Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 (40073 Views)

The Last Statement Of Ken Saro Wiwa At The Military Tribunal On May 21 1995. / Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! / Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by Mosh1: 2:01pm On Nov 10, 2015
IAMTHEHERO:

Abeg, park well. When they arrested Abiola, Ken Saro Wiwa even when Odi was totally destroyed, was there any "fii" from you and your brothers. Bunch of cowards, you people cannot even face the northerners.
Funny,they always called us Cowards but we are the only tribe/region that can dealt with the North our own way.Concerning Abiola,when the pressure was too much for them,they install Shonekan on the throne and when he was later dethroned the pressure from us let them begged for mercy for the second time by fielding only Yoruba/Yoruba candidates (Obj/Olu falae).The only thing you guys are good at is chest beating on Nairaland,how many IPOB have been killed since when you started your protest and nothing happen.We know how we fight our own fight,not by Chest beating.

2 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by Truckpusher(m): 2:02pm On Nov 10, 2015
Promhize:

You can't stand me in a logical and objective argument.

Keep calling people names, and showing how emotionally unstable you are.
You quoted me first and talked about how stupid I am ,yet in one breath you're playing the victim card.

Who engages a man that started of with name calling in a logical argument.

Swerve , you've got nothing to offer.
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by OBAGADAFFI: 2:05pm On Nov 10, 2015
janellemonae:

Are u okay? U are clearly not okay. The arrest of Abiola was d beginning of d end of military rule in Nigeria. Where u not in this NIGERIA when riots occured all over the SW? I was in primary school and i remember d military trucks & teargas on d streets from school. Still we did NOT STOP protesting. There were coffins of babangida all over d streets of lagos. Do u know how many times nadeco chieftains were arrested an released, and still kept on dissing babangida. IN PUBLIC. ON THE MEDIA. ON NTA. ON CNN, BBC. Not this incognito u pple are doing wt manipulation.

U think it was a small thing dt a whole BABANGIDA RESIGNED and shonekan became president? After abacha did his coup, nadeco restarted their agitation, what do u think kudirat abiola was doing when abacha killed her? She was sleeping and accepting it all abi. olodo! Yorubas didnt pick up a gun but we ended up wt d presidency in 1999. Seccession never even crossed our minds. because any right thinking person knows our power is our populace. We never made d military issue a tribal issue. And we continued living in Nigeria in good faith because our struggle was abt democracy and fairness, not about greed.

Leave the chest-beaters alone.

When the SW was boiling they were jumping on YOUNG SHALL GROW to their villages.

They think its a small thing to for IBB to hurriedly relocate the capital from Lagos to Abuja.

4 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by Kirigidi(m): 2:21pm On Nov 10, 2015
IAMTHEHERO:
They are waiting for the lgbos to liberate them. Yes, quote me any time, any day.
Why all these senseless braggin nd boastin? Hav u Igbos liberated urselvs already dat u now want to rescue others? Wat an open display of stupidity! U Igbos ar yet to liberate urselvs frm ur problems nd u ar here foolishly talkin of how u pipo can liberate Niger-Deltans. Hav we Niger-Deltans eva cried to u for help? Or is it wit all these cowardice protests dat u wil achieve ur so-calld Biafra? No wonda d Yorubas do call u pipo "chest beaters" nd "empty barrels." If at all anybody needs help right now, then it is u d Igbos. Don't b ashamed guys, just humbly apply to us Niger-Deltans to help u out, especialy in ur calls for Biafra.

4 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by UncleJudax(m): 2:23pm On Nov 10, 2015
Lordave:
Who doesn't play ethnic politics in Nigeria? Is it Tinubu, Buhari, or even GEJ? Which group of people in Niger plays holistic politics?

Man, calling Biafra agitators names is different thing, but claiming to be more civilised and sensible than them is a case of over bloated ego. Your resource control rants end here on Nairaland yet you have the guts to berate and deride those courageously making their voice heard as relating to their wants. Where have we ever seen a Picture of Truckpusher discussing the importance of resource control with a senator or even a house member? You, my friend, are delusional for thinking that your sophistication stretches to heaven.

You didn't tell anybody any truth! I don't know why people like you are easily carried away with the number of likes you get on Nairaland thinking you've made more sense than King Solomon ever did.
Those chasing you around Nairaland have the same problem with you, gigantic delusion.

