Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,276 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud (19712 Views)

Jonathan, Diezani, Others Shared $1.3b In Malabu Oil Fraud—italian Prosecutors / $15bn Arms Deals: Panel Traces N2bn To Five Children Of Ex-army Chief / $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by sammhi(m): 11:47am On Nov 10, 2015
Saturn213:
I wonder what the PDP minions will say this time around?

Is this witch hunt from Buhari or Tinubu?

That GEJ was the most corrupt president to ever rule this country is not in doubt. But it is the magnitude of the theft that is disturbing

Buhari should take his time to bring sanity to this country.

please read the report ..it covers different periods..2002,2007,2008,2009 etc....go and read
APC and PMB always diverting attention from issues...power probe of 2007 is still a topic today ....let go forward and stop diverting attention to all these stories that wont get us anywhere.....
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by mosesdejaviano(m): 11:52am On Nov 10, 2015
It is not something new. We have been hearing a lot about probe here and there. What we need is a defined structure. Enough of this shenanigans. God help this country.
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by sammhi(m): 11:56am On Nov 10, 2015
JamesUka:
Buhari working well
stop being sycophant and a big dummy...how is he working well by publishing missing funds since 1900 ...if you examine PMB period as HOS in 1985 and as petroleum minister in 1978, you will see a lot of missing money too..money missing is not today's affair.. it started since 1960....whe we were not yet born.
instead of PMB and APC to work , they keep digging up useless missing money figures that is of no use to us...tell me what is this news going to do to your life? is it going to give you job, house , good roads , cheap food etc
this is a distraction nothing else ...if they are serious , let them be in court...
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by persius555(m): 11:57am On Nov 10, 2015
PDP did destroy this country, but god will destroy them.
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by Alwaystruth: 12:19pm On Nov 10, 2015
Most of you are blinded by bigotry,tribalism and hate!. Did you hear about the $16 billion power sector and tribalism that blinded you and
turned you to a public fool won't allow you see and know that it was the $16 billion that was traceable to OBJ?. Your moronic brainless skull won't allow you to see that out of the 16 years in review Gej was only president for 5 years !!...
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by obailala(m): 12:23pm On Nov 10, 2015
clevadani:

Damn you are good. You've really helped me understand the situation better.
But I need to ask you, do you think this govt can deliver its campaign promises as regards the 5k allowance,free food and job creation among others? Taking into cognisance the present financial situation.
Firstly, regarding the 5k allowance, I don't see that happening at all; we need to understand that politicians are politicians, politics is politics and elections are elections. A wise person should know the difference between election jingles and real promises that can be feasible. In answering questions on this promise during the campaigns, the VP made certain ambiguous statements like "paying the poorest and the unemployed," the VP also stated that the promise would be implemented in several phases. I used the word ambiguous because there was never really any definition of what they meant by 'poorest' or 'unemployed' and a timeline to fulfil this promise was never given. For all we know, such a promise could be fulfilled in the next 16 or 20 years because the VP on several occasions when grilled tactfully avoided mentioning timelines but rather stated that the feasibility would be studied when they get into government. Like I said before, a wise man should be able to differentiate between election campaign jingles and real promises. I personally don't even support the idea of paying that allowances; teach me to fish and stop squandering money by giving me fish.

As for the free food promise, that is very feasible at least at the primary level, it was done in Osun state successfully and it's benefits were very overwhelming. Osun state is a very poor state but it could afford to do this when the going was good. I say when the going was good because since the price of oil dropped and the allocation to the state dropped by over 50%, the governor of the state now looks like a devil to those who never knew how 'wonderful' he was when the going was good. Again, the implementation of this is only going to be on a state-by-state basis. More than half of the Nigerian states can actually afford to do this, oil price drop isn't helping matters though.

As for all other promises, Nigeria is a very complex environment and I wouldn't vouch for anyone, most especially a politician or politicians. The only thing I am optimistic about is the massive savings Nigeria can have from the blocking of leaking holes. I'm not optimistic about this government being able to jail any past leader for corruption, but I am quite confident that henceforth, it would be difficult to steal money indiscriminately. The TSA implementation alone has already dealt a deadly blow to looters, the restructuring presently going on in the NNPC which includes cancelling of contracts for middlemen in the importation of fuel, tha will definitely save and make the nation billions of dollars. The current restructuring championed by the current monster we have as the customs boss, if only you have an idea of how much Nigeria can generate from Customs, but all these monies were embezzled in the past; not to talk of the billions of dollars the nation loses through dubious import duty waivers to friends of government. If a contract to fix a road is awarded today, I am very much more optimistic that the project would be executed and not abandoned (cos of money looted), these are the only things I am confident about.

