Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. (20930 Views)

Traffic Robbers Union Reacts Over Arrest Of Members / Seven Traffic Robbers Arrested In Lagos (photos) / Lagos traffic Robbers captured by Rapid Response Officers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by Nobody: 5:54am On Nov 09, 2015
Operatives of the Rapid Response Squad, RRS, of Lagos State Police Command, have arrested three suspected members of a robbery gang that specialized in attacking motorists and commuters trapped in traffic around Ikoyi area of the state.
thievesThe suspects, as gathered, were arrested in their hideout around Bourdillon, while preparing for an operation, Saturday.
Recovered from the suspects were four cutlasses, axes and iron rods used in breaking victims’ cars’ windscreens.
The suspects according to the RRS Commander, Mr. Olatunji Disu, an Assistant Commissioner of Police, “were arrested following complaints from members of public on incessant in-traffic robbery attacks around the axis.
“Our men laid an ambush, which led to the arrest of 24-year-old Joseph, 29-year-old Jamilu and 30-year-old Gambo. Others manage to escape the dragnet of the Police. When the policemen combed the area, different weapons were recovered from.”
However, Jamilu, who hails from Jigawa State, said he was innocent of the allegation, saying one of his friends, Joseph, was a member of the robbery gang.
According to him, “Gambo and I are innocent. We were relaxing under a tree in the field when we were arrested. We were selling second-hand goods under the bridge before government sent us away.
“Since then, we have been staying under the tree. We are not members of the gang that attack people in traffic. But Joseph is. They are 15 in number. He usually leaves every evening with members of his gang.
“The field is their meeting place. When they come back from any operation, they would bring travelling bags, school bags, telephones and other items stolen from their victims. Gambo and I never partook in the operation or sharing of loot.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/police-arrest-3-traffic-robbers-in-lagos/

Cc Lalasticlala.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by kadas01(m): 6:20am On Nov 09, 2015
Thief na thief, and na small small dem go take "graduate" into big time armed robbers!

A lot needs to be done to tackle threats like "bank robbery", "kidnapping" and other "heinous" crime in our society!

Good morning!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by Nobody: 6:24am On Nov 09, 2015
grin
Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by eightsin(m): 6:24am On Nov 09, 2015
Kirikiri calling them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by Kingbilo(m): 6:34am On Nov 09, 2015
I'm inclined to believe jamilu.. Maybe after further interrogation, they can come to an agreement and use them as informants to catch the remaining culprits.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by Omotayor123(f): 7:37am On Nov 09, 2015
Good!
Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by free2ryhme: 8:29am On Nov 09, 2015
grin

Bring tire Bring fuel, ole
Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by Lilimax(f): 8:30am On Nov 09, 2015
Dem try!
Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by iamsodium(m): 8:30am On Nov 09, 2015
not ma biznes

#TEAMNAIRALANDSCIENCE
Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by free2ryhme: 8:30am On Nov 09, 2015
na wa ooo
Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by WisdomCanada(m): 8:30am On Nov 09, 2015
Sorry for them
Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by Tman66(m): 8:30am On Nov 09, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy Ole grin grin grin
Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by hamaworld(m): 8:31am On Nov 09, 2015
Lovely news.
Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 09, 2015
Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by ifISLAPYOU(f): 8:31am On Nov 09, 2015
Gud
Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by Adex097: 8:31am On Nov 09, 2015

We were selling second-hand goods under the bridge before government sent us away.“Since then, we have been staying under the tree. We are not members of the gang that attack people in traffic
So you guys now make a living by just staying under the tree

8 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by holyokoto(m): 8:31am On Nov 09, 2015
Both of you are innocent but you knew almost everything about these gangs and you didn't alert the police until you are caught. Una never see anything

8 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by Sasuwa(f): 8:32am On Nov 09, 2015
Hmm, response I received from some naialand girls that I tied to woo, some are funny and disgusting, I am not going to disclose their identity for privacy sake .
• If you never announce yourself, You nor go rest ,Some guy go come back. And ask , I don gree what next.
• Children on nairaland since 500ad
• You've already made a mistake. Dumbhead.
• person wey send me pm de waste de time i laff in chinese chi-wag ,the only pm i send na to the mods wey like to de ban me ,try and upload your pix make we access
• You don dey find my trouble now abi? I go give you small wahala oh, that's if you no want mek this Xmas be you like Good Friday.You wan kneel down again abi?
• U don start again abi?
• Hahaha you aint serious
• ehmmm,I don't get yu

click to read more
Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by ritababe(f): 8:33am On Nov 09, 2015
Good work
Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by JamesUka: 8:33am On Nov 09, 2015
Hmmmm uhhhhh
Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by ofofoCEO(f): 8:33am On Nov 09, 2015
Una never see anything, more arrests to be made.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by kingthreat(m): 8:34am On Nov 09, 2015
Please let them be wasted. Perfect deterrent for others.
Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by bewla(m): 8:34am On Nov 09, 2015
i
Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by idowuswap: 8:35am On Nov 09, 2015
The names I wanted to see on this page should be igbos name. Or igbo peoples has repent from stealing and robbery or 419 or kidnappin..I don't think so they can never change trust igbo they were born criminal

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by idowuswap: 8:37am On Nov 09, 2015
idowuswap:
The names I wanted to see on this page should be igbos name. Or igbo peoples has repent from stealing and robbery or 419 or kidnappin..I don't think so they can never change trust igbo they were born criminal
correcty ni
Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by KinkyAngela(f): 8:37am On Nov 09, 2015
Good
Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by pussypounder(m): 8:37am On Nov 09, 2015
Hh
Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by Royalfurnitures: 8:37am On Nov 09, 2015
Good send them to where they belong

Check my signature for your affordable and durable furniture
Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by ekems2020(m): 8:39am On Nov 09, 2015
I would like you to end the Erratic Power outage and save yourself the mess. . . .Its Fuel-less, Noise-Less, Maintenance-Less, Pollution-less Power generator

Power your Phones, PC, Sound systems, Rooms, other electronics and business with this device. Charge once a day, Use 4 days!

http://www.dekemcyonline.com/2015/10/introducing-lifepo4-battery-excellent.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTHSWJI5v8k

Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by IamGentle(f): 8:39am On Nov 09, 2015
[/color][color=#770077][left][/left]. Chaii!!! na some ladies boo be dis o
Re: Police Arrest 3 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. by missyadorable(f): 8:39am On Nov 09, 2015
Name checkers are disappointed
Yeebos don't do local petty stealing
they go international and are professionals

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Officials Involved In N8bn Currency Scam Dismissed – CBN / Singapore To Execute Woman On Drugs Charge For The First Time In 20 Years / Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.