Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) (29696 Views)

How Tramadol Nearly Made Me Impotent / UCH Ibadan Labelled Death Trap After Lady Died Due To Alleged Negligence / How My Only Child Was Killed By Doctor's Negligence - #JusticeForTobi {Pics} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
You know a pharmacist has actually returned a prescription for me to write my name more legibly.

I'm not saying that's what happened to Bakare but there are many things that could have gone wrong.

We read. We know. LTH is a credible place, a tertiary health facility.

Let's give Nigerian doctors some credit please. We work really hard and 98% of the time, na so so curse and epe.

We pass international licensing exams with ease and you can confirm this anywhere.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by klbakare(m): 9:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
twoondei:
You know a pharmacist has actually returned a prescription for me to write my name more legibly.

I'm not saying that's what happened to Bakare but there are many things that could have gone wrong.

We read. We know. LTH is a credible place, a tertiary health facility.

Let's give Nigerian doctors some credit please. We work really hard and 98% of the time, na so so curse and epe.

We pass international licensing exams with ease and you can confirm this anywhere.

Thank you.

thats what you guys do here in Nigeria- pass theoretical examinations and fail woefully at practice. Now the said doctor i was talking about had prescribed about 3 drugs all muscoskeletal relaxants. The pharmacist was querying why he had to prescribe three different drugs all with the same function. He got the letter and adjusted the presciption. Gave me only orphenadrine but increased the dosage. Even when i got back to the pahrmacist, he was still bothered about why i had to take that much number of relaxant. Look my friend LTH is the story for another day. When you guys write prescriptions and think some us will not read and try to understand why you are prescribing such, you are merely deceiving yourselfs.

Thats why i love the owner of jubilee medical center (i don't want to mention names). He always explains to me why he has prescribed each drug and what he thinks is wrong with me all the time.

Majority of you doing medicine are either doing it for childish fantasy.the pay,the pride or making your parents proud. Medical practioners are caregivers.

CAREGIVING is the aim of medicine, you all should get that into your skull.
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
My brother, I agree we pass theoreticals and fail at practicals.
Your initial post says we don't 'know' .

We really shouldn't be arguing this. Caregivers should just come for a lecture at the master's feet.
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by klbakare(m): 12:24pm On Nov 16, 2015
twoondei:
My brother, I agree we pass theoreticals and fail at practicals.
Your initial post says we don't 'know' .

We really shouldn't be arguing this. Caregivers should just come for a lecture at the master's feet.

have you checked at GOPD today? To confirm their break times. Me i no get time...na my experience for una hand i dey tell u.
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 22, 2015
free2ryhme:

You are a disgrace

Did you read at all?

“My appendix was removed without incident, the operation was successfully completed at about 6.30pm, and around 11pm that same night, I was already up and moving around. Shortly aftewards, the doctor (name withheld) who carried out the appendectomy approached me for payment.

“I was surprised because I had already settled my bills at the pay point of the hospital before the procedure, but the doctor insisted I had to give him ‘something’, so I asked if I would get a receipt. He answered in the negative and, in turn, I refused to give in and an argument ensued.”

Abandoned catheter

Sodiq noted that for several hours after he was taken to the ward to recuperate, the catheter that was affixed to his private part to aid passage of urine post surgery was yet to be removed.

From information I gathered, the catheter ought to have been removed within 24-48 hours of the operation, but when I was in pains in my private part, I called the doctor’s attention to the development, but I was shocked when he told me point blank that I would only be attended to when I was ready to accede to his request.

“His unwillingness to attend to me resulted to the catheter remaining in my body for as long as 144 hours. It was only after my private part had become swollen, bleeding and fluid coming out that the catheter was removed
Now, I urinate with great discomfort. I am always feeling a peppery sensation in my urethra, worse still, I am unable to have an Attention. These were not complications of the surgery, but consequences of negligence.

Corruption cost this man his manhood.

