Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. (3171 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu On Top Of His Car Waving At His Supporters In Igweocha, Rivers / Niger Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron Oil Well Amidst Heavy Security (Photo) / Unseen IPOB Protest In Igweocha (portharcourt) Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by EasternLion: 1:56pm On Nov 08, 2015
Live from PH

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by INTROVERT(f): 1:58pm On Nov 08, 2015
Biafra is gathering momentum oooo.....

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by boboLIL(m): 2:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
Happy birthday to me..... Guys appreciate me.... Its only God that can do it....today is my day
Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by Codedb2: 2:02pm On Nov 08, 2015
Am loving this

1 Like

Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by Money40: 2:04pm On Nov 08, 2015
Soldier on brothers and sisters we are going
Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by Style007(m): 2:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
Land of rising sun, we love and cherish, Beloved homeland of our brave heroes; We must defend our lives or we shall perish, We shall protect our hearts from all our foes; But if the price is death for all we hold dear, Then let us die without a shred of fear. Hail to Biafra, consecrated nation, O fatherland, this be our solemn pledge: Defending thee shall be a dedication, Spilling our blood we’ll count a privilege; The waving standard which emboldens the free Shall always be our flag of liberty. We shall emerge triumphant from this ordeal, And through the crucible unscathed we’ll pass; When we are poised the wounds of battle to heal, We shall remember those who died in mass; Then shall our trumpets peal the glorious song Of victory we scored o’er might and wrong. Oh God, protect us from the hidden pitfall, Guide all our movements lest we go astray; Give us the strength to heed the humanist call: To give and not to count the cost’ each day; Bless those who rule to serve with resoluteness, To make this clime a land of righteousness. ”

10 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 08, 2015
This is good
Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by UmuEri(m): 2:07pm On Nov 08, 2015
Oh Biafra! I shall gladly die for thy course!

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by dialfa: 2:08pm On Nov 08, 2015
Chai! See Zoo Army looking lost.

The soldiers be like: "WTF is this now?"

13 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by estherdim: 2:11pm On Nov 08, 2015
Introvert are you Back frm Amerika..

Get All type of Timberland Boot, Nike, Adidas, Emporio Armani, Casio Edifice, Smart watches Et all, visit link at signature below
Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by EasternLion: 2:13pm On Nov 08, 2015

Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by AngryNigerian(m): 2:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
...still thinking
Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by AngryNigerian(m): 2:18pm On Nov 08, 2015
For me, is it not better to administer a referendum and determine if the SE/SS actually want the Biafra thing 2 stay?

I'm hoping to invest in the ~200mill-capacity Nigeria...hope it won't be a wasted venture in the near future ooo!!!
Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by Tunami(m): 2:21pm On Nov 08, 2015
its true oo this biafra tin no be shere shere

9 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by dustmalik: 2:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
dialfa:
Chai! See Zoo Army looking lost.

The soldiers be like: "WTF is this now?"
If you weren't blind, you would have seen that the protest has been tamed. No going further for your biafrans.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by IPOB123london: 2:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
angry man without conscience

u are happy driving and watching kids as young as 4yrs selling mango on the main road

u know when a white man say Africans are monkeys they just dnt get it

look at your mouth; investing wetin

what about the collectivity and sustenance of the people as a nation; and when i say nation i mean people with collective interest and not sharia driven madness

people like u is a problem to us;and one day u will die and this none sense and backwardness will move from generation to generation until your surname is over run by islam ic jihadis then u will get it when u are in your rotten grave

7 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by Qelvin(m): 2:32pm On Nov 08, 2015
Yaribas be like: but SS people don't support Biafra...

