Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

"one" Nigeria And The Circle Of Blood - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "one" Nigeria And The Circle Of Blood (982 Views)

Photos: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured In Geneva By Circle Of Diplomats / Tobby Onyekele Murdered In A Pool Of Blood By Hired Assassins s(pictured) / Beware Of Gold Circle Condoms! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"one" Nigeria And The Circle Of Blood by Nobody: 9:38am On May 19, 2009
This Nigeria is ONE, though I am yet to hear about One Ghana, One Togo, One Argentina, etc.

The implication of this "one" Nigeria is that Nigeria is not actually one. Nigeria was never one, Nigeria is not one and I am yet to be convinced that Nigeria will be one soon.

The ethnic/religious divide is so much that we need to consciously and with every effort remind our selves that Nigeria is "one". As a result of this divide, it takes oppression and suppression to keep the "unity".

It has happened before, it is happening right now, and it will happen again. The circle of blood cannot stop, for when you kill a man, his son might ask you why. Then you either kill the son or the son might kill you. The other day, it was Igbos dying in their father's lands, yesterday it was the blood of the Igbo's flowing like a river on the streets of Kano. Today, Ijaws are dying in their numbers in their bedrooms. Those who would live had to abandon all they have and run to the bush.

Oh! Is it really about MEND?

Well, I know that Ken Sarowiwa was not a MEND yet he had gone the way of those who questions the bases of our "oneness". Nigeria has a law governing her oneness.

The law states thus, " Nigeria is one and whoever questions that must be subtracted, for the sustenance of the "oneness". Yet, there is always this thin line between a rebel and a hero. Another man's rebel, is definitely another man's hero.

We all are gifted with minds to think and mouths to speak. Each thinks and speaks in accordance with the such "wisdom" they deem flawless because they live in their own world and do not think of the others.

It is obvious here that all human lives are not equal, thus six policemen were killed somewhere in the Niger Delta, and the whole of Odi community was razed to dust in retaliation, yet six young men (may I add igbos) were killed by the police in Abuja, and till date non of the men involved has faced any music.

The Ijaw communities are being wiped out in the name of fighting MEND, because the members of MEND are Ijaw communities. Thus, I am waiting for the day Kano will be wiped because some undesirable elements are killing fellow Nigerians in the Name of the Almighty.

Nigeria is hilarious, Nigeria is a mockery of a Nation.

Let them crush MEND today, another worse than MEND will surely arise. Who will believe that after about 40 yrs of Biafra, that some people will have the boldness to talk about it? It was Ojukwu then, it is Uwazurike now and whether we like it or not, destroy Uwazurike today and watch the horror of rising of another more daring than he.

It was Sarowiwa Yesterday, today it is MEND. Yes, the might of the Nigerian Army will surely crush MEND, but it is a matter of time, another more daring than MEND will arise.

The circle of blood has no ending until Nigeria ends or we can save our selves this trauma and call for a conference one how this our so much needed oneness should be defined.

May the souls those killed for living in their inheritance rest in peace.
Re: "one" Nigeria And The Circle Of Blood by ikeyman00(m): 9:43am On May 19, 2009
nawoo

they just keep comin
Re: "one" Nigeria And The Circle Of Blood by SamIkenna: 4:23am On Oct 31, 2014
noblezone:
This Nigeria is ONE, though I am yet to hear about One Ghana, One Togo, One Argentina, etc.

The implication of this "one" Nigeria is that Nigeria is not actually one. Nigeria was never one, Nigeria is not one and I am yet to be convinced that Nigeria will be one soon.

The ethnic/religious divide is so much that we need to consciously and with every effort remind our selves that Nigeria is "one". As a result of this divide, it takes oppression and suppression to keep the "unity".

It has happened before, it is happening right now, and it will happen again. The circle of blood cannot stop, for when you kill a man, his son might ask you why. Then you either kill the son or the son might kill you. The other day, it was Igbos dying in their father's lands, yesterday it was the blood of the Igbo's flowing like a river on the streets of Kano. Today, Ijaws are dying in their numbers in their bedrooms. Those who would live had to abandon all they have and run to the bush.

