Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,968 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria (6001 Views)

It’s Cheaper To Import Petrol Than Refine Locally — Kachikwu / Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon / Rebrand Nigeria With A Logo And A Slogan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by vanstanzy(m): 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2013
IGBO PRESIDENT WILL REFINE AND REBRAND NIGERIA
Recently the convener of the coalition of Northern leaders, academics and businessmen, Junaid Mohammed, gave a personal but generally perceived opinion amongst Northerners as well as some part of the Yoruba speaking regions, that the aspirations of the Igbos in becoming President come 2015 is not feasible due to their penchant in pulling down one another. In applause, I very much concur with his opinion. Be that as it may, if sentiment did not enclave part of the brain whose duty lies in objective reasoning, he would have known that the good thing that would happen to Nigeria in 2015, considering the state of the nation today, is for an Igbo man to become the president of Nigeria.
I have to categorically state that I don’t care from what part of the country a man who will eventually become the President in 2015 will come from, once it’s established that he’s a visionary leader who is ready to inspire by personal example, then he’s good to go, even none living things around will welcome him into the system. One thing that has held Nigeria back all this while is sentiment. Is it not strange that since 1973, some Nigerians still see Igbos as people who have come to break rather than to build, despite their contribution to national development?
What the Hausa/ Fulani and some Yorubas who fear for the worst if peradventure an Igbo person becomes the President keep forgetting is the hidden reality that no Igbo man or woman will not wish to leave Nigeria as long as there is equity and observance of the principle of live and let live. The Igbos have built so much, even more than what they lost in the war, for them to think of abandoning everything in order to seek a new beginning for the sake of being an independent people.
Truth be said, if the Igbo decide to leave Nigeria today, and manage to survive whatever battled differences they would have in their new country due to their so-called “penchant in pulling down one another” five years is enough for them to become one of the worlds’ strongest economy. This, other non-Igbo speakers in Nigeria know of, and this is the case, handing them the presidency position will do Nigeria a lot more good.
I strongly believe that an Igbo president will mark a positive turning point for Nigeria. I can’t say if it was a slip of tongue or not, but former vice president of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar, recently said that the only people who have not sat in the Presidential seat, who have the wit and mental ability to pilot and harness positively and judiciously, the natural and human resources this nation have, are the Igbos.
Keep sentiment aside, to drive forward the nation.
BY JEFF OKOROAFOR
Culled from National Daily

Mind u, am not trying to be sentimental here, but i concur.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by confusion247(m): 3:13pm On Jan 05, 2013
We will continue to go in a circle in Nigeria until we give Igbos the opportunity to lead us from Aso Rock.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by MegaMan2020: 3:17pm On Jan 05, 2013
I'm yet to see an Igbo governer "Refine and Rebrand" an Igbo state let alone Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by koruji(m): 3:27pm On Jan 05, 2013
We currently have an Igbo President and he is not doing jack!

confusion247: We will continue to go in a circle in Nigeria until we give Igbos the opportunity to lead us from Aso Rock.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by MegaMan2020: 3:29pm On Jan 05, 2013
Duru1:

You are definitely blind and dumb too. Nobody with such characteristics can see talk less comprehend.

Try rebranding Abia state first.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Duru1(m): 3:41pm On Jan 05, 2013
MegaMan2020:

Try rebranding Abia state first.

The only states that need rebranding are dust-riding land masses all over northern region of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by kunlekunle: 3:45pm On Jan 05, 2013
wetin be the meaning of naira. abeg
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 05, 2013
MegaMan2020: I'm yet to see an Igbo governer "Refine and Rebrand" an Igbo state let alone Nigeria.
Nna, you beat me to it. I wonder what happened to 'Charity', she obviously wants to begin at the marketplace.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by DANILSA(m): 3:49pm On Jan 05, 2013
koruji: We currently have an Igbo President and he is not doing jack!

IGBO PRESIDENT? shocked SINCE WHEN DID IJAW BECOME IGBO? angry sad
JUST PASSING BY AND DECIDED TO SAY HI

1 Like

Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 05, 2013
DANILSA:
JUST PASSING BY AND DECIDED TO SAY HI
Well, hi.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by DANILSA(m): 4:00pm On Jan 05, 2013
fresh_dude: Well, hi.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Duru1(m): 4:23pm On Jan 05, 2013
MegaMan2020: I'm yet to see an Igbo governer "Refine and Rebrand" an Igbo state let alone Nigeria.