12 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by Chimarto: 2:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
Se.un and Nigeria Army are confuse. This post deserve FP

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by engrfcuksmtin(m): 3:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
95% of threads on Biafra is suppose to be in the ethnic section. Gradually the
politics section of NL is becoming a platform to air the agitation for Biafra.
Mods move all these silly posts to ethnic section and let us discuss Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by IPOB123london: 3:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
^^^but there is a thread for odudwa secession

show yourself

NO NO NO they are more than interested in any igbo thread lipsrsealed

crazy people

10 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by Positivist: 3:32pm On Nov 08, 2015
At the peak of "Kidnapping" in the south east : All millionaires from South East deserted that region. Luxury cars were exchanged for volkswagen beetle for disguise. Some hired ambulance as camouflage to visit home. Some abandoned their mansion to lodge in hotel. Some relocated their business to the "zoo". Some relocated their families and properties to the "zoo". Some died in the hands of those kidnappers. Life became nasty, short and brutish for south easterners. Fear and nightmare killed many millionaires. Many millionaires died in the hands of their captors. All Igbo traditional cultures were deformed during kidnapping hence the "zoo" became a safety net for all. The "zoo" played host to uncountable traditional marriage of our people. The "zoo" played host to our revered traditional New Yam Festival. Churches in the south east went bankrupt because nobody was honouring any invitation of fund raising. Fake and pretentious lifestyle was activated out of fear. Many projects were abandoned both private and public projects. Pupils were withdrawn from schools. At a stage kidnappers started kidnapping themselves while some youths started self kidnapping to exploit their parents and sponsors. Ok.Kontinu In the early days of Boko-haram, many people saw it as a Northern problem. As it escalates, it went beyond a regional problem and become a national problem and migrated to global problem. Any sensible creature that visits Northeast Nigeria today must break down in tears. Some millionaires are now starving in IDP. Life is now a misery in northeast. Some are making millions out of the calamity while millions are lavishing in hunger and deprivation. Hmmmmm. I detest anything violence. I detest Incitement. I detest war I detest aggression. Those sponsoring the Biafra uprising today are short minded creatures that lacks knowledge. There is nothing that you cannot achieve through peaceful means. Advice to 2nd Niger Bridge dwellers, You can empower group of miscreants with lies and deceit as a way of distracting an administration you hate with passion . You will be their first victim when they run out of control. You will not be lucky to re-educate them when they buy into your hate propaganda. Violent struggle are the easiest struggle that can be hijacked by miscreants and terrorist. Violence orientation gives birth to terrorist upbringing. Hating the "zoo" to Greatness will leave you stranded. The zoo might not accommodate us all when it starts . Do not think you have monopoly of violence. To South East Elites, Rise and Educate your populace! Kidnapping litany will be a child's play when miscreants hijack this agitation. You might not live to see the end.. Dear President Buhari, The National Orientation Agency is dead. Revive it. Reactivate it. Declare emergency in NOA. Okokobioko has plenty homes across "zoo". He can minister from anywhere. Chanjiiiiiii is here Embrace it! Diaritz god. Dazzol
- Okeke Godwin Iyke

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by virus05(m): 4:11pm On Nov 08, 2015
No wonder I just dey see army van dey pass my area. .as if say d army won go fight war
.I no nosay na biafra

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 08, 2015
Like play, like play
Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by honeywealth75(m): 4:50pm On Nov 08, 2015
The people that matters in Igboland, i mean the reals one that can determine the fate of Biafra are already absorbed into d unity of Nigeria, i bet people like Tony Enumelu, Uzor Kalu and the CEO of Diamond bank and the rest of them who av investments in other parts of the region than their homeland will never bliv in Biafra. All i see in these protests are the assemblage of touts and not people who av good idea on how to secede. The world is just laughing at them.
Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by Trut(m): 4:50pm On Nov 08, 2015
The zoo soldiers are helpless and lost grin

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by Trut(m): 4:54pm On Nov 08, 2015
honeywealth75:
The people that matters in Igboland, i mean the reals one that can determine the fate of Biafra are already absorbed into d unity of Nigeria, i bet people like Tony Enumelu, Uzor Kalu and the CEO of Diamond bank and the rest of them who av investments in other parts of the region than their homeland will never bliv in Biafra. All i see in these protests are the assemblage of touts and not people who av good idea on how to secede. The world is just laughing at them.

