Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry (12721 Views)

Northerners In NEPC Gang Up Against Segun Awolowo / MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday / MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by Abagworo(m): 8:33pm On May 21, 2009
@dasa.the militants can easily be defeated.the nigerian government has not declared war yet.if war is declared,both civilians and militants will be targetted like biafra.imagine where the whole ijawland is blocked with no aids coming in for 3 years.and the entire world will support the fg because mend are classified as terrorists for kidnapping americans,french,chinese,koreans and english for ransome.
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by texazzpete(m): 10:01pm On May 21, 2009
Greed and foolishness is the problem with the Niger Delta.
Look at lagos and see how the state governor is bringing progress and change to the state. How many State Governors in the Delta are doing the same? This is despite the fact that they collect the usual 13% derivation cash as well as the huge sums in taxes from the operating oil companies in the states. Yet there is little or no development to show for it.
I laugh at these simpletons who delude themselves into thinking that MEND Is fighting for the people. After so many years of 'struggle', what has millitancy done to help develop the state? All they have so far achieved is to provide a climate of fear, making people wary of investing in the region.

What did MEND do with the money they collected from that southwest state that they rigged the elections for the PDP governor? What did they do with the N200 million they were collecting monthly from the Bayelsa state government?
Are you aware that N200 million can sink 2,000 boreholes, providing potable water for hundreds of thousands of Bayelsans? And that's just one month!

In Lebanon, Hezbollah builds schools, houses, they run courts, they build roads, tar streets and perform civil obligations. The Tamil Tigers were similarly active. Hamas also ploughs back money into the society.

What does MEND do? NOTHING!

But i'm not surprised. A whole generation of ND youths have been trained to be blind. They've been trained to aim their ire at the multinational oil companies and the federal government. Meanwhile, they are too blind to notice that their Local government chairmen are doing NOTHING, and their Governors are idle too. That is where a lot of development is meant to come from!!#

Who am i kidding? these are the same people that gave Alams a hero's welcome after he stole N50 billion.
The irony is rich. The 'Governor General' of Ijaw Land stole enough money to build over 200,000 boreholes across the Ijaw nation. Yet they revere him.
C'est la vie. The people deserve their leaders.
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 21, 2009
texazzpete:

Look at lagos and see how the state governor is bringing progress and change to the state. How many State Governors in the Delta are doing the same? This is despite the fact that they collect the usual 13% derivation cash as well as the huge sums in taxes from the operating oil companies in the states. Yet there is little or no development to show for it.
I laugh at these simpletons who delude themselves into thinking that MEND Is fighting for the people. After so many years of 'struggle', what has millitancy done to help develop the state? All they have so far achieved is to provide a climate of fear, making people wary of investing in the region.

What did MEND do with the money they collected from that southwest state that they rigged the elections for the PDP governor? What did they do with the N200 million they were collecting monthly from the Bayelsa state government?
Are you aware that N200 million can sink 2,000 boreholes, providing potable water for hundreds of thousands of Bayelsans? And that's just one month!

In Lebanon, Hezbollah builds schools, houses, they run courts, they build roads, tar streets and perform civil obligations. The Tamil Tigers were similarly active. Hamas also ploughs back money into the society.

But i'm not surprised. A whole generation of ND youths have been trained to be blind. They've been trained to aim their ire at the multinational oil companies and the federal government. Meanwhile, they are too blind to notice that their Local government chairmen are doing NOTHING, and their Governors are idle too. That is where a lot of development is meant to come from!!#

Who am i kidding? these are the same people that gave Alams a hero's welcome after he stole N50 billion.
The irony is rich. The 'Governor General' of Ijaw Land stole enough money to build over 200,000 boreholes across the Ijaw nation. Yet they revere him.

spot on!!!!

it is what it is

you are totally right  . . . . .
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by naijaking1: 1:04am On May 22, 2009
Abagworo:

@babasoty.port harcourt is not riverine.na pure ikwerreland.in order not to engage in unneccessary argument visit this link and you will be ashamed.http://allafrica.com/stories/200812190067.html

Dis one na from the horses mouth.
This is how Igbos rob them dry in Baylsa, this is how they expect to build their state/country without hard work, this is Ijaw lazy ass and self destructive idealogy.
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by sosisi(f): 1:07am On May 22, 2009
I found out at the sites personally that more than 500 people working on the sites they were all non-Bayelsans. I asked if there was any Bayelsan, there was none and I was shocked. That was when I know we have a problem. Because no matter how much you tried to stimulate the economy it would fly over the Bayelsan because our youths won't work.

"I would give you another example - the community around Saipem protested that they were not being given jobs. We intervened and Saipem decided to give 70 quality jobs to boys from that community.

The community nominated people to go and work there and I was happy that through our intervention we were able to create the jobs. Later I saw one of the boys and questioned him why he is not at work.

"I later found out upon enquiry that he sold his space to an Igbo man for N40, 000 a month out of the N 70,000 he is being paid and that is what all of them did. They sold all their spaces to Igbo people. You would send Bayelsans for training through oil companies; they sell their spaces to Igbo people and those acquire the necessary skills.
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by naijaking1: 2:03am On May 22, 2009
So, an Igbo boy earns 70, 000 a month working in a position ought to have been occupied by an Ijawboy. At the end of the month, the Igbo boy pays 40,000 to the ijaw boy for doing nothing, nothing whatsoever grin
The Ijaw boy with his sense of superiority, entitlement, and or laziness goes on looking for easy and quick ways of making and milking money out of the system.
Meanwhile, he looses applicable technical skills that would have come from such jobs he had sold to his "Igbo slave friend.
The Igbos are not supposed to complain, they should not speak about such wickedness in the name of not disrespecting Ijaw people.
Thank God, their own governor is speaking out.
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by Strength10: 8:50am On May 22, 2009
if the riverine communities are no good i dont think your igbo brothers would be flooding port harcourt in their millions to milk us dry
[quote][/quote]

Because IGBOS own Rivers State and Port-Harcout. If you have problem with that, go become a militant like you block-head brothers, or jump into Bayelsa River.
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by Ibime(m): 9:24am On May 22, 2009
Yeah, lets blame Ijaws for their 'laziness' instead of focusing on issues that affect us all!

When these '70 jobs' are dished out, who do you think will 'win' the jobs, if not for thugs and militants who have better things to do. Why not give a Bakassi boy a N70,000 a month job, lets see if he will do it!. . . . . and this flimsy evidence is what you guys jump on to stigmatise a whole people. . . .

How many touts do we have in Igboland? Who are the Kings of kidnapping these days? Shebi last year "the Ijaws were the Kings of kidnapping"  as you so heartily congratulated yourselves. Lets not even go there. On a comparative basis, Ijaw does not fall short of any tribe in Naija when it comes to criminality. Abia State indigenes are complaining, and you guys are here picking logs in other people's eyes. . . .

texazzpete:

I would advise you to get the phock out of the Niger Delta with such a racist attitude. Despite the fact that you work there, you have the nerve to talk such rubbish. You have gone from castigating MEND (which is fair enough) to stigmatising Ijaw people. . . . . anything that suits your agenda! Just like the Igbo guys said on that Biafra thread, you are a tribalist buffoon. . . . yes, Ijaws deserve Alams (who rigged his way thoroughly into power). . . . .just like Yorubas deserve Segun Oni, Obasanjo, Adedibu and all other thugs that lead your people. Stupid buffoon!
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by ahf(m): 9:33am On May 22, 2009
A lot of true talk flying around this topic.

Dont blame the Igbo man for wanting to work for his money.

A lot of community slots for job opportunities go for sale for those wanting to work. (Welders, Drivers, Inspectors etc). Some of the boys claim the hard work exceeds the income so they would rather sell the slot.