I like the rebranding in Zamfara State where the governor and state are set to “arrange husbands’’ for about 2,000 widows in the state”.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 05, 2013

True talk..
Charity begins at home..im embarrassed everytime i approach the river niger from asaba...Onitsha should be wearing a majestic look when viewed from the asaba side of the niger..let the SE governors open their eyes and see what is happening in south west.
Its not just about filling pot holes and building shoprites.Onitsha market should be the biggest and most beautiful mall in africa,same as enugu.schools like DMGS and CKC at onitsha,CIC Enugu,IMT,UNN are all falling apart without much attention from the right people..cows,goats and other livestocks,yams,tomatoes and other food crops keep being transported on a daily bases from other parts of nigeria down to the east while other govs are doing great things in the field of agriculture,lagos state acquires lands with great visions and plans,rejected zimbabwean white farmers finds succour in nigeria and work with govts in the north and south west,hectares of land are acquired by people like OBJ for agric..Other parts of the country are food sufficient.In the event of any troubles,the east will be helpless,meanwhile there are lots and lots of first graduates of agric,professors writing books after book about ending poverty.
The best building and construction companies are in the north[Abuja] and Lagos while we have nameless and shitty construction whose works gets washed off after a very heavy rain....All these while we have some fat neck,pot bellied flatulent people in house of reps and senates.
We are our own greatest enemies,until those people decide to do the right thing,south east will not rise above its present state.

Put an igbo man as president,vice and senate all at once,if the internal problems are not tackled,there wont be any development.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by OkparaIgbo: 4:33pm On Jan 05, 2013
To all those saying they are yet to see an Igbo governor rebrand his state first and the charity (Holier than thou) bullshit being spewed here I say STFU.! The North is the most rusty, sandy, ignorant, dirty et.all places yet they have ruled Nigeria for over 40years. The Yoruba's except Lagos have one of the most archaic, dirty, smelling looking regions yet have ruled Nigeria. Even OBJ could not reform the prison he came from not to mention his state Ogun state. And here people are talking of reforming your region as a criteria to lead Nigeria. Hate it or like it, the truth is that except the Igbo's are giving the chance to lead this nation and show what we are made of like we have displayed in so many positive area's around the world; Nigeria will keep moving aimlessly in circle. Of cause obviously we have our Soverign Republic of Biafra which will be of cause the best omen smiley

1 Like

Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by MegaMan2020: 4:42pm On Jan 05, 2013
OkparaIgbo: To all those saying they are yet to see an Igbo governor rebrand his state first and the charity (Holier than thou) bullshit being spewed here I say STFU.! The North is the most rusty, sandy, ignorant, dirty et.all places yet they have ruled Nigeria for over 40years. The Yoruba's except Lagos have one of the most archaic, dirty, smelling looking regions yet have ruled Nigeria. Even OBJ could not reform the prison he came from not to mention his state Ogun state. And here people are talking of reforming your region as a criteria to lead Nigeria. Hate it or like it, the truth is that except the Igbo's are giving the chance to lead this nation and show what we are made of like we have displayed in so many positive area's around the world; Nigeria will keep moving aimlessly in circle. Of cause obviously we have our Soverign Republic of Biafra which will be of cause the best omen smiley

Igboland is easily the most underdeveloped part of Nigeria. That's why Igbos run away from the place. It's also why Igbos that run to the North and SW don't want to develop their place. They know it's a lost cause. Imagine Igbos talking how great they would make Nigeria when they can't even make Igboland great lol.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by grafikii: 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2013
MegaMan2020:

Igboland is easily the most underdeveloped part of Nigeria. That's why Igbos run away from the place. It's also why Igbos that run to the North and SW don't want to develop their place. They know it's a lost cause. Imagine Igbos talking how great they would make Nigeria when they can't even make Igboland great lol.
Word
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by OkparaIgbo: 4:56pm On Jan 05, 2013
MegaMan2020: Igboland is easily the most underdeveloped part of Nigeria. That's why Igbos run away from the place. It's also why Igbos that run to the North and SW don't want to develop their place. They know it's a lost cause. Imagine Igbos talking how great they would make Nigeria when they can't even make Igboland great lol.

