Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,796 members, 7,827,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria (2531 Views)

North Cautions Yoruba, Southerners On Clamour For 1963 Constitution / Umahi Bags 2016 Zik Prize For Leadership In Good Governance Award / Obasanjo Visits Governor Bindow Of Adamawa, Commends Him For His Good Governance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:58am On Nov 14, 2015
Biafra is my home! Biafra is our blood! It must stand.

4 Likes

Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by Fash20: 6:39am On Nov 14, 2015
EternalTruths:

So the hausas have the guts to attack Biafrans on Biafran soil

When Biafra stands, no Hausa man must be allowed to step foot on Biafra. angry
No biafran man will be allowed to step foot on theirs either.
Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 14, 2015
Fash20:
No biafran man will be allowed to step foot on theirs either.

We do agree...

3 Likes

Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 14, 2015
sd

2 Likes

Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 14, 2015
exxell:

They have deleted my thread on the "never give up" Picture ooo. Even on Nairaland, we are marginalised!!

I knew it. Seun is one sided.

1 Like

Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by Kestolovee95(f): 8:44am On Nov 14, 2015
kasheemawo:
Stop spending Nigeria money please, try to mint your own currency. This is the first step biafra should do for us to take you serious .

Everybody has an opinion on Biafra, even the kasheems whose parents are dying of hunger in osun. lwkmd

1 Like

Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by Kestolovee95(f): 8:46am On Nov 14, 2015
exxell:

They have deleted my thread on the "never give up" Picture ooo. Even on Nairaland, we are marginalised!!

you still have that inspirational picture?
Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 14, 2015
yea

5 Likes

Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by CrazyMan(m): 11:28pm On Nov 14, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:
First of all, I want to say thank you to Mr. Seun, maybe he gave the instruction that I should be banned, I was only giving the true reports on the happenings of our protest in Port-Harcourt. While I was banned, I saw the Yorubas creating false threads, making false claims, but I refused to break the law, I did my ban time.
Welcome back

FREEDOM4BIAFRA:
I will like to call on the attention of my brother, crazyman, I appreciate you a lot, and thank you for thinking and taking your time to show concern, however, I will like to put some things straight, and tell you why we need to clamor for Biafra and not a good leadership in Nigeria, from the reasons you gave...

Most powerful Igbos leaders are against it:

Who are the most powerful leaders?
@ bolded. Our Senators, governors, notable politicians, academicians (Professors Phd holders...etc) chiefs, Ohaneze, prominent business men...etc

FREEDOM4BIAFRA:
Listen brother, there is something called greed, and it eats beyond tribe or ethnicity. At this moment, Igbos are not concerned on the thoughts of the so called powerful leaders, we only care about the trusted leaders. Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is a trusted leader not Ralph uwazurike. Uwazurike sold us for promises, Rochas sold us for promises, ndi Ohaneze sold us for goats and broilers.
Why complain about him (Uwazurike) selling us out? Cos I see no difference between his MASSOB and Kanu's IPOB. I see IPOB shifting grounds like MASSOB when the government eventually initiates a negotiation with them and bags of money start changing hands.

What you should know is that most of the IPOB youths singing his (Kanu) praises are just doing it out of frustration. They're tired of their current status and believe that if Biafra is granted independence, things would be better.

They would bend when FG bags of money start flowing in.

Even if Kanu doesn't sell us out, his group (IPOB) would be compromised. Cos a faction would accept the FG juicy offer and turn on Kanu while some would reject the offer and remain loyal to him.

At the end of the day, their (FG) aim would be achieved. (The group has been rendered useless)

FREEDOM4BIAFRA:
As I stated earlier, Greed is addictive, many of these so called leaders cannot support Biafra, this is because of their mischievous gains from Nigeria, crumbs, as long as they can build mansions, they do not care about their neighbors who cannot afford a decent meal. NdIgbo have no Nigerian leaders, only sellouts.
True. We have no Nigerian leaders only sellouts.

Questions is who voted in these sellouts isn't it the same youths

Look at T.A Orji, one would have believed that after his 8years of failure his political career would be rendered useless. But the reverse was the case. Today he's a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria courtesy of the youths.

