Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,167 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand (43505 Views)

My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially / My Sister Is Married To The Most Chronic Cheat Ever. Please I Need Advice / My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by jabojafa(m): 6:33am On Nov 16, 2015
HaneefahRN:

I neva said they shld send her away, that wld be a rash decision, but they shld call the boy and his family and get them married, after then she is free to go and live with the boy since that's what she wants. If they don't do this She might leave of her own accord very soon and they might nt even be able to trace where she lives.
hw sure are we if d bf is able to support a family yet?
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by firstking01(m): 6:38am On Nov 16, 2015
Op, sm ppl are wired to be useless, i knw sm like that, except God intervens, my sister, there's nothinhg u can do. I have a sister like that.
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Rhemmymatician(m): 7:05am On Nov 16, 2015
octopusfreaky:
17yrs,she still young pls don't let her go,,this is what we call youthful exburance...Youths at D's stage are usually restless..
"...at D's stage..."
I see what you did there wink
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Emade(m): 8:25am On Nov 16, 2015
you guys fail to let her learn from her mistake too bad expect her to bring another pregnancy because she no suffer for the first one
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by hicent: 8:38am On Nov 16, 2015
cyprus000:

[size=13pt]
it is true that you love her,but you have to understand that not everybody learn by advice. Some have to learn by experience. And your sis happen to fall into this category.

Right now,she sees you people as an obstacle. Allow your mum to send her out to go meet those people she always go to. let he figure out who her true friends are. Cos you can't do anything for her.

You people have pampared her much. Its time she feel the reality of life.

I admire your mum's courage. It reminds me of how my mum arrest me with soldier's anytime I miss behave. Nobody tell man pikin to mellow grin

Initially I thought she hated me,but I now see the benefit of the person I have become.
C
[/size]
bro u have sed it all...u just spoke wat i had in mind to comment.
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by fpeter(f): 8:56am On Nov 16, 2015
take the child from her and send her to a disciplinary school.

1 Like

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by NET1(m): 9:24am On Nov 16, 2015
Encourage your mum to send her away. It will be painful for a while, but I bet you, when she sees how hard life is, she will come back to her senses and obey.

Sometimes, that;s the only way to correct these adolescents wey no wan hear word.

.NET
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by NemzySeries(m): 10:28am On Nov 16, 2015
as far as I'm concern d most painful part of d story is d Egg stealing part she transfers to her visionless babypapa & so called moda in law.....if she wanna b useless dos she nids to include ur farm into her life style?......17yrs is no child so itz beta u warn her wella...dem neva born any of ma younger bros to talk to mumcy anyhw talkmore of bin rude to her....ma fada wunt use police on u b4 d new gets to me sef.....ma dear talk to her or push her out....life is too small 4 nonsense & orda stewpid acts
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by GerogeI(m): 11:06am On Nov 16, 2015
Agathabishen:
Good day house, I have a younger sister who is almost 17yrs. She gave birth to a baby boy june last year, the boy that inpregnated her denied the pregnancy but we rallied around her as a family and bought everything she need and also take care of her and the baby. But just some months after she gave birth she always argue and exchange words with my mum. She will always carry the baby to the baby daddy & stay till around 10pm. She doesn't want to help my mum in the house, I am a poultry farmer & she always steals egg from my farm & takes it to her baby daddy‘s mum. She disrespects me, my mum & my elder brother always. I have alot of dreams for my sister & i wanted her to have a good future but she is already a drop out. Now my mother wants to send her out of the house but i still want her to make good use of her life but she doesn't see it that way.

House what can i do to put her back on track? Thanks

So OP, there is nothing like "she is already a drop out".

So the first thing is that since you and your mum are the ones funding the baby, and your sister is still a minor being 17 years,
Your mum should take the baby from your sister and take over care of the baby. This will free your sister to continue building her young life.

Secondly to refocus your sister, since having a baby as a teenager is not the end of the world. You need to change the environment for your sister. Change of environment will also disconnect her from the man that got her pregnant, else she will get impregnated again. Remember females think first with their hearts.

So fight tooth and nail to move your sister to a new environment if you want to save her from a life of regrets. Best is also to get her into school, even if it is a diploma school. She could learn simple things such as secretarial studies and start from their. If in school, she will meet other girls of her age, which will challenge her to make better of her self. If you cannot afford school, see if you have a relation who can, or who she can stay with for a while. She can also become an apprentice during the period.
Basically just get her to learn something in exchange for taking care of her baby.

By the way, her arguing and stealing is not strange if she is just sitting at home doing nothing. She and her baby have needs that must be met.
Sincerely hope that by this post makes an impact on moving your family forward

1 Like

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 16, 2015
Flashh:
I can see you love her so much as a sister and you don't want her to be completely useless, but seems she don't want to change for good.

I am not in support of your mum sending her out of the house, but some folks loves to experience hard life before they would be able to pick some senses.
Guy Abeq send yur acct no. Mek ah send 9k insyd 4 wetin yew jst talk nw...
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 16, 2015
Agathabishen:
Good day house, I have a younger sister who is almost 17yrs. She gave birth to a baby boy june last year, the boy that inpregnated her denied the pregnancy but we rallied around her as a family and bought everything she need and also take care of her and the baby. But just some months after she gave birth she always argue and exchange words with my mum. She will always carry the baby to the baby daddy & stay till around 10pm. She doesn't want to help my mum in the house, I am a poultry farmer & she always steals egg from my farm & takes it to her baby daddy‘s mum. She disrespects me, my mum & my elder brother always. I have alot of dreams for my sister & i wanted her to have a good future but she is already a drop out. Now my mother wants to send her out of the house but i still want her to make good use of her life but she doesn't see it that way.