Leaders with 13% derivation are struggling to make differences in the lives of their people and they are not been held responsible.

The Lagos State governor is making changes, but imagine if all past governors have done the same, the state would be far better than it is now. Let's hope he can do more. Imagine the opposition he got when dealing with Illegal Oshodi market, Apapa tanker drivers parking on roads, demolision of illegal structures, but the man has stood his ground. Love him or Hate him, he sticks to the rules and principles.

Donlad Duke did a good job by putting Calabar on the map, even if Tinapa has issues now.

Amaechi is trying to correct the wrong mindset that has dragged development backward. He has his flaws (we all do) but I like the man for been frank when he speaks.

Kudos to all the Governors trying to do their job (which is what we ask of them), Not celebration of their BIG WEALTH

A mindset change needs to occur - A lazy man might eat now but in the long run he is worse off.

The most shocking is why people from an area would kidnap and chase contracors paid to build infrastructure in their communities. - can this occur anywhere outside the Niger Delta? It's a terrible issue that can make one weep.
E.g. Julius Berger ran from the region after they couldnt cope. To be fair Setraco, RCC etc are still managing to do thier jobs. I salute them for that.

But be frank, as an investor would you put your money in the Niger Delta?

The people of the region need to fight for their identity now, before it is forever dented by these militancy issues. The Oil/Gas wont last forever, the education and infrastructure should be the desires for the region.

The people of the Niger Delta deserve more, the era of militancy wont fast track this but instead draw them backwards.

They need to check this lawlessness now !!
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by texazzpete(m): 10:05am On May 22, 2009
Ibime:

I would advise you to get the phock out of the Niger Delta with such a racist attitude. Despite the fact that you work there, you have the nerve to talk such rubbish. You have gone from castigating MEND (which is fair enough) to stigmatising Ijaw people. . . . . anything that suits your agenda! Just like the Igbo guys said on that Biafra thread, you are a tribalist buffoon. . . . yes, Ijaws deserve Alams (who rigged his way thoroughly into power). . . . .just like Yorubas deserve Segun Oni, Obasanjo, Adedibu and all other thugs that lead your people. Stupid buffoon!

Sorry, my dear retard, but i'm not Yoruba. In fact, i don't belong to any of the major tribes in this country.
I find it amusing that you failed to respond to any of the assertions in my response, instead choosing the easy route of mindless insults. Kindly tell the house the last thing that your local government chairman did for his people instead of resorting to insults!

It's funny how Nigerians are quick to pull out the 'tribalist' card when an unbiased opinion is offered on any topic. A few moronic South Easterners called me tribalistic for daring to suggest that the first coup may have had something to do with the subsequent violence in the north. Now here you are calling me tribalistic for stating my opinion that much of the development issues with the ND region would have been solved if only the people (including the leaders) were alive to their own responsibilities. Do i have to embrace your flawed point of view before i'm politically correct?

here you are supporting a thieving, terrorist group that (as the topic implies) has added a tribalistic slant to their agenda by trying to harm Northerners. Yet you have the nerve to accuse someone else of tribalism. You hypocrisy stinks.

Finally, every JSS1 student knows that Nigerians ALL belong to the Negroid race. So how can a supposedly educated person be calling me 'racist'?
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by kalipso(m): 10:27am On May 22, 2009
Its rather unfurtunate that a set of disgruntled elements are holding this nation to ransome. Enough is enough. I commend the nigerian Army for such a bold step. Keep it up, Sarkin Yaki,
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by ThinkRait: 10:28am On May 22, 2009
If texazzpete was the Army chief, he'd have bombed out the entire Niger Delta.
He knows what the issues are, but his hatred for people prevents him from thinking constructively.
Alams stole billions, Saminu Turaki stole billions, Joshua Dariye stole billions, Abacha stole trillions. Corruption is not a Niger Delta thing, it is a Nigerian thing.

I'm not in support of militancy neither am I in support of military brutality.