As for job creation and the rest of the promises, when you block the unnecessary looting loopholes as I have mentioned above, you will be shocked at how things would start working. Things worked in Nigeria in the early days, the only thing which changed was that people in positions started being more interested in looting than working. Take away the opportunity to loot, these guys in positions will do the righ job.

1 Like

Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by JamesUka: 12:25pm On Nov 10, 2015
sammhi:

stop being sycophant and a big dummy...how is he working well by publishing missing funds since 1900 ...if you examine PMB period as HOS in 1985 and as petroleum minister in 1978, you will see a lot of missing money too..money missing is not today's affair.. it started since 1960....whe we were not yet born.
instead of PMB and APC to work , they keep digging up useless missing money figures that is of no use to us...tell me what is this news going to do to your life? is it going to give you job, house , good roads , cheap food etc
this is a distraction nothing else ...if they are serious , let them be in court...

Oga na so u dey vex? That small tin wey I talk for all diz? Abeg no vex bro.
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by stave9ja(m): 12:25pm On Nov 10, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

it might interest u to know that 2015 budget as u called it pessimistic cause the ratio of recurrent expenditure is much more than the capital expenditure.
Lemme enlighten u so u will be d judge, 2015 budget according to report is 4.4trillion naira and 1.3trillion is earmarked for capital expenditure. If u calculate the percentage it gulps, u will see it is 29.54percent.
Now the new administration of buhari has proposed a budget of 8trillion naira for 2016, out of that they said 2trillion is being earmark for capital expenditure, the foolish vp even stewpeedly said it represents 40percent of the budget, dont know when 2trillion naira of 8trillion represents 40percent.
I know u lots and ur likes went gaga abt the news but lemme show u that the vp was wrong.
If u divide 2trillon by 8trillion which is d total budget, u will get 0.25 and multiply it by 100 u get 25 which represent what its been budgetted for capital expenditure and not 40percent.
And now if u relate gej's capital budget of 29.54percent from 4.4trillion naira to 25percent capital budget of 8trillion naira budget, u will know who is the fraudster and a liar.
Be d judge, if u think am being biased, then meet a good naths teacher, provide him with the figures and let him do the maths for u.
Goodday!

its not a % game guy stop twisting the fact.... 2b is greater than 1.3b SIMPLE!!!
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by IbokUtoroh(m): 12:30pm On Nov 10, 2015
stave9ja:

its not a % game guy stop twisting the fact.... 2b is greater than 1.3b SIMPLE!!!
and 4.4trillion is the same as 8trillion?
Chai mumus plenty sha!
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by Codedworld1: 12:30pm On Nov 10, 2015
always probing without result..our politicians are good actors and actress.
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by Gbawe: 12:34pm On Nov 10, 2015
PassingShot:
And some dolt will tell me it's illogical to blame PDP for the rot in Nigeria.

The most annoying thing is these nincompoops are the same set of people already blaming a five month government for the failure of their own failed presidents! They want Buhari to solve problems created in sixteen years, in five months or less. What an absurdity!

Foolish people everywhere here.

Their main problem is ignorance. They never took time to understand the serious institutional and economic chaos Nigeria is facing, caused directly by Ali Baba (GEJ) and his forty thieves (Allison-Madueke et al), and this is why they expect miracles in three months. They are screaming here of arrest yet well-informed Nigerians know that Buhari must first address how Nigeria is hemorrhaging majority of the income she receives through corruption, scams and non-transparent dealings the past government put in place.

Without ensuring government income inflow becomes efficient and sufficient, in a period where we now earn around 50-60% less from oil than we used to, what is the point of prosecuting expensive trials against corrupt politicians when this can be done later and as soon as we 'steady the ship'? Honestly, If there is anything I would wish from a Genie in a lamp it would be that majority of Nigerians, say 80%, develop the analytical capability and political sophistication to see what they need to see. If this is the case then we would appreciate when a good government is in place and appreciate what we must do to support it instead of acting like self-destructive saboteurs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by IbokUtoroh(m): 12:40pm On Nov 10, 2015
Gbawe:

Their main problem is ignorance. They never took time to understand the serious institutional and economic chaos Nigeria is facing, caused directly by Ali Baba (GEJ) and his forty thieves (Allison-Madueke et al), and this is why they expect miracles in three months. They are screaming here of arrest yet well-informed Nigerians know that Buhari must first address how Nigeria is hemorrhaging majority of the income she receives through corruption, scams and non-transparent dealings the past government put in place.