[b]I already smell stupidity from a mile away and I am not going to engage or polish your ignorant wing here. I will just leave you with the facts and you can keep on rolling around in your stupid propaganda. Igboland infact so you know is one of the most developed region in Nigeria with industries like like PZ,Lever brothers,International Equitable,Colgate,NBL,Guiness,Neimez,Nnewi (The japan of Africa), Innoson Motors (The first Indegineous motor manufacturing plant in Africa) to mention but a few am not even going to sit here and start mention the Igbo Men and Women who keep showing their vigor in the Art, Health, Education, Sciences, Literature etc.
Yes I accept that the Igbo's are known travellers and risk takers and hence have built their empires in regions some of which are not Igbo. However this tide is seriously changing and we the young one's are in motion to change it and are already doing so by Huge investments evident in Anambra, Enugu, Imo, Ebonyi, Abia. Now back to the topic, only a retaarded monkeey will say an Igbo man should reform his region before thinking of leading Nigeria.[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by lafuria1(m): 4:58pm On Jan 05, 2013
OkparaIgbo: To all those saying they are yet to see an Igbo governor rebrand his state first and the charity (Holier than thou) bullshit being spewed here I say STFU.! The North is the most rusty, sandy, ignorant, dirty et.all places yet they have ruled Nigeria for over 40years. The Yoruba's except Lagos have one of the most archaic, dirty, smelling looking regions yet have ruled Nigeria. Even OBJ could not reform the prison he came from not to mention his state Ogun state. And here people are talking of reforming your region as a criteria to lead Nigeria. Hate it or like it, the truth is that except the Igbo's are giving the chance to lead this nation and show what we are made of like we have displayed in so many positive area's around the world; Nigeria will keep moving aimlessly in circle. Of cause obviously we have our Soverign Republic of Biafra which will be of cause the best omen smiley

1.STFU as well, haba, you see thats the problem with you folks, u asked about your region, you didnt answer because u have nothing to say both jumped to talk to another. u guys complain about the north as if u care more than the northers. Are telling me east cant develop because they are yet to occupy the presidecy? what made u guys to vote GEJ 100percent? tell me, yea, becuse he was close to the igbos. what has anyim done since he became sec-gen of the federation? not heard much from him. it is the likes ohakim, orji that will rule naija? u all dont even support rochas for goodness sake.

2. yes north has ruled for more years and achieved basically nothing, the northerners know that more than u do. and other region deserves a chance but that person should have a proven record and not because he comes from the east or west. look at GEJ, no proven record as governor but got voted for presidency and here we are. obviously how can u prove to me that an igbo person becoming the president would develop?

3. u dont want a northern president because they havent developed their region, y should i accept an eastern when he hasnt done any.....i guess akpabio should be the next president since he is obvious person developing his state.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by OkparaIgbo: 5:03pm On Jan 05, 2013
la furia:

1.STFU as well, haba, you see thats the problem with you folks, u asked about your region, you didnt answer because u have nothing to say both jumped to talk to another. u guys complain about the north as if u care more than the northers. Are telling me east cant develop because they are yet to occupy the presidecy? what made u guys to vote GEJ 100percent? tell me, yea, becuse he was close to the igbos. what has anyim done since he became sec-gen of the federation? not heard much from him. it is the likes ohakim, orji that will rule naija? u all dont even support rochas for goodness sake.

2. yes north has ruled for more years and achieved basically nothing, the northerners know that more than u do. and other region deserves a chance but that person should have a proven record and not because he comes from the east or west. look at GEJ, no proven record as governor but got voted for presidency and here we are. obviously how can u prove to me that an igbo person becoming the president would develop?

3. u dont want a northern president because they havent developed their region, y should i accept an eastern when he hasnt done any.....i guess akpabio should be the next president since he is obvious person developing his state.

Ok where are you from? Now let me challange you to expose your folly here. If you are Yoruba, show me any state apart from Lagos that is more developed and modern looking than Enugu state If you are Hawusa, which Northern state apart from the FCT Abuja is more advanced and modern looking than Anambra state. If not I say to you again...foooool STFU.! We voted for GEJ 100% because we believe in "Equity and Fairness". And unless we get it too, Nigeria will keep moving round aimlessly in circles of cause Obviously until we get our Sovereign Republic of Biafra.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2013
vanstanzy: IGBO PRESIDENT WILL REFINE AND REBRAND NIGERIA
Atiku Abubakar, recently said that the only people who have not sat in the Presidential seat, who have the wit and mental ability to pilot and harness positively and judiciously, the natural and human resources this nation have, are the Igbos.
Keep sentiment aside, to drive forward the nation.
BY JEFF OKOROAFOR

Culled from National Daily

Mind u, am not trying to be sentimental here, but i concur.

This is pandering of the highest order. There's no tribe in Nigeria, no matter how small that doesn't have thousands of capable people who can lead Nigeria at any given time.
No tribe has any special ability to do anything the next tribe cannot do.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by abrat: 5:15pm On Jan 05, 2013
I was told President Goodluck Ebele Azikwe Jonathan is half Igbo & half Ijaw. If that is so, it means we are currently having Igbo man as president. What else do u want?

1 Like

Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 05, 2013
MegaMan2020:

Charity does not begin at home for some folks, I guess.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by OkparaIgbo: 5:22pm On Jan 05, 2013
abrat: I was told President Goodluck Ebele Azikwe Jonathan is half Igbo & half Ijaw. If that is so, it means we are currently having Igbo man as president. What else do u want?