Lets think like human beings PLEASE.
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by Ibime(m): 10:30am On May 22, 2009
texazzpete:

Sorry, my dear retard, but i'm not Yoruba. In fact, i don't belong to any of the major tribes in this country.
I find it amusing that you failed to respond to any of the assertions in my response, instead choosing the easy route of mindless insults. Kindly tell the house the last thing that your local government chairman did for his people instead of resorting to insults!

It's funny how Nigerians are quick to pull out the 'tribalist' card when an unbiased opinion is offered on any topic. A few moronic South Easterners called me tribalistic for daring to suggest that the first coup may have had something to do with the subsequent violence in the north. Now here you are calling me tribalistic for stating my opinion that much of the development issues with the ND region would have been solved if only the people (including the leaders) were alive to their own responsibilities. Do i have to embrace your flawed point of view before i'm politically correct?

here you are supporting a thieving, terrorist group that (as the topic implies) has added a tribalistic slant to their agenda by trying to harm Northerners. Yet you have the nerve to accuse someone else of tribalism. You hypocrisy stinks.

Finally, every JSS1 student knows that Nigerians ALL belong to the Negroid race. So how can a supposedly educated person be calling me 'racist'?

Pray tell, where are you from?

Do you deserve your leader?

Is he supported by the people or 'inflicted' upon the people (by and large, except for Lagos and Edo States)

Is the leader celebrated when he walks the street? And who by? His lackeys and paid supporters mostly right?

So next time you open your stinking mouth to talk about people deserving their leaders and castigating people, consider the other 35 states who are going through the same predicament. What is more grating is that you are a direct recipient of Niger Delta's mineral wealth, yet you come here to talk rubbish about your host community.

When Odili was phocking up, we deserved Odili. Now Amaechi is doing good things, we don't deserve Amaechi?
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by JJYOU: 10:45am On May 22, 2009
ThinkRait:

He knows what the issues are, but his hatred for people prevents him from thinking constructively.
Alams stole billions, Saminu Turaki stole billions, Joshua Dariye stole billions, Abacha stole trillions. Corruption is not a Niger Delta thing, it is a Nigerian thing.

nigerians never learn. winning war is very easy it is winning peace we should be working on. the same people who violently rig elections all over nigeria sending in the army

who is nigerian army idiot i heard on the bbc saying he wants the body of his soldiers back at all cost. these same fools didnt volunteer to keep barkasi for us at all cost.

we are trying to right one injustice with another injustice. killing ken saro wiwa didnt stop instead it aggreviated the issue. let watch and see who writes the last chapter of this book.

i see nigeria beginning to sleep better.
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by Nobody: 11:08am On May 22, 2009