My point is if our leaders are sellouts, then our youths are also sellouts as well. Cos its them this so called sellout leaders use in achieving their goal.

If Biafra becomes a reality, what makes you so sure that this same youths wouldn't sell us out to this same looters and crooks camouflaged as leaders?

FREEDOM4BIAFRA:

Thousands and even millions of South Easterners are likely going to be plunged into the job market upon declaration of Biafra:
This is a very false claim, at the moment, millions of Biafrans are aready unemployed in this evil contraption. A place where a biafran who dos better than others cannot even gain university admission because his surname does not permit him to get unmerited abdul-muhammad marks.
And what is a prospective student of the Igbo extraction doing in a region where he would have to bear abdul-muhammed before being considered for admission when there are lots of higher institutions in the SE?

FREEDOM4BIAFRA:
What is your view of Biafra? A place without orderliness? No civil service? No airforce? No Police? No army? No Ministries and ministers? No investors? No customs and immigrations officers? That point is without form brother.
I never said so...my argument was what happens to those who will be joining us from Nigeria?

Can we effectively set up agencies that would ensure that they get employed and paid in less than 6months?

Can we trust those we elected that they wouldn't sell us out and embezzle the funds meant for the development of these agencies? Or are you saying that only saints and angels would exist in biafra?

If the former happens, what then? those that left their comfort zones and joined us based on the promises and assurances we gave to them...how do we expect them to survive.

Cos as far as I'm concerned a Nigerian is a Nigerian regardless of his geopolitical zone...all our leaders have proven to me that they cannot be trusted.

FREEDOM4BIAFRA:
At our sovereignty, we will have the need for so much hands in our quest for nation building.
True

FREEDOM4BIAFRA:
Our own telecos will recruit,
As far as I can tell, all our telecommunications headquarters are located in the SW. So for them to start creating HQ in the SE would take quite a while, years maybe. A lot of re-adjustments will have to be made.

FREEDOM4BIAFRA:
embassies will recruit,
And how many embassies are in the SE...we are the most traveled tribe in Nigeria yet we don't even have any embassy in the SE. There's a very high possibility that the embassies would eventually find their way to Biafra but that would take a while (Years maybe)

FREEDOM4BIAFRA:
investors will recruit.
And how many states in the SE can boast of foreign investors?

Isn't it the same unemployment we've been lamenting about?

Even the banks which some would say are there and can recruit, how many villages in the SE can boast of banks?

Some villages in the SE are more than 30minutes drive to where you can find banks. So how do you expect someone to invest there and higher unemployed youths. Wouldn't it increase robbery cos it would be easy for robbers to monitor you to know when you're going to the town to deposits the proceedings from your business sales?

A friend of mine had to close down his pure water factory in his village cos of this issue. From his factory to the town where the banks are is about 30-45 minutes drive. He was robbed on several occasions on his way to the town to deposit the proceedings from his business because he was monitored by this bandits. He had to relocate to the town where the banks were easily accessible.

We need development first my dear brother. Development would then bring in the investors who in turn would recruit as many qualified Biafran graduates as possible...the banks in turn would chase the investors to the villages, and more jobs would be created cos the new branches would need new staffs. And in a few years time, the villages would look more like towns.

FREEDOM4BIAFRA:
All the tax mismanaged by the Nigerian government will be utilized properly by the Biafran Govt.
And you're 100% sure of this?

I asked this earlier and will say it again...are we planing on hiring angels and saints to manage our economy for us?

Cos if our current leaders failed to utilize the taxes they received, what makes you so certain that it (our taxes) would be properly managed when we eventually get biafra?

FREEDOM4BIAFRA:
Your third point is that the south east is impoverished: why so? We have continued to vote in leaders who get sidelined and most times corrupted by the people who hold the centre. Even Rochas who was the messiah, turned out to be the devil in blue clothing.
Listen brother, We have no reasonable federal presence in the south east, what is the hope of getting any in the next 100 years? Why are we impoverished?
Nigeria is structured on a way that no leader from the south can have his way without first seeking permission from the north, the northerners alone in the Senate take up as much as half the size, how then can the south win any vote? This is why we remain impoverished! This has to stop.
I agree with you, it has to stop. That's why we southerners have to unite and stop attacking each other cos currently its obvious that we aren't united.

