Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,036 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? (3269 Views)

North Cautions Yoruba, Southerners On Clamour For 1963 Constitution / Mohamed Shows How GEJ Killed Nigeria / Biafra Day In Ebonyi: Pastors Arrested As Well As 320 MASSOB Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by lionness(f): 10:00am On Nov 14, 2015
Under GEJ, Massob were not only arrested, but also killed. Over 100 of their dead corpses were found in Ezu River. But the Ibos never declared war. Wait, does it mean that even if Ibos were brutally killed, they are happy as long as there are juicy appointments? Here's the story and links:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/ezu-river-corpses-victims-were-our-members-massob/

BARELY three weeks after the arrest and subsequent order from the Presidency to release members of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) arrested by soldiers, another 22 members were on Thursday arrested by the soldiers in Onitsha, Anambra State.

The MASSOB members who went on a burial ceremony at Isu, Njaba Local Government Area, Imo State, were said to have been arrested along the Enugu/Onitsha Expressway, in front of the Army Barracks, Onitsha, on return from the burial.

On sighting the members being driven through the expressway in their bus, with MASSOB flag hoisted on it, the soldiers at the gate flagged them down and ordered them to turn their vehicle into the barracks which they did in abeyance.

On getting into the barracks they were reportedly searched thoroughly, beaten and pushed into the cell.

Reacting to the arrest yesterday, the MASSOB Director of Information, Uchenna Madu urged President Goodluck Jonathan to prevail on the soldiers to leave the members alone.

Madu recalled that on several occasions, the armless members of the movement have been subjected to killing, maiming, assault and harassment by the soldiers despite the fact that no incriminating things have been found on them.

He however commended President Jonathan, Ohanaeze Ndigbo and other concerned bodies for their intervention when the MASSOB leader, Chief Ralph Uwazurike and some members were arrested.

He reminded President Jonathan that nine members of the Movement were still being detained at Kuje Federal Prisons, Abuja since March 2006 and appealed to him to order for their unconditional release.

http://www.gbooza.com/group/crime/forum/topics/again-soldiers-arrest-massob-members?xg_source=activity

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by dplordx(m): 10:02am On Nov 14, 2015
Someone once said: give the Ibo man money, he will sell his mother. I am not shocked by these facts. Even, I have a feeling the entire Biafra thing is another political fraud. SMH

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by kestolove95(m): 10:08am On Nov 14, 2015
Sometimes I wonder why d ibos ar taking d lost of gej personal, even d ss dat dia brother lost d election ar not even taking it dix seriux..and I will continue asking d ibos, what has gej don for d ibos?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by 9icest: 10:21am On Nov 14, 2015
Wait o this for real so what they fighintg about? Is this becos they hate Buhari or Tinubu?
Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by mediachirps(m): 10:26am On Nov 14, 2015
The yorubas have kept making Biafra popular since time immemorial. Kudos more threads please.

6 Likes

Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by lawrenceunaa: 10:36am On Nov 14, 2015
mediachirps:
The yorubas have kept making Biafra popular since time immemorial. Kudos more threads please.
let them keep up with it joor.
Remember:When nobody(yellow bar) talks abt u(Biafra) then y re nobody(Hausa-fulani) grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by kingofdemons: 10:40am On Nov 14, 2015
[s]
kestolove95:
Sometimes I wonder why d ibos ar taking d lost of gej personal, even d ss dat dia brother lost d election ar not even taking it dix seriux..and I will continue asking d ibos, what has gej don for d ibos?
[/s]

Ikpu nne i

7 Likes

Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by DaBullIT(m): 11:06am On Nov 14, 2015
Abi o , help me ask them o
Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by ZeezaRapture(m): 11:08am On Nov 14, 2015
Let us buttress this hash tag launched by @ fiftynaira ....even though you are not Igbo let's spread it..

