Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Studying In The Netherlands. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In The Netherlands. (4161 Views)

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Students Coming To The Netherlands-things You Should Know / For Nigerian Illegals In The Netherlands, It Is A Tough And Risky Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Studying In The Netherlands. by newacca: 11:10am On May 25, 2011
I wish to study in the Netherlands and I have already gotten some interesting institution to study at. I also learnt some facts about the immigration procedures concerning International students. Though I already applied for Canada study visa,but I wish to study in the Netherlands for additional degree or Masters.
If you are also interested in studying in the Netherlands or you are already studying there,please reply and let us share our views,experiences and opinion.
I understand that Dutch people are nice and English is widely spoken there. There also scholarships available for International students. So,join me and let's explore the Netherlands.
Re: Studying In The Netherlands. by bird200: 1:15pm On May 25, 2011
i am interested in studying in newzealand, i also heard its a nice country, pls mail me inlove5000@yahoo.com for any useful info and d schools
Re: Studying In The Netherlands. by yemmy27: 3:15pm On May 25, 2011
for all i know,netherland is a nice place to be, they are very friendly ,nice and fair in law.have no time for anybody except u misbehave.lived there for couples of months with my friend in amsterdam, quite rough and crowdy though but its a place to be,
Re: Studying In The Netherlands. by larry123: 6:57pm On May 25, 2011
pls am interested kindly send me more info on alagbeboy@yayahoo.com
Re: Studying In The Netherlands. by newacca: 9:52pm On May 25, 2011
[b]Firstly, I want to thank everyone that has commented on this post. I pray and hope this thread will go a long way in helping people realize their dream of studying and obtaining qualification from Dutch Education system[/b]

@bird200,
I am sorry I do not know much about Studying in New Zealand. Though I heard the place is a nice place like Australia and I think sam visa enters both country. Though I am aware that the Aussie are strict with study visa and they take their time verifying documents concerning study permit. All the same,I learnt it's nice place to live and study,as long as you follow your intention of studying there.

@ Yemmy27,
Thank you so much for the vital information. Though I have never been to the Netherlands. I applied in Dec.2008 for a Tourist visa,but I was denied. I filled an appeal and abt 7mnths later I was called to produce my statement of acct for past 3 mths,but I was out of town in the previous mnths b4 dat call and no tangible transaction on the acct. So,I decided to go for the visa some other time. I think it's time for me to go there and also to study there one day. Yet,I want to get people informed and help if necessary through my experience and knowledge about Dutch education and visa procedures.

@larry123,
it will no be fair if I contact you personally rather than sharing the experience here,for the benefit of other people that may need the information. Meanwhile, let me know what you want to study and the programme you want to study. I  think we should start from here. After which I will give you list of some institutions and admission procedures. I think this will help you and myself a bit,to be able to know where we should get things started. Ciao
Re: Studying In The Netherlands. by Emmyz: 11:23am On May 26, 2011
@larry123,
it will no be fair if I contact you personally rather than sharing the experience here,for the benefit of other people that may need the information. Meanwhile, let me know what you want to study and the programme you want to study. I  think we should start from here. After which I will give you list of some institutions and admission procedures. I think this will help you and myself a bit,to be able to know where we should get things started. Ciao
[quote][/quote]

Lovely post.

Can you advise on what institution will admit HND graduate with Upper Credit and the requirements. am interested in the institutions too and procedure for admission.

Thanks
Re: Studying In The Netherlands. by larry123: 2:22pm On May 26, 2011
i want to study information technology and anyting about it cos i want to be a guru in IT.tanks i il b expectng ur reply speedily
Re: Studying In The Netherlands. by newacca: 4:24pm On May 26, 2011
@Emmyz,
Thanks for commending me of my post. I will try all my best to add more effort to satisfy my people. I think you have an edge with HND @ Upper credit. It depends on the level of study you want to pursue. I am sure you should be able to secure admission for Bachelor's degree and you may even be exempted for 1 year or 2yr. That is you may be accepted into year 2 or 3 depending on how you package your application and how you could be able to convince the institutions. Admission requirements varies depending on the institution and your prog.of study. Dutch education have centralized system of application. You will apply through a body called NUFFIC. website is : nuffic.nl while somee institution will want you to apply to them first b4 applying to NUFFIC. In most of the schools you make apply to NUFFIC through them. If you need list of institutions with programme of study and fee,you can visit this website: www.eurogates.nl
You will see varieties of schools that offer English taught progs. I think I answered some of your questions. My doors are widely open to answer more questions. Pls. do not hesitate to ask me,cos I am sure you will still need to know some other things.

@Larry123,
Great! IT is good and lovely,there are loads of inst. that offer the course in Netherlands. One of them is Avans University of Applied Sciences. Their webpage is: www.studyatavans.com
Meanwhile,you can equally search various institutions with diff. prog. at :www.eurogates.nl
I think I have answered some of your questions for now. While you make your research of the schools,if you have any other questions,pls. do not hesitate to contact me. Thanx. Ciao
Re: Studying In The Netherlands. by newacca: 10:13pm On May 27, 2011
Emmyz and larry123,
I need to hear from you guyz concerning the link I gave. did you work on it? what's up?
Re: Studying In The Netherlands. by larry123: 7:14pm On May 28, 2011
am interested bt the school fee is dam high and i dnt know if dey collect in ful or instalental.I IL B GLAD IF U CAN SHED MORE LIGHT ON DIS
Re: Studying In The Netherlands. by newacca: 7:03pm On May 30, 2011
@Larry123,
Pls. take ur time and search for more schools with the link I gave you. I am sure you will get schools that offer scholarships with up 40% of the tuition fee some even give almost half of the fee. Let me know your outcome when you do more research and keep me posted. I think I can also try some searches for u at my free time. I am optimistic that you will get affordable schools.

1 Like

Re: Studying In The Netherlands. by larry123: 7:08pm On May 30, 2011
pls i will appreciate if u do cos the site is too complicated and am confused abt it bt if u can help me search den i will realy realy appreciate.Thanks and God bless
Re: Studying In The Netherlands. by olaadesie(m): 8:48am On Feb 12, 2018
newacca:
@Larry123,
Pls. take ur time and search for more schools with the link I gave you. I am sure you will get schools that offer scholarships with up 40% of the tuition fee some even give almost half of the fee. Let me know your outcome when you do more research and keep me posted. I think I can also try some searches for u at my free time. I am optimistic that you will get affordable schools.
..... pls i need info on the admission process for Bsc or MSC in netherland u can mail me ybanks02@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport / My Horrible Experience With Cross Country Transport / Invalid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.