Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike (3751 Views)

Ekiti Election Worst Political Robbery In Nigeria — Wike / I Will Never Support The Breakup Of Nigeria - Wike / APC Has Succeeded In Dividing Nigeria – Wike Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 01, 2017
The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has lamented that the Federal Government no longer cares about projects execution in the state because the state does not matter in its development programme.

Wike added that his administration has taken over Federal Government’s responsibilities in the State, not because it has excess resources, but because it is committed to the rapid development of the state.
The governor was speaking on Wednesday during the groundbreaking ceremony for the
construction of the National Industrial Court,
NIC, which will be funded by the state
government.
According to him, “All the facts point to the fact
that Rivers State does not count in the
development programmes of the Federal
Government. And this has sadly been the
situation for decades.
“Yet, we produced the bulk of the resources
that are sustaining the entire country and
funding multi-billion Naira development projects
in other States of the federation.
“And so, our position is that, while we shall
continue to demand for a fair treatment and
commensurate recompense for our contributions
to the national pool of resources, we cannot but
endeavour to put our development destiny in our
own hands, even if it means spending money on
projects that should be initiated, funded and
maintained by the Federal Government or its
agencies.”
“The point needs to be made that,we are taking
these important steps and bearing such huge
costs because of the need to create, recreate
and reinforce the enabling social and economic
environment for the continuous development of
our State.
“It is not because we have too much money to
throw around on Federal projects; it is because
of our love, passion and commitment to develop
our State, because we realized that the Federal
Government has since abdicated its
development responsibility to Rivers State.”

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2017/03/01/rivers-state-no-longer-part-nigeria-wike/?utm_source=dlvr.it_dp1&utm_medium=facebook
Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by HungerBAD: 4:17pm On Mar 01, 2017
Wike the cry baby.

Please give the cry baby a bottle of warm milk.

This is really bad,I mean,so for 16 years that PDP ruled,they neglected Rivers State?Wike I am quoting you since you are claiming Rivers has been neglected for decades.

Your Cry does not pass my smell test. When Politicians want to loot,they first complain of how their constituents have been ignored by past Government,and they will use this as an excuse to pillage the State's resources.

I can bet you that by next week,Wike will apply for a loan worth Millions of $ on behalf of the State. He has cried the cry today,and by next week it's time to REAP.

Classic stealing style,borrowed from Peter Odili's playbook.

It's just unfortunate Wike's Cutlass carrying/Head cutting thugs,have silenced any form of complaints in Rivers State.

T-The
E-End
S-Shall
T-Tell.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 4:17pm On Mar 01, 2017
true cool
Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by HiddenShadow: 4:20pm On Mar 01, 2017
Tonyebarcanista must not hear this

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by greaterlove001: 4:20pm On Mar 01, 2017
Most federal roads in Akwa Ibom state were built by the state govt. Govt is Govt. whether state or federal.

6 Likes

Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by basilo102: 4:22pm On Mar 01, 2017
This contradicts his rantings in his unsolicited visit to Sokoto.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 01, 2017
Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by swagagolic01(m): 4:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
Na to dey carry our money dey go north.... Stupid country
Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by saint047(m): 4:41pm On Mar 01, 2017
It is well
Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:50pm On Mar 01, 2017
Exactly my major problem with PMB.

The issue is that the way we play politics in Nigeria is not the way its done elsewhere in the world. Always the winner takes it all mentality. A region that gives u oil, you want to punish them because they didn't vote u.

The day the man made that 5% statement is the day I discovered that he is brain dead.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by Qmerit(m): 6:00pm On Mar 01, 2017
Kkkk
Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by Qmerit(m): 6:05pm On Mar 01, 2017
SpecialAdviser:

The issue is that the way we play politics in Nigeria is not the way its done elsewhere in the world. Always the winner takes it all mentality. A region that gives u oil, you want to punish them because they didn't vote u.

The day the man made that 5% statement is the day I discovered that he is brain dead.