The people that matters in Biafra are Biafrans in diaspora, not selfish individuals that think only about their interests and investments outside Biafra land.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 08, 2015
This is where you are failing it, they can't speak for the common man, we Igbo believe in Oha kwuru sii (The people says) not one rich dude determining the fate of a common man in the street. Those you are seeing are big boys making things happen in Aba, Onicha etc
honeywealth75:

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by biafranqueen: 5:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
IPOB123london:

angry man without conscience

u are happy driving and watching kids as young as 4yrs selling mango on the main road

u know when a white man say Africans are monkeys they just dnt get it

look at your mouth; investing wetin

what about the collectivity and sustenance of the people as a nation; and when i say nation i mean people with collective interest and not sharia driven madness

people like u is a problem to us;and one day u will die and this none sense and backwardness will move from generation to generation until your surname is over run by islam ic jihadis then u will get it when u are in your rotten grave
IPOB in London show us your picture in Igboland don't put your face just show us your not typing from London....

1 Like

Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by PhockPhockMan: 5:09pm On Nov 08, 2015
honeywealth75:

You're wrong, revolution is never dominated by elites, the type you mentioned. Instead the people you called tout that it happened.

If I'm wrong, then tell me of any revolution by elites.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 08, 2015
Army guys blocking abakaliki road here in enugu, pix taking this evening. Biafra guys no even care.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by coolzeal(m): 5:19pm On Nov 08, 2015
A yoruba friend ask me: under what conditions would you support One Nigeria and let go of the Biafra struggle.

Here was my response:

1. Close down Lagos ports and Open up PH, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri.
2. Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to Lagos and Abuja airports...only local or minimal connecting flights will be allowed. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and PH to international flights...direct and major connecting flights.
3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos and Abuja to Enugu, PH and Calabar.
4. All federal governments agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, PH and Calabar. CBN, NNPC,e.t.c shall and must relocate to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
5. All multinational companies in Lagos and Abuja, shall and must relocate their offices to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
6. If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented, we can try one Nigeria and let's see if you Hausas and Yorubas will like it for a month. Meaning, Yorubas and Hausas needing to get visas shall travel to PH, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping and importing their goods, e.t.c.

The yoruba friend replied: you can't be serious, this is wickedness. I said really? Don't you think Biafrans have been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50 yrs? He was quiet for a few seconds and said: wow, you are right but it never occurred to me. I said, that's the problem with One Nigeria, those who are benefiting love it and would love to maintain the status quo.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest In Igweocha Holds Sway Amidst Heavy Army Blockade. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 08, 2015
Positivist:
I detest anything violence.
I detest Incitement.
I detest war
I detest aggression.
Those sponsoring the Biafra uprising today are short
minded creatures that lacks knowledge.
There is nothing that you cannot achieve through peaceful
means.
Advice to 2nd Niger Bridge dwellers,
You can empower group of miscreants with lies and deceit
as a way of distracting an administration you hate with
passion . You will be their first victim when they run out of
control.
You will not be lucky to re-educate them when they buy into
your hate propaganda.
Violent struggle are the easiest struggle that can be hijacked
by miscreants and terrorist.
Violence orientation gives birth to terrorist upbringing.
Hating the "zoo" to Greatness will leave you stranded.
The zoo might not accommodate us all when it starts .
Do not think you have monopoly of violence.
To South East Elites,
Rise and Educate your populace!
Kidnapping litany will be a child's play when miscreants
hijack this agitation.
You might not live to see the end..
Dear President Buhari,
The National Orientation Agency is dead.
Revive it.
Reactivate it.
Declare emergency in NOA.
Okokobioko has plenty homes across "zoo".
He can minister from anywhere.
Chanjiiiiiii is here
Embrace it!
Diaritz god. Dazzol

- Okeke Godwin Iyke

Lying propagandist, stop spreading falsehood and misinformation because you dread to hear Biaf...

Seeking self-determination does not equate to calls for war as you're mischievously doing. FYI, he that sows the wind must surely reap the whirlwind!

No force on earth can stop a cause whose time has reached. More so, strange bedfellows are not meant to be together.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gowon said that Nigerians should be proud of the gains of the war through the healing balm of “no victor, no vanquished.”

