Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) (29691 Views)

How Tramadol Nearly Made Me Impotent / UCH Ibadan Labelled Death Trap After Lady Died Due To Alleged Negligence / How My Only Child Was Killed By Doctor's Negligence - #JusticeForTobi {Pics} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by DOCTORDONE: 4:58pm On Nov 14, 2015
Take heart
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by kay5you: 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2015
klbakare:

lautech teaching hospital is nothing near the best... Check my profile and read my experience with an achilles tendon injury. That is just the more recent one. Nigerian doctors and health care system are the reason why so many people troop to churches and spiritual healing homes in search of healing. Those guys fail too many times at cheap procedures
I have gone through the post in ur profile and I still can't figure out why you are blaming the teaching hospital.

3 Likes

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by helpee(m): 5:11pm On Nov 14, 2015
Tshaphilo:
if u do not ve any positive post Pls don't type. My neighbor lost d wife yesterday because of d negligence of a doctor. Now d husband is crying like a Woman. l pray u don't fall into d hands of these "strike Doctors" or my Mama/papa say make I b doctor. Just appreciate God for good health
sorry for the loss but it is not every patient that dies from the negligence of a doctor. That your friend is weeping doesnt make the doctor guilty. This man is accusing a single doctor for failure to remove his catheter for six days in a teaching hospital that would have had up to six or more different doctors during that period. please, always reason well. A teaching hospital will have a house officer on call, a registrar, a senior registar and a consultant in charge of the case. Even nurses can remove catheter if need be cos they only need to deflate it and remove it. so a single super doctor refused to remove the catether for six days and every other staff refused cos he refused to bribe the super doctor. Nigerians and their mob mentality. na wah o

3 Likes

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Amok(m): 5:26pm On Nov 14, 2015
Wonder how d inability to achieve and maintain an "attention" affected his butcher business..Just thinking out loud
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by ibedun: 6:56pm On Nov 14, 2015
Amok:
Wonder how d inability to achieve and maintain an "attention" affected his butcher business..Just thinking out loud

Psychological pain my brother.
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by bummyla(m): 7:10pm On Nov 14, 2015
What Kind Of Wickedness Is This! Government Abeg Do Something About This! Help The Poor Man! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by sammieee(m): 7:25pm On Nov 14, 2015
Alexyswiss:
The man is a fool...and is dumb :-/

how can he not accept the doctor's request first then they talk later..

he took money more important than his health to the extent of arguing with the doc.

smh...

i guess if he had the money he would have paid it. But for the Doctor, it's not right. If this is true, the doctor must be jailed. Why can't he (doctor) produce a receipt for the man if it is legal
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Chibuzzz(m): 7:48pm On Nov 14, 2015
Nigeria medical doctor are wicked corruption at work
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by klbakare(m): 8:39pm On Nov 14, 2015
kay5you:

I have gone through the post in ur profile and I still can't figure out why you are blaming the teaching hospital.

well, as you have demanded some explanations, i will give it to you. At about 10 weeks i was finally able to see them at orthorpaedic, the surgeon prescribed one month of complete rest. Which i obliged. Eventually, that rest led to calf muscle wasting(muscle atrophy). That wasted muscle further worsened my limp during walking as there was no sufficient strength at push off. The norm was for him to refer me to physiotheraphy so that i can do eccentric exercises. The subsequent docs after one month of rest finally ordered for ultra sound scan and i was refered to physio. At physio during my second visit the female doc said we should do concentric exercises instead of eccentric. I told her about what i had read in various medical journals, that eccentric exercises were more appropriate. She insisted we did concentric exercises, in this case toe raises. The next day, the maximum point of tenderness in my non insertional achilles tendinitis became further swollen, it was so bad i could almost not walk. So what will you say about that. My experience with them continues but let me take a pause here...ask questions and i will tell you more about how my girlfriend went to GOPD and the doc she saw was busy typing all her complaints into google on a laptop right in front of him.

1 Like

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by free2ryhme: 8:41pm On Nov 14, 2015
EggPlant:
The man is just ranting, looking for people to blame for his financial & marital problems.

