Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Something Bigger Than Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Something Bigger Than Boko Haram (2979 Views)

"IPOB Crisis Bigger Than Boko Haram" - Kashim Shettima / Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume / Misrule Worse Than Boko Haram-PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by Ngwaukwu1(m): 2:47pm On Nov 09, 2015
I am Biafran.

I and the tens of thousands more like me in who is reawakened the spirit of liberty, climb out of the trenches where my spirit cowed in fear for the last 55 years, after my fathers and uncles were emasculated and then silenced.

I am climbing out of the trenches. And what you see happening on the streets of Asaba, Aba, Onitsha and Port Harcourt are other Biafrans climbing out, having decided they no longer wish to continue to live in humiliation and be treated with contempt in their own lands. All they are asking for is a little respect from now on.

But if the powers that be and those who see in us Biafrans nothing more than people vanquished in war, and want to test our resolve by meeting our legitimate demands for the right to decide our own destiny with talks of 'crushing' our agitation, then let them beware that they are about to unleash something bigger than Boko Haram on to the Niger area.

They are about to unleash something that will tear the very fabric of the existence of this contemptible space called 'one naijeriya', the purpose of which makes absolutely no sense. Let them beware and know that the time is upon us when all must drop their preconcieved notions of who must live as 'victor or vanquished' and come to the table to discuss how we can get along hence forth as equals - the recommendations from the Aburi accord and even those from the recent National Conference in Abuja are there, which if implemented might just calm the raging storm that is about to sweep everything in its wake.

Whatever may be the outcome of all these protests, we all know that the status quo is no longer sustainable. We also know that those who choose to continue to live in denial will definitely not fare any better once the conflagaration, which can be prevented, is unleashed upon us all.

I am Biafran. And my spirit will not be crushed.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by Alawe(m): 2:50pm On Nov 09, 2015
izalrite
Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 09, 2015
I'll support biafra only when an easterner prepares better suya than the Hausa man.

6 Likes

Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 09, 2015
Haha (wicked laugh) biafrans would not last a day on d battle field wit bh come to talk of nigerian army, can u even hold a riffle mumu
Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by PedroJP(m): 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2015
Let Igbos in diaaspora get ready to finance amunitions. Let Igbos in Yoruba and Hausa lands get ready for battle. This time around it will be a mutual destruction.

2 Likes

Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by PedroJP(m): 4:50pm On Nov 09, 2015
My child having a nation called Biafra while i'm gone is the major aim, not a union with cowards and Islams.

11 Likes

Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by Fash20: 4:54pm On Nov 09, 2015
PedroJP:
Let Igbos in diaaspora get ready to finance amunitions. Let Igbos in Yoruba and Hausa lands get ready for battle. This time around it will be a mutual destruction.
if that's the case better call the igbos in yoruba lands before you start the war or else.

1 Like

Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by Ngwaukwu1(m): 6:32pm On Nov 10, 2015
Fash20:
if that's the case better call the igbos in yoruba lands before you start the war or else.

WE will not start the war.

2 Likes

Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by raumdeuter: 6:34pm On Nov 10, 2015
Boko Haram did not flood the internet talking they started acting

Why dont you do the same start acting all these numerous warning and ultimatum na cowardice

2 Likes

Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by Ngwaukwu1(m): 7:04pm On Nov 10, 2015
raumdeuter:

Why dont you do the same start acting all these numerous warning and ultimatum na cowardice

Why on earth would the agitators for Biafra want to behave like Boko Haram?!

First of all unlike Boko Haram, which is a fundamentalist Moslem terrorist organisation that holds very primitive views about the value of life and indeed about such civilised notions as human rights and the rights of people's to personal liberties, the current agitation for Biafra is based on the rights of indigenous groups to self determination as guaranteed by internationally recognised charters, which Nigeria and civilised nations have ratified. We are not terrorists.

Secondly, we've made it very clear that what we want is peaceful separation from this forced living together that we don't believe in. We are not the ones who keep talking about war. It's people like you who keep on harping on about it.

War will only happen if peaceful separation is made impossible. Even then we will not be the aggressors . . .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by raumdeuter: 7:08pm On Nov 10, 2015
^^ Nigerian govt has stated that separation is impossible, Now move to the next step instead of the endless threats and ultimatum

Do something bigger than Boko Haram and then people would respect and take you srious
Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by Pavore9: 7:28pm On Nov 10, 2015
Suicide bombing is not in the DNA of an Igbo, The ideologies that drives a Boko Haramite is so different from an Igbo!

