Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,664 members, 7,823,883 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake (65546 Views)

Mambila Power: Buhari’s Big Bang Project Set To Take Off By Garba Shehu / Another Big Ministerial Flop In Buhari's Government / 'How Cabals In The Presidency Hijacked Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment' - SDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by obailala(m): 3:48pm On Nov 11, 2015
Lordave:
With the history of poor, erratic and unsteady power supply associated with past governments, even Maitama residents would be anticipating the APC trademark 'Change' to sweep across the ministry of power and somehow or anyhow solve the problem of nonexistent power supply in most parts of the country.
Alas, Buhari, today decided to name former Lagos State governor, Mr Raji Babatunde Fashola as the minister of merged former Ministries of Power, Works and Housing.
From a progressive perspective every sensible Nigerian would agree that this is a very big mistake from our president. The ministry of Work and Housing alone is a deserving ministry for a person of Fashola's calibre and administrative prowess to pilot, likewise Power. Heading the Ministry of Works and Housing in Nigeria is very cumbersome and almost equivalent to the numerous tasks he faced as the Governor of Lagos State were he had commissioners who were accountable to him, let alone Power being added to this workload of a Portfolio.
I'm tempted to ask, did Buhari seek advice and make proper consultation before handing these merged portfolio to Mr Fashola? If he did, what were his findings? Which people supported his merging of these ministries?(they should be named so we can know those who indirectly oppose our progress)
In a nutshell, it was unexpected, unprogressive, nonsensical and most especially, unacceptable merging of this work laden ministries and handing it over to one man considering the immediate change Nigerians are expecting in the power sector. Buhari should separate this ministries and make Mr Fashola a minister to one of them.

It would be inevitable hearing APC faithfuls say, "after all it is merged ministry, and as such presents a herculean task to the government in bringing a reasonable level of change to what we had in the previous administrations who are responsible for the majority of ruins in the ministries.

WE DO NOT WANT EXCUSES!
The merged ministry for Power, Works and Housing is no doubt a herculean ministry, and as such needs a Hercules to man it; Fashola has just been made the Defacto Prime Minister of Nigeria. Something you need to understand however is that Buhari wasn't joking when he called the ministers "Noise Makers." The ministries have now been repositioned in such a way that the permanent secretaries would be very powerful and would be the ones doing most of the work, even while the ministers would only just report as noise makers to Nigerians and the presidency.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by bobchigar(m): 3:48pm On Nov 11, 2015
Honestly, sentiment apart, merging those offices is an issue
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by akbahbah(m): 3:48pm On Nov 11, 2015
Tycoflu:
in Oshes voice " go and die". What the f*** is wrong with you guys?
First "no minister after 6 months, change na scam". Portfolios are assigned now this one again. Go bring your papa for village make e come head the ministry. Frustrated id***s that sees nothing good in any action taken bsy PMB. Gerraraha men!

bro u dey vex o
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by dovetark: 3:51pm On Nov 11, 2015
Super1Star:
OP when will your wailing stop

Fash is more than capable to handle the portfolio. Therefore, stop wailing and face your gala sales biz.

He's not talking about Fashola's Capability, he's talking about how urgent the need to revamp the power sector is, it is in a total state of Comatose, hence the need for a dedicated sole administrator to handle the Ministry solely. Just like say Ministry of Petroleum, [b][/b]MINES AND STEEL (SOLID MINERALS). Don't you think it is too much for one person to handle?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by LEXYCOM: 3:51pm On Nov 11, 2015
Una no go even allow them start work first....already find fault
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by jomoh: 3:51pm On Nov 11, 2015
Lordave:
There is no big deal with clamouring for Fashola to get either of those offices, but handling both of them, surely, will have a lot of distractions which can directly slow down the change needed in those ministries.

Please, No hard feelings for Fashola.

I beg to disagree bro.

Power, works and housing may seem huge but but the fact is still that it will have permsecs, and senior member of the ministries, and heads of different departments which makes it look similar but smaller in nature to a state that has up to 20commisioners.

If fasola could handle the most complex metropolitan city in Africa and one on the most complex in the world, I think these three he can do well.

To remind you.

Lagos state had under it,

Transport(almost as complex as federal roads).

Security (more complex than any other state in Nigeria and even more than some regions).

Commerce (bigger than that of NC, NE)

Works

Housing (more complex than NE, NC)

Finance

And a host of others that are more complex than that of some regions.

Fasola handled them. I'm sure he should be able to manage them.

The only one I think PMB fumbled is the James Ocholi of a guy. Though the guy seems very passionate about PMBs success but after reading the guy's antecedents and clients, he deserves nothing close to our judiciary.