You are a disgrace

Did you read at all?

“My appendix was removed without incident, the operation was successfully completed at about 6.30pm, and around 11pm that same night, I was already up and moving around. Shortly aftewards, the doctor (name withheld) who carried out the appendectomy approached me for payment.

“I was surprised because I had already settled my bills at the pay point of the hospital before the procedure, but the doctor insisted I had to give him ‘something’, so I asked if I would get a receipt. He answered in the negative and, in turn, I refused to give in and an argument ensued.”

Abandoned catheter

Sodiq noted that for several hours after he was taken to the ward to recuperate, the catheter that was affixed to his private part to aid passage of urine post surgery was yet to be removed.

From information I gathered, the catheter ought to have been removed within 24-48 hours of the operation, but when I was in pains in my private part, I called the doctor’s attention to the development, but I was shocked when he told me point blank that I would only be attended to when I was ready to accede to his request.

“His unwillingness to attend to me resulted to the catheter remaining in my body for as long as 144 hours. It was only after my private part had become swollen, bleeding and fluid coming out that the catheter was removed
Now, I urinate with great discomfort. I am always feeling a peppery sensation in my urethra, worse still, I am unable to have an Attention. These were not complications of the surgery, but consequences of negligence.

Corruption cost this man his manhood.

And under the Doctors creed saving lives is paramount
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by happney65: 8:54pm On Nov 14, 2015
The Guy sef take Selfie.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Missmossy(f): 9:21pm On Nov 14, 2015
Chai!!!

This is terrible.
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by 0gbeni(m): 9:27pm On Nov 14, 2015
Nigerians and their mob mentality, man is just looking for a handout, no self-respecting doctor will demand for money from a px in a public hospitals, how much can these pxs give a doctor anyway? and btw some pxs in urology carry their catheters for as long as 3weeks without any problems, so the 144 hour tale is utter balderdash
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by cruzyteejay(m): 9:45pm On Nov 14, 2015
Alexyswiss:

I'm not defending the doctor...No..

all I'm saying is that he contributed to his demise..
for not applying wisdom

he applied the best wisdom bro,the doctor is just wicked,imagine going for checkup at a hospital and the doc that will give you the result now gave you a wrong one(intentionally)hoping to take another token for the real result,and later he approach you at the doorway and demand for another payment for what you are completely ignorant of,now what's the best wisdom to apply there?,its a NO because you obviously dnt know his motive for demanding the money and i strongly believe that you will not give it to him either,had it been that he told the man his motive then the man will apply what you said,i mean save his life first before melting it out with them,but in this case he never knew

2 Likes

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by BABANGBALI: 10:14pm On Nov 14, 2015
alfa no wan let go of toto even after 5 shedrens grin grin grin
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 14, 2015
embarassed
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by bukolajegede(f): 11:10pm On Nov 14, 2015
Please read this and take everything I say seriously. I know this patient because I was called to see him after d surgery in A&E .

He is a liar and a good one indeed. To start with, appendectomy is a registrar (lowest ranked resident doctors) procedure, but his own was done by one of the best youngest general surgeon in the country (he was the best candidate in both colleges for part ii if you know what I mean) because it was a complicated appendicitis (thus the urethral catheterization).

As per the money ,it was for surgical materials which were not included in the surgical pack patients pay for noteworthy is antibiotics and sutures. Infact , the money he was talking about was for suture materials used for his surgery which were provided for him by the consultant before the operation. Even though he refused paying the money he was seen everyday (doctors must see and document on their patient everyday from intern pre-round , reg ward round , Sr round and consultant usually once a week ) before he was dicharged .

The catheter was removed after 24hrs of surgery as it was documented in the post op order and was promptly removed by the house officer in charge . Most of the claims of this man are mere confabulations. the hospital management had set up a panel on his issue , himself , his lawyer and the consultant involved.

After critical examinination of the case file and the patient himself they discovered that he has no case to present because the stricture he came down with is likely to be due to background urethritis which he didn't disclose to his doctor initially.