Wike said. "And this has sadly been the
situation for decades". Where did you get your problem from with PMB in this article.?
Tell me what our own did for us when he gat 100% support from us!? Don't always be fast to point fingers at PMB.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by omenkaLives(m): 6:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
According to him, “All the facts point to the fact
that Rivers State does not count in the
development programmes of the Federal
Government. And this has sadly been the
situation for decades.
Eyaaa, and here I am thinking the ineffectual buffoon turned Rivers into some sort of utopia. embarassed

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by omenkaLives(m): 6:17pm On Mar 01, 2017
SpecialAdviser:

Imagine the trash you just typed.

The thugnor said that had been the situation for DECADES which means your god's era inclusive.

Now, a decade equals 10years. If you walk back one decade, you arrive at 2007, and out of that, the drunkard had nearly SIX years, from 2009 to 2015!! But in your hate filled bigoted mind, you prefer to shove your foot right inside your mouth, bury your head in the sand, and blame someone who's spent LESS THAN TWO YEARS!!

Now, digest that for a second and you'd realise how foolish your comment was.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by swagagolic01(m): 6:24pm On Mar 01, 2017
omenkaLives:

The thugnor said that had been the situation for DECADES which means your god's era inclusive.

Now, a decade equals 10years. If you walk back one decade, you arrive at 2007, and out of that, the drunkard had nearly SIX years, from 2009 to 2015!! But in your hate filled bigoted mind, you prefer to shove your foot right inside your mouth, bury your head in the sand, and blame someone who's spent LESS THAN TWO YEARS!!

Y don't u comment on threads concerning ya useless benue state? Must u lament at d sight of d name WIKE nd rivers state Oga do yaself a favour nd concentrate on ya useless state..... rivers people are enjoying whom they voted for, thank you

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by omenkaLives(m): 6:29pm On Mar 01, 2017
swagagolic01:

Y don't u comment on threads concerning ya useless benue state? Must u lament at d sight of d name WIKE nd rivers state Oga do yaself a favour nd concentrate on ya useless state..... rivers people are enjoying whom they voted for, thank you
I would comment on whatever thread I wanna comment on and there's nothing any ghetto scum scrubber can do about it. That comment was idiotic and only idiots would approve of it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by swagagolic01(m): 7:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
omenkaLives:
I would comment on whatever thread I wanna comment on and there's nothing any ghetto scum scrubber can do about it. That comment was idiotic and only idiots would approve of it.

Mouth action as usual, your state is in need of voices to keep the useless government in shape, obio Akpor LGA is better than ya entire state, still yet u will be lamenting abt rivers state nd it's governor, try get small shame ah beg

6 Likes

Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by Abdhul(m): 8:24pm On Mar 01, 2017
A
Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by RobbStark(m): 10:00pm On Mar 01, 2017
omenkaLives:

I think the name Wike or PDP makes your little pe.nis jerk up.

Your godsent Dullardin.ho is not back, wat sayest thou?.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by Funlordmaniac(m): 10:26pm On Mar 01, 2017
omenkaLives:
I would comment on whatever thread I wanna comment on and there's nothing any GHETTO SCUM SCRUBBER can do about it. That comment was idiotic and only idiots would approve of it.

grin grin grin

See ending? Swagagolic01 sorry oh!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by Nukualofa: 10:35pm On Mar 01, 2017
omenkaLives:
Eyaaa, and here I am thinking the ineffectual buffoon turned Rivers into some sort of utopia. embarassed
Don't you hve State? Are you stateless

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by ifyan(m): 12:45am On Mar 02, 2017
Opposition no good for 9ja politics
Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by Justiceleague1: 3:25am On Mar 02, 2017
HungerBAD:
Wike the cry baby.

Please give the cry baby a bottle of warm milk.

This is really bad,I mean,so for 16 years that PDP ruled,they neglected Rivers State?Wike I am quoting you since you are claiming Rivers has been neglected for decades.

Your Cry does not pass my smell test. When Politicians want to loot,they first complain of how their constituents have been ignored by past Government,and they will use this as an excuse to pillage the State's resources.