#IamIgboNotBiafra cool cool

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by simplycarro: 11:11am On Nov 14, 2015
Biafrans Ndi ara!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by lionness(f): 11:22am On Nov 14, 2015
simplycarro:
Biafrans Ndi ara!
. Lol
Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by QuotaSystem: 11:26am On Nov 14, 2015
kestolove95:

[b]1. It exposed the reality that they have no electoral value (they lack the numbers to vote or reject anyone).

2. It exposed the stupidity of dumping APGA for PDP.

3. It exposed their political infancy and inability to make smart political calculations.

4. It proved the warning that Ibos should not put all their eggs in one basket was right, but they were to silly to take heed. Today PMB's strongest opposition and support is all from the SW (FFK & Fayose/Tinubu & BRF).

5. It cemented the dominance of Hausa Fulani that they love to hate.

6. It proved their 'enemies' like Fr. Mbaka, Rochas and Ameachi right.

7. They realize the fact that they now need the bridges that they burnt during the campaigns, if they are ever going to rule this country.

8. They realize that they are nowhere to be found in the ruling party APC, and their only kinsmen there are the ones they have rejected.

9. They realized that Yorubas were far smarter politically and stand the best chance of ruling in 2023, dashing any immediate hope of an Ibo presidency.

10. They realize that the abnormal hatred and attacks on Buhari during the campaigns, coupled with their electoral stupidity has dealt them a heavy counter-punch that has set them back politically by at least 25 years....etc

My dear... even you would be pained after being hit with all these calamities in one fell swoop grin[/b]

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by porshuch: 11:31am On Nov 14, 2015
kingofdemons:
[s][/s]

Ikpu nne i
akpa AMU nna gi. grin

1 Like

Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by porshuch: 11:32am On Nov 14, 2015
I am Igbo not Biafra.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by kingzizzy: 11:32am On Nov 14, 2015
There were Biafran protest during the time of GEJ by MASSOB and BZF ( Biafran Zionist Federation). Have we all forgotten how Ben Onwuka of and his BZF attacked Government House Enugu and hoisted the Biafran flag? Have we forgotten how they were later arrested when they attacked a television station? The main reason why the Biafran agitation has reached this level was the coming of Radio Biafra and Nnamdi Kanu. Kanu took the Biafran struggle to an unprecedented level never witnessed before using propaganda. The coming of Buhari was also a stark reminder that whenever the Yorubas and their northern compatriots come together, they decide the political future of Nigeria and that is unacceptable to any well meaning person from the SS/SE area.

Nigeria is fraud, it has always been that way since Lugard created it and I wonder why as an Igbo man, I should be in the same country with people I share nothing in common with such as the Yoruba or Hausa man. Everbody eventually breaks out to make their own destiny and Biafra is no exception.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 14, 2015
Thank you lionnes. I recently opened a similar thread on this issue.

My Igbo brothers should reach out to the two other big tribes and start working towards getting the presidency.

Jonathan promised to build 2nd Niger bridge before 2015 but he never did. I also wonder why he did not build Ibaka seaport at Akwa Ibom which I learnt will be the deepest seaport in Nigeria capable of berthing large ocean liners. After 5yrs ar president and GCFR, he failed to do these things.

Also ask, what major project did Jonathan cite in the east? The ijaws are today calling Igbos expansionists and land grabbers yet my brothers are still very bitter because the weak Jonathan lost. Just read posts from tonyebarcanista and Truckpusher to confirm this.

We did not ask Jonathan for Biafra and now we expect Buhari to give it to us. Who would want to be remembered in history as the man that was president when Nigeria broke up? If I were president I would never allow the country break under my watch.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 14, 2015
kingzizzy:
There were Biafran protest during the time of GEJ by MASSOB and BZF ( Biafran Zionist Federation). Have we all forgotten how Ben Onwuka of and his BZF attacked Government House Enugu and hoisted the Biafran flag? Have we forgotten how they were later arrested when they attacked a television station? The main reason why the Biafran agitation has reached this level was the coming of Radio Biafra and Nnamdi Kanu. Kanu took the Biafran struggle to an unprecedented level never witnessed before using propaganda. The coming of Buhari was also a stark reminder that whenever the Yorubas and their northern compatriots come together, they decide the political future of Nigeria and that is unacceptable to any well meaning person from the SS/SE area.

