Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

U.s.a Visa Renewal Issues - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.s.a Visa Renewal Issues (4207 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

U.s.a Visa Renewal Issues by duch3ss: 9:37am On Nov 11, 2015
OKAY I WILL BE VERY SINCERE HERE AND I NEED SERIOUS AND GENUINE ADVISE:

I HAD MY 2 YEARS VISA TO THE U.S AND AS A WORKER I COULD NOT MAKE USE OF IT ON TIME.. BY THE TIME I HAD MY LEAVE AT WORK, I WAS 7 MONTHS PREGNANT AND THE VISA WAS ALMOST A YEAR GONE ALREADY.. SO I DECIDED TO USE THE VISA AND GO FOR SHOPPING FOR BABY THINGS SO I WILL BE ABLE TO RENEW AS I DO NOT KNOW WHEN NEXT I WILL HAVE OPPORTUNITY TO USE IT DUE TO WORK. HONESTLY I THOUGHT OF HAVING MY BABY THERE BUT THEN, THEY TOLD ME THE BILL WAS $$$20,000-25,000 WHICH OF COURSE I CANNOT AFFORD. SO WHEN I GOT THERE AFTER ABOUT 2 WEEKS, I STARTED HAVING SERIOUS PAINS, I WAS SO SCARED I TOLD MY AUNT ABOUT IT AND WE BOTH KNEW IT WAS NOT LABOR BECAUSE I WAS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO 8 MONTHS.. BUT AS THE PAIN WAS UNBEARABLE AND BEING MY FIRST PREGNANCY, I WAS SCARED AND FINALLY WE ENDED IN THE HOSPITAL. AT THE HOSPITAL I WAS TOLD I DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH FLUID AND THE BABY WAS RESTING ON MY UMBILICAL CORD. THEY HAD TO INDUCE ME IMMEDIATELY INTO LABOR FOR SURVIVAL CHANCES OF THE BABY.

SOON THE BABY CAME OUT, AND HE WAS TAKEN TO INTENSIVE CARE IMMEDIATELY WHERE HE SPENT ONE WEEK.

THE HOSPITAL BILL IS $6,500
NICU (NURSERY INTENSIVE CARE UNIT) IS $1,000 A DAY.

I HAVE BEEN PAYING EVEN WHEN I GOT BACK HOME TO NAIJA AND I HAVE PAID SO FAR TO A REMAINING BALANCE OF $4,000

THE ACCOUNT OFFICER LADY BEING SO MEAN GAVE ME A DEAD LINE THAT IF I DO NOT MEET UP TO, I WILL BE FORCED TO PAY CLOSE TO $60,000 USD BECAUSE THEY GAVE ME A DISCOUNTED PAYMENT SINCE I AM PAYING OUT OF POCKET (SELF PAY WITHOUT INSURANCE) ON THE DEAD LINE DAY I CALLED THIS WOMAN AND BEGGED HER TO GIVE ME SOME MORE TIME WHICH SHE REFUSED. HONESTLY I NOW STOPPED CALLING.

MY PROBLEM NOW IS THIS;

1) MY HUSBAND IS STILL OVER THERE, AND I WILL BE GOING TO VISIT HIM SOON. I STILL HAVE MY VISA VALID. WILL I BE DENIED ENTRY AT THE AIRPORT?

2) WHEN I GO SHOULD I JUST REMAIN THERE AND NOT COME BACK, THEN FIND A WAY TO WORK ON MY PAPERS?

3) I AM WORRIED THAT SINCE MY BILL HAS SKYROCKET AND I DID NOT PAY, WHEN I COME BACK AND TRY TO RENEW, I MAY NOT BE GIVEN VISA.

4) SHOULD I JUST RENEW AND AND NOT CLAIM THAT I HAVE A CHILD?

5) I DO NOT LIKE TO GO SIT THERE PERMANENTLY IF NOT COS MY HUSBAND WEY GO SIT DOWN THERE AND MY HUBBY TOO YOUNG TO LEAVE AM ALONE FOR THOSE YANKEE GIRLS HAND. ALSO I AM TOO YOUNG TOO TO BE DOING DISTANT MARRIAGE.

THO OPTION 2 HAS BEEN EVERYBODY'S ADVISE TO ME. PLEASE I NEED OPINIONS AND ADVISES.

PLEASE I NEED ADVISE.