I can bet you that by next week,Wike will apply for a loan worth Millions of $ on behalf of the State. He has cried the cry today,and by next week it's time to REAP.

Classic stealing style,borrowed from Peter Odili's playbook.

It's just unfortunate Wike's Cutlass carrying/Head cutting thugs,have silenced any form of complaints in Rivers State.

T-The
E-End
S-Shall
T-Tell.

mental grin

ogogoro rants grin

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by Trut(m): 4:03am On Mar 02, 2017
Aba-Port Harcourt is in total SHAMBLE (a DEATH TRAP). The annoying thing is that there are a lot of Soldier and Police checkpoint (8 checkpoints) within that short distance and all of the checkpoints are extorting from motorists plying that root.
Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:25am On Mar 02, 2017
I don't like joining issues with pe
Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:31am On Mar 02, 2017
omenkaLives:

I don't like joining issues with people like you but sometimes I'm forced because of your baby reasoning.

Why do u always make reference to GEJ whenever you argue? Simply because u think that anybody who hates PMB is a GEJ supporter. Madness.

So if GEJ failed the region, then Buhari should fail the region also?
Where is then the change? Why don't PMB go on to implement policies that will better their lives and shame Jonathan? Rather than resort to doing everything to capture the state for his party causing the death of many people, why not display the character of a leader? Why being vindictive?

No right thinking man who loves his people will go in front of camera and call them 5%. Even the woman who asked him the question was shocked at his response to a region that gives u the resources to run your govt. She just imagined the lunatic voted as a president. This is a region smart politicians like Atiku were promising a whole ministry. He went on with his threat trying to suspend maritime university and other stupid policies.
Ignorant people like you were hailing him and asking the 5% to do what they like. Today a whole country is in recession. Today he is in London and does not know what's up with the 95% and the 5%.

Did Jonathan made such statement against the north despite their opposition in 2011 and going forward to form Book Haram? Did he discriminate any region? Is he not wiser than you slowpoke president?

Buhari is a nepotic man who saw his coming to power as an opportunity to consolidate power for his northern brothers. He failed to think out of the box and so he failed completely. Today his status is unknown.

Shows how God punishes tyrants.
I know you always have headache on Buhari issues but I'm sorry for ur pathetic situation. There is nothing anybody can do to help you.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by omenkaLives(m): 7:37am On Mar 02, 2017
SpecialAdviser:

I don't like joining issues with people like you but sometimes I'm forced because of your baby reasoning.

Why do u always make reference to GEJ whenever you argue? Simply because u think that anybody who hates PMB is a GEJ supporter. Madness.

So if GEJ failed the region, then Buhari should fail the region also?

No right thinking man who loves his people will go in front of camera and call them 5%. Even the woman that asked him the question was shocked at his response to a region that gives u the resources to run your govt. She just imagined the lunatic voted as a president. This is a region smart politicians like Atiku were promising a whole ministry. He went on with his threat trying to suspend maritime university and other stupid policies.
Ignorant people like you were hailing him and asking the 5% to do what they like. Today a whole country is in recession. Today he is in London and does not know what's up with the 95% and the 5%.

Did Jonathan made such statement against the north despite their opposition in 2011 and going forward to form Book Haram? Did he discriminate any region? Is he not wiser than you slowpoke president?

Buhari is a nepotic man who saw his coming to power as an opportunity to consolidate power for his northern brothers. He failed to think out of the box and so he failed completely. Today his status is unknown.

Shows how God punishes tyrants.
I know you always have headache on Buhari issues but I'm sorry for ur pathetic situation. There is nothing anybody can do to help you.
Shut up. Your post was idiotic.
Re: Rivers State No Longer Part Of Nigeria – Wike by Agimor(m): 7:53am On Mar 02, 2017
Buhari is dividing the country along ethnic and religious line.

(1) (Reply)

See What Hon. Patrick Obahiaghon Has To Say About The Ooni Of Ife (photo) / FG Pledges More Devt Projects For N’delta / Check Out This Facebook Post From A Northerner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.