Sorry to burst your bubble abrat.! GEJ is not an Igbo man however the Igbo's and the Ijaw's or should I say South south are more of cousin's in the sense that we were closely together in the fight for our freedom from Nigeria in 1967 if you know what I mean. There is therefore no reason why an Igbo man should not be given the chance to lead Nigeria or allowed to decide his future by gaining the Sovereign Republic of Biafra.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 05, 2013
OkparaIgbo:

Sorry to burst your bubble abrat.! GEJ is not an Igbo man however the Igbo's and the Ijaw's or should I say South south are more of cousin's in the sense that we were closely together in the fight for our freedom from Nigeria in 1967 if you know what I mean. There is therefore no reason why an Igbo man should not be given the chance to lead Nigeria or allowed to decide his future by gaining the Sovereign Republic of Biafra.

In the spirit of equity you can argue for a Nigerian president if Igbo extraction. But the notion that he will transform Nigeria just because of his tribe is nonsense.
As for Biafra, it is no longer a potent weapon of blackmail, nobody cares.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by GAR3TH(m): 5:42pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ethnic narcissism at its finest. What makes you think that a president from Ethnic group X will be better than ethnic group Y or the other 250 ethnic groups? So merits, accolades, Track record and performance does not matter? According to you all that matters is the ethnicity. And we wonder why Nigeria is in the state we are in....
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by OkparaIgbo: 5:46pm On Jan 05, 2013
Aigbofa:

In the spirit of equity you can argue for a Nigerian president if Igbo extraction. But the notion that he will transform Nigeria just because of his tribe is nonsense.
As for Biafra, it is no longer a potent weapon of blackmail, nobody cares.

I wouldn't have bothered replying your nonsense but I just want to; like I did to your colleague give you a one time fair hearing. I am basing my comments on the initial replies from ignoorant peeps who said that an Igbo man should reform Igboland first before thinking of leading Nigeria. Well now back to your post, If leaders are choosen based on merit and evidential impacts they have had in fields they are associated with, then I believe that if an Igbo man is giving a chance to lead Nigeria, he/she will transform Nigeria not only because this will settle the inbalance in the system, but will reflect the sort of spirit that have propelled Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Charles Soludo, Chinua Achebe, Dora Akunyili, Colins Nweke, Chuka Umunna, John Abraham Godson et.all to the top .
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 05, 2013
OkparaIgbo:

If leaders are choosen based on merit and evidential impacts they have had in fields they are associated with, then I believe that if an Igbo man is giving a chance to lead Nigeria, he/she will transform Nigeria not only because this will settle the inbalance in the system, [b]but will reflect the sort of spirit that have propelled Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Charles Soludo, Chinua Achebe, Dora Akunyili, Colins Nweke, Chuka Umunna, John Abraham Godson et.all to the top .[/b]

Let me remind you that none of the people you mentioned ever ran a state before. I therefore I don't understand where you got the idea that any of them would make a great president.
Can you please enlighten us more about the spirit that propelled these to the top of their professions that are not present in other professionals from other tribes in Nigeria?
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 6:17pm On Jan 05, 2013
Aigbofa:

Let me remind you that none of the people you mentioned ever ran a state before. I therefore I don't understand where you got the idea that any of them would make a great president.
Can you please enlighten us more about the spirit that propelled these to the top of their professions that are not present in other professionals from other tribes in Nigeria?

You seen to be narrowing the search to a governor (maybe Fashola), typical. cheesy cheesy
You do not need to be a former Nigerian state governor to perform superbly as president. All you need is a good head on your shoulder and a certain level of patriotism (which brings along honesty, commitment, etc).

I believe that one man stands out heads and shoulders above the rest ----> his name is Charles Chukwuma Soludo (ie per the ability to "Refine and Rebrand" Nigeria).
Nigeria under a Soludo presidency can leapfrog most nations within 8 years. We can actually have not less than 2 Trillion Dollar economy under Soludo in 8 years.
Quote me on that.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by OkparaIgbo: 6:20pm On Jan 05, 2013
Aigbofa:

And what makes your liittle brain think that anyone needs to run a state to have required Leadership qualities.. Dude I find it more difficult to relate to you and your IQ which to be fair seems to be below two digit figures.. angry Colins, Chuka, John; are a few Nigerians of Igbo extraction that run affairs of states in other countries. The spirit is one given by God himself some of which are Hardwork, Excellence, Bravery, Humility, Self Assurance, Motivational, Favour etc. Yes they may or may not be present in other people which may explain the hatred and jealousy like in the case of Joseph in the bible

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Journalists Barred From Covering Alleged Boko-haram Members’ Trial / Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC / Obiano Says Awka Has Been Turned Into Europe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.