He has gone to parrot FM(a radio station in Ogbomoso to blackmail the surgical team and the hospital) all to no avail because the consultant has engaged the station on legal battle for defirmation of character and they have stopped airing the nonsense, now it is vangaurd . The 1st time I saw this man post op during one of my A&E calls, I could tell a bit of his personality( fanatics, ingrate) . He has deprived other poor patient of a lots of benefits. Oga doesn't gives his suture out again now until u pay. This is a man who raised over 80k for patent in need of a major surgery, he does persuade us his residents to donate blood and cash for patients. Mr butcher the right thing to do is to seek a redress in the court of law and not blackmailing the hospital and doctors .we have to examine issues very critally before typing comments.

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by malikisah: 11:14pm On Nov 14, 2015
Oruemu:
I don't want to start thinking this is a new way of begging money from the community all in the name HELP, or what compensation is he seeking?
and u claim to be educated!
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by klbakare(m): 12:16am On Nov 15, 2015
bukolajegede:
Please read this and take everything I say seriously. I know this patient because I was called to see him after d surgery in A&E .

He is a liar and a good one indeed. To start with, appendectomy is a registrar (lowest ranked resident doctors) procedure, but his own was done by one of the best youngest general surgeon in the country (he was the best candidate in both colleges for part ii if you know what I mean) because it was a complicated appendicitis (thus the urethral catheterization).

As per the money ,it was for surgical materials which were not included in the surgical pack patients pay for noteworthy is antibiotics and sutures. Infact , the money he was talking about was for suture materials used for his surgery which were provided for him by the consultant before the operation. Even though he refused paying the money he was seen everyday (doctors must see and document on their patient everyday from intern pre-round , reg ward round , Sr round and consultant usually once a week ) before he was dicharged .

The catheter was removed after 24hrs of surgery as it was documented in the post op order and was promptly removed by the house officer in charge . Most of the claims of this man are mere confabulations. the hospital management had set up a panel on his issue , himself , his lawyer and the consultant involved.

After critical examinination of the case file and the patient himself they discovered that he has no case to present because the stricture he came down with is likely to be due to background urethritis which he didn't disclose to his doctor initially.

He has gone to parrot FM(a radio station in Ogbomoso to blackmail the surgical team and the hospital) all to no avail because the consultant has engaged the station on legal battle for defirmation of character and they have stopped airing the nonsense, now it is vangaurd . The 1st time I saw this man post op during one of my A&E calls, I could tell a bit of his personality( fanatics, ingrate) . He has deprived other poor patient of a lots of benefits. Oga doesn't gives his suture out again now until u pay. This is a man who raised over 80k for patent in need of a major surgery, he does persuade us his residents to donate blood and cash for patients. Mr butcher the right thing to do is to seek a redress in the court of law and not blackmailing the hospital and doctors .we have to examine issues very critally before typing comments.

Thanks

it doesn't change the fact that you guys show utmost negligence to your duty including your superiors. Can you explain to everybody here on nairaland that you people at your general outpatient department (GOPD) usually go for a break between 12-3pm daily? And during these three hours break, your people will not attend to any patient? Can you explain to everybody here on nairaland that there are incompetent students/consultants seeing people at the GOPD and giving wrong medications? Can you explain to everyone here on nairaland that your doctors are habitual late comers who will never start consultation by 9am? Can you explain to everybody here that the break between 12pm-3pm is not the only break you guys take daily? Only very few of them are actually competent and before you are fortunate to see those ones, you must have gone to MFM to pray serious deliverance prayers.i was at opthamology for 3hrs sometime ago without beeing able to see any doctor, no patient was attended to. I was furious and looked for where to report and the guys at the gate directed me to one woman, i guess the head of the whole nursing department. She apologised and called the nursing sub head at the eye clinic to find out why there were no docs attending to us. The nurse said that the docs had an emergency. But the intelligent question she asked was that "could it be that all the docs at the opthal dept were attending to the emergency" this head nurse apologised and promised to relay my frustrations to the head doctor at their meeting point. The only set of people who function efffectively at the lautech teaching hospital are the NURSES. "Majority of you doctors here in Nigeria have no business beeing doctors"

