Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) (39350 Views)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Temple Of The Most High God Ogun: Satan Is ‘Brother’, Worshippers Served Alcohol / Gunmen Kill Worshippers At A Catholic Church In Ozubulu, Anambra State (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by Spybradd: 5:13pm On Nov 08, 2015
anonimi:

If God was really involved, don't you believe the demolition would NOT have occured
Where is your FAITH in the OMNIPOTENT God?
Perhaps you know you are NOT serving Him? shocked

common man,God doesnt have to move over every issue thats got to do with His affairs on earth...otherwise,are you saying the various bible prophets and apostles of old like Isaiah,Paul,John,Peter,...who were slain,are you saying they were on their own? Are you saying the numerous christians and churches killed and bombed and destroyed by fanatics were all on there own? my friend,He allows certain things to happen and again,His ways are not our ways.....
Anonimi haba! you of all people dey react like this!!? guy u fall hand...
Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by Omooba77: 5:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
The truth is that one day Gov.Amosun will come and worship there.Ogun government cant be trusted,same way they lied RCCG didnot repaired Lagos-Ibadan express way

1 Like

Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by Reference(m): 5:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
'Jesus, this is your house'....really? Is it not God that says He does not dwell in temples made by man. That we ourselves are the temple of God, the dwelling place of the Most High.

I've heard so much church misinformation these past few days it is coming out of my nostrils. This is another one. Abeg, God is a Spirit. He doesn't do brick and mortar. He dwells in heaven (a spiritual address) and owns no, neither seeks to own any landed property.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by qreem231(m): 5:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
Highcuerayte:
The man nailed to cross is not Jesus but Emmanuel.
Sir/Ma,the person nailed to the cross was Jesus and also he bears Emmanuel. Was it not the same man nailed to the cross blind bartholomew called Jesus, son of David? so don't go about confusing people,Good day.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by anonimi: 5:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
Spybradd:

common man,God doesnt have to move over every issue thats got to do with His affairs on earth...otherwise,are you saying the various bible prophets and apostles of old like Isaiah,Paul,John,Peter,...who were slain,are you saying they were on their own? Are you saying the numerous christians and churches killed and bombed and destroyed by fanatics were all on there own? my friend,He allows certain things to happen and again,His ways are not our ways.....
Anonimi haba! you of all people dey react like this!!? guy u fall hand...

It is DELIBERATE to provoke critical thinking about the role of God & faith in our African minds that are underutilised as we WAIT on God or some random 'messiah' to fix the mess that WE created all by ourselves.
Cheers.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2967417_nj_jpeg37ee3fbdac35f2474cf93c1a290bf69a
Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by otiigba1(m): 5:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
Bonapart:
They've done theirs , God's judgement is next

I surely believe that they can't do dis to any mosque

The fool even went ahead to say the plan of God is obstructing their own plan

Thunder fire everybody involved in this
Rubbish!!!
i believe the bible also says to respect the law of the land, which the church seems to be disrespecting.

If really you are a so called christian, why would you call upon thunder to fire every body involved? Were is your love and forgiveness? Yet you claim to a be a christian. I guess practise what you preach does not apply. I SMH for you Hypocrites!

1 Like

Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by VickyRotex(f): 5:18pm On Nov 08, 2015
Trustworthiness:

GBAM!!!

Thank you for Bible quotation. That, to me clarifies fighting against God.

But the corrupt individuals that perpetuate act of corruption in the disguise of religion need to wake up and see that CHANGE must covers all aspects of our life that is encouraging corruption indirectly.

CHANGE WILL VOTED FOR. SO CORRUPTION MUST BE UPROOTED FROM OUR SYSTEM IN ALL RAMIFICATION.

Gbam too!!! smiley
Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by nikkiking(m): 5:18pm On Nov 08, 2015
bushdoc9919:

All that you are saying does not negate the fact that rules were broken.

We have to stop breaking rules in this country....especially Christians....so that when the lawman comes....we can safely say....We followed the rules.
let's agree to disagree my friend.

Notice was supposed to be on the display.

Not everyone cares about your useless rules undecided
Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by annibro(f): 5:19pm On Nov 08, 2015
adeboizy11:

Egbon which word be sook again?
grin grin The guy English Teacher hear am cheesy

Teacher: what is the past tense of SEEK

tiamiyukunle69: SOOK grin

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by Emmahunk(m): 5:20pm On Nov 08, 2015
johnydon22:
If it is true that they violated the state residential plan and was not an approved structure then the government was right to pull it down.

