Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,440 members, 7,853,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:53 AM

NIGERIAN ENGINEERS: A Lawyer Heading Power Sector, Works & Housing - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIGERIAN ENGINEERS: A Lawyer Heading Power Sector, Works & Housing (4687 Views)

FG Creates 193,469 Jobs In Ministry Of Works, Housing / Nigerian Engineers Decorate Buhari As Patron / Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIGERIAN ENGINEERS: A Lawyer Heading Power Sector, Works & Housing by obailala(m): 5:12pm On Nov 13, 2015
chuna1985:

Every single Nigerian na tribalist ooo.
Since wen u don dey do tribalism, how e help u?...

Btw, I'm not one.
Re: NIGERIAN ENGINEERS: A Lawyer Heading Power Sector, Works & Housing by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2015
chuna1985:

So many igbos live in d s waste to the extent that Yoruba people can now read n write igbo language grin
Is that what you think
#ProudlyNigerian
Re: NIGERIAN ENGINEERS: A Lawyer Heading Power Sector, Works & Housing by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2015
obailala:

Btw, I'm not one.

obailala relax Joor, I know u wella
Re: NIGERIAN ENGINEERS: A Lawyer Heading Power Sector, Works & Housing by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 13, 2015
Most engineers are administrative disasters! They need a guide in someone who can manage erratic humans and not mere experts in mere machines.
Re: NIGERIAN ENGINEERS: A Lawyer Heading Power Sector, Works & Housing by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 5:23pm On Nov 13, 2015
obailala:
Your own interpretation of the situation ironically proves you to be the stuppid one here. The problem of power in Nigeria is an administrative/management problem and not an engineering problem. Meanwhile the so called professor of Mechanical engineering that was made power minister previously, what did he achieve?... The engineering professor even claimed the problem of power was witches and wizards. grin grin

I'm sure you are a graduate, but unfortunately, paper certificate (irrespective of the grade) does not guarantee intelligence. It is people like you who believe a president must study POLITICAL SCIENCE in school.
Dem don finish Timayaaaaaaa
grin
obailala:
Your own interpretation of the situation ironically proves you to be the stuppid one here. The problem of power in Nigeria is an administrative/management problem and not an engineering problem. Meanwhile the so called professor of Mechanical engineering that was made power minister previously, what did he achieve?... The engineering professor even claimed the problem of power was witches and wizards. grin grin

I'm sure you are a graduate, but unfortunately, paper certificate (irrespective of the grade) does not guarantee intelligence. It is people like you who believe a president must study POLITICAL SCIENCE in school.
Dem don finish Timayaaaaaaa
Re: NIGERIAN ENGINEERS: A Lawyer Heading Power Sector, Works & Housing by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 5:27pm On Nov 13, 2015
obailala:

Btw, I'm not one.
One love bro. Who TRIBALISM don help
#IRefuseToBeATribalist
Re: NIGERIAN ENGINEERS: A Lawyer Heading Power Sector, Works & Housing by bossOD: 5:30pm On Nov 13, 2015
until an Engr is appointed as the chief judge and another Engr as a minister of health,

if not I will call all Engr to reject this appointment, it is not about politics but having respect for us as a nation builder.

why must they always give too much respect to the medical and lawyer profession but treat with dirt the the honorable calling of the engineers. I stand for justice.
Re: NIGERIAN ENGINEERS: A Lawyer Heading Power Sector, Works & Housing by Tvegas(m): 5:37pm On Nov 13, 2015
@OP Dangote is the richest man in Nigeria he owns a Cement, Refinery, Sugar and Flour companies without learning their techicalities.

Management and leadership skills are paramount.
Re: NIGERIAN ENGINEERS: A Lawyer Heading Power Sector, Works & Housing by Duru1(m): 5:39pm On Nov 13, 2015
OnReflection:

Right, so the countries I mentioned have individuals with heads above their shoulders but their counterparts in Nigeria are headless?
You are far losing the little bit of objectivity you still possess, our bile-filled elder. Every comment you post shows you enjoy being disagreeable just for the sake of it. angry

Instead of leveraging bombast, as you are wont to do, why don't you regale us with examples which actually buttress your point?
Too much to ask? Or is it that you are simply shooting the breeze, with the hope that those of us who know your antecedents won't notice tongue

No, I am going with the wind of Nigeria as it blows across other substantive countries as you posited in your previous post. There is country I know and before anybody is allowed to head any ministry, regardless of individual's academic qualification, the person is required to have rudimentary knowledge of what the ministry does. The expertise or lack thereof on the day to day activities of department should be known on the floor of Senate during confirmation hearing. In the case of Nigeria, it was a plain circus of idiocy played out on individual idiosyncrasy as accustomed to Nigerians.
Re: NIGERIAN ENGINEERS: A Lawyer Heading Power Sector, Works & Housing by Duru1(m): 5:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
Tvegas:
@OP Dangote is the richest man in Nigeria he owns a Cement, Refinery, Sugar and Flour companies without learning their techicalities.