you should have been bold enough to tell us your tribe maybe then we would have known if your state is also not affected by the mentality of every governor wanting to loot his state treasury, for the ijaws hailing alamco, its better for a house thief to steal your money than a foreigner to. no one said mend is fighting for the niger deltans but due to the inefficiencies of both the federal and state government mend came to being and for the huge sums you claim oil firms pay in taxes please you better check the revenue sharing formula again, then you would know the federal government gets the highest share which they use to develop your place before the people that actually produce the oil, would you compare what alams stole to what babangida, abacha and their cohorts carted away or even obasanjo, if the federal government doesn't work quickly to ameliorate the plight of the niger deltans expect more criminal gangs who would wanna fight in the name of the niger delta people, the fact that an organization like mend exists should be a wake up call to the nigerian state that something is definitely wrong in the delta and please its not only the activities of mend that drives away foreign investments in nigeria, the activities of the yoruba masterminded 419 or yahozee and the igbo dominated armed robbery and 419 too has left a sour taste in the nigerian psyche, our re branding nigeria isn't because of mend and its activities but because of these funny traits not found in the niger delta region, you can go on and say niger deltans are lazy good, but what causes a man to want to defraud another man if not laziness and greed. what of armed robbery and ritual killing would u say thats the handiwork of a hardworking person, and for hizbollah and hamas thats one funny line. those organizations were formed out of the same needs like mend even if mend did derail, hezbollah has also derailed killing innocent israelis what about the tamil tigers, do you know they invented the suicide bombing what can justify that, do you know they murdered a great man live rajiv ghandi and use innocent civilians as human shields as for hamas please lets not talk about their criminality, all these organization too promote crime as a means to get more weapons and fund to achieve their goal, not that i justify kidnappings but tings have been going wrong in the niger delta and the government has been keeping a blind eye, the creation of mend is what happens when you let illegality run amok and deprivation run riot
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by chiozor: 11:22am On May 22, 2009
sometime it baffles me the way Nigerians talk and reason.
first what about the billions of naira which the respective state Government has been given, what have they done with it. these communities have senators and reps and have constutiency projects allocation, what have they done with it. if they have started any project with it, the government can then come in, we have NDDC, we have Niger-Delta Ministry, you have taxes from multinationals, what else do you want, if these billions are not there to develop the communities. the problem ND have is on their superiors not the Govt. what have they being able to achieve with the little they have before you talk of big ones. these guys has really taken more than enough and need to be given a big whip, they have lsot the public sympathy of Nigerian.
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by chiozor: 11:27am On May 22, 2009
first what about the billions of naira which the respective state Government has been given, what have they done with it. these communities have senators and reps and have constutiency projects allocation, what have they done with it. if they have started any project with it, the government can then come in, we have NDDC, we have Niger-Delta Ministry, you have taxes from multinationals, what else do you want, if these billions are not there to develop the communities. the problem ND have is on their superiors not the Govt. what have they being able to achieve with the little they have before you talk of big ones. these guys has really taken more than enough and need to be given a big whip, they have lsot the public sympathy of Nigerian.
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by Nobody: 11:29am On May 22, 2009

i believe you come from a sleaze free state right, and your leaders are also clean no corruption and looting of public funds, yes my people deserve what they get for making you go to school, feed your self and yan rubbish, if oil no dey u fro dey naija
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by georgecso(m): 11:38am On May 22, 2009
These Boys or Militants as they call themselves were given amnesty to give up their arms, stop militancy, oil bunkering, kidnapping and other criminal activities, yet they refused. The issue of the military clamping down on the militants is long overdue. Certain group of people cannot fight the government, it did not work out in Sri Lanka, Angola, Pakistan etc so l don't see the reason why this militants can hold over 140,000,000 people to ransom.
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by JJYOU: 11:41am On May 22, 2009
babasoty:

you should have been bold enough to tell us your tribe maybe then we would have known if your state is also not affected by the mentality of every governor wanting to loot his state treasury, for the ijaws hailing alamco, its better for a house thief to steal your money than a foreigner to. no one said mend is fighting for the niger deltans but due to the inefficiencies of both the federal and state government mend came to being and for the huge sums you claim oil firms pay in taxes please you better check the revenue sharing formula again, then you would know the federal government gets the highest share which they use to develop your place before the people that actually produce the oil, would you compare what alams stole to what babangida, abacha and their cohorts carted away or even obasanjo, if the federal government doesn't work quickly to ameliorate the plight of the niger deltans expect more criminal gangs who would wanna fight in the name of the niger delta people, the fact that an organization like mend exists should be a wake up call to the nigerian state that something is definitely wrong in the delta and please its not only the activities of mend that drives away foreign investments in nigeria, the activities of the yoruba masterminded 419 or yahozee and the igbo dominated armed robbery and 419 too has left a sour taste in the nigerian psyche, our re branding nigeria isn't because of mend and its activities but because of these funny traits not found in the niger delta region, you can go on and say niger deltans are lazy good, but what causes a man to want to defraud another man if not laziness and greed. what of armed robbery and ritual killing would u say thats the handiwork of a hardworking person, and for hizbollah and hamas thats one funny line. those organizations were formed out of the same needs like mend even if mend did derail, hezbollah has also derailed killing innocent israelis what about the tamil tigers, do you know they invented the suicide bombing what can justify that, do you know they murdered a great man live rajiv ghandi  and use innocent civilians as human shields as for hamas please lets not talk about their criminality, all these organization too promote crime as a means to get more weapons and fund to achieve their goal, not that i justify kidnappings but tings have been going wrong in the niger delta and the government has been keeping a blind eye, the creation of mend is what happens when you let illegality run amok and deprivation run riot  
the sad fact is most of you have never left the comfort of places like port harcourt and warri to the interiors to see  what your so called federal govt. reduced these places to.