This is murder. You killed him two times. Damn! cry

7 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by scantee(m): 2:35pm On Nov 10, 2015
Truckpusher:
Your people started with curses and half truth and I had no choice than to roll in the mud with them.
Maybe you might want to read through my mentions and see how they've been taunting us and cursing us for having a different opinion.
This is the hate that hate produces.
the only problem i have with your comments is calling a whole tribe name instead of the person/persons ur having issues with me, i once had a close sit talk with King Banigo of Brass Island and King Perekule of Bonny Island, believe me their view on Igbos is far different from urs...i believe one day you guys will come to terms with truth and understand the state of things in this country. Peace!

4 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by IAMTHEHERO: 2:37pm On Nov 10, 2015
Kirigidi:
Why all these senseless braggin nd boastin? Hav u Igbos liberated urselvs already dat u now want to rescue others? Wat an open display of stupidity! U Igbos ar yet to liberate urselvs frm ur problems nd u ar here foolishly talkin of how u pipo can liberate Niger-Deltans. Hav we Niger-Deltans eva cried to u for help? Or is it wit all these cowardice protests dat u wil achieve ur so-calld Biafra? No wonda d Yorubas do call u pipo "chest beaters" nd "empty barrels." If at all anybody needs help right now, then it is u d Igbos. Don't b ashamed guys, just humbly apply to us Niger-Deltans to help u out, especialy in ur calls for Biafra.

When they killed every living thing in Odi, killed Ogoni 9, what did you do ? You people swallowed it with thank you.
IPOB started protest, they never invite you nor seek your advice, you came here to remind them of the war. And so, so because they fought and lost a war, therefore they should tolerate nonsense from the so called north. Let me tell you the truth if the IGBOS goes, SS will surely go. True or False. True, thus you are waiting for them to liberate your people.

6 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 10, 2015
killed by abacha the heartless dictator.
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by IAMTHEHERO: 2:41pm On Nov 10, 2015
OBAGADAFFI:

Leave the chest-beaters alone.

When the SW was boiling they were jumping on YOUNG SHALL GROW to their villages.

They think its a small thing to for IBB to hurriedly relocate the capital from Lagos to Abuja.

....and the YORUBAS were crying and begging them to stay.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by PencilBox: 2:53pm On Nov 10, 2015
Extra sheet plz :-/
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by UncleJudax(m): 2:57pm On Nov 10, 2015
ckmayoca:

He is right, everyone plays ethnic politics and it will always be thaat way.
Calling it as it is. Na your papa born you jare. You shall live long.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by jstbeinhonest(m): 3:02pm On Nov 10, 2015
IAMTHEHERO:

Abeg, park well. When they arrested Abiola, Ken Saro Wiwa even when Odi was totally destroyed, was there any "fii" from you and your brothers. Bunch of cowards, you people cannot even face the northerners.

how old are you?

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by UncleJudax(m): 3:05pm On Nov 10, 2015
scantee:
i never know you to be an ethnic bigot like this, never knew u were anti Igbo, but it suprises me seeing you and Tonyebarcanista became unpredictable lately...hmm smh
Right after GEJ lost the election, I told Barcanista, now Tonyebarcanista that our brotherly solidiary at the polls was all that it was. Nothing more, nothing less.

An average Igbo man will never trust them, SSoutherners, to support Igbo course and will probably never need them.

Just a couple of months after the election, they have validated my hypothesis.

Once a saboteur, always a saboteur.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by larryUG(m): 3:08pm On Nov 10, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

God Bless you richly! We are NOT against the Northerners. They aren't our problem. Our issue is solely with the system that we want restructured.
Barca u can only eat ur cake once. My happiness is that after fighting the igbos to make sure they didn't become autonomous from Nigeria, not only did he not achieve autonomy from Rivers state for his people, he was killed by the same people he sided with.

6 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by IAMTHEHERO: 3:19pm On Nov 10, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

how old are you?

You first of all tell us your age!!!
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by scantee(m): 3:25pm On Nov 10, 2015
UncleJudax:

Right after GEJ lost the election, I told Barcanista, now Tonyebarcanista that our brotherly solidiary at the polls was all that it was. Nothing more, nothing less.

An average Igbo man will never trust them, SSoutherners, to support Igbo course and will probably never need them.

Just a couple of months after the election, they have validated my hypothesis.

Once a saboteur, always saboteur.
still suprise though
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by jstbeinhonest(m): 3:32pm On Nov 10, 2015
IAMTHEHERO:

You first of all tell us your age!!!

