Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,975 members, 7,825,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries (15599 Views)

13 Political Parties Plan Merger / Soldiers Take Over Lagos, Many Wounded As Transport Workers Clash / Okupe Urges Governors To Sack Workers Over Cash Crunch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:35am On Nov 14, 2015
Aviation and transport workers have reacted to the merger of the Federal Ministry of Aviation with that of Transport with anxiety.

The Chairman of the Air Transport Services Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (ATSSAN), Comrade Benjamin Okewu told stakeholders at a Joint Consultative and Negotiating Council retreat in Abuja, yesterday that the merger would make the administration too cumbersome.

Okewu, therefore, expressed fears that effective service delivery in the aviation industry could suffer due to bureaucratic bottlenecks.

Speaking on the theme: “Managing Industry Challenges in an Emerging Economy: The Aviation Sector in Focus,” Com. Okewu said that in the light of the current developments, there was need to optimise the operations of the two ministries.

Aviation sector, he further argued, was a sector which should not be experimented with because of its global nature.

According to him, “We are all aware the world economy is going through challenges; the aviation industry is not left out so we are trying to see how we can exist with management even with this economic crunch.”

“Government should rather invest in modern equipment and put in technically sound personnel in both agencies and also strengthen the regulations to make the more effective.”

He however believed that the only constant thing was change.

“When there are changes the union leaders are built with the capacity to absorb the change and work in line with the change mantra for the benefit of all members,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/apprehension-grips-aviation-transport-workers-over-merger-of-ministries/

Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by Sarang(f): 3:41am On Nov 14, 2015
FTC 3rd time..

Still no show.
Exactly what do you people gain here or is nairaland cheating me?? undecided

Cc Seun. Lalasticala.

Prayers for Light as She undergoes Surgery.

2 Likes

Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by handie(m): 4:24am On Nov 14, 2015
And I say, fear not! For the lion of Ubima is in charge.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by malton: 4:43am On Nov 14, 2015
Change is constant.

Those who cannot adapt, fizzle out.

It's the survival of the fittest!

If you no fit, make way!

22 Likes

Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by PrettyClare7(f): 4:45am On Nov 14, 2015
Is he indirectly criticising the president's choice and decision? I don't blame him though. The poor man is scared amaechi may not understand the importance of his position to the country.

1 Like

Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by lasisi69(f): 12:33pm On Nov 14, 2015
End time
Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by NinaArsenal(f): 12:34pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ok. Next
Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by DoroMega: 12:34pm On Nov 14, 2015
If you are against say NAY and bring your resignation letter along...

Watch and be inspired https://www.nairaland.com/2736134/watch-inspired#40010287

2 Likes

Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by kennyman2000(m): 12:34pm On Nov 14, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 14, 2015
grin
Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by youngberry001(m): 12:35pm On Nov 14, 2015
am coming back for dis land
Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by okooloyun1(m): 12:35pm On Nov 14, 2015
Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by Sasuwa(f): 12:36pm On Nov 14, 2015
Nox
Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by Bobbystanley(m): 12:36pm On Nov 14, 2015
It's just the simple truth. But unfortunately it's a government of lies and propaganda.

A country where a dullard presides, It's the masses that suffer.

3 Likes

Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by Neduzze5(m): 12:36pm On Nov 14, 2015
They fear that the Judas of Ubima might equally betray them!!

7 Likes

Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by yomalex(m): 12:37pm On Nov 14, 2015
but why?
Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by stevenson007: 12:38pm On Nov 14, 2015
THE MERGE IS GOING TO MAKE THEM SERIOUS. BESIDES THEY NOW HAVE ONE HEAD..... AMAECHIIIIIII shocked
cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by youngberry001(m): 12:38pm On Nov 14, 2015
NinaArsenal:
Ok. Next
i like ya name baby wink
Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by hayorzzyzx(m): 12:38pm On Nov 14, 2015
MichaelSokoto:

He however believed that the only constant thing
was change

This what I need

GBAM!

Sai Baba

5 Likes

Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by naijamakossa(m): 12:38pm On Nov 14, 2015
over my living cock
Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by NinaArsenal(f): 12:39pm On Nov 14, 2015
youngberry001:
i like ya name baby wink
thank you

1 Like

Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by MrImole: 12:40pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ah!

Fear North!

*who cares to join me in searching for the period of "my soon to be ex gf."?*
Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by naijamakossa(m): 12:44pm On Nov 14, 2015
youngberry001:
i like ya name baby wink
go to romance section

2 Likes

Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by dazsolution(m): 12:45pm On Nov 14, 2015
What is he saying? That aviation is not under transportation? I'm patiently waiting for #THELEGENDOFTRANSPORTER

Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by youngberry001(m): 12:48pm On Nov 14, 2015
naijamakossa:
go to romance section
come push me go

1 Like

Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by kennyddonn(m): 12:48pm On Nov 14, 2015
amaechi will deliver...simple aaaah!!!!
Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by francisbiz: 12:49pm On Nov 14, 2015
LABOUR UNION LEADERS ARE THIEVES. HIS FEAR IS THE UNCERTAINTY OF HIS POSITION AS UNION RULER. EATING FAT ON THE MONTHLY CHECK-UP DUES OF WORKERS. THAT WAS WHERE OSHOMOLE GOT MONEY FOR HIS GUBA AMBITION.

1 Like

Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by engrshakespeare: 12:49pm On Nov 14, 2015
[quote author=wapmingle post=40010402]Video:- Landlord And Tenant Fighting Over Toilet Issues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_0sy5pHLMw

this is a fight between the landlord and tenant over toilet issues, the tenant was caught pouring soup inside the toilet, and guess wat? he was flogged by the landlord, unfortunetly for the landlord the tenant won the fight[/quote

Guy, grow up.
Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by naijamakossa(m): 12:51pm On Nov 14, 2015
youngberry001:
come push me go
are you seriouss?
Re: Apprehension Grips Aviation, Transport Workers Over Merger Of Ministries by tushburg(m): 12:55pm On Nov 14, 2015
Isalrite

(1) (2) (Reply)

Voters Casting Their Votes Into Sack Bags In Ulakwo Ward (Pics) / Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! / DSS DG Yusuf Bichi: Opposition Parties Summon Emergency Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.