it is so easy to sit behind computers and talk tribalistic  "ijaw man sold his job to ibo man for 40k" " they are all lazy" talk.  why did ibo man go there with his 40k in the first place or is that beyond asking on NL?

your tribes are suddenly the only hard working tribes in nigeria.

if you are not tribalistic and complacent you should be shouting [size=18pt]not in my name[/size] from your roof top because majority have benefited from tribalistic injustice too long.

we are not the only nation blessed with mineral resources we are however champions at foolishness turning blessings into curses.  

world oil prices is going down, the west is quietly looking for alternative source of energy the foolish theives that are your tribal elders have not addressed how they willl survive you lot are here justifying evil.  shame on nigeria on a day like this.
chiozor:

when war and violence erupt in your backyards because you justified it in others backyards i hope you feel what these helpless people are feeling now because you people are tribal.

i never knew i would see a day an ibo man having lived through one war can justify any war.  obviously being nigerian is never learning.
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by otokx(m): 11:44am On May 22, 2009
Did the killings at odi stop the militants? the nigerian army should do their home work properly.
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by texazzpete(m): 12:59pm On May 22, 2009
babasoty:

you should have been bold enough to tell us your tribe maybe then we would have known if your state is also not affected by the mentality of every governor wanting to loot his state treasury, for the ijaws hailing alamco, its better for a house thief to steal your money than a foreigner to. no one said mend is fighting for the niger deltans but due to the inefficiencies of both the federal and state government mend came to being and for the huge sums you claim oil firms pay in taxes please you better check the revenue sharing formula again, then you would know the federal government gets the highest share which they use to develop your place before the people that actually produce the oil, would you compare what alams stole to what babangida, abacha and their cohorts carted away or even obasanjo, if the federal government doesn't work quickly to ameliorate the plight of the niger deltans expect more criminal gangs who would wanna fight in the name of the niger delta people, the fact that an organization like mend exists should be a wake up call to the nigerian state that something is definitely wrong in the delta and please its not only the activities of mend that drives away foreign investments in nigeria, the activities of the yoruba masterminded 419 or yahozee and the igbo dominated armed robbery and 419 too has left a sour taste in the nigerian psyche, our re branding nigeria isn't because of mend and its activities but because of these funny traits not found in the niger delta region, you can go on and say niger deltans are lazy good, but what causes a man to want to defraud another man if not laziness and greed. what of armed robbery and ritual killing would u say thats the handiwork of a hardworking person, and for hizbollah and hamas thats one funny line. those organizations were formed out of the same needs like mend even if mend did derail, hezbollah has also derailed killing innocent israelis what about the tamil tigers, do you know they invented the suicide bombing what can justify that, do you know they murdered a great man live rajiv ghandi  and use innocent civilians as human shields as for hamas please lets not talk about their criminality, all these organization too promote crime as a means to get more weapons and fund to achieve their goal, not that i justify kidnappings but tings have been going wrong in the niger delta and the government has been keeping a blind eye, the creation of mend is what happens when you let illegality run amok and deprivation run riot  

I'm from Edo state. And you'll find it hard to see someone from that state singing Lucky Igbinedion's praises. As soon as Lucky got out, guess what the electorate did? They kicked out the PDP with their vote! Even when Oshiomhole was rigged out initially, you should have seen the riots that broke out. That is common knowledge and i digress.