1 Like

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by NovusHomo(m): 1:39am On Nov 15, 2015
viviangist:
By Sola Ogundipe

* Petitions Osun State Governor

* Seeks redress from LAUTECH

Posted By Vivian Gist

source http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/how-doctors-negligence-made-me-impotent/

If the story is true, the doctor should be castrated. That's all. grin
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by blazers007: 2:04am On Nov 15, 2015
Govt Doctors and Nurses can be nonchalant atimes ehn!!! The doc\surgeon in questn needs to be sanctioned if found guilty.

But see this man o; imagine a butcher still looking forward to father more children having fathered 5 already...SMH

Nonetheless, I pray 4 d restoration of his manhood; at least to stop d wife 4rm playing away games.
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Nyceguy92: 2:39am On Nov 15, 2015
[quote author=viviangist post=40001908]

This story does not gel to me at all.

I don't see how a mere urinary catheter can cause all the loss of function the complainant is claiming.

In fact, a catheter can be left in place for weeks without a problem.

One thing that can cause the pain during urination is infection, which antibiotics can handle.

Poor erection and inability to jog and play tennis can hardly be attributed to the effects of a urinary catheter.

Someone is trying to make easy money here.
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by binladen(m): 7:52am On Nov 15, 2015
Most Nigerians think every male at hospital is a doctor ,every female working in the hospital is a nurse. Fellow Nigerians seeing stethoscope or wearing of white coat in any hospital does not make that person a doctor or a nurse. You have right to ask for prove of qualification
At least some areas in Ogun state ilese health tech students and graduates parade themselves as doctors, male nurses parade themselves as doctors. Nigeria Dentists also do cs,appendectomy, and other surgries Beware!!! Too many fake doctors in Nigeria. True Health care is not cheap
Every church now have maternity clinics for deliveries yet their pastor's wife register and give birth at the hospital ....lots of mismanagement...please pregnant women the church or mosque is not a place for antenatal or delivery ..but a place for prayers and worship ..the bitter truth is that private hospitals make more money thru cs by partnership with this maternity homes at the expense of your life...

1 Like

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by kay5you: 8:51am On Nov 15, 2015
bukolajegede:

Thanks
[b]
bukolajegede:

Thanks
[/b]
bukolajegede:

Thanks
God bless you for this piece

1 Like

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by billyG(m): 11:07am On Nov 15, 2015
After 5 children yu still want 2 puck & populate this Broke kun3,it is high time nigeria imposed 2 child policy,or #5milln4castration,vesectomy or tubal ligation or hysterectomy.
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by bukolajegede(f): 11:59am On Nov 15, 2015
I quote author=klbakare post=40030312]

it doesn't change the fact that you guys show utmost negligence to your duty including your superiors. Can you explain to everybody here on nairaland that you people at your general outpatient department (GOPD) usually go for a break between 12-3pm daily? And during these three hours break, your people will not attend to any patient? Can you explain to everybody here on nairaland that there are incompetent students/consultants seeing people at the GOPD and giving wrong medications? Can you explain to everyone here on nairaland that your doctors are habitual late comers who will never start consultation by 9am? Can you explain to everybody here that the break between 12pm-3pm is not the only break you guys take daily? Only very few of them are actually competent and before you are fortunate to see those ones, you must have gone to MFM to pray serious deliverance prayers.i was at opthamology for 3hrs sometime ago without beeing able to see any doctor, no patient was attended to. I was furious and looked for where to report and the guys at the gate directed me to one woman, i guess the head of the whole nursing department. She apologised and called the nursing sub head at the eye clinic to find out why there were no docs attending to us. The nurse said that the docs had an emergency. But the intelligent question she asked was that "could it be that all the docs at the opthal dept were attending to the emergency" this head nurse apologised and promised to relay my frustrations to the head doctor at their meeting point. The only set of people who function efffectively at the lautech teaching hospital are the NURSES. "Majority of you doctors here in Nigeria have no business beeing doctors"[/quote]

Thank u so much for all the questions u put forward ,though I'm not a general practitioner (doctors in GOPD), I can still answer u reasonably well.