4 Likes

Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by mazzi: 7:36pm On Nov 10, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
I'll support biafra only when an easterner prepares better suya than the Hausa man.
glutton,continue eating suya while you mate are making history

2 Likes

Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by Ngwaukwu1(m): 7:39pm On Nov 10, 2015
raumdeuter:
^^ Nigerian govt has stated that separation is impossible, Now move to the next step instead of the endless threats and ultimatum

Do something bigger than Boko Haram and then people would respect and take you srious

You would say that, wouldn't you.

Boko Haram destroyed the North East by blowing themselves and innocent people up. But the rest of the country continued almost unaffected, except that their activities offered the Northern power brokers the opportunity to take back the reigns of power to be able to rule over the rest of the country.

When I say 'something bigger than Boko Haram' will happen, what I am saying is not that we will go about blowing ourselves up and destroying our region like savages! What I am saying is that what will unfold will bring the whole nation to its knees. It will not only affect our region.

But we are not ignorant of the fact that we have amongst us a group of alien people, who seem to have a predilection for wanting to share in the spoils of war while not being ready to fight their own wars on the battle field, currently perched in the shadows waiting like the scavengers they are for us to make a false move. We know who these people are and be rest assured we will not play into their hands and repeat the mistakes our fathers made in the past . . .

2 Likes

Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by raumdeuter: 7:45pm On Nov 10, 2015
^^ Please when are you going to start?

Can you start by tomorrow, So we would know all these mouthing are not just empty chest beating but serious people

Because all these giving ultimatum to set another ultimatum every week is tiring
Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by Ngwaukwu1(m): 8:00pm On Nov 10, 2015
raumdeuter:

Can you start by tomorrow, So we would know all these mouthing are not just empty chest beating but serious people

Because all these giving ultimatum to set another ultimatum every week is tiring

I was describing people like you in the last paragraph of my previous post.

1 Like

Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by TechRev: 8:17pm On Nov 10, 2015
Ngwaukwu1:
I am Biafran.

I and the tens of thousands more like me in who is reawakened the spirit of liberty, climb out of the trenches where my spirit cowed in fear for the last 55 years, after my fathers and uncles were emasculated and then silenced.

I am climbing out of the trenches. And what you see happening on the streets of Asaba, Aba, Onitsha and Port Harcourt are other Biafrans climbing out, having decided they no longer wish to continue to live in humiliation and be treated with contempt in their own lands. All they are asking for is a little respect from now on.

But if the powers that be and those who see in us Biafrans nothing more than people vanquished in war, and want to test our resolve by meeting our legitimate demands for the right to decide our own destiny with talks of 'crushing' our agitation, then let them beware that they are about to unleash something bigger than Boko Haram on to the Niger area.

They are about to unleash something that will tear the very fabric of the existence of this contemptible space called 'one naijeriya', the purpose of which makes absolutely no sense. Let them beware and know that the time is upon us when all must drop their preconcieved notions of who must live as 'victor or vanquished' and come to the table to discuss how we can get along hence forth as equals - the recommendations from the Aburi accord and even those from the recent National Conference in Abuja are there, which if implemented might just calm the raging storm that is about to sweep everything in its wake.

Whatever may be the outcome of all these protests, we all know that the status quo is no longer sustainable. We also know that those who choose to continue to live in denial will definitely not fare any better once the conflagaration, which can be prevented, is unleashed upon us all.

Nwa Chineke. The Child of Light. Little do they know that death means nothing to us now. If in doubt ask the police and army that were in Igweocha awka and onitsha.

3 Likes

Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by Yujin(m): 8:35pm On Nov 10, 2015
Pavore9:
Suicide bombing is not in the DNA of an Igbo, The ideologies that drives a Boko Haramite is so different from an Igbo!
You are very wrong. It has been studied and we found out that it is very effective in causing maximum damage. I won't elaborate on that. It definitely will be used this time so that everyone will live apprehensively.
Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by Yujin(m): 8:38pm On Nov 10, 2015
raumdeuter:

When it starts don't beg because it will cause more infuriation on our part.
Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by Yujin(m): 8:46pm On Nov 10, 2015
Ngwaukwu1:

You would say that, wouldn't you.