It is time Nigerians start adhering to the stipulated laws of the state in their activities and not be crying foul that the country is not good when they are the ones doing it and making the cities look unplanned by encroaching into governmental space when building.

That it is a church building doesn't exempt it from being demolished once it goes against the guide or violated the state laws.

Nobody is exempted or should be accorded special treatment in the government ...

And it took the Government two whole years to discover that it's laws have been violated?
Look deeper, there is something more to this than meets the eyes.
Daddy Adeboye, is right in asking everyone to be calm . Am sure if the Government acted wrongfully , that God will fight his own battle.
Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by DOCTORDONE: 5:23pm On Nov 08, 2015
Why?
Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by anonimi: 5:23pm On Nov 08, 2015
Emmahunk:
And it took the Government two whole years to discover that it's laws have been violated?
Look deeper, there is something more to this than meets the eyes.
Daddy Adeboye, is right in asking everyone to be calm . Am sure if the Government acted wrongfully , that God will fight his own battle.

Are you also sure that God will fight his own battle against those who used His Name to engage in LAWLESSNESS
Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by VirginFinder: 5:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
kestolove95:
Why shouting jesus?..is it the jesus dat couldn't save him sef from bin nailed or wht?

He chose not to save Himself so that He could save people like you and me.

Have you accepted Him as you LORD and Personal Saviour?

Please do so if you haven't.
Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by ZUBY77(m): 5:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
Bonapart:

Rubbish!!!

Animal

1 Like

Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by SolomonAdeola: 5:33pm On Nov 08, 2015
But where was d govt when the building started from foundation. Why did they wait till it was this tall and consumed huge resources. Senseless decisions!
Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by ZUBY77(m): 5:33pm On Nov 08, 2015
mozel247:
The question is ''where were the development official when the foundation started up to this completion level and suddenly they realised it doesn't have paper. Only in Nigeria is this possible

So the development officials should pit their tenth all over the state?
Illiterate

1 Like

Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 08, 2015
Must you include God in all things?The state has a law and the law was implemented you're calling God to punish them.If they did it out of wickedness that's when God will punish them.
Bonapart:

Rubbish!!!

1 Like

Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by ogaprime(m): 5:36pm On Nov 08, 2015
As usual, atheist will always say nonsense. One thing I am sure of his that majority of these big churches with branches spread all over don't break rules. Its either they rent a building or they build the church on the lands that they buy and constructions can't start without proper land documents and documentation For example, a big branch in redeem that's on his permanent site can't joke with property paper because such transactions gets to the highest authority.

Since the demolished building is inside an estate, something tells me someone or some people is/are against the church.

If the church is at fault, pastor Adeboye or the church authority will apologise to the ogun state government but instead, the church decided to keep quite which means "leave them and let God judge"
Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by simplisity(m): 5:36pm On Nov 08, 2015
They will demolish Church of God, but they will do every thing possible to build shrine in Governors lodge. It is very unfortunate that Nigerians r being lead by occultic men and women who have no regard for God, that is y we r not moving forward, no progress, no peace, no joy, no unity in diversity etc. Their hands r defiled by d blood of d people they used in ritual. The church shld be given preferencial treatment in this situation, i dont go redeem, but i think they deserve that land, as far as God owns every thing, including me and u.
Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by SolomonAdeola: 5:38pm On Nov 08, 2015
Infact, if they suddenly woke up and decided they didn't want a church in their so called residential estate, they could have advised them to convert it into a residential building other than outright destruction of such an huge amount of resources already invested.

It's so painful!
It pains to the marrows
Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by Highcuerayte: 5:40pm On Nov 08, 2015
qreem231:
Sir/Ma,the person nailed to the cross was Jesus and also he bears Emmanuel. Was it not the same man nailed to the cross blind bartholomew called Jesus, son of David? so don't go about confusing people,Good day.
Fortunately fortunate, historical and Biblical analytical evidence are not easy to thwart.