Nigeria is fraud, it has always been that way since Lugard created it and I wonder why as an Igbo man, I should be in the same country with people I share nothing in common with such as the Yoruba or Hausa man. Everbody eventually breaks out to make their own destiny and Biafra is no exception.

This is where we Igbos get it wrong. The Yorubas have only repeated what we did many years back. When we joined the north we also determined Nigeria's political destiny by producing Shagari/Ewueme.

It is common knowlwedge that once the north aligns with any of the big tribes in the south it is game over and that is what happened with Buhari/Osinbajo.

We could have evn gotten the VP slot in this administration but our baseless hatred for the APC forced them to turn to the Yorubas because they saw that no matter what they did, Igbos had made up their minds.

What do we get from the ijaws after deciding to sink with them even when there were suggestions to abandon Jonathan and align with APC? Today they call us expansionists.

Bro, I personally think we should start building bridges with parts of the north and the SW to produce the next president. If we play our cards well we will get it because it is very clear that after Buhari, should the presidence come down south it should go to the east.

Let us drop sentiments and emotions and be objective please.

8 Likes

Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 14, 2015
porshuch:
I am Igbo not Biafra.

We have everything to gain in Nigeria. We are collection monthly allocation, we have two states as part of NDDC, we have a larger market and bigger space for investments.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 14, 2015
quotasystem, give us five benefits of a united Nigeria so that all can read.
Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by kingofdemons: 11:45am On Nov 14, 2015
porshuch:
akpa AMU nna gi. grin

Afo sagbuo nne i
Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 14, 2015
QuotaSystem:

[b]1. It exposed the reality that they have no electoral value (they lack the numbers to vote or reject anyone).

I don't agree with your point 1 because it can happen to any geopolitical zone.

It happened to the Yorubas in 1999 when they all voted for Falae yet Obasanjo won, will you then say that they lack political value?

What happened to the Igbos this year is a political miscalculation which I believe we should accept, correct them and aim higher.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 14, 2015
At OP, the members Massob led by Uwazuike have always killed by Nigeria even since the days of OBJ, Yaradua and Jonathan.

For some reasons we cannot understand, Uwarike only buries the dead and life goes on.

Nnamdi Kano came with a different approach.

It has nothing to with who is charge.
However, Buhari escalated issues by having Nnamdi arrested.

Since arrival of Nnamdi on scene, Massob has divided into two. those still loyal to Uwazurike and those loyal to Nnamdi (led by one Uchenna Madu)
This struggle has nothing to do with Nigerian politics.
As a matter of fact all Biafrans in the current government are seen as enemies of Biafra.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 14, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

It happened to the Yorubas in 1999 when they all voted for Falae yet Obasanjo won, will you then say that they lack political value?

What happened to the Igbos this year is a political miscalculation which I believe we should accept, correct them and aim higher.

there was no miscalculation bro.

Some of us made it clear that were were ready to sail or sink with Jonathan.
His failure has further exposed Nigeria for what it is.

Imagine an elected President dividing his country into 95% and 5%.
If another election is held tomorrow, I will still be 5% or even less.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by fiftynaira(m): 12:05pm On Nov 14, 2015
If only my igbo brother's can realise that after biafra independence there would be Inability to stand Independently, why I am even worried biafra it's not only a dream but a night mare as far as it doesn't changethe price of orijin it's a useless as the "k" in knock

#IamIgboNotBiafra
Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by superstar1(m): 12:08pm On Nov 14, 2015
kingzizzy:

When Zik came together with Balewa, did you see yoruba whining about it like bush babies you lots are?

When Ekwueme came together with Shagari, did you see yorubas rolling on the floor and wailing like y1bos are doing?

When Arthur Nzeribe came together with IBB to thwart June 12 won by a Yoruba man, did you see yorubas calling y1bos names because of that?

