Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? (2317 Views)

Lady Denies Ex Of Life-Time Career Opportunity; Fakes Rejection Letter In Canada / Why Is It So Hard To Find A Caring, Supportive, Loving Boyfriend Nowadays? / What Has She Done To Deserve This Kind Of Rejection(picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by usermane(m): 11:22pm On Nov 13, 2015
In this thread I analyze the excuses that ladies present for not making the first move, explain why these are flimsy excuses and state the true reason why women do not make the first move or ask out men.
Without further ado, I will cut right to the chase. Ask an average woman what she thinks about asking men out and you can expect either of these two responses;

1. “Men are the ones to make the first move. Asking out men will put me out as desperate”

The last time I checked, a desperate person is one that is in such a dire and needy state that he will accept anything regardless of standard and consequences. Unless a woman is dying for attention of men and is asking out just any man she encounters without scrutinizing them, she cannot be regarded as desperate just for asking out specific one(s) among those whom she has met. I find it difficult to understand what is so desperate about a woman asking a man out when the same woman have no qualm in dressing provocatively to attract men. I am sorry but wearing cleavage revealing tops, tight or transparent outfit, wearing heavy makeup, bleaching cream, are desperate effort by a lot of these women get attention from men. Because women do not mind resorting to these desperate measures to get attention from men, it is cannot be true that these women‘s refusal to make the first move is borne out of wary of being seen as desperate.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by usermane(m): 11:23pm On Nov 13, 2015
2. “Asking out a man will make me look cheap, and men won’t appreciate a woman they find cheap”

Since when did being assertive and pursuing what one wants become cheap? To be cheap is actually going for options with the lowest cost, rather than the option that is best. Those women who give the above excuse cannot be taken serious because most of them take cheaper options in their dealings with men that approach them. For instance, they go on expensive dates, have all the fun and leave the man to handle the bills for food, drinks, transport e. t. c. Isn’t this cheap of these women? They are thrilled to parade themselves to clubs and parties granting them charge-free entry whilst men pay a whole lot to gain entry. Isn’t this cheap of these women? Only a brainwashed woman will regard asking out men or making the first move to be cheap, whereas demanding and collecting gifts (like N200 recharge cards) from men to be acceptable.

The truth is simple; as we can see, most women do not really care about what others think about them, whether they look cheap or desperate. So the above two excuses cannot be accepted as genuine reasons why they never make the first move.

The real reason why women do not make the first move or ask out men is because they are scared of rejection . Any other reason women give is false or a distant second to their fear of rejection. Unfortunately, as evident as this is, they seldom admit it. Personally, I have no problem with women bent on never making the first move. What I will not stand is the same women giving the aforementioned lame excuses without for once even admitting their fear of rejection. Not only is this dishonest, it is self denial.

Thank you for reading.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 13, 2015
OP, Be frank with Yourself... If a Girl approaches you "First" and Starts telling you Funny Stuffs, How will you feel? How will you assess the Girl?

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by amokeme(f): 11:35pm On Nov 13, 2015
Well not all guys are mentally mature to handle it done the other way.. so, don't blame the ladies.
And I don't think it's a "fear of rejection case" (at least not generally )
Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by DiegoNakel(m): 11:35pm On Nov 13, 2015
@OP Its called "GIRLS CODE"
Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by amokeme(f): 11:38pm On Nov 13, 2015
rexkexmilan:
OP, Be frank with Yourself... If a Girl approaches you "First" and Start teliing you Funny Stuffs, How will you feel? How will you assess the Girl?
I think you already know what his reply would be smiley
You don't expect him to be "frank"

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by yanabasee(m): 11:44pm On Nov 13, 2015
rexkexmilan:
OP, Be frank with Yourself... If a Girl approaches you "First" and Starts telling you Funny Stuffs, How will you feel? How will you assess the Girl?

Free punnnna!!! grin

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by donholy28(m): 11:54pm On Nov 13, 2015
I personally won't take any girl that approaches me first serious
Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by JudgementHammer: 12:15am On Nov 14, 2015
Op asking someone out means

-ure ready to spend for that person cus d person was on his/her own jeje b4 u asked him/her out

-ure ready to take d blame and bear the pain if the person misbehaves and walks out of the relationship. Afterall he/she didn't ask for it, u did

And I'm yet to see a woman who can do these 2 things properly and peacefully so its better she stays on her own and show appreciation when the man comes for her. Yet u'll still find some unappreciative ones

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by amokeme(f): 12:30am On Nov 14, 2015
JudgementHammer:

-ure ready to spend for [b][b]that[/b][/b] person cus d person was on his/her own jeje b4 u asked him/her out

-ure ready to take d blame and bear the pain if the person misbehaves and walks out of the relationship. Afterall he/she didn't ask for it, u did