According to him, the three Rs of reconciliation, rehabilitation and reconstruction were adopted to enhance national unity.

He also argued that the abandonment of the development plan drafted immediately after the war by successive governments, resulted in the infrastructural decay in the country

The former head of state, however, lauded Ojukwu for his courage in defending his people during the war, saying: “if Ojukwu were in my shoes, he would have equally waged the war.”

He also commended the Anambra government and management of the university for honouring Ojukwu with the change in name of the institution from Anambra State University to COOU.
https://www.nairaland.com/2440061/igbo-president-heal-civil-war

xtrorse:

OCEANS OF BLOOD AND THE POWER OF TRUTH by Femi Fani-Kayode

"The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it but in the end, there it is" - Sir Winston Churchill, the Prime Minister of Great Britain (1940-1945 and 1951-1955)

Nothing empowers the spirit more than the
truth. Nothing warms the soul more than
the truth. Nothing dispels the darkness
more than the truth.
Nothing emboldens the noble more than the
truth. Nothing sheds the light more than the
truth. Nothing enlightens the ignorant more
than the truth. Nothing frees the enslaved
more than the truth. Nothing liberates the
mind more than the truth.

Nothing purges the evil more than the truth.
Nothing hurts the vile more than the truth.
Nothing troubles the murderous more than
the truth. Nothing exposes the reprobate
more than the truth.  Nothing burns the
slanderer more than the truth.

Nothing chains the liar more than the truth.
Nothing heals the wounded more than the
truth. Nothing brings the peace more than
the truth. Nothing torments the oppressor
more than the truth. Nothing haunts the
wicked more than the truth. Nothing
punishes the tyrant more than the truth.
Nothing humiliates the proud more than the
truth. Nothing restores our hope more than
the truth. Nothing serves justice more than
the truth. Nothing delivers the captive more
than the truth.  As Churchill said, ‘’the truth is
incontrovertible’’. It is overwhelming and it
is irresistible. It is powerful and it is
beautiful.

It cannot be destroyed.  It cannot be
denied.  It cannot be suppressed. It is
eternal.  It will always be revealed at the
appointed time. It may be ignored for a
season but it will eventually resurface to
torment the deceiver.

With truth comes the opportunity to repent
and to forgive. With truth comes justice,
  healing, peace, love, restoration,
reconciliation, reparation, redemption and
the chance for new beginnings. Without
truth there can be none of these blessings
or virtues: only darkness, deceit, ugliness,
suspicion, hate, carnage, violence and the
enthronement and celebration of bitter and
wretched souls. Without truth evil goes from
strength to strength. Without truth the
wicked crush innocent souls. Without truth
the oppressor continues to thrive and
flourish but with truth the righteous rise
and reach the top.  Without truth nations
wither and perish but with truth they
prosper and excel.

Yet what truth resides in our beleagured
country?  A country that feeds fat on lies and
revels in deceit. A country that refuses to
teach its children our history in order to
cover up the many wrongs and injustices of
the past. A country whose elders refer to the
oppressed and disillusioned as desperate
''miscreants''. A country whose leaders refer
to those that seek to enforce their legitimate
rights as ''money-loving drug dealers and
skilful scammers''.

A country that cannot make a distinction
between those that seek to peacefully
exercise their right of self-determination
and those that terrorise, kill and maim
others in an attempt to impose their faith.
There are many truths that the Nigerian
people will have to come to terms with
before our nation can be at peace with
itself.

An ocean of blood has been shed in the
name of a united Nigeria yet the
perpetrators of state-sponsored violence
have never been brought to book. Many
souls have been wasted in trying to keep us
one. How much more blood has to flow
before those that have ruled us from time
immemorial accept the fact that nations
cannot be established by subjugation and
tyranny but only by justice, equity, truth,
equal rights and consensus.