Boko Haram destroyed the North East by blowing themselves and innocent people up. But the rest of the country continued almost unaffected, except that their activities offered the Northern power brokers the opportunity to take back the reigns of power to be able to rule over the rest of the country.

When I say 'something bigger than Boko Haram' will happen, what I am saying is not that we will go about blowing ourselves up and destroying our region like savages! What I am saying is that what will unfold will bring the whole nation to its knees. It will not only affect our region.

But we are not ignorant of the fact that we have amongst us a group of alien people, who seem to have a predilection for wanting to share in the spoils of war while not being ready to fight their own wars on the battle field, currently perched in the shadows waiting like the scavengers they are for us to make a false move. We know who these people are and be rest assured we will not play into their hands and repeat the mistakes our fathers made in the past . . .

You know them so well. We will not make that mistake. A contigency plan has been Marshalled already. Everyone will feel the heat. Nigeria's economy will collapse and we will slowly wear her out.

2 Likes

Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by Pavore9: 8:50pm On Nov 10, 2015
Yujin:

You are very wrong. It has been studied and we found out that it is very effective in causing maximum damage. I won't elaborate on that. It definitely will be used this time so that everyone will live apprehensively.

I guess you will be first igbo suicide bomber, l wish you 'well' in your chosen path.
Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by Warlord3000(m): 8:52pm On Nov 10, 2015
Don't we all love nairaland and all its comic reliefs cheesy
Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by truthonmission: 9:27pm On Nov 10, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
. Your fathers dsired to say back in Egypt because of onions and galic, and you long nigeria because of suya. Wooh betide you.

3 Likes

Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by truthonmission: 9:28pm On Nov 10, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
. Your fathers dsired to say back in Egypt because of onions and galic, and you long nigeria because of suya. Wooh betide thee.
Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by toyinolaigbe: 9:31pm On Nov 10, 2015
Kids everywhere talking about war as if they've fought one before. It reminds me of a Latin adage. "Dulce bellum inexpertis" War is sweet to those who have never fought.
Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by theDEVILisHERE: 9:37pm On Nov 10, 2015
Ngwaukwu1:
I am Biafran.

A Biafran should be looking for how to get Biafra
Not negotiating with the terrorist Nigerian government
Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by Rotimi47: 9:37pm On Nov 10, 2015
PedroJP:
You will be inihillated if you start a fight with the Yorubas but a try will surely convince you.
Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by Rotimi47: 9:44pm On Nov 10, 2015
Ngwaukwu1:

WE will not start the war.
please start it I beg of you; since many Igbos have been spoiling for an armed confrontation with we the Yorubas including the one in detention, we will definitely reciprocate immediately it starts. An eye for two or more eyes.
Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by Ngwaukwu1(m): 9:45pm On Nov 10, 2015
toyinolaigbe:
Kids everywhere talking about war as if they've fought one before. It reminds me of a Latin adage. "Dulce bellum inexpertis" War is sweet to those who have never fought.

YOU are the one talking about war. All that the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra want is for a peaceful separation from the contraption, which YOUR elders have insightfully described as Lugard's cage. We will be happy to continue to relate with what is left of the Niger area as good neighbours. It is in all of our interest for the separation to be peaceful. That way all of us will prosper. We know that.

If war is brought to us, we will not cow in fear but will stand and fight. That's all we are saying.
Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by Ngwaukwu1(m): 10:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
Rotimi47:
please start it I beg of you; since many Igbos have been spoiling for an armed confrontation with we the Yorubas including the one in detention, we will definitely reciprocate immediately it starts. An eye for two or more eyes.

The agitation for Biafra is not about the Yorubas. Why do YOU feel threatened?
Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by BobNeli(m): 11:19pm On Nov 10, 2015
Fash20:
Or else......? Coward. The Fulanis are there abducting ur prominent men. Raping and maiming ur human and material resources. But all u could do was talk like u've been talking without requisite action to end it. The yoruba is but a symbol of cowardice
Re: Something Bigger Than Boko Haram by BobNeli(m): 11:24pm On Nov 10, 2015
raumdeuter:

we are a civilized people. We've not carried guns yet and the internet is raging like never b4. Just one week of action and the world is comming to standstil. A fit even ur so called masked cowards, bokoharam has not achieved in the tens of years of existence

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document / Militants Are Attacking Our Economic Life - Gbaramatu Chief / Video: Nnamdi Breaks Bail Condition, Addresses Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.