In 2012 T.A. Orji sacked all the non-indigens in the Abia state house. If we cannot see our fellow igbo brothers from other SE states as one, then how do we intend to unite and un-seat the north?

How do we even intend to achieve Biafra with such attitude?

FREEDOM4BIAFRA:

Do you know that Prof. barth nnaji built a power plant in abia state, which is capable of generating up to 1080MW? Can this not be replicated around biafraland for power generation? Why was the gas supply cut off?

With the abundance of gas in biafraland, we can power our plants for constant electricity, 24/7. This will attract investors faster than you can think of. They will choose to manufacture in Biafra and export to Nigeria and other African countries, Employment opportunities will abound.
Why haven't we done that now?

My brother these things you're saying isn't as easy as it seems.

As embarrassing as it sounds, most villages in some SE states (I won't mention any) cannot boast of constant electricity no thanks to our leaders.

FREEDOM4BIAFRA:
We also have the IBETO GIANT, AND OUK WHO WILL BRING BACK HIS INVESTMENTS WITHOUT FEAR OF THE NORTHERN VICTIMIZATION
True, but we need our state governors to invest in the state as well. Cos the best the Biafran government can benefit from IBETO is his tax. SE leaders need to put on their thinking caps and start engaging in project that would bring in huge income to the state as well as create job opportunities.

Take lagos for example...the former governor (Fasola) introduced the BRT system, do you know how many jobs it generated as well as income for the state?

Now I've read on Nairaland that the new governor (abode) is making plans to construct a rail system. This is what I expect our SE leaders to do.

They should engage in projects that would benefit the Igbo youths by giving them jobs and boost the state's purse as well.

FREEDOM4BIAFRA:
Inability to stand Independently:
There is only one reason why Nigeria has been trying to make the south-east unable to stand, it is because we are potential giants.
True, but what have we done to help ourself?

Look at the port in lagos, most of the importation there are done by our brothers and foreigners who own companies in lagos, do you know how much billions the lagos state government makes from importation alone on monthly basis?

If Nigeria is making us unable to stand, its because we let them do so.

What stops us from having a port in the SE, so all the billions made form it would be use to develop our region?

FREEDOM4BIAFRA:
People love those that they can control. Crazyman, I have read a lot of your posts, did you not take the bull by the horn after your nysc? Didn’t you walk into your own journey of self discovery?
I did. In fact that's what I'd advise any graduate to do if he/she is to survive in Nigeria

FREEDOM4BIAFRA:
Listen, Biafrans are not expecting milk and honey in its first years, as a matter of fact, the worse case scenery won’t be as bad as we are currently neglected in Nigeria. We believe in ourselves, and yes, we can stand! Believe me.
We can't be so sure about that can we?

I love to be objective in my reasoning. The Nigerian system has given me every reason to be.

FREEDOM4BIAFRA:

Dis-unity and inability to make accurate political calculations:
I will only counter this point will a single line.

“There is no disunity amongst Biafran families, the disunity is only amongst selfish Igbo leaders, scrambling for Nigerian Crumbs”
So why do one section of the youth endorse one person and another section endorses another, at the end of the day, we'll have a blood bath and another corrupt leader emerges?

Look at Abia state during the general elections, APGA agreed to vote PDP's presidential candidate (Jonathan) since they didn't field in any presidential candidate, but agreed to vote their own candidates running for other positions.

At the end of the day what happened?

My point is why couldn't they just merge and bring out one candidate and stand by him?

Why agree with someone to vote for his candidate running for one position, then take him to court for cheating you in other positions? That's dis-unity and inability to make proper political calculations.

And its a major problem we face in the SE

FREEDOM4BIAFRA:
Crazyman, this isn’t a debate, you have made your points and I have made mine, will it be wrong for other Biafrans to make theirs through a referendum? Or should we kill their voices? If you will not work with us, then do not work against us.
Noted!

And for the records I'm not working against you, neither am I against Biafra. My argument is that we put our house (the SE) in order before embarking on this struggle.