And these are the least things a woman's nature can bear so its better she stays on her own and show appreciation when the man comes for her
it is a financialopportunity?
Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by JudgementHammer: 12:47am On Nov 14, 2015
amokeme:
it is a financialopportunity?
Well, that's the way ladies see it. Its an extortion routine 4 them

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by usermane(m): 1:12am On Nov 14, 2015
rexkexmilan:

OMG, youths of nowadays! If you didnt read and digest, why comment? The bone of contention in the OP is not women approaching men but women refusal to admit their fear of rejection. So, I see no reason for your question

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by usermane(m): 1:18am On Nov 14, 2015
amokeme:
Well not all guys are mentally mature to handle it done the other way.. so, don't blame the ladies.

Where in my post did I blame ladies for never making the first move? What my post dealt with all along is women's refusal to admit their fear of rejection and giving other excuse I consider lame for not making the first move.

And I don't think it's a "fear of rejection case" (at least not generally )

The whole article tried to explain why fear of rejection is the major if not the single cause. If you don't think it is, you owe the readers an explanation

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by usermane(m): 1:44am On Nov 14, 2015
JudgementHammer:

-ure ready to spend for that person cus d person was on his/her own jeje b4 u asked him/her out

And these are the least things a woman's nature can do or bear so its better she stays on her own and show appreciation when the man comes for her. Yet u'll still find some unappreciative ones

Again, my post misunderstood by another poster. It seem many people just can't read and digest simple English of under five hundred words. No where in my post did I question women for not making the first move. I consistently stuck with the objective:

To analyze the excuses that ladies present for not making the first move, explain why these are flimsy excuses and state the true reason why women do not make the first move or ask out men.

PS: I think you need to reconsider your stand on asking people out. You even claim to ask someone out is to taking the blame if the person misbehave in the relationship, this is astounding! You don't even have to spend on someone you ask out. You musn't ask them out to dinner or cinema. You could ask him/her to help you with some personal tasks, to play sports or a simple walk.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 14, 2015
It's not like we're scared of rejection.

Let's be frank. We are women, and with the right use of words and adequate body language, it would be near impossible for a guy to just turn us down.

The only reason why we steer clear of that is because the guy or most guys, are certain to take advantage of it.
Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by JudgementHammer: 7:13am On Nov 14, 2015
usermane:

Again, my post misunderstood by another poster. It seem many people just can't read and digest simple English of under five hundred words. No where in my post did I question women for not making the first move. I consistently stuck with the objective:

To analyze the excuses that ladies present for not making the first move, explain why these are flimsy excuses and state the true reason why women do not make the first move or ask out men.
You're simply confused. That you're good in analyzing english isn't any reason for you not to realize that reality and experiences inspire answers. Don't even know if you're a man or a woman. I just gave you 2-3 reasons why women don't don't make d 1st move and ask men out which u asked for(typed in simple english), and you can't recognize them
Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by Laveda(f): 7:14am On Nov 14, 2015
rexkexmilan:
Nice question.
I, Personally can't ask a guy out...with the way these Naija dudes see things? Hell No.
I'll rather make it obvious I like him than going ahead to ask him out....

Kinda funny though.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 14, 2015
Rejection kwa?? It's just most of naija guys mentality nw...if a girl approach them ehn....for their mind the will say"na so this bae cheap so"??
Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by czarr(m): 7:34am On Nov 14, 2015
I agree with the op jare grin
Forget talk,I told a girl "NO" I don't want!! grin

Person wey bin dey send me love messages,now
She hate me pass how Isis hate envangelist grin

And I no chop am ooo
Girls hate and fear rejection.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by czarr(m): 7:35am On Nov 14, 2015
I agree with the op jare grin
Forget talk,I told a girl "NO" I don't want!! grin

Person wey bin dey send me love messages,now
She hate me pass how Isis hate envangelist grin

And I no chop am ooo
Girls hate and fear rejection...
Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by usermane(m): 7:35am On Nov 14, 2015
Laveda:
Nice question.
I, Personally can't ask a guy out...with the way these Naija dudes see things? Hell No.
I'll rather make it obvious I like him than going ahead to ask him out....

Kinda funny though.

Read and digest the original post again. There is nothing good about rexkexmilan 's questions at all. His question is not relevant to the topic, I am analysing and proferring reasons why women don't make the first move and he comes here asking me how i will access a girl that ask me out?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by usermane(m): 7:42am On Nov 14, 2015
MzNelly:
It's not like we're scared of rejection.

Let's be frank. We are women, and with the right use of words and adequate body language, it would be near impossible for a guy to just turn us down.

You sure can bet your allowance on this?

