Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,523 members, 7,812,637 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] (17005 Views)

Senate To Contractor: Stop Work On Otuoke Road Project / Ganduje In Caterpillar, Commissions A Road Project (Photos) / Amaechi Got N257bn From ECA In 2013 - Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by biina: 7:06am On May 26, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Did you read the article??
I really don't see what you are getting at.

The articles states that  the contract awarded is for construction on two expressways: the Airport Expressway and Outer Northern Expressway (Kubwa Expressway). Both will be expanded from their existing 4 lanes to 10 (additional six lanes). The contract also covers the construction of interchange bridges around Kubwa, Dutse/Bwari, Katampe Extension and Barracks/IBB Golf Course Junctions, along the Outer Northern Expressway, as well as around the Kuje and Lugbe Junctions along the Airport Expressways.

So what is your grouse?
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by AjaraEwuro: 11:48am On May 26, 2009
Kobojunkie:

When lagos was capital, we did not have projects like this. I wonder why you decided not to respond to my post to you concerning the project not being a START UP. The almost 2 billion was put aside to add lanes, not build the road from scratch.

and the bridges, ten lane road Ikorodu road, third mainland bridge, eko bridge, etc were not built with the same tax payers money? What is your grouse with adding lanes? If it is a new road from scratch, you will be the first to carry placard denouncing it. Have you ever travelled on any of these roads in the project?
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by Kobojunkie: 12:14pm On May 26, 2009
biina:

I really don't see what you are getting at.

The articles states that  the contract awarded is for construction on two expressways: the Airport Expressway and Outer Northern Expressway (Kubwa Expressway). Both will be expanded from their existing 4 lanes to 10 (additional six lanes). The contract also covers the construction of interchange bridges around Kubwa, Dutse/Bwari, Katampe Extension and Barracks/IBB Golf Course Junctions, along the Outer Northern Expressway, as well as around the Kuje and Lugbe Junctions along the Airport Expressways.

So what is your grouse?

I don't believe my "grouse" (if any) is any of your business, given that I directed the post at @Londoner. I was just wondering if you were actually following the conversation since you chose to respond to my post there, but I am quite sure you are not. So nevermind!
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by AjaraEwuro: 12:15pm On May 26, 2009
hahahha - dem don take somebody bread o.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by biina: 6:32pm On May 26, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I don't believe my "grouse" (if any) is any of your business, given that I directed the post at @Londoner. I was just wondering if you were actually following the conversation since you chose to respond to my post there, but I am quite sure you are not. So nevermind!
It is a public forum. I am free to respond to any post I like, and you are free to ignore any post at your discretion.
If you have problems with discussing issues on a public forum, you can simply create your own private virtual world.
You don't make the rules.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by walakolobo: 8:33am On Jun 20, 2009
This project has started already, Julius Berger has done tremendous work on the Airport road in just one month - this project is for sure a necessary project, too much traffic build up early hours and late hours. KUDOS.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by ossy4rill: 8:05pm On Jun 20, 2009
what of the rest of the country why is development one sided( the north) what of the south where the resources come from
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by Akpangbon: 8:19am On Jun 21, 2009
Ossu4Rill

Na question you still dey ask, abi?
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by FELIYX: 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2009
Do you know in Nigeria we don't employ the services of either the Cost Engineers/Quantity Surveyor in Road construction? how won't we spend wickedly, all our resources in such projects. tongue shocked  embarassed
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by volina(f): 9:21am On Aug 04, 2009
@landowner, u made me proud. I was about to conclude that naigerians(some) just love criticism(negative) and complains.kenyans would be very happy with such a project. n believe u me,abuja needs the 10 lane superhighways. or r u waiting for the city to be crowded like lagos and once again u complain of poor plannin.some of us need to style up.@landowner cool smiley cool
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 04, 2009
Although its a good development because we r talking about the city of elites but also a misplaced priority, I wonder how this project wil benefit a common man that voted for yaradua waiting to receive his own dividend of democracy, ASUU has been on strike for over a month with students wasting their lives other roads like benin-ore,benin-abuja road claim more lives than any other road in Nigeria due to the proximity of edo state and we are here celebrating a 10 lane road project in the city of public corruption, Just a waste of public fund
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by adigun101: 8:50pm On Aug 05, 2009
Fine, but if only a little attention will be given to the Lagos - Shagamu - Ore- Benin Road. This is the most economically important and strategic road by far in Nigeria. It links the major economic blocks in nigeria. This road at present has been unusable for years. Sometimes I wonder what our leaders are smoking. This is an express way that will impact nigeria most !
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by ikeyman00(m): 12:50am On Aug 06, 2009
yes u right ^^^^^

due to the traffic from the east me guess lipsrsealed

remember that naijas
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by sjeezy8: 6:35am On Aug 06, 2009
the dumbest shit i ever heard of instead of building alternative routes and roads.They obviously didn't learn from lagos' three bridges going the same direction, nigeria always want to go around problems instead of fixing it.

this what it will look like

Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by AjaraEwuro: 8:16am On Aug 24, 2009
You are the one talking shit - and how much money will alternative routes gulp? These roads are simply being built according to the masterplan, Mr Dumb Shit.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by Horus(m): 12:56pm On Jun 19, 2013
OneNaija: Here is the Picture of the Ten Lane Project in Abuja

Is this project completed?
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by Goddex: 1:15pm On Jun 19, 2013
Horus:

Is this project completed?

Yes, they are completed and are awaiting commissioning. Both Zuba stretch and the Airport roads are all good to go - both are ten lanes each. I don't have pictures here though but they are really really cool. Abuja is the only Nigerian city that competes with today's modern cities.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by Alxmyr(m): 2:31pm On Jun 19, 2013
I think the cost was further reviewed downward.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by bloggernaija: 5:33pm On Jun 19, 2013
Building a ten lane road in a city that does not produce anything, does not and will never contribute anything to the national purse and will always empty on weekends and public holidays . The other parts of the country where people actually reside and create wealth are left out.
From AHMADU BELLO(TAFAWA BALEWA WAS JUST A PAWN )TO GEJ, NIGERIA HAS BEEN CURSED WITH A SERIES OF INCOMPETENT AND UNTHINKING DOLTS AND INVALIDS.
EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.
CAMBERRA IN AUSTRALIA WAS BUILT FROM SCRATCH AS A FEDERAL CAPITAL. THE AUSTRALIA GOVERNMENT IS NOT WASTING MONEY THERE AT THE EXPENSE OF SYDNEY,ADELAIDE AND THE REST.IN FACT MOST OF THE MONEY IS SPENT ELSEWHERE .
THESE BUNCH OF FOOLS WHO HAVE GOVERNED NIGERIA AT THE CENTRE WERE NEVER INTERESTED IN GROWING THE PIE.THEY ARE JUST INTERESTED IN SPENDING ON ONE WASTEFUL PROJECT AFTER THE OTHER.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Complete The 2nd Niger Bridge & Enugu Airport- Ohanaeze To Buhari / Obama Okays Buhari’s Agenda For Defeating Boko Haram / Military To Launch ‘Operation Accord’ Against Violent Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.