Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria (170404 Views)

Fresh Graduate Trainee Opportunity June/july 2018 / Sterling Bank Graduate Trainee 2018 Recruitment Programme / Graduate Trainee Opportunity In A Top Bank In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by otimize(m): 7:48pm On Nov 23, 2015
kaka22:
I just received a success mail. Glory to God
Pls where did you take ur test(state)? and what time??
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by kaka22(m): 7:50pm On Nov 23, 2015
otimize:
Pls where did you take ur test(state)? and what time??
Ibadan. 12pm
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by Raey2919(m): 7:51pm On Nov 23, 2015
Is this sterling recruitment for a permanent staff or contract position. Please i need to know
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by witorwitoutyou(m): 7:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
otimize:
Me when no get mail,wetin that wan mean? e mean say i don fail Did anyone get a regret mail?, so that i will know my fate....
Aw u no go get mail,at dis Jet age
Even as dem dey give new born name now,na so dem dey open bank acct with email 4 am
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by SSpeter(m): 7:57pm On Nov 23, 2015
Shinelle:

Ngwanu.... are u serious?
Torr....oti pari!
Babe calm down your success mail is on the way...do not fret....hpe u had a great day?
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by SSpeter(m): 7:59pm On Nov 23, 2015
Raey2919:
Is this sterling recruitment for a permanent staff or contract position. Please i need to know
call workforce and verify.....
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by otimize(m): 7:59pm On Nov 23, 2015
witorwitoutyou:

Aw u no go get mail,at dis Jet age
Even as dem dey give new born name now,na so dem dey open bank acct with email 4 am
na so pigin hard to understand, workforce no send me any mail.... nia i mean o!
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by So4baba(m): 8:03pm On Nov 23, 2015
Workforce, saving the best for the last,, as regards the Lagos based candidates...
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by Emeralddd(f): 8:04pm On Nov 23, 2015
abiolekzy:
By

Yeah, I wrote my test in Ibadan, and I got a success mail from sterling today

Sorry, second class lower I meant to say.
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by witorwitoutyou(m): 8:12pm On Nov 23, 2015
otimize:
na so pigin hard to understand, workforce no send me any mail.... nia i mean o!
Go read wetin u write again
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by butanep(m): 8:19pm On Nov 23, 2015
What is the problem with workfore? This is exploitation from unemployed/underemployed graduates in Nigeria. How will they expect graduate to be moving to and fro just to write common test when they won't pay back the money for T-fee? Is there anything wrong conducting the test on a particular day?

The worst part of it is that you can get a regret mail @ any junction thereby rendering your resources and energy in vein. Funny enough will be a position of a contract staff of 60-70k in area like lagos or ph. This is really nonsense.

If they like send me a success mail for another exam in lagos, I won't go again. The protocol and test is getting too much for a common bank job.

I rest my case...

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by xmileeasy: 8:37pm On Nov 23, 2015
Shinelle:

Ngwanu.... are u serious?
Torr....oti pari!
Seriously serious, yours is on the way.
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by MOFAZIT: 8:44pm On Nov 23, 2015
Dis one wey pple de get success mail after PBT exam. Me still de wait for PBT invite... O ga oo..
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 23, 2015
butanep:
What is the problem with workfore? This is exploitation from unemployed/underemployed graduates in Nigeria. How will they expect graduate to be moving to and fro just to write common test when they won't pay back the money for T-fee? Is there anything wrong conducting the test on a particular day?

The worst part of it is that you can get a regret mail @ any junction thereby rendering your resources and energy in vein. Funny enough will be a position of a contract staff of 60-70k in area like lagos or ph. This is really nonsense.

If they like send me a success mail for another exam in lagos, I won't go again. The protocol and test is getting too much for a common bank job.

I rest my case...

How is any of these exploitation? Have they requested any fee from you? Even multinationals (like KPMG, and PWC) with more than three stages in their recruitment processes do not reimburse itinerary expenses and we do not question them, why then would you cast censures or feel entitled to one from a mere recruitment agency?

I understand it can be really tiring, and even disheartening when efforts eventually prove futile, but you won't know how much you can achieve if you don't even try. You think if you do not attend, other [perhaps even smarter] people won't?

Workforce or Sterling bank is not forcing anyone to attend any of these tests. You can choose to sit at home. However, when expressing our dissatisfaction, let's apply some tact in airing our opinions.

I wish those that made it the best.

3 Likes

Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by butanep(m): 9:07pm On Nov 23, 2015
stolid:

How is any of these exploitation? Have they requested any fee from you? Even multinationals (like KPMG, and PWC) with more than three stages in their recruitment processes do not reimburse itinerary expenses and we do not question them, why then would you cast censures or feel entitled to one from a mere recruitment agency?

I understand it can be really tiring, and even disheartening when efforts eventually prove futile, but you won't know how much you can achieve if you don't even try. You think if you do not attend, other [perhaps even smarter] people won't?

Workforce or Sterling bank is not forcing anyone to attend any of these tests. You can choose to sit at home. However, when expressing our dissatisfaction, let's apply some tact in airing our opinions.

I wish those that made it the best.

Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.

Comparing KPMG and PWC with a contract staff in a bank. The former do pay for your logistics immediately you get employed but the latter doesn't care.