The only reason why we steer clear of that is because the guy or most guys, are certain to take advantage of it

But guys that ask you out can certainly still take advantage of it. Which lead me to conclude that fear of rejection is the prime reason

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by missyadorable(f): 7:43am On Nov 14, 2015
Naija guy chases a woman for days to weeks to months and asks her out

When she accepts, especially after he has entered her "promised land".things change!

He starts seeing her as who.re,cheap sl.ut n her value reduces.just because she gave in to his advances

I "sorry" for the woman who goes all out to ask a man out

Am very sorry cos by the time he is done "chopping" and bashing her,her life will not remain the same.
Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by misspicy(f): 7:48am On Nov 14, 2015
usermane:

Where in my post did I blame ladies for never making the first move? What my post dealt with all along is women's refusal to admit their fear of rejection and giving other excuse I consider lame for not making the first move.

The whole article tried to explain why fear of rejection is the major if not the single cause. If you don't think it is, you owe the readers an explanation
i put it to u that you are very wrong because I for one am not afraid of been rejected if i make the first moves on a guy and i represent a percent of ladies and as you know as long as there are exceptions ur accessons does not hold water.........

those points you listed as excuses we give are actually the real reason,i have been dere and done dat,some guys still find it ridiculous when a girl ask them out,and don't even give me the they are immatured bullshit,i don't roll with kids, and you can see the comments some guys are dropping already,one said free punna...i tell you,it doesnt mean they are immature,it is just the way they are wired and d way our society see issues like that......

and for this mentality to change in Nigeria it will take a long time my dear,i still think some Nigerian men are confused,you don't want feminism yet you want women to ask you out.....i lol grin
Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by Laveda(f): 7:48am On Nov 14, 2015
usermane:

Read and digest the original post again. There is nothing good about rexkexmilan 's questions at all. His question is not relevant to the topic, I am,analysing and proferring reasons why women don't make the first move and he comes here asking me how i will access a girl that ask me out?
undecided you need to read your post again then.
Since when did being assertive and pursuing what one wants become cheap?
With this, then I think his question his relevant...maybe you should answer him.
Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 14, 2015
JudgementHammer:

You're simply confused. That you're good in analyzing english isn't any reason for you not to realize that reality and experiences inspire answers. Don't even know if you're a man or a woman. I just gave you 2-3 reasons why women don't don't make d 1st move and ask men out which u asked for(typed in simple english), and you can't recognize them
Don't mind the OP, He is a Confused Fellow.
Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by usermane(m): 7:49am On Nov 14, 2015
missyadorable:
Naija guy chases a woman for days to weeks to months and asks her out

When she accepts, especially after he has entered her "promised land".things change!

He starts seeing her as who.re,cheap sl.ut n her value reduces.just because she gave in to his advances

I "sorry" for the woman who goes all out to ask a man out

Am very sorry cos by the time he is done "chopping" and bashing her,her life will not remain the same.

I beg you to stop derailing the thread and address the bone of contention, Is fear of rejection not the prime factor witholding you or not? Forget about those women that ask out men.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 14, 2015
usermane:

You sure can bet your allowance on this?

But guys that ask you out can certainly still take advantage of it. Which lead me to conclude that fear of rejection is the prime reason

Fear of rejection isn't the primary reason. undecided
Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 14, 2015
MzNelly:

We are women, and with the right use of words and adequate body language, it would be near impossible for a guy to just turn us down.
Whoa! Hold your horses Nelly!
*said in my best southern drawl* cheesy
Are you suggesting that by uttering some words and wriggling your shoulders, you can bring any man down??
This is a testament to how far we've fallen guys. To think there was a time when women were forced to bow their heads in the presence of men angry

[size=1pt]Or was that in China? I forget tongue[/size]
Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by joseph1832(m): 8:06am On Nov 14, 2015
For me, any girl who ask me out deserve my fullest attention. There's nothing like being cheap there. I admire girls who even ask guys out. I see it as being brave and bold, and I love a girl who is bold and brave.

The guys who misbehave just because a girl ask them out are just immature. (In my opinion).

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 14, 2015
JimiCoker:

Whoa! Hold your horses Nelly!
*said in my best southern drawl* cheesy
Are you suggesting that by uttering some words and wriggling your shoulders, you can bring any man down??
This is a testament to how far we've fallen guys. To think there was a time when women were forced to bow their heads in the presence of men angry

[size=1pt]Or was that in China? I forget tongue[/size]

I'm not suggesting.
I speak the truth and you know this. tongue tongue
Re: Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 14, 2015
MzNelly:

I'm not suggesting.
I speak the truth and you know this. tongue tongue
Oya cum fall me. I dey wait wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Disadvantages Of Being Handsome [MUST READ] / Timetable For Sex. Boring Or Romantic. {my Experience} / Caption This Photo, Even The Lady In Green Is Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.