As a lot of people have said she seems to be someone that will only learn by experience. Listen you guys should sit her down. Very calmly and firmly tell her that you want her out!. List all the reasons why you guys are telling her to go!. No ranting and raving be very calm but deadly serious.

Tell her she can come back when she has come to her senses and is ready to follow house rules and is ready to go back to school. Have a list of what you expect from her if she wants to return.

Pack her loads and drag her to her baby daddy's house . Let her suuufffferrr. Then her head will be correct. But tell her you will not under ant circumstances welcome her back if she gets pregnant again!. Get her birth control tablets to take with her.

You people are molly coddling her. She doesn't know what life is. Let her go and find out and realise all the rubbish she has been doing. Please do it before she destroys her life even more.
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 16, 2015
Agathabishen:

This is what happens when parents train their daughters to worship men. You hear them say "is this what you will do or how you will talk when you get to your husband's house"? Now,your 17yr old sister can think of nothing more than 'man'. She is now a man pleaser and doesn't see the need to empower herself. Poor home training.

1 Like

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Akhere1: 12:53pm On Nov 16, 2015
[Live her let her finish what is her mind when she finished she we get herself back
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Seculent: 1:16pm On Nov 16, 2015
GalzLuvYomy:
Guy Abeq send yur acct no. Mek ah send 9k insyd 4 wetin yew jst talk nw...
You mean this thing wey you talk at all?
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by TheyStoleMyName(m): 2:19pm On Nov 16, 2015
Dear Agatha, my advice would be to detach yourself, emotionally that is, from your little sister as I believe you might be a major contributor to her waywardness through your propensity for overpampering. Your mom is the one ultimately responsible for her future, not you, and you should definitely stand back and let your mom correct her previous mistakes concerning your sister. She may get it right or not but it's not for you to micromanage. I believe you have your own life to live. She is not your daughter.

The best you can do is live by example, and I'm not talking about just behaving right but about results. Show her your way works, then hope she gets a few cues from you on the best way to approach life. I know because I had a difficult little brother who literally worshipped me. I was his role model, he listened to me and followed in my footsteps more than he did his parents, a bit too closely if I might add, right up to the time he passed due to an ill-managed congenital defect. But before then, I had tried in vain to beat some sense into him when we was much younger but had to stop when I got tired much like the state you're in now and let nature take its course. So don't live precariously through your baby sister, instead live FOR her if you love her that much.

Ps: might I suggest you take away her poultry/egg priviledges. It's your farm. Tell her, start your own poultry if you want to feed for your baby daddy's family, see if she stays away from them. You have to be strong, if not tough on her. Take away other priviledges if you need to. Don't know if you know about "tough love".

1 Like

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 16, 2015
Send her to go and live with the baby daddy and his family! she will come back begging and loaded with sense after she has experience hunger and perhaps a little neglect from them. she is taking u guys (her family) for granted. I tell you thats how to make some people learn.
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by simdam500(m): 8:19pm On Nov 16, 2015
I hate to say this but i will, if choices are to be made during child begat-ing, i wont opt in for female child but unfortunately since it had happen i'll say d op should do as this quote says:
Politicos: Parental failure. Before I put forward workable suggestions, let me state categorically that you all have failed to raise a child. Who feeds her? Who buys her clothes? Who shelters her? Unless this story is fictional, I am shocked that after begetting a baby through reckless sexual exploration you guys still cannot stamp your authority over her. You gave her too much room too early. Here is the return!

1. Ground her. She is a dependent minor who is not up to an adult by law. Do this religiously! If she must be cared for, she must submit herself to guardian authority.

2. When last was she spanked? Occasional spanking expels foolishness! I see a pampered brat, raised with buttered words.

3. Confront the randy dude and severe their bond using social, lawful and spiritual measures.

4. Force her to work in the family business or she forfeits whatever luxury it offers.

5. Be warned! Don't send her away! She will return again with a greater bag of shame for the family.

Let's start from here...
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by simdam500(m): 8:27pm On Nov 16, 2015
Seculent: Beating as nothing to do with this.
seriously? My broda it sometimes do and it works like magic besides she's not 20yet
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 16, 2015
simdam500:
I hate to say this but i will, if choices are to be made during child begat-ing, i wont opt in for female child but unfortunately since it had happen i'll say d op should do as this quote says:

Female children are no curse. I have got four as siblings. Neither of them has brought us shame nor pain. The last one will be walked down the aisle in a few days. It is not the gender, it is parental handiwork.
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Erums(m): 8:33pm On Nov 16, 2015
onatisi:
judging from the story. The baby father family is not financially okay as the girl family. So the girl takes from her own family ,food and money to the baby father family. The baby father family accepts those gifts and may even be encouraging the girl with the promise that she will eventually marry their son. So talking to them is like strengthening their position of negotiations,they want recognition and they want the lady family to take them as one so that they can benefit. Another solution to the problem is asking the lady whether she wants to marry the boy or not. She will say yes ,then the op should ask the boy family too. I am sure they too will say yes with the condition that their son is helped financially. The lady family should organize a marriage for them and give them a lump sum amount of money. Once that is done ,they are free from the girl problems . Because with the way that girl is going there and still fvcking that boy ,she will soon get pregnant again
....nice one, but if she's still nailing the boy, then she must be ready to dance to thier negotiations,

for me also, the boy is irresponsible so expect thee worse
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by sham2007: 8:33pm On Mar 15, 2016
Stories that touch the heart. But Agatha this is a wrong forum.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tomisin, Tomiwa And Toni: Triplets Share Their Birth Story On Their Birthday / Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? / Groom Abandons Bride On Wedding Day After Discovering She Already Has 4 Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.