Then again, I trust PMB to boot him out if he fumbles.
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by justmenoni: 3:51pm On Nov 11, 2015
Best person for the work What research did you use in arriving at that report common stop basing ur judgements on assumptions.

dongodfrey:
I think is high time we Nigerians put sentiments apart and for once appreciates what PMB has done
Fash is the best person for the work bro even before now those are the offices most Nigerians has being clamoring he gets so what's your problem?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by amusadele: 3:51pm On Nov 11, 2015
dongodfrey:
I think is high time we Nigerians put sentiments apart and for once appreciates what PMB has done
Fash is the best person for the work bro even before now those are the offices most Nigerians has being clamoring he gets so what's your problem?
I totally agree with you on this. Buhari has taken over the petroleum sectoe and that sector belong to the 5% region. That is one of the most important sector from where you become a bellioniare as he did when he was a minsiter of petroluem and ptdf. Fashola, a yoruba man is also given another powerful money making sectors so that he will in turn give the entire budget to his two bosses, Buhari and Thieffnubu. Apc and Buhari are the biggest thieves. Buhari from this five months is the most foolish and worst dunce. How on earth can an individual who claimed to be normal give three most complex sectors to one individual if not for the purpose of stealling. Tufiakwa again to Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by ENZOSCIFO1: 3:52pm On Nov 11, 2015
Lordave:
There is no big deal with clamouring for Fashola to get either of those offices, but handling both of them, surely, will have a lot of distractions which can directly slow down the change needed in those ministries.

When people like yourself claim the Ministry is too big for one man to handle, Can I ask a simple question.

Is Nigeria too big or two small to be handled by one President?! Or is the Ministry bigger than Nigeria being overseen by one man.

Pls lets think before we begin to sound funny around here.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 11, 2015
LOADEVIL....your observations, Analysis or Opinion is completely useless to my administration! cool cool cool

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by dovetark: 3:54pm On Nov 11, 2015
Lordave:
With the history of poor, erratic and unsteady power supply associated with past governments, even Maitama residents would be anticipating the APC trademark 'Change' to sweep across the ministry of power and somehow or anyhow solve the problem of nonexistent power supply in most parts of the country.
Alas, Buhari, today decided to name former Lagos State governor, Mr Raji Babatunde Fashola as the minister of merged former Ministries of Power, Works and Housing.
From a progressive perspective every sensible Nigerian would agree that this is a very big mistake from our president. The ministry of Work and Housing alone is a deserving ministry for a person of Fashola's calibre and administrative prowess to pilot, likewise Power. Heading the Ministry of Works and Housing in Nigeria is very cumbersome and almost equivalent to the numerous tasks he faced as the Governor of Lagos State were he had commissioners who were accountable to him, let alone Power being added to this workload of a Portfolio.
I'm tempted to ask, did Buhari seek advice and make proper consultation before handing these merged portfolio to Mr Fashola? If he did, what were his findings? Which people supported his merging of these ministries?(they should be named so we can know those who indirectly oppose our progress)
In a nutshell, it was unexpected, unprogressive, nonsensical and most especially, unacceptable merging of this work laden ministries and handing it over to one man considering the immediate change Nigerians are expecting in the power sector. Buhari should separate this ministries and make Mr Fashola a minister to one of them.

It would be inevitable hearing APC faithfuls say, "after all it is merged ministry, and as such presents a herculean task to the government in bringing a reasonable level of change to what we had in the previous administrations who are responsible for the majority of ruins in the ministries.

WE DO NOT WANT EXCUSES!

Well Bro, there's not much we can do, than leave it as a subject of debate.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 11, 2015
ENZOSCIFO1:

When people like yourself claim the Ministry is too big for one man to handle, Can I ask a simple question.

Is Nigeria too big or two small to be handled by one President?!

Pls lets think before we begin to sound funny around here.
...Gbammmm! cheesy

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by spencekat(m): 3:57pm On Nov 11, 2015
@OP,I concur with you.Besides,that ministry is even technical and that calls for an experienced professional to be incharge.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by spencekat(m): 3:57pm On Nov 11, 2015
@OP,I concur with you on your points.Besides,that ministry is even technical and that calls for an experienced professional to be incharge.
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by Super1Star: 3:57pm On Nov 11, 2015
dovetark:

He's not talking about Fashola's Capability, he's talking about how urgent the need to revamp the power sector is, it is in a total state of Comatose, hence the need for a dedicated sole administrator to handle the Ministry solely. Just like say Ministry of Petroleum, [b][/b]MINES AND STEEL (SOLID MINERALS). Don't you think it is too much for one person to handle?

Let us wait and see.

He is not complaining or is he?
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by fuke(m): 3:59pm On Nov 11, 2015
Lordave:

WE DO NOT WANT EXCUSES!

Not a mistake.
He will gett capable hands to help him.
What of the president, who is the first minister of all the ministries.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by tayour917i(m): 3:59pm On Nov 11, 2015
Lordave:

WE DO NOT WANT EXCUSES!

Senseless .... lopsided analyis
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by Acidosis(m): 4:03pm On Nov 11, 2015
The way people attribute "success in the power sector" with Fashola sounds like the entire Lagos state enjoy stable electricity.