THANK YOU.
Re: U.s.a Visa Renewal Issues by duch3ss: 9:44am On Nov 11, 2015
THE TOTAL BILL WAS 13,500$. EXCLUDING EPIDURAL AND BLOOD WORKS AND DOCTORS BILL. ALL I HAVE PAID SO FAR IS ALREADY CLOSE TO $15,000
Re: U.s.a Visa Renewal Issues by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 11, 2015
Whether you have a valid visa or not you wont pass the port of entry. Neither will your visa be renewed because you gave birth and did not pay your bill and you didn't declare your intent to birth when you travelled.

Your spouse and you made your situation complicated in your attempt to be together.

What's his visa status? Is he illegal too?
Re: U.s.a Visa Renewal Issues by thegreengooner(m): 11:05am On Nov 11, 2015
You better forget about travelling to America until you pay your bills...that's the best advice you can get.

OPTION TWO is a NO-NO unless your husband is a legal resident which by the tone of your post he is not...even if he is, the issue of the unpaid bills will still come up and you will have to settle it.

Your best option is to keep paying no matter how long it takes. Once you pay your bills in full, I am 100% certain you will have no issues with getting a visa...by the way, why is your husband not helping you with the bills. What is he doing in America?
Re: U.s.a Visa Renewal Issues by duch3ss: 12:08pm On Nov 11, 2015
Thank you very much for all the advise. .. Yes he is also trying with the bill... The problem came.when we were unable to meet the deadline and the bill just skyrocket... I will stick to this advise... I am.very grateful...
Re: U.s.a Visa Renewal Issues by duch3ss: 12:10pm On Nov 11, 2015
It is better to sacrifice one year than to get 10 years ban... and no my husband isn't legal yet... honestly I hate the idea of staying there to be frank. .. life is not as rosy as they display on the two TV. .. thank u all
Re: U.s.a Visa Renewal Issues by duch3ss: 12:12pm On Nov 11, 2015
One quick question please... how will they know I have unpaid medical bills ?
Re: U.s.a Visa Renewal Issues by cozybunch: 1:01pm On Nov 11, 2015
duch3ss:
OKAY I WILL BE VERY SINCERE HERE AND I NEED SERIOUS AND GENUINE ADVISE:

I HAD MY 2 YEARS VISA TO THE U.S AND AS A WORKER I COULD NOT MAKE USE OF IT ON TIME.. BY THE TIME I HAD MY LEAVE AT WORK, I WAS 7 MONTHS PREGNANT AND THE VISA WAS ALMOST A YEAR GONE ALREADY.. SO I DECIDED TO USE THE VISA AND GO FOR SHOPPING FOR BABY THINGS SO I WILL BE ABLE TO RENEW AS I DO NOT KNOW WHEN NEXT I WILL HAVE OPPORTUNITY TO USE IT DUE TO WORK. HONESTLY I THOUGHT OF HAVING MY BABY THERE BUT THEN, THEY TOLD ME THE BILL WAS $$$20,000-25,000 WHICH OF COURSE I CANNOT AFFORD. SO WHEN I GOT THERE AFTER ABOUT 2 WEEKS, I STARTED HAVING SERIOUS PAINS, I WAS SO SCARED I TOLD MY AUNT ABOUT IT AND WE BOTH KNEW IT WAS NOT LABOR BECAUSE I WAS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO 8 MONTHS.. BUT AS THE PAIN WAS UNBEARABLE AND BEING MY FIRST PREGNANCY, I WAS SCARED AND FINALLY WE ENDED IN THE HOSPITAL. AT THE HOSPITAL I WAS TOLD I DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH FLUID AND THE BABY WAS RESTING ON MY UMBILICAL CORD. THEY HAD TO INDUCE ME IMMEDIATELY INTO LABOR FOR SURVIVAL CHANCES OF THE BABY.

SOON THE BABY CAME OUT, AND HE WAS TAKEN TO INTENSIVE CARE IMMEDIATELY WHERE HE SPENT ONE WEEK.

THE HOSPITAL BILL IS $6,500
NICU (NURSERY INTENSIVE CARE UNIT) IS $1,000 A DAY.

