Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,883 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Nollywood To Rebrand Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nollywood To Rebrand Nigeria (648 Views)

Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria / 5 Reasons Dora Akunyili's Rebrand Nigeria Program go tough!! : Watch ! / Rebrand Nigeria With A Logo And A Slogan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood To Rebrand Nigeria by smile4kenn(m): 2:26am On May 16, 2009
April 24, 2009, the Minister of Information and Communications, Professor Dora Akunyili, interfaced with the umbrella organisation for men of letters, Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA)

There was also dinner with Nollywood stars and stakeholders in the Entertainment industry on Saturday, at the Lagos Sheraton Hotel and Towers. The gatherings brought Madam re-branding face to face with the movers and shakers of organised private sector, literary icons and the crème de la crème of the Entertainment world.

Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Alhaji Yayale Ahmed, was chairman of the session with Corporate Nigeria.
‘‘Re-branding starts with honesty and discipline. I think each time, Professor Dora Akunyili, a woman of timber and caliber, talks about attitudinal change as the focal point of the campaign, she is referring to honesty and discipline on the part of the leadership and the led. Without forming positive attitudes, it will be difficult to be honest, ’’ Ahmed explained.

“I welcome you to this overdue conversation about Nigeria’s image and what needs to be done to project Nigeria’s assets and attributes better…. There is a rising hope within my bowels that Nigeria is undoubtedly set on the path of greatness….I call upon the corporate world to join us in this partnership to reposition Nigeria, both internally and externally, so as to empower her to become a more respected and a bigger actor in the global world of business and international politics. I eagerly look forward to your kind support so that we can mobilise into action soonest…. We are indeed, ‘Good People, Great Nation,’ Akunyili said.

Akunyili, therefore, calls on ANA to join the re-branding trail by telling the Nigerian stories and producing books that counter the negative image of Nigeria and its people. According to her, Nigeria has a track record that can stand the test of time and sight and sound that can mesmerize investors and tourists.

Fortunately, some of the best sensations in the movie/ entertainment industry, like the Tuface Idibias, the Ashas, the Pete Edoches, the Emeka Ikes, the Genevieve Nnajis, and the Kanayo O. Kanayos of this world are all Nigerians. The onus is now on ANA, Performing Musicians Association of Nigeria (PMAN), Nollywood and all literary icons to use their platforms to package Nigeria into a beautiful nation. It is only when this is done that they will be seen to be living the brand of Good People, Great Nation.

Read more: http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/may/16/national-16-05-2009-02.htm
Re: Nollywood To Rebrand Nigeria by Nobody: 2:45am On May 16, 2009
they should start by making movies of the ideal Nigerian Presidency and how people could organise themselves to defeat the forces of rigging

(1) (Reply)

Fgn Bombards Ijawland-mend Threatens Northerners In The Oil Industry / Are You Ready To Run For President ? / Pdp; You Are Fired.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.