Its not me who is talking trash,i just wanted to confirm weda it was a case of you stil being a toddler or it was that you are just plain dumb.Your comment i quoted earlier if filled with ignorance,and i wonder,if tribalism actually makes one so daft.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by jstbeinhonest(m): 3:35pm On Nov 10, 2015
larryUG:

Barca u can only eat ur cake once. My happiness is that after fighting the igbos to make sure they didn't become autonomous from Nigeria, not only did he not achieve autonomy from Rivers state for his people, he was killed by the same people he sided with.

Ofcourse you would be happy,was it not an igbo man that crushed niger delta republic?,yet you wanted ken to support biafra by force....Hypocrites.
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by Kirigidi(m): 3:45pm On Nov 10, 2015
IAMTHEHERO:

When they killed every living thing in Odi, killed Ogoni 9, what did you do ? You people swallowed it with thank you.
IPOB started protest, they never invite you nor seek your advice, you came here to remind them of the war. And so, so because they fought and lost a war, therefore they should tolerate nonsense from the so called north. Let me tell you the truth if the IGBOS goes, SS will surely go. True or False. True, thus you are waiting them to liberate your people.
Truth b told, d closest majority ethnic group to us Niger-Deltans is Igbo. Ordinarily nd naturaly, Igbos suppose to b our closest nd trustd allies. But as it is now, we don't trust them. Why? because they ar too boastful, sentimental, ego-centric, hypocritic, nd insultive. In additn, they delight so much in peddlin false informatn nd twistin lies into facts. Of course, we Niger-Deltans ar tired of d presnt political set-up in Nigeria, nd we demand reformation or give us Niger-Delta Republic.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 10, 2015
Sasuwa:
Its a hypocrisy when someone support ken sarowiwa but detest shekau
Abok.i how far? Get sense o.... I nor wan start with you this afternoon o.
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by IAMTHEHERO: 3:54pm On Nov 10, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Its not me who is talking trash,i just wanted to confirm weda it was a case of you stil being a toddler or it was that you are just plain dumb.Your comment i quoted earlier if filled with ignorance,and i wonder,if tribalism actually makes one so daft.
You are a kid that is why you cannot tell us your age even before this faceless forum. You are the dumbest person on the surface of earth, that is why you can't comprehend my comment. Instead of you to present your facts, you asked for your age. Why can't you asked that from whoever that you perceived that gave birth to you.I don't know you.

2 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by IAMTHEHERO: 4:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
Kirigidi:
Truth b told, d closest majority ethnic group to us Niger-Deltans is Igbo. Ordinarily nd naturaly, Igbos suppose to b our closest nd trustd allies. But as it is now, we don't trust them. Why? because they ar too boastful, sentimental, ego-centric, hypocritic, nd insultive. In additn, they delight so much in peddlin false informatn nd twistin lies into facts. Of course, we Niger-Deltans ar tired of d presnt political set-up in Nigeria, nd we demand reformation or give us Niger-Delta Republic.

You hate the IGBOS because they are more successful than you , and GOD has blessed them more than you. Despite stealing all their monies they deposited in the banks during the war and gave them 20 pounds, they still chased you and overtook your people.Why can't you do the needful? - jump into the closest river to you and die.

3 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by EasternLion: 4:18pm On Nov 10, 2015
Truckpusher

Alobam, bia here now, bia ebe a ugbua.. angry angry angry

You know Biafra is going to be achieved, we will continue to get on each other's neck while we are riding on that speed train from Igweocha to Calabar for those parties bruh.

You know we are one though, so if u shout and say those things, I relax and say, Truckpusher nwanna, chill.

after now, we will still attack one mgbati idiot together, it's normal thing between brothers to have disagreement esp when things are tough.

But all that will be gone in Biafraland, when we will be chilling at that "Biafra-gushi" beach in Bonny Island" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by pitfol(m): 4:31pm On Nov 10, 2015
EasternLion:
Truckpusher

Alobam, bia here now, bia ebe a ugbua.. angry angry angry

You know Biafra is going to be achieved, we will continue to get on each other's neck while we are riding on that speed train from Igweocha to Calabar for those parties bruh.

You know we are one though, so if u shout and say those things, I relax and say, Truckpusher nwanna, chill.

after now, we will still attack one mgbati idiot together, it's normal thing between brothers to have disagreement esp when things are tough.