If you have an uncompleted building and you're having problems with your landlord, shouldn't the problems motivate you to finish your own house so you and your family can move in and be free from his problems?

You certainly wouldn't want to move your family to the uncompleted building yet until you put it in a reasonable state which you feel would be comfortable for you and your family.

That's my argument! I want us to put the SE in a more accommodating state, so that our brothers in the SW can start coming back home to invest, businesses would begin to thrive, our leaders would try as much as possible to make sure we have embassies in places like Enugu (since we are the ones that travel the most in all the tribes) we would work towards having a port in the SE, bring in foreign investors...etc then we can talk about Biafra.

FREEDOM4BIAFRA:
Having laid all these out, I will like to congratulate our people on their achievements so far, The Nigerian leadership has been trembling, Mazi Nnamdi has not caved in, They cannot even touch him. From recent visit reports, he is doing fine, The DSS have him in a fully air-conditioned room, begging him to eat so he won’t lose weight, they give him the best treatment because they are scared of what will happen if he gets a scratch! and he has refused to sign any papers of defeat.

NOTE: Our leader has given a serious warning that no one should attend the meeting of the Igbo governors, rochas has been organizing some of his boys to act as IPOB representatives.

“LET THE WORLD KNOW THAT THE ONLY IPOB REPRESENTATIVE THAT IS AUTHORIZED TO MEET WITH THE IGBO GOVERNORS IS MAZI NNAMDI KANU” THEY SHOULD GO TO HIS VIP AIR CONDITIONED SUITE AND HOLD THEIR MEETING WITH HIM THERE.

BIAFRA ABIAGO!
Noted!

1 Like

Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 15, 2015
Crazyman, I just saw your post, I'm happier because you are my brother.
I really don't want a debate because I'm too busy and it would yield nothing.
However, asking for a referendum is not a crime, even if it fails, we'll know our voice is still respected.

3 Likes

Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
@Op, I saw Owerri protest.

It was emotional 1.6million persons marched!

With that 'NEVER GIVE UP"

4 Likes

Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 15, 2015
alfred5:
@Op, I saw Owerri protest.

It was emotional 1.6million persons marched!

With that 'NEVER GIVE UP"

Yes brother, we March on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 15, 2015
conduct a referendum and have your Biafra. it's not rocket science is it?
Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 15, 2015
Ioannes:
conduct a referendum and have your Biafra. it's not rocket science is it?

And why is Buhari suppressing the call for a referendum?

3 Likes

Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:

And why is Buhari suppressing the call for a referendum?

and how is he suppressing the call for referendum
your proof, right here and now or stfu.
Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 15, 2015
Ioannes:

and how is he suppressing the call for referendum

your proof, right here and now or stfu.
Ignoring the call, riot act, bribing the media... Go figure.

1 Like

Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:

Ignoring the call, riot act, bribing the media... Go figure.

o ma se o. so u think it is Buhari that will give u guys referendum? keep waiting.

proof that he bribed the media
Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by kingzizzy: 3:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
Whenever I see or hear an Igbo man talking about how advantageous it is to remain in Nigeria over having an independent homeland of Biafra, I feel like am looking at a pure bred morron. I recognise that everyone is entitled to their opinion and I do not expect all Igbos to be agree with Biafra. What I do not understand is why people who have the benefit of hindsight and are currently witnessing the immense economic and political suffering of the Igbos in the British contraption called Nigeria but is still excited about it. How is it that any sane person can look at Nigeria currently and retrospectively and say "Nigeria is the best thing to happen to Igbo"? We Igbos are known for going into the mouth of the lion and making success there. We Igbos have gone deep into Yorubaland, deep into Hausa land, deep into Ibibio land and made success in those places. But it is in our own homeland of Biafra that someone thinks we can't make success? I laugh in Igbo

There is no going back on Biafra!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
Ioannes:

o ma se o. so u think it is Buhari that will give u guys referendum? keep waiting.

proof that he bribed the media

You just want me to keep educating you?
Go school abroad boy.
Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by ceaz4r(m): 5:29pm On Nov 15, 2015
Very intelligent response!
GOD Bless you, OP!!