Management and leadership skills are paramount.

You must understand that running a governmental ministry is different from managing individual business outfit.
Re: NIGERIAN ENGINEERS: A Lawyer Heading Power Sector, Works & Housing by lukaino(m): 5:49pm On Nov 13, 2015
Difference is that, you egineers like signing cheques but this lawyer doesnt.
Re: NIGERIAN ENGINEERS: A Lawyer Heading Power Sector, Works & Housing by williamson46: 5:54pm On Nov 13, 2015
chuna1985:

Welcome to nigeria where stupidity is seen as a norm, especially from d most sophisticated tribe grin

U also have a dullard as president, what do u expect

GEJ chose a renounced professor of Mechanical engineering to man the power sector in his time as president. Now we have a lawyer for the same position. grin grin grin

That mechanical engineer now owns geometric power, the first indigenous power generating firm in nigeria n he's doing very well.

Wen I say nothing good can ever come from nigeria, no one gets to understand.
well, if u consider yourself a nothing good, I know I'm something and someone good from Nigeria
Re: NIGERIAN ENGINEERS: A Lawyer Heading Power Sector, Works & Housing by UYCO: 5:54pm On Nov 13, 2015
How can paper engineers provide solution to power problem? They should put their degree certificate on top of Transformer to provide Electricity. Has any one here seen a university engineer dismantling a transformer for the purpose of repairing it? They cannot give what they dont have. Engineering profession will die in Nigeria until we respect those with technical education. The only achievement of COREN and NSE is to discriminate against HND holders. Engineering is 50% practical and 50% theory. You cannot learn 100% theory and call yourself an engineer. It is easier to forget theory than practical. Dont blame Buhari, Nigerian engineers will Amount to nothing if HND holders are not allowed to practice technological engineering as full fledge engineers. I AM A UNIVERSITY ENGINEER, I KNOW CALCULUS BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH IT THAT CAN CONTRIBUTE TO OUR ECONOMY. THAT IS THE REALITY ABOUT UNIVERSITY ENGINEERS. NO ENGINEER CAN BE APPOINTED AS MINISTER OF HEALTH, JUSTICE, ECONOMY PLANNING. I PITY FOR UNA

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN ENGINEERS: A Lawyer Heading Power Sector, Works & Housing by UYCO: 5:59pm On Nov 13, 2015
SEE THE REASON WHY NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY ENGINEERS CANNOT SOLVE POWER SUPPLY[url][/url] PROBLEMS AND CONSTRUCTION HERE https://www.nairaland.com/2488157/buhari-willing-end-bsc-hnd#36421658
Re: NIGERIAN ENGINEERS: A Lawyer Heading Power Sector, Works & Housing by itstpia8: 6:02pm On Nov 13, 2015
Re: NIGERIAN ENGINEERS: A Lawyer Heading Power Sector, Works & Housing by pazienza(m): 6:11pm On Nov 13, 2015
Fashola appointment is a bit unfair to Engineers, I am sure Doctors( NMA) wouldn't have been happy if Fashola was appointed minister of health.

If Buhari must pick a Yoruba, I am sure there are world class Yoruba engineers working in world class engineering companies abroad.

The Engineering association or union is not that strong in Nigeria, that's why this happened.

But what do I know, I am just a Biafran trader trapped in a zoological republic.

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN ENGINEERS: A Lawyer Heading Power Sector, Works & Housing by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 13, 2015
williamson46:
well, if u consider yourself a nothing good, I know I'm something and someone good from Nigeria

U are nothing oooo.

U will remain nothing as long as u live in Nigeria.
Re: NIGERIAN ENGINEERS: A Lawyer Heading Power Sector, Works & Housing by UYCO: 6:40pm On Nov 13, 2015
bossOD:
until an Engr is appointed as the chief judge and another Engr as a minister of health,

if not I will call all Engr to reject this appointment, it is not about politics but having respect for us as a nation builder.

why must they always give too much respect to the medical and lawyer profession but treat with dirt the the honorable calling of the engineers. I stand for justice.

WHY DID YOU PEOPLE USE COREN TO RELEGATE POLYTECHNIC ENGINEERS EVEN WHEN YOU KNOW THAT THEY ARE BETTER ON THE JOB?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Storms High Court Abuja In Biafra Combination ( See Photos) / USA Gives Buhari 45 Days To Release This Political Prisoner / See What A Sage Yoruba Man Wrote About Biafra, Nigeria And Amalgamation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.