The truth of the Jos massacre in 1945
where hundreds were slaughtered cannot
be denied. The truth of the Kano riots in
1953 where thousands were butchered
cannot be denied. The truth of the pogroms
in the north in 1966 where hundreds of
thousands were killed cannot be denied.
The truth of the slaughter of millions of
innocent civilians, women and children
between 1967 and 1969 during the
Nigerian civil war cannot be denied.

The truth of the Asaba massacre in 1969
where 1000 little boys and old men were
rounded up in the town square and shot in
the head cannot be denied.
The truth of the massacre of hundreds of
thousands of Christians and ethnic
minorities all over the north and particularly
in the Middle Belt throughout the 80’s and
90’s cannot be denied. The truth of political
sharia with its attendant violence, trauma,
blood-letting and butchery from 2000-2003
in the far north cannot be denied.

The bitter truth of Boko Haram and the
relentless slaughter of hundreds of
thousands of innocent Nigerians by Islamic
fundamentalists in northern Nigeria from
2009 up until today cannot be denied. The
truth of the murder of dozens of young
youth corpers and hundreds of other people
in the far north in 2011 cannot be denied.
The truth of the brutal slaughter of innocent
Nigerians by Fulani herdsmen over the last
20 years and up until today cannot be
denied. O Nigerians, who has bewitched
thee? Why do we hate truth and those that
speak it with such passion?  Like the ostrich,
we have buried our heads in the sand and
we act as if these things never happened.
We refuse to acknowledge the evil within us
and we refuse to honor the dead by atoning
for our sins and calling for retribution and
justice.

These horrendous events cannot be denied
and neither shall they ever be forgotten. The
blood of the innocents that were
slaughtered by these relentless Huns speaks
through the ages and from generation to
generation.  That blood cries out to God in
heaven and it calls for vengeance. It is time
for justice to be done. It is time for those
that consistently kill and shed blood in their
ignoble quest to rule us forever to be
brought to book. It is time for the Tutsis of
Nigeria to be brought to heel. It is time for
those that starved millions of little children
to death in the name of crushing Biafra to
be exposed.

It is time that those who seek to play down
these events and who seek to cover up their
complicity in genocide be called out and
shamed.  It is time that some of our elders
and so-called leaders are sent to the
International Criminal Court for genocide
and murder and for crimes against
humanity. It is time to rediscover our
humanity. It is time for the ancient leaders
and guardians of the Nigerian state to admit
that they have built our so-called unity on
nothing but murder, carnage and the blood,
guts and bones of millions of slaughtered
innocents.

It is time for them to apologies to the
Nigerian people for their insufferable
conspiracy of silence and their insatiable
greed. It is time for them to tell the truth
about our blood-soaked and frightful
history, to confess their sins, to kneel down
before the Ancient of Days and to beg Him
for forgiveness. It is time for them to start
fearing the Lord of Hosts, to stop hating the
messenger and to start dealing with the
message.
AmadiAba:
#BIAFRA: OBAFEMI AWOLOWO, MURTALA MUHAMMAD WERE MURDERERS NOT HEROES – Madam Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo

Look how Ibrahim Taiwo and Murtala Muhammad both died Feb 13th 1976. ‪Assassinated‬. They were no HEROES in Nigeria! Don’t let anyone fool you. I was the best on current affairs on that quiz show on NTA in 1976 at age 11. I knew it all and even became a Journalist.

They led the 2nd infantry military that MURDERED our boys and men in Asaba Biafra The Federal troops entered Asaba around October 5, 1967 and began ransacking houses and killing civilians, claiming they were Biafran sympathisers. Leaders summoned the townspeople to assemble on the morning of October 7, hoping to end the violence through a show of support for “One Nigeria.” Hundreds of men, women, and children, many wearing the ceremonial akwa ocha (white) attire paraded along the main street, singing, dancing, and chanting “One Nigeria.” At a junction, men and teenage boys were separated from women and young children, and gathered in an open square at Ogbe-Osawa village.

Federal troops revealed machine guns, and... FULL STORY HERE >>>  http://www.igberetvnews.com/?p=21893

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? / The North Owns The Oil In The SW / Picture Of Gen Wiwa (ken Saro Wiwa's Brother) Sacked By Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.