For crying out loud, anyone can import generators from India

grin
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by mk125(m): 4:03pm On Nov 11, 2015
Senseless. What in this world people will do and nobody will criticise. What do you expect him to do? To provide numerous ministerial position and at the long run can't account for any positive impact like we have seen in the past. There is no harm in trier. Less give them a chance

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by tolayemi: 4:03pm On Nov 11, 2015
Fashola is a one man batalion, if maning two key sectors is too much as u view it, then being a president supervising 24 ministry wwuold av been impossible. I believe what matter most is the ability and charismma of the person in charge. Thats why there is a state minnister to always assist and compliment him.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by mapet: 4:04pm On Nov 11, 2015
Lordave:
I wasn't expecting you to easily comprehend what I meant.

I mean say the merged ministries dey too much for one man, e go slow the process of change and we fit remain like this after Buhari leaves.

You still have not made sense
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by onatisi(m): 4:05pm On Nov 11, 2015
The politics behind the appointment of fashola as a minister in charge of 3 strongest ministries goes beyond the capabilities or ability of fasola . It is about handing over a massive war chest to tinubu faction of the apc . It is also a sign of trust to the Yorubas ny buhari. Fashola will have 3 minister of states to assist him soni believe he will do well. The south west also got the health and finance ministries .this wont go down well with the north .i believe the last hasn't been heard about this appointments and its effects. But the good thing is work has fully started now and no more dumb stupid statements and comments from garba shehu and Femi adeshina

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by tiwiex(m): 4:07pm On Nov 11, 2015
Lordave:
I wasn't expecting you to easily comprehend what I meant.

I mean say the merged ministries dey too much for one man, e go slow the process of change and we fit remain like this after Buhari leaves.
I think hed did. I was surprised when he made that announcement. Either ministry is quite challenging and really there is no strategic fit between both areas. Totally different objectives.
Power is our biggest challenge. Merging it with a tasking ministry shows a lack of understamding of the challenge. The reason we have very poor power us fue to that faulty privatization. Not realing that is quite worrisome.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by dyn1800: 4:07pm On Nov 11, 2015
He can handle it and he will handle it successfully.... Your point on the appointment is vital.... But you should remember that a man should always expect and accept challenges.... He got one now and he will deliver .... God be with him. God bless us too
Lordave:

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by tete7000(m): 4:07pm On Nov 11, 2015
Abeg make una leave Fashola alone. I remember him boasting than if he were given 20% of what accrued to the disco he guarantees Lagos an interrupted supply of power in short time. It is time for him to repair all roads and give 24hrs light to nigerians within the next four years. He is a Superman and I trust him. The only caveat is Nigerians must be ready to pay plenty of toll fees. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by dheolexaone(f): 4:08pm On Nov 11, 2015
Lordave:

WE DO NOT WANT EXCUSES!

I believe strongly in d saying dt enemy of progress can never go into extinct. I can only see @op trying to gain fame n audience. One of d factors dt hinder d smooth running of d government is wen d masses condemn every act put forward. For once, Nigerians, let's be supportive n wait for results rather than sit down wt grades of qualifications writing n posting against d government. I'm not suppose to comment on d thread buh seriously @op needs a good orientation.

By d way, has #barcanister been listed as d minister of online APC haters?

*Continu in Patience's voice. Minister of power might end up bn at ur doorstep. #ONIRANU

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by mapet: 4:09pm On Nov 11, 2015
koxi:
No hard feelings, but ministry of power alone is enough sleepless nights for one person. Let alone works and housing inclusive........for the records shebi fashola na lawyer?
How law and engineering take relate ooooo? shocked shocked shocked

.....and who told you it is about law and engineering...........ignorant!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by dovetark: 4:09pm On Nov 11, 2015
Super1Star:

Let us wait and see.

He is not complaining or is he?

I agree with you, that is why in my subsequent post where I quoted the poster, I said it has now been made a subject of debate.
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by Lordave: 4:09pm On Nov 11, 2015
Empredboy:
Op seems not to understand that pmb wants to reduce government spending. If I were pmb I won't have more than 12 ministries. Many of these so called ministries are redundant. With these mergers now few people will be doing work not many people on few work then you now have 'ghost workers'.
You can merge ministry of Works and Housing with anything but not Power. Unless you guys have decided to downplay the dire condition of the Power Sector which needs and independent attention and reconstruction.
Re: Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake by sunsewa: 4:10pm On Nov 11, 2015
l concur with the poster,the workloads is too herculean under fashola,yes he deserved the portfolios, and his tested and trust,but let bubu don't ruin his pedigree with power ministry added on him,I know fashola will do magic either of them,but extra load might hinder him,supposed to have minister of state power, either separate or under fashola supervision, while he deals in works and housing,giving one man the three major Nigeria albatross abi headache to handle is too much.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu Wears Hijab To Gym, Replies Critics (Video) / Picture Of Buhari And His Men As They Arrive Paris Has Got People Fascinated / Rochas Okorocha, Uche Nwosu Organize Protest Against APC (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.