Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. (3765 Views)

Petrol Bombs, Weapons Recovered From Nnamdi Kanu’s House - Abia CP / Fake Army Officer Caught With 3 Kids All Tied With Bombs On Their Body In Abuja / Olusola Oke Campaigns In Owo, Akeredolu’s Stronghold (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by Nobody: 5:55am On Nov 16, 2015
marioking:
Better late than never. But why nçt offensive as Russia before
They knew all those locations all along. But they wanted the terrorist to do their (NATO's) dirty job of driving away ASSAD or killing him just like the rebels killed Ghadafi. They never imagined the terrorist would also terrorize them with the same NATO weapons. Only if they knew the average mindset of the Arab and how much they hate the west.
And they(Arabs) never forgive, the children and families of those they are bombing right now would eventually take up arms and seek revenge by turning to terrorist themselves. It's already happening, one of the suicide bombers in the last attack was a refugee from Syria.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by onatisi(m): 6:23am On Nov 16, 2015
kilokeys:
Dem dey vex..

But if these countries were left on their own without interference.. Wouldn't the world be better?

Libya, Iraq, Syria, even continents like Africa..

Basterds... They interfered, now we travel their and cause havoc.. They r complaining..

From drugs, to theft, to terrorism, even good stuff like outshining their academics and all..

They brought it on themselves... Mtcheeew.. Why can't we just live and let live?
this is exactly what is dominating the us presidential debate now and ppl are accusing Hilary Clinton of creating problems by removing sadam,the removal of sadam has been seen as a major catalyst that allowed Isis to flourish. They removed gadaffi and 4years after the place is now a total war zone .russia keeps saying that removing Assad will create bigger problems and that is why Russia is keen on making sure Assad stays

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by ValerianSteel(m): 9:04am On Nov 16, 2015
fineguy11:
as long as ISIS base is being targeted in syria,ASAD has nothing to worry...infact this attack has shifted the stance of some of the Europe top leaders and some are already endorsing russia's methods and plans for syria...former french president SARKOZY has urged the west to work with russia ....the coalition cannot and will bomb ASAD forces or their iranian allies on the ground....not even now that an 'alledged' S-400 is on ground in latakia...
The coalition has no direct need to attack Syrian forces.All that is needed is Russia working with the international coalition this time around opening Syrian airspace to joint co-ordinated attacks against ISIS.

Failure for Russia to this would result in the coalition legally violating Syrian airspace and waging a full fledged war against ISIS and at the very last infiltrate Syria and topple Assad.

This no one wants to see yet cause it would turn to Russia vs the world in tiny Syria.
Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by tartar9(m): 9:13am On Nov 16, 2015
ThisMeansWars:
what do you suggest they do? Go back to sleep and wait for next Muslim attack?
and how will bombing innocent people who are already suffering under the hands of Isis prevent any further attacks? or rather encouraging the opposite.
Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by ValerianSteel(m): 9:22am On Nov 16, 2015
saxywale:

I think you are mixing things up.
Actually, Assad(Syrian President) and the only one still keeping what's left of that country together with the help of Russia and Iran, benefits most from the attacks on ISIL. He was able to suppress terrorist from Syria just like Ghadafi in Libya till the Americans/NATO started arming terrorist/rebels to topple his government.
Now the rebels are now using the same ammunitions given to them by NATO to terrorize the west.

If not for the invasion of Libya, i am sure boko haram won't be half as strong as they are now.
How do you people openly support a man who turned against his own people just to stay in power.Millions of Syrians have fled the violence metted to them by Syrian forces whilst ISIS also strikes them yet you deem it fit to say Assad,Russia and Iran are what is holding Syria together.Hell No,there efforts so far as not brought sanity to the borders or Syria nor has it protected the remaining Syrians living in the homeland and no effort whatsoever is on ground to repatriate Syrians abroad.

Yes it's an open secret that the U.S. Armed Rebels to topple Assad and the rebels have deviced another avenue to make use of the weapons.

Had they been successful without Russia's propagandist intervention We would have seen a fair transition of power to a a widely supported democracy championed by the UN but Russia decided to keep a tyrant who has murdered thousands of Syrians just to stay relevant in world politics once again.
Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by wordcat(m): 9:59am On Nov 16, 2015
Chubhie:
So the french knew these locations and were waiting for ISIS to patronise them first?

Good question.
Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by fineguy11(m): 2:21pm On Nov 16, 2015
ValerianSteel:
The coalition has no direct need to attack Syrian forces.All that is needed is Russia working with the international coalition this time around opening Syrian airspace to joint co-ordinated attacks against ISIS.

Failure for Russia to this would result in the coalition legally violating Syrian airspace and waging a full fledged war against ISIS and at the very last infiltrate Syria and topple Assad.

