Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Pdp; You Are Fired. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp; You Are Fired. (649 Views)

Congratulations Osun PDP, You Were Not Humiliated At All. / NUPENG To PDP: You Are Nigeria’s Greatest Problem / Wales:Yorubas say NO to PDP,you Better Cross Carpet, I am ready to die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp; You Are Fired. by tymoti(m): 9:02am On May 19, 2009
Just before we start becoming defensive and aligning ourselves within party lines; I would like to emphatically point out that, this write-up is not about promoting any political party. I think Nigerian politics sucks; it is too messy, too bloody and too cultish for free spirited minds like mine. I also believe that the evaluation of any party’s performance should be based entirely on results and not emotional sentiments,

Recently, I took timeout of my busy schedule to watch one of the previous seasons of my favorite sit-com; Donald Trump’s The Apprentice (an extraordinary creation by Mark Buffet). In each episode, after a challenging task, the winning team was always rewarded with enjoying some of the lavishly expensive and glamorous life style of the financially successful people. But the losers go boardroom where one of them is fired after sweating it out blaming each other for their mistakes. At the end of each boardroom brawl the employer’s (Donald Trump) would make the final decision which is usually expressed with the popular catch-phrase; You are fired!

The political structure or political culture across the spectrum of the numerous political parties we have is one that is designed for failure and disappointments. In a proper democratic society the electorate is like an employer; we scrutinize their activities in office and make sure they do not perform below expectation. Irrespective of the fact that political leaders are supposed to be patriots, they should also justify the votes given to them (Our taxes pay the bills of our leaders). We hold the reins, we are like Donald Trump.

You will agree with me that PDP’s performance over the last 10 years has been a failure. They have neither been able to stir this nation in any direction nor do have blue print (ideology) designed for proper development of this country. We have virtually been going in circles for the past 10 year (with the last 2 years mostly pathetic). The party is mostly composed of villains, greed-stinking individuals, and election rigging professors. The only philosophy this party has is enriching themselves and accumulating wealth big enough to carter for their tenth generation.

The lack of focus in a Presidency controlled by PDP, the charlatance of both houses of legislature, the gross of lack of financial accountability of PDP governors is an indication that party has a fundamental problem. The garrison (do or die) type of politics played by this party shows a flagrant disregard for democratic processes and an arrogant attitude towards the electorate. It is obvious that they do not regard our votes as amounting to anything so they do not feel accountable to their actions in office. Secondly, they feel they are above the law and so they can behave as they like.
This is unacceptable and should no longer be condoled. Nigerians they key lies in your hands; let fire these bastards and show them we are still the BOSS.
Re: Pdp; You Are Fired. by banom(m): 10:08am On May 19, 2009
Good one, how do we now start, is there going to be any collective movement or is it just individual ?
Re: Pdp; You Are Fired. by KnowAll(m): 11:01am On May 19, 2009
You start by allign yourself to the oppositon party. Closly fought elections are easy to rig but overwhealm support for the oppostion by majority of the people would be impossible for the PDP to rig. It will be like the omoboriowo situation in ondo state where the state Governor was to be sworn in to office in Lagos. The recent concluded Ekiti election was a closely fought election, one can tell from the first few ward results that filtered through during the initial collation both PDP and AC accepted the the 1st early results although PDP had reservation of the results because they were at the receiving end.
Re: Pdp; You Are Fired. by tymoti(m): 1:29pm On May 19, 2009
KnowAll:

PDP and AC accepted the the 1st early results although PDP had reservation of the results because they were at the receiving end.

Know all, you know generally the elections were rigged in favor of the ruling party. you that the last general election was a shame and all the re-runs were useless.
The next elections are drawing near lets forget party loyalty and vote credible individuals
Re: Pdp; You Are Fired. by tymoti(m): 9:08am On May 20, 2009
To further illustrate how irresponsible the PDP party is Mahmud Abdulmalik (pdp chairman for zamfara state) had the effontery to say my generation would not witness a free and fair election.

Can you see that PDP has noting to offer
Re: Pdp; You Are Fired. by emmy4naira(m): 4:30pm On May 20, 2009
abeg which party do we belong here
Re: Pdp; You Are Fired. by tymoti(m): 2:07pm On May 21, 2009
I am not particularly interested in any party. I am advocating voting credible individuals
Re: Pdp; You Are Fired. by tymoti(m): 9:42am On May 28, 2009
tymoti:

. Secondly, they feel they are above the law and so they can behave as they like.
This is unacceptable and should no longer be condoled. Nigerians they key lies in your hands; let fire these bastards and show them we are still the BOSS.

(1) (Reply)

How Juvenile Is Efcc Under Waziri / Senators Knock Yar'adua's Electoral Reform Bill / Nigeria: Ribadu Seeks Expansion Of U.s. Crime Laws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.