Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. (3749 Views)

Petrol Bombs, Weapons Recovered From Nnamdi Kanu’s House - Abia CP / Fake Army Officer Caught With 3 Kids All Tied With Bombs On Their Body In Abuja / Olusola Oke Campaigns In Owo, Akeredolu’s Stronghold (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by ionsman: 10:33pm On Nov 15, 2015
French fighter jets have dropped 20 bombs on the Islamic State (IS) stronghold of Raqqa in northern Syria.

The planes hit a jihadi recruitment centre, training camp and arms depot run by the extremist group, according to the French defence ministry.

A spokesman described it as a "massive" attack and France's biggest to date in Syria.

The bombing raid was launched from air bases in United Arab Emirates and Jordan, and involved 10 of France's 12 fighter jets based there.

It follows Friday's terror attacks which left 132 people dead in the French capital.

Play video "September 2014: Life Inside Raqqa"

Video: September 2014: Life Inside Raqqa
IS fighters said they carried out the gun and bomb massacre on busy bars, restaurants and a music venue.

Sky's Sam Kiley, in northern Iraq, said the French airstrikes should not be seen as a "wanton act of revenge, but France saying we want to do all the strikes".

He said they were not carpet-bombing raids, but precision-guided operations that had been well planned in advance.

More follows...

http://news.sky.com/story/1588256/france-drops-20-bombs-on-is-stronghold-raqqa?dcmp=snt-sf-twitter

Lovely News!!
Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by kilokeys(m): 10:39pm On Nov 15, 2015
Dem dey vex..

But if these countries were left on their own without interference.. Wouldn't the world be better?

Libya, Iraq, Syria, even continents like Africa..

Basterds... They interfered, now we travel their and cause havoc.. They r complaining..

From drugs, to theft, to terrorism, even good stuff like outshining their academics and all..

They brought it on themselves... Mtcheeew.. Why can't we just live and let live?

7 Likes

Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by redsconsult(m): 10:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
conspiracy everywhere...just bcause france wish to be actively involve in destroying assad and russia

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
Better late than never. But why nçt offensive as Russia before

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by Bugatie(m): 11:08pm On Nov 15, 2015
Good morning Paris smiley

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by larride(m): 11:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
The world is really coming to an end, my sympathy to the bereaved, may God grant them the fortitude to bear the loss. Violence is the only thing that these IS understand and I guess violence they shall get.
Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by Chubhie: 11:18pm On Nov 15, 2015
So the french knew these locations and were waiting for ISIS to patronise them first?

16 Likes

Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by tartar9(m): 11:28pm On Nov 15, 2015
raqqa is a town occupied mostly by civilians who wills be the ones to be affected most by those bombs.good one france,keep creating more 'terrorists'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by Nature8(m): 11:31pm On Nov 15, 2015
This is serious..
Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by mike404(m): 11:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
MEHN ITS GONNA BE A SAD DAY IN AGARAWU'S FAMILY sad AGARAWU TAKE HEART EHEN

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by mike404(m): 11:47pm On Nov 15, 2015
tartar9:
raqqa is a town occupied mostly by civilians who wills be the ones to be affected most by those bombs.good one france,keep creating more 'terrorists'
JIHADI TARTAR HAVE YOU BEEN TO RAQQA BEFORE.

11 Likes

Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by cmart09(m): 11:53pm On Nov 15, 2015
World War 3 is on.
Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by Nobody: 12:22am On Nov 16, 2015
tartar9:
what do you suggest they do? Go back to sleep and wait for next Muslim attack?

6 Likes

Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by ValerianSteel(m): 1:02am On Nov 16, 2015
Now an international co-operation against ISIS would be renewed with the Paris Attacks as a perfect leverage to blow up half of the middle-east soon enough.

I wonder how Russia plans to keep Assad safe with its S-400 missiles should an international coalition fly into Syria to destroy ISIL bases,definitely Russia would now be seen as the one blocking victory against ISIS in an event it unrepetently shoots down any jet belonging to the allied coalition against ISIS.

The good thing is proxy war or not,ISIS would be dealt with and the agitation to deal with them has just been rekindled.
Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by fr3do(m): 1:16am On Nov 16, 2015
But the way some of the attackers are reported to have been talking about syria while some possessing syrian passports looks very convenient.

It is like a justification for military operations.