This no one wants to see yet cause it would turn to Russia vs the world in tiny Syria.
personally,i dont think the paris attacks wld change anything in the coalition strategy...the worst that will happen is an increase in the rate of airstrikes against isis targets...i dont see france/US or even russia sending ground forces into syria,,...the truth is there is no end in sight for terrorism world wide..terrorism has come to stay,we just have to live with it..
Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by ValerianSteel(m): 3:53pm On Nov 16, 2015
fineguy11:
personally,i dont think the paris attacks wld change anything in the coalition strategy...the worst that will happen is an increase in the rate of airstrikes against isis targets...i dont see france/US or even russia sending ground forces into syria,,...the truth is there is no end in sight for terrorism world wide..terrorism has come to stay,we just have to live with it..
I refuse to accept this mantra.

Accepting this means we've given up on humanity and I refuse to give up on the better good of the world today.

As long as many people with good hearts exists on this planet,terrorism will be expunged gradually off the face of the earth.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 16, 2015
tartar9:
and how will bombing innocent people who are already suffering under the hands of Isis prevent any further attacks? or rather encouraging the opposite.
so, habouring terrorist is not enough reason to be bombed into oblivion?
Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by fineguy11(m): 5:26pm On Nov 16, 2015
ValerianSteel:
I refuse to accept this mantra.

Accepting this means we've given up on humanity and I refuse to give up on the better good of the world today.

As long as many people with good hearts exists on this planet,terrorism will be expunged gradually off the face of the earth.
those countries fighting terrorism have fueled this scorge directly or indirectly,.US,RUSSIA,IRAN,SAUDI ARABIA,THE WEST,these parties are involved one way or the other..who supplies ISIS with their toyota trucks?AK 47(primary weapon of jihadist) and otner light arms,is supplied by who?its estimated that ISIS makes over 2million dollars a day from oil sale,who are the buyers?.. Its all a game bro,Russia,US,the WEST are all cohorts in the global scheme...
Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by ValerianSteel(m): 5:43pm On Nov 16, 2015
fineguy11:
those countries fighting terrorism have fueled this scorge directly or indirectly,.US,RUSSIA,IRAN,SAUDI ARABIA,THE WEST,these parties are involved one way or the other..who supplies ISIS with their toyota trucks?AK 47(primary weapon of jihadist) and otner light arms,is supplied by who?its estimated that ISIS makes over 2million dollars a day from oil sale,who are the buyers?.. Its all a game bro,Russia,US,the WEST are all cohorts in the global scheme...
We all know of the dirty dealings of the parties involved in the anti-terrorism campaign globally.They benefit one way or the other and often times these terrorists are advantageous to their undocumented causes,but as an individual in the world today,I don't believe in the acts of terror propagated by any terror group.

I will continually stand against them as long as humanity exists in the little ways I can.I believe in the capability of human compassion and good heartedness of a select few to make a difference where hope is failing.

No matter how long it takes,governments come and go,a new government would surface in all these countries that would expose the past dealings with terror organizations and would come up with a decisive plan of action to completely eliminate them and bring sanity to humanity once again.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by tartar9(m): 7:37pm On Nov 16, 2015
ThisMeansWars:
so, habouring terrorist is not enough reason to be bombed into oblivion?
do you even know what is going on,their lands were forcefully taken over by Isis and you say they are harbouring terrorists
Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 16, 2015
tartar9:
do you even know what is going on,their lands were forcefully taken over by Isis and you say they are harbouring terrorists
okay. Aren't they supposed to be happy that France is bombing those who forcefully took away there lands?
Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by tartar9(m): 7:48pm On Nov 16, 2015
ThisMeansWars:
okay. Aren't they supposed to be happy that France is bombing those who forcefully took away there lands?
why should they happy? when for every one terrorist that is killed,10 of them will die.
Re: Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 16, 2015
tartar9:
why should they happy? when for every one terrorist that is killed,10 of them will die.
and you knew this how exactly ?

Have you been to raqqa ? Are raqqa people complaining ?

Like i asked earlier, What do you propose France should do? Wait for the next attack because they don't want people living with terrorists to die ?

If I have terrorist in my house and I have a chance of leaving the house or reporting the terrorist for proper action, I won't hesisate ..if no authority, I will fight the terrorist myself, if no power, I will leave the house for the terrorist.. But
when I have a terrorist in my house and we are doing padi padi together, it means we are gang.

The same way Nigerian army knew book haram were in sqmbisa yet the north were shielding them and whenever Nigeria strikes, you start shouting they are killing civilians ....

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Even Sahara Reporters Are Now Feeling The Heat. (pics) / SHOCKING: Army Corporal In Presidential Guards Identified As Boko Haram Combatan / The Real Person Behind The EFCC Handle Has Been Revealed By A Co-Worker (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.