Wish I could see you and have a drink with you and reason more on our Biafran project!

All Hail Biafra!!!
Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by Trut(m): 5:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
Okwugi kwu oto
Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by ceaz4r(m): 5:58pm On Nov 15, 2015
kingzizzy:
Whenever I see or hear an Igbo man talking about how advantageous it is to remain in Nigeria over having an independent homeland of Biafra, I feel like am looking at a pure bred morron. I recognise that everyone is entitled to their opinion and I do not expect all Igbos to be agree with Biafra. What I do not understand is why people who have the benefit of hindsight and are currently witnessing the immense economic and political suffering of the Igbos in the British contraption called Nigeria but is still excited about it. How is it that any sane person can look at Nigeria currently and retrospectively and say "Nigeria is the best thing to happen to Igbo"? We Igbos are known for going into the mouth of the lion and making success there. We Igbos have gone deep into Yorubaland, deep into Hausa land, deep into Ibibio land and made success in those places. But it is in our own homeland of Biafra that someone thinks we can't make success? I laugh in Igbo

There is no going back on Biafra!!!

I'm so with you there, brother!!
It beats my imagination too.

This could be likened to a scenario where some brothers find themselves as prison mates in a prison for a reason they are innocent of. Some brothers are fighting to leave the prison and go home and be free and chat their lives, but you find some other brothers saying, "No we don't stand a chance in our homes where we are free to live our lives, rather the prison is better".
Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by PedroJP(m): 6:03pm On Nov 15, 2015
God bless you Freedom4Biafra. Mere thought of nation building alone will create massive employment for us, how much more, when we might have relaxed to embark on industrialization in all facets of the society.

Seun, Lalasticlala, Afam, nature has a way of punishing hypocrites. Stand ur neutral ground and do to this post like u did to crazyman's post. Allow pple decide what is the truth to them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2015
PedroJP:
God bless you Freedom4Biafra. Mere thought of nation building alone will create massive employment for us, how much more, when we might have relaxed to embark on industrialization in all facets of the society.

Seun, Lalasticlala, Afam, nature has a way of punishing hypocrites. Stand ur neutral ground and do to this post like u did to crazyman's post. Allow pple decide what is the truth to them.

Thank you my brother.
Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by PedroJP(m): 6:28pm On Nov 15, 2015
Crazeman, you are right that Nigerians will remain Nigerians regards to attitude and love for corruption. But in Biafra our leaders can't enjoy such system cos Biafran system won't allow them such they easily get corrupted here now in Nigeria. The system will automatically kick corrupt pple out as there will be unity of purpose and all having same idealogy towards having an ideal society. Unlike here in Nigeria where any protest by a set of pple( ofcourse due to divergent ideologies, i don't think there has ever been a time the whole nation, if not a set, protested about a matter) will be termed anti government regards to tribe in power and tribe protesting. 100 yrs and counting and Nigeria is nothing to write home about. Let us try another way and see if we will see the light through that means, not just to keep believing it will get better when it's not showing any sign of it. Biafra will come whether u like it or not, and in it we will face whatever challenges and will come out victorious.

Ihe ana amaghi ka esi eme ya, ka esi eme ya di ( what u think is impossible to do, there must surely be a way to do it). That's the Biafran spirit from time immemorial. Keep ur fears for urself and Nigeria. Biafra or we sink with nonsense BritishNigeria.
Re: Re: Why Igbos Should Clamour For Biafra And Not Good Governance In Nigeria by frakdon(m): 8:54pm On Nov 24, 2015
That was, how I was listening, to I think splash FM ibadan, last week, and the man anchoring the morning programme "the biafran talk* or something like that, and the man was like is biafra what the igbos need now, comparing an IGBO BLOOD, to some other African country, he was like if the igbos had gotten biafra in the 60s, that we are be poorer than the countries he mentioned, but 1thing I always do, is just look and listen to them.....
Hmmm!

(1) (2) (Reply)

No More Queueing For Petrol In Abuja / Which State That Have Lagos Similarities In Nigeria? / Python Dance II: Villagers Slaughter Large Python To Mock The Military (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.