I HAVE BEEN PAYING EVEN WHEN I GOT BACK HOME TO NAIJA AND I HAVE PAID SO FAR TO A REMAINING BALANCE OF $4,000

THE ACCOUNT OFFICER LADY BEING SO MEAN GAVE ME A DEAD LINE THAT IF I DO NOT MEET UP TO, I WILL BE FORCED TO PAY CLOSE TO $60,000 USD BECAUSE THEY GAVE ME A DISCOUNTED PAYMENT SINCE I AM PAYING OUT OF POCKET (SELF PAY WITHOUT INSURANCE) ON THE DEAD LINE DAY I CALLED THIS WOMAN AND BEGGED HER TO GIVE ME SOME MORE TIME WHICH SHE REFUSED. HONESTLY I NOW STOPPED CALLING.

MY PROBLEM NOW IS THIS;

1) MY HUSBAND IS STILL OVER THERE, AND I WILL BE GOING TO VISIT HIM SOON. I STILL HAVE MY VISA VALID. WILL I BE DENIED ENTRY AT THE AIRPORT?

2) WHEN I GO SHOULD I JUST REMAIN THERE AND NOT COME BACK, THEN FIND A WAY TO WORK ON MY PAPERS?

3) I AM WORRIED THAT SINCE MY BILL HAS SKYROCKET AND I DID NOT PAY, WHEN I COME BACK AND TRY TO RENEW, I MAY NOT BE GIVEN VISA.

4) SHOULD I JUST RENEW AND AND NOT CLAIM THAT I HAVE A CHILD?

5) I DO NOT LIKE TO GO SIT THERE PERMANENTLY IF NOT COS MY HUSBAND WEY GO SIT DOWN THERE AND MY HUBBY TOO YOUNG TO LEAVE AM ALONE FOR THOSE YANKEE GIRLS HAND. ALSO I AM TOO YOUNG TOO TO BE DOING DISTANT MARRIAGE.

THO OPTION 2 HAS BEEN EVERYBODY'S ADVISE TO ME. PLEASE I NEED OPINIONS AND ADVISES.

PLEASE I NEED ADVISE.

THANK YOU.

I will respond more directly and a little differently from most response you've got. Will start with your last posting/question;

1. How will they know you have unpaid hospital bills? Good question but very simple, your information will be given to health & human services (HHS) an arm of the government that handles health care system in the U.S. Now if you are still paying, they may not have.

2.If you will be denied entry? Well, comes down to what happened with number 1 answer. If they have, you will have problem but if not them you are good to go.

3.Will you go and remain their and never come back? I don't know why you want to do that. First, to be illegal in U.S is difficult, you can't drive, work, or operates freely. If you re in a car even when not driving, and the car is pulled over, you will be asked of your ID so also the operator of the vehicle. My sister, if you are caught ICE will deport you. No body in his or her right senses will advise you to do that.

4. Worries of not renewing your visa? Well it will be a worry if you stop paying or when it becomes an after thaught. You just need to pay up and reapply when your visa expires. Do not do, drop box because of your circumstance. Well being interviewed, give detail explanations on what happened. They are humans with listen ears and right senses.

5. Non disclosure of your child's birth? If you take that action, you have simple shoot your self on the foot because you have misrepresented. Lieing to a U.S immigration officer is considered a serious offense, if you leave in U.S, you can go to jail for that. It is a felony in U.S

6. Too young for separation from your spouse: This part is very concerning and sensitive. Very difficult to advise on this because you are right. You need your man and your family back together. As difficult as it may sound, your hubby may be the man to come back hence he is not really doing any thing.

Summary: Please as hard as your situation seems like, do not get your self in a more tight situation. You can write to the hospital administrative body with your concerns. They will override the womans decision and put you back to a sliding scale payment, up till you pay up. You can also ask if your information has gone public to HHS. Infact you seek information with the HIPAA rule, freedom of information with the health care system.

Good Luck

2 Likes

Re: U.s.a Visa Renewal Issues by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 11, 2015
duch3ss:
One quick question please... how will they know I have unpaid medical bills ?

Find how you can get that bill reduced and paid off. Maybe get a lawyer and appeal all the skyrocketing bills but do not attempt to travel without paying.

They WILL know you have unpaid bills. Trust me.
Did you not get birth certificate and passport for your child
Re: U.s.a Visa Renewal Issues by duch3ss: 2:12pm On Nov 11, 2015
I did not get a PP but I got his BC
Re: U.s.a Visa Renewal Issues by Lucasbalo(m): 2:14pm On Nov 11, 2015
cozybunch:

I will respond more directly and a little differently from most response you've got. Will start with your last posting/question;

1. How will they know you have unpaid hospital bills? Good question but very simple, your information will be given to health & human services (HHS) an arm of the government that handles health care system in the U.S. Now if you are still paying, they may not have.