But all that will be gone in Biafraland, when we will be chilling at that "Biafra-gushi" beach in Bonny Island" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I smh for you, you've got nothing on the yoruba tribe.. the problem wit most south-easterners is that they let use their hearts more than they use their brains... yorubas are too intellectual to use guns when just a pen is available...

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by EasternLion: 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2015
pitfol:

I smh for you, you've got nothing on the yoruba tribe.. the problem wit most south-easterners is that they let use their hearts more than they use their brains... yorubas are too intellectual to use guns when just a pen is available...

Gosh, who is talking about guns and wars here, mumu

Don't carry ur cowardice to spoil my fun.

There is something called referendum, if u put it up today, u will overwhelming for votes from South South too.

South East is sure to go already.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by jstbeinhonest(m): 4:38pm On Nov 10, 2015
IAMTHEHERO:

You are a kid that is why you cannot tell us your age even before this faceless forum. You are the dumbest person on the surface of earth, that is why you can't comprehend my comment. Instead of you to present your facts, you asked for your age. Why can't you asked that from whoever that you perceived that gave birth to you.I don't know you.

k
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by CzarChris(m): 5:02pm On Nov 10, 2015
On dz day 10years ago, the SS finally woke up after years of slumber.
It was Ken Good morning,
Now its SS Good morning,
Soon it will be, SW Good morning.

May a combined team of all the Southern deities, strike dead whoever quotes me.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by tsmat(m): 5:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
EternalTruths:

Yes but Nigerdelta republic was crushed in 12 days by mere military police action.

With little weapons, Biafra fought a Nigeria heavily armed by Soviet and Britain for almost 1000days

Which tribe can do that.? cool
Trust me bro no tribe will be foolish enough to sacrifice over a million lives to pursue a dream that can never come pass.....
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by Sasuwa(f): 5:30pm On Nov 10, 2015
Datazone:

Abok.i how far? Get sense o.... I nor wan start with you this afternoon o.
arne nyamiri , how u na dey, u want start l(r)anting
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by adekeyetae: 6:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
going through the various comments and tribal chants from this post i couldn't fight back tears...when will we stop this various unnecessary hate against each oda. The colonial masters has freed us why do we still put our self in virtual bondage. I am NIGERIA, not because am Yoruba, Ibo or Hausa, I am NIGERIA because God placed my feet in this land and everyone in this land is my brother.
Please lets stop this hate against each other cos no ONE will make us love each other except us.
This tread is about KEN SARO WIWA Murdered by shell, before you make any conclusion go online and read the story of this great man...I just did though.
This was an activist that spoke out during the then military regime against the powerful dictator, Gen. Sanni Abacha.
The scenes of the various youtube videos on KEN SARO WIWA still plays in my mind as i type this...

"O Lord take my soul, but the struggles continues" cry those were the last words of Kenule "Ken" Beeson Saro Wiwa (10 October 1941 – 10 November 1995

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 10, 2015
Sasuwa:

arne nyamiri , how u na dey, u want start l(r)anting
Lol...I am not an Igbo and I don't understand what you are typing or what is arne nyami? LOL... Abok.i use your head o...
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by yahrant140(m): 6:35pm On Nov 10, 2015
EternalTruths:

Wrong

Even under a military government, they won't execute him because they know that Igbos have the capacity to bring down Nigeria if they put their mind into it

Even your Jonathan has not being probed because of the Igbo man.

Left in the hands of you minorities, Buhari would have jailed Jonathan.

Remember MKO

He sealed his fate when he said he can do without Igbos.

As you grow older and join national politics , you will understand better how the Igbos have being a shield to you guys since militants identified with the Igbos.

Remember what OBJ said about Ijaw presidency when Jonathan lost

" No Ijaw man will ever rule Nigeria again." Obasanjo cool

" A single ant is vulnerable but a colony of ants will drive away ant eaters." Biafra

IF KEN SARO WIWA HAD NOT BEING AN ANTI IGBO, ABACHA WOULD BE SCARED TO KILL HIM. cool

Take it or leave it kiss
ahahahahha.. Joke of the week! In your dream abi? Wake up from your slumber!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Flaunts His Car In Russia, Says My Passion Is My Personal Property / Atiku Floors Buhari In Buhari Supporter’s Poll’ / Voter Cards Of GEJ, GMB And Those Of PEJ And Aisha Buhari (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.