There's no reason to be so antsy. I never said ALL Niger Deltans are greedy or lazy. I said greed and laziness is the problem in that region. Please, you and Ibime should take time to reflect on the difference between these statements. FWIW, Edo State is also part of the Niger Delta.

You failed to appreciate the point i made about Hezbollah et al. I've always been a strong critic of such terrorist movements, but the point i was trying to make was that they at least have some credibility when it comes to fighting for their people. I tried to point out a conscious effort at improving the lives of the people, and not overt self-enrichment like the MEND chieftains exhibit.

I made no attempt to speak about foreign investments in Nigeria, only in the Niger Delta. And in that region, the insecurity is the biggest barrier to progress.
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by udezue(m): 1:19pm On May 22, 2009
The last time I checked Edo produces no drop of oil. Am I wrong?

Sapele
Leave Igbos out of your madness. The last time i checked ur stupid leaders sold your region to the North not Igbos. Enahoro and co were all against the Aburi Accord but now the fool is advocating the same arrangement. Adaka and Saro wiwa all wined and dined with the North and West and got mercilessly used, dumped and evaporated by Nigeria not Igbos. Wiwa even apologized for the shameful role he played against his own region during the war at Ohanaeze meeting in Enugu before he was killed and had acid poured on him by Nigerian army. Igbos had no hand in it. The last time I checked Ijaw men also own oil blocks and are making a living with it so what crap are u talking about?

There are many Igbos who will like to get more involved in this matter but the Ijaw leaders in particular have proven time to time to be wishy washy and will dine with the enemy for short term gains. The lack maturity your leaders exhibit makes it harder for the rest of the East, Igbos, Ibibios, Efiks, etc to really want to invest their own energy only to be betrayed and abandoned once it gets too tough. Biafra is a good lesson.
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by texazzpete(m): 1:23pm On May 22, 2009
ThinkRait:

So expressing my own opinion = hatred of people, abi?
If i was the Army chief, the Nigerian army would be a lot more professional than it is. And i too would have dealt decisively with this latest affront from the millitants. What other choice would i have, with millitants killing JTF forces just out doing their job. Do you think these dead JTF don't have families? or loved ones?

Even when CNN was reporting on the war in Sri Lanka, they made sure they inserted a disclaimer to any news from the warfront, stating the sources and the possibility of the information being tainted with propaganda. Here i see people swallowing EVERY report from the MEND propaganda machine with reckless abandon. It's always a good call to confirm from unimpeachable sources before screaming  genocide.

ThinkRait:

I tried to make a point that the people of the area have not done enough to hold their leaders responsible and accountable for the lack of development, and you respond with this?!! You truly disappoint me.
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by JJYOU: 1:30pm On May 22, 2009
texazzpete:

So expressing my own opinion = hatred of people, abi?
If i was the Army chief, the Nigerian army would be a lot more professional than it is. And i too would have dealt decisively with this latest affront from the millitants. What other choice would i have, with millitants killing JTF forces just out doing their job. Do you think these dead JTF don't have families? or loved ones?

Even when CNN was reporting on the war in Sri Lanka, they made sure they inserted a disclaimer to any news from the warfront, stating the sources and the possibility of the information being tainted with propaganda. Here i see people swallowing EVERY report from the MEND propaganda machine with reckless abandon. It's always a good call to confirm from unimpeachable sources before screaming  genocide.

I tried to make a point that the people of the area have not done enough to hold their leaders responsible and accountable for the lack of development, and you respond with this?!! You truly disappoint me.

oga where are you from and how do you hold your leaders accountable in your area of naija?
udezue:

The last time I checked Edo produces no drop of oil. Am I wrong?  [size=38pt]VERY WRONG[/size]

You people sit in your areas and begin to let your fingers run riot like you know everything
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by jimmysho(m): 1:45pm On May 22, 2009
all those men that believe in war against the "militant" should go and sit down.

u are all crying foul as if u are unaware of the criminality of Nigeria nation to that region in the past .
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 22, 2009
On discuss like this, it pretty difficult for one's comment not to be misconstrued.