And under the Doctors creed saving lives is paramount
You are a big fool for quoting me. Go bleep yourself d**khead.
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 22, 2015
ShakurM:
Don't post foolishly.
Don't quote me foolishly
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 22, 2015
Nicepoker:
u deserve a slow and painful death.
May the slow and painful death you wish for me befall you & the rest of your family b4 the year runs out, Amen.
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Nicepoker(m): 10:57pm On Nov 22, 2015
EggPlant:
May I die a slow and painful death I wish for myself & the rest of my family that b4 the year runs out, Amen.
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 22, 2015
helpee:
sorry for the loss but it is not every patient that dies from the negligence of a doctor. That your friend is weeping doesnt make the doctor guilty. This man is accusing a single doctor for failure to remove his catheter for six days in a teaching hospital that would have had up to six or more different doctors during that period. please, always reason well. A teaching hospital will have a house officer on call, a registrar, a senior registar and a consultant in charge of the case. Even nurses can remove catheter if need be cos they only need to deflate it and remove it. so a single super doctor refused to remove the catether for six days and every other staff refused cos he refused to bribe the super doctor. Nigerians and their mob mentality. na wah o
God bless you Sir for enlightening Tshaphilo, I was going to but been too busy.
An average Nigerian hates Nigerian doctors. There are bad doctors everywhere, no doubt. That's not to say because a patient approached the media with a one sided story, the Doc must be guilty as charged without any investigation. If this man's claims are true, then he should spend more time getting a competent legal team to fight for his compensation.
This is jungle justice in electronic form! Trust Nairaland peeps, they are fully convinced beyond any reasonable doubt that there is a guilty doctor who should go down for this without knowing the full story
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 22, 2015
I don't get, you wish me dead because I expressed my opinion on a public forum without hurting anyone. I pray once again for you, Nicepoker, for wishing me dead without meddling in your biz, may the Lord the consuming fire visit you & your household with untimely & agonising death!
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 22, 2015
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Nicepoker(m): 11:34pm On Nov 22, 2015
EggPlant:
I will die soon
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 22, 2015
Yes you will!
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Nicepoker(m): 11:38pm On Nov 22, 2015
EggPlant:
I wish my self an untimely death
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Nicepoker(m): 11:40pm On Nov 22, 2015
EggPlant:
I. Deserve to be killed by dangote truck
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 22, 2015
I can see a frustrated disaster of a person waiting to self destruct. Going from thread to thread cursing isn't going to relieve you pain. Pervert!!!

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Nicepoker(m): 12:29am On Nov 23, 2015
EggPlant:
may thunder fire me and my family members. Amen!!!
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by free2ryhme: 6:25am On Nov 23, 2015
EggPlant:
You are a big fool for quoting me. Go bleep yourself d**khead.

Clap for yourself as you have made you parents proud
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by ShakurM(m): 8:19am On Nov 23, 2015
EggPlant:
Don't quote me foolishly
I don even 4get this msg tey tey sef, Na wa 4 you oo
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by joyandfaith: 10:36am On Nov 23, 2015
frustrated doctors cannot give optimal care to patients. www.nairaland.com/2754548/frustrations-resident-doctors-nigeria
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by joyandfaith: 10:36am On Nov 23, 2015
frustrated doctors cannot give optimal care to patients. www.nairaland.com/2754548/frustrations-resident-doctors-nigeria
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 24, 2015
ShakurM:
I don even 4get this msg tey tey sef, Na wa 4 you oo
Person wet shyte dey always 4get, why I threw it right back @ your face. No hard feelings bro!
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 24, 2015
free2ryhme:

Clap for yourself as you have made you parents proud
Go tell that to your retardedd children or the ones you'll l8r bring forth
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by ShakurM(m): 10:26pm On Nov 24, 2015
EggPlant:
Person wet shyte dey always 4get, why I threw it right back @ your face. No hard feelings bro!
No wahala, how you dey bro?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Fiance Abuses Tramadol. Please Help / How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths / Pregnant Woman Gives Birth Stranger's Car Before Getting To The Hospital (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.