Oh! Is it really about MEND?

Well, I know that Ken Sarowiwa was not a MEND yet he had gone the way of those who questions the bases of our "oneness". Nigeria has a law governing her oneness.

The law states thus, " Nigeria is one and whoever questions that must be subtracted, for the sustenance of the "oneness". Yet, there is always this thin line between a rebel and a hero. Another man's rebel, is definitely another man's hero.

We all are gifted with minds to think and mouths to speak. Each thinks and speaks in accordance with the such "wisdom" they deem flawless because they live in their own world and do not think of the others.

It is obvious here that all human lives are not equal, thus six policemen were killed somewhere in the Niger Delta, and the whole of Odi community was razed to dust in retaliation, yet six young men (may I add igbos) were killed by the police in Abuja, and till date non of the men involved has faced any music.

The Ijaw communities are being wiped out in the name of fighting MEND, because the members of MEND are Ijaw communities. Thus, I am waiting for the day Kano will be wiped because some undesirable elements are killing fellow Nigerians in the Name of the Almighty.

Nigeria is hilarious, Nigeria is a mockery of a Nation.

Let them crush MEND today, another worse than MEND will surely arise. Who will believe that after about 40 yrs of Biafra, that some people will have the boldness to talk about it? It was Ojukwu then, it is Uwazurike now and whether we like it or not, destroy Uwazurike today and watch the horror of rising of another more daring than he.

It was Sarowiwa Yesterday, today it is MEND. Yes, the might of the Nigerian Army will surely crush MEND, but it is a matter of time, another more daring than MEND will arise.

The circle of blood has no ending until Nigeria ends or we can save our selves this trauma and call for a conference one how this our so much needed oneness should be defined.

May the souls those killed for living in their inheritance rest in peace.

I was going through old Nigerian schools' pics on this link https://www.nairaland.com/1973226/discovering-nigerias-educational-excellence-achebes and then I stumbled on your beautiful thread. I only have 3 words for you after reading this write-up - what an insight!

Its like it was written yesterday. I mean, where was I in 2009...not sure Boko Haram was in killing business then right? But look at where we are now, unbelievable! Like you rightly said - its a circle.
Re: "one" Nigeria And The Circle Of Blood by cheruv: 7:27am On Oct 31, 2014
to keep Nigeria one is a task that must not be done lipsrsealed
Re: "one" Nigeria And The Circle Of Blood by SamIkenna: 1:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
cheruv:
to keep Nigeria one is a task that must not be done lipsrsealed

And we're doing it.
Re: "one" Nigeria And The Circle Of Blood by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
SamIkenna:

I was going through old Nigerian schools' pics on this link https://www.nairaland.com/1973226/discovering-nigerias-educational-excellence-achebes and then I stumbled on your beautiful thread. I only have 3 words for you after reading this write-up - what an insight!

Its like it was written yesterday. I mean, where was I in 2009...not sure Boko Haram was in killing business then right? But look at where we are now, unbelievable! Like you rightly said - its a circle.

what can I say?
It is rather painful that men who have eyes cannot see!

the circle of blood is at the moment in the North! Children are loosing their parents for no reason.

All we need do is come together, sit down and discuss Nigeria!

But some people are scared of even discussing the bases of our "oneness"!

We shall do our bit to see that the black man gets it right!

The colonial masters came, and forced us into slavery in our own lands!

Until we make up our minds to take back our destinies, I am afraid that this circle will contiue!
Re: "one" Nigeria And The Circle Of Blood by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
SamIkenna:

And we're doing it.

at the expense of blood of the innocent?

Then its not worth it!

(1) (Reply)

Obama Apologises To Quinton Ezeagwula and Bill Long's family / / In Nigeria- Leaders Of Tmrow Indeed- With These Bunch, Do Nigeria Have A Future?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.