Teaching hospitals serve 2 impt functions among others :-) to tran specialist(medical students, residents, nurses researchers etc) and to take care of patient. I don't no of other department, but in surgery 8am-9am is mainly for academic(presentation, case review etc, every working day).

I believe is alike in other dept. Thus u might not be able to see any doctor between these hours except of course in the phase of emergencies. These cases review sometimes extend beyond 9am in these cases a well trained doctor will explain to the wiating patient that the program is to actually correct mistakes and make us better(I'm sure a reasonable person won't for any reason kick against this) and of course we do appologise . I'm not aware if the 12noon -3pm break .

Any break that is not approved of the hospital management is illegal. however 2 things could be the case here, it could be on a Friday(emergencies are not seen in the GOPD) for Jumat prayer, not sure such break exist though, or there is an interesting emergency case for residents teaching, in which case all cold cases will be put to halt because one might not see another one in the course of ones training again. here also patient should be carried along.

I beg to disagree with on incompetent doctors see patient in the teaching hospital, u could have gone to a wrong person who parades him or herself as a doctor not every one on ward coat and steth are doctors, it should be noted however that bulk of doctors in the teaching hospital are resident( check the meaning in the original post) . It is impt to say emphatically that not all doctors are committed to their duties, but I must say that of them majority put in their very best
thanks once again

2 Likes

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by bukolajegede(f): 12:03pm On Nov 15, 2015
malikisah:
and u claim to be educated!

"it doesn't change the fact that you guys show utmost negligence to your duty including your superiors. Can you explain to everybody here on nairaland that you people at your general outpatient department (GOPD) usually go for a break between 12-3pm daily? And during these three hours break, your people will not attend to any patient? Can you explain to everybody here on nairaland that there are incompetent students/consultants seeing people at the GOPD and giving wrong medications? Can you explain to everyone here on nairaland that your doctors are habitual late comers who will never start consultation by 9am? Can you explain to everybody here that the break between 12pm-3pm is not the only break you guys take daily? Only very few of them are actually competent and before you are fortunate to see those ones, you must have gone to MFM to pray serious deliverance prayers.i was at opthamology for 3hrs sometime ago without beeing able to see any doctor, no patient was attended to. I was furious and looked for where to report and the guys at the gate directed me to one woman, i guess the head of the whole nursing department. She apologised and called the nursing sub head at the eye clinic to find out why there were no docs attending to us. The nurse said that the docs had an emergency. But the intelligent question she asked was that "could it be that all the docs at the opthal dept were attending to the emergency" this head nurse apologised and promised to relay my frustrations to the head doctor at their meeting point. The only set of people who function efffectively at the lautech teaching hospital are the NURSES. "Majority of you doctors here in Nigeria have no business beeing doctors"[/q[b]uote]

Replying to the above QUESTION

Thank u so much for all the questions u put forward ,though I'm not a general practitioner (doctors in GOPD), I can still answer u reasonably well.

Teaching hospitals serve 2 impt functions among others :-) to tran specialist(medical students, residents, nurses researchers etc) and to take care of patient. I don't no of other department, but in surgery 8am-9am is mainly for academic(presentation, case review etc, every working day).

I believe is alike in other dept. Thus u might not be able to see any doctor between these hours except of course in the phase of emergencies. These cases review sometimes extend beyond 9am in these cases a well trained doctor will explain to the wiating patient that the program is to actually correct mistakes and make us better(I'm sure a reasonable person won't for any reason kick against this) and of course we do appologise . I'm not aware if the 12noon -3pm break .

Any break that is not approved of the hospital management is illegal. however 2 things could be the case here, it could be on a Friday(emergencies are not seen in the GOPD) for Jumat prayer, not sure such break exist though, or there is an interesting emergency case for residents teaching, in which case all cold cases will be put to halt because one might not see another one in the course of ones training again. here also patient should be carried along.