2.If you will be denied entry? Well, comes down to what happened with number 1 answer. If they have, you will have problem but if not them you are good to go.

3.Will you go and remain their and never come back? I don't know why you want to do that. First, to be illegal in U.S is difficult, you can't drive, work, or operates freely. If you re in a car even when not driving, and the car is pulled over, you will be asked of your ID so also the operator of the vehicle. My sister, if you are caught ICE will deport you. No body in his or her right senses will advise you to do that.

4. Worries of not renewing your visa? Well it will be a worry if you stop paying or when it becomes an after thaught. You just need to pay up and reapply when your visa expires. Do not do, drop box because of your circumstance. Well being interviewed, give detail explanations on what happened. They are humans with listen ears and right senses.

5. Non disclosure of your child's birth? If you take that action, you have simple shoot your self on the foot because you have misrepresented. Lieing to a U.S immigration officer is considered a serious offense, if you leave in U.S, you can go to jail for that. It is a felony in U.S

6. Too young for separation from your spouse: This part is very concerning and sensitive. Very difficult to advise on this because you are right. You need your man and your family back together. As difficult as it may sound, your hubby may be the man to come back hence he is not really doing any thing.

Summary: Please as hard as your situation seems like, do not get your self in a more tight situation. You can write to the hospital administrative body with your concerns. They will override the womans decision and put you back to a sliding scale payment, up till you pay up. You can also ask if your information has gone public to HHS. Infact you seek information with the HIPAA rule, freedom of information with the health care system.

Good Luck
Good points.
Re: U.s.a Visa Renewal Issues by cozybunch: 3:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
salsera:

Find how you can get that bill reduced and paid off. Maybe get a lawyer and appeal all the skyrocketing bills but do not attempt to travel without paying.

They WILL know you have unpaid bills. Trust me.
Did you not get birth certificate and passport for your child

She can not use an attorney on hospital bills unless there is an abrasion from the hospital's side. They gave her alternate option of payment (self pay) which in every circumstance is the lowest payment with a stipulated time frame. If she where to be a u.s citizen, it will go against her credit ratings which will make a little difficult to be functional in u.s.

What the hospital did is normal, only that she can request for additional consideration in order for her to pay up. Write the hospital administration.

At the point of entry, they will not know unless her case/information is given to HHS who will release her information to other government agencies eg department of home land security which CBP, ICE, and others are menbers.

Good Luck.
Re: U.s.a Visa Renewal Issues by cozybunch: 3:08pm On Nov 11, 2015
duch3ss:
I did not get a PP but I got his BC

Birth certificate is most important. You can always apply for his passport with the u.s consulate office in nigeria
Re: U.s.a Visa Renewal Issues by duch3ss: 3:49pm On Nov 11, 2015
@ cozybunch u seem to know it more. . I already sent the hospital am email now.. I will like to discuss more with you in private... I am trying to send u a DM but I don't think I can... make u can send me a private message with ur maybe ur email, pin or number ... thank u
Re: U.s.a Visa Renewal Issues by cozybunch: 4:28pm On Nov 11, 2015
duch3ss:
@ cozybunch u seem to know it more. . I already sent the hospital am email now.. I will like to discuss more with you in private... I am trying to send u a DM but I don't think I can... make u can send me a private message with ur maybe ur email, pin or number ... thank u

I saw the mail and I replied. Check ur mail or May be send ur number. I will call u

Good Luck
Re: U.s.a Visa Renewal Issues by duch3ss: 5:58pm On Nov 11, 2015
cozybunch:

I saw the mail and I replied. Check ur mail or May be send ur number. I will call u

Good Luck

I just sent you my number
Re: U.s.a Visa Renewal Issues by Jijadon: 1:36pm On Nov 21, 2015
I have a B1/B2 visa. I travelled to the US in August and came back in September after 2 weeks. My wife also have a visa. While I was away in the US she was sick and when I got back I decided I will send her to the US to have our baby. Our visas were cancelled at the POE & we were ban for 5 years. How do I reapply.
Re: U.s.a Visa Renewal Issues by justwise(m): 2:14pm On Nov 21, 2015

(1)

Needs Ticket Fee From Lagos To London Of All Airline / Heey Guys, How Do You Live There In Nigeria?!? / Get Student Visa 2 Ireland Within 2 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.