The man Emmanuel is different from King James Jesus.
Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by SolomonAdeola: 5:41pm On Nov 08, 2015
[quote author=ZUBY77 post=39810738]

So the development officials should pit their tenth all over the state?
Illiterate [/quote

Hey Mr zubby. It's what they are paid for. Stop being the illiterate here. What were they doing for 2yrs. They didn't take action! Haaba now! Think objectively!
Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by cbnsms(f): 5:43pm On Nov 08, 2015
I only pray is not done out of hatred...
Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by ZUBY77(m): 5:44pm On Nov 08, 2015
[quote author=SolomonAdeola post=39811009][/quote]

I think the major question should be, why did the church start a building without government approval?
Isn't that illegal?

1 Like

Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by VickyRotex(f): 5:56pm On Nov 08, 2015
Spybradd:

you this vickie of a woman,will you keep quiet there! who asked you? allow me to do the talking,my friend. angry

grin

Osogbo weed at work! embarassed undecided
Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by babkunlex(m): 6:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
There's more to this issue than all the comments I'm seeing here. Anyway since the G.O has instructed that no one should comment about this issue I think we all need to adhere to this order. But the same HILLTOP that I Know there's MOSQUE there too...E get as e be sha
Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by expressglory: 6:24pm On Nov 08, 2015
kestolove95:
Why shouting jesus?..is it the jesus dat couldn't save him sef from bin nailed or wht?
You must be high on weed or completely out of your mind!
Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by Kaybee14(m): 6:25pm On Nov 08, 2015
The laws of the land must be strictly adhered to without any sentiment.

CLICK/CHECK ON MY SIGNATURE BELOW FOR THE LATEST QUALITY STONE COATED ROOFING TILES.
Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by buskie13(m): 6:25pm On Nov 08, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
Naa so u mumu reach. Religious drumbeater iranu.
ur fada...idiotta.
Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by mekaboy(m): 6:34pm On Nov 08, 2015
johnydon22:
If it is true that they violated the state residential plan and was not an approved structure then the government was right to pull it down.

It is time Nigerians start adhering to the stipulated laws of the state in their activities and not be crying foul that the country is not good when they are the ones doing it and making the cities look unplanned by encroaching into governmental space when building.

That it is a church building doesn't exempt it from being demolished once it goes against the guide or violated the state laws.

Nobody is exempted or should be accorded special treatment in the government ...

Why wait till the building got to the level ? what happened to putting stop work sign ?
Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by MuttleyLaff: 6:35pm On Nov 08, 2015
kestolove95:
Why shouting Jesus?
Is it the jesus dat couldn't save him sef from bin nailed or what?
Jesus wasnt born to save Himself from being nailed.
Jesus dying on the cross is ''mission accomplished''

Highcuerayte:
The man nailed to cross is not Jesus but Emmanuel
Here we go again

qreem231:
Sir/Ma, the person nailed to the cross was Jesus and also he bears Emmanuel.
Was it not the same man nailed to the cross blind bartholomew called Jesus, son of David?
so don't go about confusing people, Good day.
Word up

Highcuerayte:
Fortunately fortunate, historical and Biblical analytical evidence are not easy to thwart.

The man Emmanuel is different from King James Jesus
You're treading on thin ice
with all these your ill-thought-out notions which unfortunately lack good & solid biblical footing

Who is Emmanuel?
Who is Jesus?
Is Emmanuel = Jesus or Emmanuel ≠ Jesus?
Is Emmanuel = ''God is with us'' or not?
Is it impossible for God to be in 2 places at the same time?
Why did God had a dire need of a human body? (i.e. as in the form of God the Son, after becoming God the Father)

1 Like

Re: Ogun Demolishes Redeemed Church Building As Worshippers Lament (Photo) by Highcuerayte: 6:47pm On Nov 08, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Jesus wasnt born to save Himself from being nailed.
Jesus dying on the cross is ''mission accomplished''

Here we go again

Word up

You're treading on thin ice
with all these your ill-thought-out notions which unfortunately lack good & solid biblical footing

Who is Emmanuel?
Who is Jesus?
Is Emmanuel = Jesus or Emmanuel ≠ Jesus?
Is Emmanuel = ''God is with us'' or not?
Is it impossible for God to be in 2 places at the same time?
Why did God had a dire need of a human body? (i.e. as in the form of God the Son, after becoming God the Father)

Check Hebrew context of the Bible before quoting me again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anja Ringgren Loven & Her Husband, David Emmanuel Umem Pictured / Dr. John Hagee: Women Who Call God’s Name During Sex Should Be Jailed / Unclad Man Found In A Benin Church (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.