The cost of moving from one place to another to write test is getting too much. Unemployed graduates are complaining of not having sufficient funds and recruiting agent are busy making them spend so much for serial of test in different location. That is unethical.

Check how recruitment is done in foreign counties, you will appreciate the system. Nigeria always take things to the extreme...

1 Like

Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by damzy88: 9:16pm On Nov 23, 2015
butanep:

Comparing KPMG and PWC with a contract staff in a bank. The former do pay for your logistics immediately you get employed but the latter doesn't care.

The cost of moving from one place to another to write test is getting too much. Unemployed graduates are complaining of not having sufficient funds and recruiting agent are busy making them spend so much for serial of test in different location. That is unethical.

Check how recruitment is done in foreign counties, you will appreciate the system. Nigeria always take things to the extreme...
It is not for a contract position. Anyways,it is well bro.
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by butanep(m): 9:21pm On Nov 23, 2015
damzy88:
It is not for a contract position. Anyways,it is well bro.

Sterling bank always employ contract staff...
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by damzy88: 9:26pm On Nov 23, 2015
butanep:

Sterling bank always employ contract staff...
I believe it is for a full time position. Cheers
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by butanep(m): 9:30pm On Nov 23, 2015
damzy88:
I believe it is for a full time position. Cheers

Let's hope so...
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 23, 2015
Someone should help with a genuine info.... What is happening to lasgidi candidates Abi nah oyo we dey ni............no invite for the PBT till date.....
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 23, 2015
Una don finish

?
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by youdontknowme: 9:57pm On Nov 23, 2015
TalentSearchNg you seem to know an awful lot about this process, It seems some regions are almost completing their process while lagos lags behind, any idea how it is so?

Secondly, Any idea if the recruitment is for Contract staffs?

Thanks for d anticipated response
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by molenubi: 10:07pm On Nov 23, 2015
I called one of their lines today and they said they would definitely contact we from Lagos soon.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by otimize(m): 10:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
Are people still getting success mails? Abi dem don send am finish ni
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by LordClem(m): 10:11pm On Nov 23, 2015
Shinelle:

I'm with you .. neither yet

Where did you write yours? And have you try contacting them?
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by otimize(m): 10:12pm On Nov 23, 2015
witorwitoutyou:

Go read wetin u write again
Oya no vex, abeg pray make i receive my PBT success mail o...........
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by eph12(m): 10:29pm On Nov 23, 2015
butanep:

And do they reimburse those that don't get the job? How are you sure it's contract job? At this stage the recruitment is obviously now in the hands of the client and not workforce. Workforce has done its own part.
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by dxcode(m): 10:29pm On Nov 23, 2015
Got the success mail too after writing my PBT in PH. But the negative attitude of some people here is just deafening shocked shocked
You applied for a job and all of a sudden you want them to carry out the interview process at your own convenient? I also stay in port Harcourt and since i got the mail i have been calculating how to go about the movement and taking permission from workplace and so on, but i have not used my mind negatively about the whole issue nor given up on it because i dont wana use my hand and stop an opportunity without making concise efforts to take it. Some people kill their chances with their negative mindset and thoughts and they will eventually go and fail the next stage. Whatever happened to staying thankful for getting to this stage and being positive about everything at least, be it distance, logistics and so on. undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by ucyoma(m): 11:14pm On Nov 23, 2015
It seems everyone who did the PBT in pH on Saturday passed. Yet to see anyone who got a regret mail/test.

Wishing everyone Success in the next stage on Thursday
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by dxcode(m): 11:27pm On Nov 23, 2015
obinna2nv:

My brother I agree with you, travelling all the way from PH to Lagos to write yet another test, when you've already written 2 previous tests is disheartening. With the fuel situation, imaging the logistics involved, its not as if they will foot the bill and you can easily get a regret mail!! Travelling to Lagos will make you absent from work for at least 3 whole working days!! What excuse should I give my employers? If it was for an interview, I'd have attended but yet another test? I seriously doubt I will. * Sighs *

The plight of a Jobseeker in Nigeria.
Am just in the same shoes as yours bro right here in PH, but i will go for the test by Gods grace, and i will scale this stage. My workplace is not giving me anything to look up to except experience, i know they may not grant my request to travel for another job interview so am planning to make it look like a scholarship test and see what they will say or i may just tell them the truth and prepare for the worst.angry angry
I encourage you to make an attempt to go bro, don"t focus on the negatives, what if you are meant to become their next employee? wink wink
Would like to speak with you if you dont mind ASAP
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by kaka22(m): 11:38pm On Nov 23, 2015
Eniolafasasi:
the test was for 2 hrs. and it was divided into sessions . I section ABCD. section was synonyms nd antonyms. section B different was of spelling sum words I tink about 20 of them. also they will give you a passage then ask u to put punctuation marks where necessary. Section C is abt essay writing. they gave topics but I choose cashless Lagos. also essay about WHO I AM. then section D was memo on how to be a good employee. pls note for that WHO I AM please concentrate most on your interest, achievement and goals.
Is it compulsory to put on suit for the test?
Re: Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria by kolajosh(m): 11:53pm On Nov 23, 2015
Well, just feel like helping people here. I had done the effective communication and business writing skills test and was successful. if u need my help contact me.

08131890885 only

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (58) (Reply)

Kaduna State Government 2019 Recruitment Into Public Service. How To Apply / Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Application ON / United Nations Development Project. / Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.