Rip to the dead sha.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by tasceige(m): 2:25am On Nov 16, 2015
Nations will rise against Nations...
Nah so e dey start... God be with us all..
Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by chris4gold(m): 3:08am On Nov 16, 2015
waiting...
Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by Nobody: 3:30am On Nov 16, 2015
ValerianSteel:
Now an international co-operation against ISIS would be renewed with the Paris Attacks as a perfect leverage to blow up half of the middle-east soon enough.

I wonder how Russia plans to keep Assad safe with its S-400 missiles should an international coalition fly into Syria to destroy ISIL bases,definitely Russia would now be seen as the one blocking victory against ISIS in an event it unrepetently shoots down any jet belonging to the allied coalition against ISIS.

I think you are mixing things up.
Actually, Assad(Syrian President) and the only one still keeping what's left of that country together with the help of Russia and Iran, benefits most from the attacks on ISIL. He was able to suppress terrorist from Syria just like Ghadafi in Libya till the Americans/NATO started arming terrorist/rebels to topple his government.
Now the rebels are now using the same ammunitions given to them by NATO to terrorize the west.

If not for the invasion of Libya, i am sure boko haram won't be half as strong as they are now.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by i8sins(m): 3:39am On Nov 16, 2015
Gud one....
Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by yetunsbay(m): 3:41am On Nov 16, 2015
cmart09:
World War 3 is on.
seasonal or home video abeg?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by Lanretoye(m): 4:21am On Nov 16, 2015
i hope i no go start to dey see ISIL flag for ppl facebook profile.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by fineguy11(m): 4:22am On Nov 16, 2015
ValerianSteel:

The good thing is proxy war or not,ISIS would be dealt with and the agitation to deal with them has just been rekindled.
as long as ISIS base is being targeted in syria,ASAD has nothing to worry...infact this attack has shifted the stance of some of the Europe top leaders and some are already endorsing russia's methods and plans for syria...former french president SARKOZY has urged the west to work with russia ....the coalition cannot and will bomb ASAD forces or their iranian allies on the ground....not even now that an 'alledged' S-400 is on ground in latakia...
Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by Mcbussy(m): 5:08am On Nov 16, 2015
kilokeys:
Dem dey vex..

But if these countries were left on their own without interference.. Wouldn't the world be better?

Basterds... They interfered, now we travel their and cause havoc.. They r complaining..

From drugs, to theft, to terrorism, even good stuff like outshining their academics and all..

They brought it on themselves... Mtcheeew.. Why can't we just live and let live?

You mean a better world where ISIS just start killing citizens of Iraq and Syria that are not of thesame religion with them right?... Thats ur perception of the good world that western countries shouldn't interfere with. A world of continuous genocide where the minority live in fear and majority keep killing them...no,I'd rather watch the world explode and humanity extinct than to watch that while folding my arms...it's only a matter of score,180 French citizens and tourists dead, I'm sure ISIS can count thousands of Islamic barbarians dead...so let d games continue undecided

P.S: since u believe so much that their actions are justified, u can also join them. I'm sure membership is free and easy for all Muslims. I bet u'll be dead and rocking 97 virgins in paradise b4 3 months. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by Nobody: 5:10am On Nov 16, 2015
i'm a very devoted Muslim. but I pray this ISIS should never know peace. I want people to understand that they are not fighting on the course of Islam, they just find joy in killing and destroying people and properties. these same bastards claiming to b fighting for Islam are the same bastards who eat pork and drink alcohol which is prohibited in Islam. U won't knw peace...insha Allah...amin

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by Nobody: 5:16am On Nov 16, 2015

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by kunzo: 5:20am On Nov 16, 2015
God will have mercy on the entire world to put an end to insurgency.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by PLANETMARS(m): 5:20am On Nov 16, 2015
Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by kenedy175(m): 5:28am On Nov 16, 2015
So they knew the precise locations of these strongholds and didn't do anything all this while.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by RaeMystix: 5:40am On Nov 16, 2015
This confirms The Beginning of the End
Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by Nobody: 5:49am On Nov 16, 2015
kilokeys:
Dem dey vex..

United States of America not they

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by ril19(m): 5:50am On Nov 16, 2015
hehehehehe.

France Don Dey Hyper React Now.

If Dem Finish Make Dem Expect ISIS Own Reaction Kwa.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike / How They East might React June 13 2023 , if they lose the presidency / How Police Officer Allegedly Killed DSS Operative In Imo State. See Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.