Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,064 members, 7,814,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Excuse Me From Your Conference, IBB Tells PDP. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Excuse Me From Your Conference, IBB Tells PDP. (519 Views)

I Can’t Chair Your Conference, IBB Tells PDP / Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP / Stop Whining, Rebrand Or Go Down - Apc Tells Pdp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excuse Me From Your Conference, IBB Tells PDP. by higherpower: 7:52am On Nov 11, 2015
FORMER military president, General Ibrahim Babangida, yesterday dismissed insinuations that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, was wooing him for 2019 presidential election as its candidate, saying that he has no such intention as he would clock 78 by 2019.
Reacting to his appointment as Chairman of  the proposed PDP National Conference slated for tomorrow, Babangida urged the PDP to count him out of the conference saying that he had quit partisan politics four years ago when he marked 70 years. He said he had friends in the PDP and the All Progressives Congress, APC and playing the expected role would amount to partisanship.
General Babangida, in a statement he personally signed and tagged PDP Rebranding Conference: Count me out, said: “I wish to make some clarifications concerning the invitation extended to me on the scheduled PDP rebranding conference slated for November 12, 2015, aimed at repositioning the party after its poor outing at the last elections.
“While I welcome the invitation to the event as a mark of respect as one of the founding fathers, I want to be excused on the grounds that I have long bid bye to partisan politics.
Four years ago, at an elaborate event at the Transcorp Hilton Hotels Abuja, I announced my retirement from partisan politics after my failed attempt to contest for president and having attained the gracious age of 70, in a society where life expectancy stands at a ridiculous 47 years.
“In appreciating what Allah has  done for me in life, seeing me through many challenges, stabilizing me during periods of tribulations, and safeguarding me through the thick and thin of political risks, I did  state at that event that journalists  would not push me around again.
“Attaining the age of 70 in 2011 was to me a great accomplishment for which I remain eternally grateful to Almighty Allah and my family who have shown tremendous support and encouragement throughout my political trajectory. Since 2011 till date, I have been playing my role as an elder statesman and “consultant-in-chief” to political office seekers and other like-minds who want my input in their aspirations.”
Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference, IBB Tells PDP. by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 11, 2015
78? And they still want to woo him? Are the sick?
Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference, IBB Tells PDP. by cegi(m): 8:25am On Nov 11, 2015
veterian politcs.......una 4 come carry my great grand father, he is just 102yrs

1 Like

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference, IBB Tells PDP. by cegi(m): 8:31am On Nov 11, 2015
......u 4 gree nah,atleast make u 4 see ur autobiography 4 CNN and ALJEEZRA no b only AIT @ibb

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Again, Court Orders DSS To Allow Dasuki Travel Abroad For Treatment / Biafra Or Nothing Else / Osun Commences Fresh Distribution Of Tablets Of Knowledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.