Without ensuring government income inflow becomes efficient and sufficient, in a period where we now earn around 50-60% less from oil than we used to, what is the point of prosecuting expensive trials against corrupt politicians when this can be done later and as soon as we 'steady the ship'? Honestly, If there is anything I would wish from a Genie in a lamp it would be that majority of Nigerians, say 80%, develop the analytical capability and political sophistication to see what they need to see. If this is the case then we would appreciate when a good government is in place and appreciate what we must do to support it instead of acting like self-destructive saboteurs.
the epistle man with empty jargons.
Howfar?
Can u now see obj and atiku are crooks?
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by tope777(m): 12:44pm On Nov 10, 2015
PassingShot:
And some dolt will tell me it's illogical to blame PDP for the rot in Nigeria.

The most annoying thing is these nincompoops are the same set of people already blaming a five month government for the failure of their own failed presidents! They want Buhari to solve problems created in sixteen years, in five months or less. What an absurdity!

Foolish people everywhere here.

At bolded, And you want Jonathan to solve Nigeria problem of 40yrs in 5 yrs grin grin ... or are we living in paradise before Jonathan regime
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by Forwetinnah: 12:52pm On Nov 10, 2015
..and what happened in this case? In less than 6months Booooohari is seriously trying to beat this record

http://www.thetrentonline.com/soundoff-why-so-silent-on-3-09-billion-missing-nnpc-money-under-buhari/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by banio: 12:55pm On Nov 10, 2015
NASS please investigate those that use people as pseudo-slaves in oil and gas industries. They supply work force to oil companies, make billions over night, and pay people peanuts. Some Nigerians even die working 4 these slave masters.
NASS oh
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by baralatie(m): 1:13pm On Nov 10, 2015
banio:
NASS please investigate those that use people as pseudo-slaves in oil and gas industries. They supply work force to oil companies, make billions over night, and pay people peanuts. Some Nigerians even die working 4 these slave masters.
NASS oh
it is actually the NLC,CCB and NGO that should be fighting against this practice but .........................
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by zingywingy: 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2015
Ogaaaa

This is too much of our moneyyyyyy angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by TimeManager(m): 1:53pm On Nov 10, 2015
PDP DEY SMELL! Party of economic vampires.there is so much blood on their hands and their mouth stinks of flesh.the bloods of the innocent nigerians that they have sent to the graves through their parasitic misrule and financial recklessness cry out to the lady of justice.Now venegance has caught up with them,justice that they buried is now back to life.they boast of themself as the biggest party in Africa but now has been reduced to being the biggest party in Wadata.PDP and their co-wailers would only keep wailing,sadly we cannot help them bcause THEIR WAILING IS OUR SATISFACTION! THEIR CRY IS OUR EXCITEMENT! Deal With It Or Die With It!
The Truth Has Spoken! No Lie Only Truth!
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by sammhi(m): 2:00pm On Nov 10, 2015
[quote author=JamesUka post=39871360]

Oga na so u dey vex? That small tin wey I talk for all diz? Abeg no vex bro.[/quote
i suppose vex ..your comment makes d politicians take us for a ride....
instead to tell us what they are doing to create jobs and improve economy, they keep throwing useless figures at us to be debating and insulting each oda while they waste time on irrelevant how things.
only fools wi be happy to be reading this and commenting that PMB is doing well. all the money recovered from Abacha where is it?
it just shows PMB was not prepared for governance afta 12 years of seeking for the office
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 10, 2015
hmmm... diezani, come and answer query.
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by onelife97: 4:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
US $15b should be able to give us upto 10,000 Mw of electricity.

O God where art thy face and mercy on Nigerians.

sobbing........
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 10, 2015
Na Today
When dem uncover finish, person go pay them to cover the juicy dish for another Senate to uncover....
Next news please.
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by precious1967(m): 9:26pm On Nov 10, 2015
pls can someone tell me what happened 2 otedola/farouk n others case on fuel subsidy?
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by Basukala(m): 10:10am On Nov 11, 2015
2 billion nairaland for hotel accommodation, him no get haus?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Is The Lagos Cable Car, 6 Years After? / Fact Check: Did Hollywood Celebrities Endorse Peter Obi As Charly Boy Claimed? / Senator Yele Omogunwa Defects To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.