Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates (21136 Views)

You Don’t Apply For Exemption Certificate, Says Ex-nysc Director / modified / Pictures Of New NYSC Certificates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by Bollinger(m): 2:46pm On Nov 14, 2015
chukkiephil:
lol am not a lawyer I think there is something called citizens arrest!

Funny guy. Are you in America? Show me where it says you can do that in Nigeria. Also Show me where it says a citizen can interrogate criminals? Are they trained to do so?
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by chukkiephil(m): 3:01pm On Nov 14, 2015
Bollinger:

Funny guy. Are you in America? Show me where it says you can do that in Nigeria. Also Show me where it says a citizen can interrogate criminals? Are they trained to do so?
honestly no offense meant I don't know you or how old you are but I have one advice for you, always look up things before you start opposing things so that you can have a locus standi on the issue, it's called critical thinking or analysis, now here is the answer to ur question "Section 20 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, 2015 provides for 'citizen's arrest'. It is enshrined as 'arrest by private person'.

Therefore, since there is both a statute-law, common law and case law backing for 'citizen's arrest' in Nigeria, it is legal to the hilt for one citizen to arrest another on reasonable ground warrant, and hand them over to the police, who then re-arrests." here is a case senerio -http://www.nigerianwatch.com/news/1922-maiduguri-market-traders-carry-out-citizens-arrest-on-six-boko-haram-members
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by Bollinger(m): 3:05pm On Nov 14, 2015
chukkiephil:
honestly no offense meant I don't know you or how old you are but I have one advice for you, always look up things before you start opposing things so that you can have a locus standi on the issue, it's called critical thinking or analysis, now here is the answer to ur question "

Still haven't answered my question. Where does it say that in Nigeria, a citizen can arrest, detain and interrogate a suspected criminal? insults do not constitute a debatable logical response. grin Even in America, we are moving away from that "citizens" arrest crap. What with the sensitivity in evidence handling and all that. I await your logical and verifiable response. If any. Logical i mean.
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by chukkiephil(m): 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2015
Bollinger:

Still haven't answered my question. Where does it say that in Nigeria, a citizen can arrest, detain and interrogate a suspected criminal? insults do not constitute a debatable logical response. grin
have a good day mate

Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by Bollinger(m): 3:09pm On Nov 14, 2015
Lol. . .posting meme's is not a response.

quote author=chukkiephil post=40014629] have a good day mate [/quote]
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by agrovick(m): 3:09pm On Nov 14, 2015
ayusco85:

Extension for who?
For you, going by the date you said you finished service
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by akigbemaru: 3:22pm On Nov 14, 2015
nysc fake certificates.
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by chukkiephil(m): 3:46pm On Nov 14, 2015
Bollinger:
Lol. . .posting meme's is not a response.

quote author=chukkiephil post=40014629] have a good day mate
I refer you back to my post.
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by Bollinger(m): 3:52pm On Nov 14, 2015
chukkiephil:
I refer you back to my post.

You mean the one that proves that the Nigerian legal system recognizes that citizens can arrest, detain and interrogate criminals? still searching for it. Can't find it though. Help me out.
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by chukkiephil(m): 3:57pm On Nov 14, 2015
Bollinger:

You mean the one that proves that the Nigerian legal system recognizes that citizens can arrest, detain and interrogate criminals? still searching for it. Can't find it though. Help me out.
please interrogation simply means to ask questions, don't mind the grammar it can be confusing at times, I believe you don't just arrest somebody and become dumb, some questions needs to be asked, abi you need power by the law to ask questions??
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by Bollinger(m): 4:22pm On Nov 14, 2015
chukkiephil:
please interrogation simply means to ask questions, don't mind the grammar it can be confusing at times, I believe you don't just arrest somebody and become dumb, some questions needs to be asked, abi you need power by the law to ask questions??

Lol....Nigerians and their weird way of thinking.
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by ayusco85(m): 6:35pm On Nov 14, 2015
agrovick:

For you, going by the date you said you finished service

Lol. Nah, I just told u wats written on my discharge certificate. But we passed out on 15th Oct. On a Thursday. I was among the parade.
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by agrovick(m): 7:52pm On Nov 14, 2015
ayusco85:

Lol. Nah, I just told u wats written on my discharge certificate. But we passed out on 15th Oct. On a Thursday. I was among the parade.
Oh! I guess the date accommodates the 3 weeks terminal leave
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by ayusco85(m): 8:04pm On Nov 14, 2015
agrovick:
Oh! I guess the date accommodates the 3 weeks terminal leave
Terminal leave keh. U are totally going off point.
I ve served, gotten my discharge. Dazall
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by agrovick(m): 8:11pm On Nov 14, 2015
ayusco85:

Terminal leave keh. U are totally going off point.

I ve served, gotten my discharge. Dazall
Nah, I'm still on point, your POP was mid October right? And the date on your certificate is 4th November, the gap between the two dates is 3 weeks, which is the terminal leave NYSC usually grants. So although you finished service October, your certificate reflects November.
I thought it's the date of POP that is always on the certificate, that was why I mentioned the extension thing earlier
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by Bossblessing(f): 12:33pm On May 19, 2016
check the announcement here http:///13558247/nyscgovng NYSC Service for Batch A Stream II 2016 has been postponed, yes it has been confirmed, we are officially waiting till further notice to serve our beloved annoying country, i am even tired of staying at home sef, what is all this!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benue B15 Anyone? / Nysc Fingerprint Issue / Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.