Let me share a sad personal experience with you:

Two months ago, a very senior and highly experience captain onboard a vessel in my company's fleet was barbarically murdered by the so called millitants criminals in the chanoumi creek in the Delta. His offence?, he did not hoist the millitant "republic" flag on the Nigerian flagged vessel in Nigerian territorial waters.

Here is a perfect elderly gentleman (ironically from N/D) with so many people depending on him for their livelihood brutally cut down all in the name of militancy by mere criminals.

The criminals of the Delta have long hide behind genuine demands of the people to commit all sort of atrocities and daring the sovereignty of the Nigeria Nation and if the ongoing military campaign can halt this descent to anarchy, so let it be.

Please let not becloud this issue with tribal sentiment.
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by ThinkRait: 2:27pm On May 22, 2009
texazzpete:

You made ur point, Yes. But the generalisation was uncalled for.
You said foolishness and greed is the ND problem as if Greed is not every human being's problem.
Foolishness on whose part?
How many Nigerians have been able to hold their governors responsible.

Stop castigating all Niger Deltans. Face the facts. Period!!!!!!
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by texazzpete(m): 2:30pm On May 22, 2009
JJYOU:

oga where are you from and how do you hold your leaders accountable in your area of naija?

Learn to read. The information is on this page.
I don't live or work in my state, and yes, i hold the leaders in that state (specifically the ex-governor Lucky Igbinedion) responsible for the rot and lack of development in the state, NOT the federal government.
99% of people in Edo state will tell you that they blame Lucky Igbinedion for the present situation in the state, they'll tell you he stole the state resources and is perhaps the worst governor EVER in Nigeria.
What they won't do is praise and fete him at every occasion. What they did was to make his party (PDP) pay for leaving them in the hands of such a miscreant. THEY VOTED PDP OUT!! and they stood by that mandate even when it was stolen.

Does that answer your question?
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by ThinkRait: 2:41pm On May 22, 2009
texazzpete:

I don't live or work in my state, and yes, i hold the leaders in that state (specifically the ex-governor Lucky Igbinedion) responsible for the rot and lack of development in the state, NOT the federal government.
99% of people in Edo state will tell you that they blame Lucky Igbinedion for the present situation in the state, they'll tell you he stole the state resources and is perhaps the worst governor EVER in Nigeria.
What they won't do is praise and fete him at every occasion. What they did was to make his party (PDP) pay for leaving them in the hands of such a miscreant. THEY VOTED PDP OUT!! and they stood by that mandate even when it was stolen.

Igbinedion served TWO full terms. Now he is enjoying his loot.
Do u call that "Holding him responsible"?
Texazzpete, u dey very funny!
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by Ibime(m): 2:51pm On May 22, 2009
texazzpete:

Yeah, Edoites are such wonderful people. Their genetic make-up abhors laziness and incompetence. . . . all those Esans, Bini's, Akoko's, Esako's, Owans and the other 100 tribes that inhabit the state. . . . there must be something in their genetic make-up to make them stand-up guys. . . .

My friend sharrap!. . . . . the only reason Edo State made a stand is because gangster (PDP) met gangster (trade-union) and gangster won. . . . Oshiomhole is a stand-up guy. . . . just like Amaechi. . . . if Oshiomhole was not a gangster himself, you would not be telling us these fanciful stories of Edo people standing up for their right. . . .

Is this the same Edo State we used to laugh at in the 1990's because they were the no 1 Armed Robbers and prostitutes in Nigeria. Those who've been stigmatised should know better than to stigmatize others.
Re: War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry by biina: 2:54pm On May 22, 2009
For those screaming injustice, what would you have the FG do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Tinubu's Phone Number / Baby Hanifa: Orji Kalu Expresses Sadness Says Culprits Must Face The Law / Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.