When Daniel Kanu organised a 5million man match for Abacha over June 12 issue, did you see yorubas calling for the heads of y1bos?

Those are just few but key coming together of the y1bos and northerners.

Keep licking your pain till 2039 because after Northerners are through in 2023, SW will take over till 2013 and after that notherners again till 2039 and if you are lucky and well behaved enough by then, we might pity you in 2039 if SS is magnanimous enough. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by kestolove95(m): 12:11pm On Nov 14, 2015
QuotaSystem:

2. It exposed the stupidity of dumping APGA for PDP.

3. It exposed their political infancy and inability to make smart political calculations.

4. It proved the warning that Ibos should not put all their eggs in one basket was right, but they were to silly to take heed.

5. It cemented the dominance of Hausa Fulani that they love to hate.

6. It proved their 'enemies' like Fr. Mbaka, Rochas and Ameachi right.

7. They realize the fact that they now need the bridges that they burnt during the campaigns, if they are ever going to rule this country.

8. They realize that they are nowhere to be found in the ruling party APC, and their only kinsmen there are the ones they have rejected.

9. They realized that Yorubas were far smarter politically and stand the best chance of ruling in 2023, dashing any immediate hope of an Ibo presidency.

10. They realize that the abnormal hatred and attacks on Buhari during the campaigns, coupled with their electoral stupidity has dealt them a heavy counter-punch that has set them back politically by at least 25 years....etc

My dear... even you would be pained after being hit with all these calamities in one fell swoop grin[/b]
wow flawless gun shot at d ibos, guy u don finsh ibos o..but do u knw dat d ibos ar d gr8test f00l or our generation dat even if azikiwe was alive will regret bein an ibo man?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by superstar1(m): 12:13pm On Nov 14, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

We did not vote for OBJ in 1999 but we were certain that head or tail, one of us was becoming the president and we so care less.

Infact the slogan in SW then was "it is either Olu or Olu".

In the annals of Nigeria's history where have you seen the two leading contenders being fron.the same ethnicity, region or hemisphere, apart from that election?

That is yoruba's political sagacity at play.

That says it all.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by QuotaSystem: 12:18pm On Nov 14, 2015
Consult your memory before GEJ'S defeat. I believe you wanted him to govern a united Nigeria till 2019.

EUROBOMBER:
quotasystem, give us five benefits of a united Nigeria so that all can read.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
superstar1:

We did not vote for OBJ in 1999 but we were certain that head or tail, one of us was becoming the president and we so care less.

Infact the slogan in SW then was "it is either Olu or Olu".

In the annals of Nigeria's history where have you seen the two leading contenders being fron.the same ethnicity, region or hemisphere, apart from that election?

That is yoruba's political sagacity at play.

That says it all.

I am not arguing with you on the fact that two Yorubas were fielded. My point is that the SW as a zone went for Falae yet he did not win. My point is that the votes of a single zone cannot make a man president.
Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by Cybertext(m): 12:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
Enough said... what's the way forward?
Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 14, 2015
porshuch:
I am Igbo not Biafra.

Congrats.

I am Igbo, and i am more Biafran than Igbo.
Re: GEJ Killed And Jailed MASSOB Members Yet No Clamour: Why? by superstar1(m): 12:24pm On Nov 14, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

I am not arguing with you on the fact that two Yorubas were fielded. My point is that the SW as a zone went for Falae yet he did not win. My point is that the votes of a single zone cannot make a man president.

Gbam.

Not even 1 zone. Even 2 or 3 might not. The combo of SE, SS and NC can never deliver a presidential win against SW, NW and NE.

Politicking is all about bridge building and positioning, instead of continuous and sustained relationship destruction via calling of other unprintable names, born out of inferiority complex, lack of political sagacity and acumen to effectively navigate the stormy political water of this country.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos / Buhari Rides Much More Expensive Mercedes-benz Than GEJ / Reminder That Osinbanjo Does Not Have A Heir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.