I beg to disagree with on incompetent doctors see patient in the teaching hospital, u could have gone to a wrong person who parades him or herself as a doctor not every one on ward coat and steth are doctors, it should be noted however that bulk of doctors in the teaching hospital are resident( check the meaning in the original post) . It is impt to say emphatically that not all doctors are committed to their duties, but I must say that of them majority put in their very best
thanks once again
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Cityguy: 12:19pm On Nov 15, 2015
If actually the doc demanded for any 'settlement' outside of what is official and it can be proven that the problem he has now stemmed from non-removal of the catheter, am afraid the said doc is a goner. My advice to him would be for this case to be attended to as discreetly as possible otherwise, he'll have himself to blame.
And to Sodiq the fireman, pls biko. Five children don do you. Why poor people feel they need to compensate by overcrowding this planet remains a subject worthy of research.

1 Like

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 15, 2015
Nigerians and nairalanders and their knack for hacking down health profession!

Even after an eyewitness just broke it down, you still claim there's a nonexistent 12-3pm break.

You guys are the motivation for our resolve to swear the Nigerian oath and go deliver in UK, us and Canada excellently.

Ema wa alright

1 Like

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by malikisah: 2:55pm On Nov 15, 2015
bukolajegede:

"it doesn't change the fact that you guys show utmost negligence to your duty including your superiors. Can you explain to everybody here on nairaland that you people at your general outpatient department (GOPD) usually go for a break between 12-3pm daily? And during these three hours break, your people will not attend to any patient? Can you explain to everybody here on nairaland that there are incompetent students/consultants seeing people at the GOPD and giving wrong medications? Can you explain to everyone here on nairaland that your doctors are habitual late comers who will never start consultation by 9am? Can you explain to everybody here that the break between 12pm-3pm is not the only break you guys take daily? Only very few of them are actually competent and before you are fortunate to see those ones, you must have gone to MFM to pray serious deliverance prayers.i was at opthamology for 3hrs sometime ago without beeing able to see any doctor, no patient was attended to. I was furious and looked for where to report and the guys at the gate directed me to one woman, i guess the head of the whole nursing department. She apologised and called the nursing sub head at the eye clinic to find out why there were no docs attending to us. The nurse said that the docs had an emergency. But the intelligent question she asked was that "could it be that all the docs at the opthal dept were attending to the emergency" this head nurse apologised and promised to relay my frustrations to the head doctor at their meeting point. The only set of people who function efffectively at the lautech teaching hospital are the NURSES. "Majority of you doctors here in Nigeria have no business beeing doctors"[/q[b]uote]

Replying to the above QUESTION

thanks once again
?
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by donodion(m): 4:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
bukolajegede:

Thanks

Much appreciation for clearing this on the part of the medical team.

However to be fair on both parties. I pray this matter get to the court and aired by media.

Some healthcare workers deserve admonition though as I personally see no reason why it must be the doc to approach patient for whatever settlement. That responsibility squarely rest on the shoulders of accounts dept, its a teaching hospital ma'am.

And if the man is found guilty, he should equally be made an example for defamation and perjury.

please if I may ask,keep us up to date on his forum.

1 Like

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by klbakare(m): 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
malikisah:
?
and bukolajegede

i won't come here to just paint a bad image of LTH. By the time its 12pm tommorow go to GOPD and check for yourself. Tell your bosses that the news making round in town nowadays is that people should go to "sunsun" general hospital. I know LTH so well, i have been going there since my 200-300lvl days, when migraine headache will not let me rest. I do not have confdence in LTH health care workers. I will prefer my docs at Ikorodu general hospital than you people at ogbomoso.

I have had a situation where a doc at GOPD gave me wrong prescriptions and the pharmacist to dispense the drugs had to write a note at the back of the paper, that i should take it back, he promptly corrected the prescription. It has happened to people around me severally, you people should change. You guys should read more. Human lifes has no duplicate and damaged organs have no spare that can be like the original.

I will never ever suscribe to any invasive procedure at LTH!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths / Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma / Pregnant Woman Gives Birth Stranger's Car Before Getting To The Hospital (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.