Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) (61322 Views)

My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! / See The Snake I Killed In The Midnight (pics) / I Killed 2 Scorpions In My Room This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by Fearcom(m): 8:41am On Nov 16, 2015
There are fruit bats....and there are blood sucking bats. And both of 'em carry horrible diseases.

1 Like

Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by edogho(m): 8:42am On Nov 16, 2015
mysteriousman:
Well done op so you forget go meeting them come follow you come house grin

The thing fear me too when he say "I picked up my broom stick" cool

I think say he go fly follow d bat go meeting sef .. dry thread

2 Likes

Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by Jalinco: 8:43am On Nov 16, 2015
So OP, what are you trying to make out of this?

Pepper soup?

Don't forget Ebola and it's reported carrier
Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by rodmann(m): 8:45am On Nov 16, 2015
@OP I strongly advise you confirm that no one in your household was bitten by the bat. You might want to read this for your information too. http://www.cdc.gov/features/bats/

1 Like

Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by emmabest2000(m): 8:46am On Nov 16, 2015
Khd95:
I was fully awake around 5:10AM when i noticed something flew over my head, scared and alerted i
jumped up, switched on the light nd wahla, it was this monster undecided

i have heard stories of bat sucking people dry, but this failed, if that was its mission, as i traced it down to the kids's room, managed to chase it out to the sitting...i went for my broom stick, patiently waited for it to come over, the idiot was doing 360 degree over my head, i swooped at it severaly, but did get it.

This thing looks so large when flying, but when i finaly bring it down, it looked like a coin
This isn't the first time i will be killing bats in my house, but this one seems like a dragon to megringringrin

i still havent decipher how they manage to get into my house,but i never fail to slay them when ever they stray incheesycheesy
the bat just miss road .. They live inside ur ceiling . With time they will use poo to destroy ur ceiling ..

1 Like

Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by BABANGBALI: 9:00am On Nov 16, 2015
visitor from your village grin

1 Like

Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by jossybranduk9(m): 9:00am On Nov 16, 2015
Oh my God! may his soul rest in perfect peace.
pls this is a lession to everyone using earphone.
Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by FRANKOXY(m): 9:02am On Nov 16, 2015
Blind bat miss road.

1 Like

Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by BigBenoski(m): 9:09am On Nov 16, 2015
naijaking1:
@poster,
Please there is no magic here. This is a fruit bat.
Simply look up the life and biology of bats, you will be impressed by what you will learn. Despite the primitive superstition with which we look at these animals, they're simply obeying the laws of biology: looking for food, shelter, and an opportunity to reproduce.

If you're constantly finding bats in your room, I can tell you now that your room is dirty and it harbor foods for them(insects, rats, etc), your room is also likely dark with a lot of hiding places for the animal and it's mate.

Before you go spending your time and money hiring a babalawo or a prayer warrior, simply clean, remove all trash, and kill all vermin in your so-called room or dungeon. Open up the windows in your room, and illuminate the place f or once!

The fear for bats is not because they suck all your blood as in the movies, but because their droppings can give you serious lung disease when you breath them.

That's not a frugivore.. Can't see it very clearly, but it looks like either a Hipposideros or Rhinolophus. The bats are just looking for insects. @op, don't be surprised about how they gain entrance into your apartment; unlike fruit bats, insectivorous bats have a highly developed/efficient echolocation system that helps them navigate beautifully in the dark. Please stop depleting the naija bat diversity...abeg. Next time you see them, just let them out or just follow Naijakings1's advice.
Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by Mackson01: 9:10am On Nov 16, 2015
Go & screen for ebola

1 Like

Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by loomer: 9:18am On Nov 16, 2015
In other words, you don conclude say na witchcraft things
Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by donhils: 9:18am On Nov 16, 2015
Mmttcchheeww..
Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 16, 2015
Stray bats are normally rabies infested. Take the bat to ministry of health for evaluation. If infected vaccinate your whole family for rabies including yourself . If they can't test the bat vaccinate ur entire family against rabies as a precaution. Take this serious because active rabies infection has no cure.

1 Like

Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 16, 2015
Bats aren't as harmful as people actually think. They don't even have eyes, like the rightly said, they look large while flying but very small when not. I have killed a multiple in my apartment but i discovered somethings about them. They are very smart and they usually move in twos. Op look for every smallest hole in your house, they can come in from anywhere.

Also ensure you have bulb everywhere and its lighted cos they move in the dark. Only sick and disturbed ones move in day time. Don't be too scared of them, they don't hurt. They carry disease tho
Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 16, 2015
whr do u live..sambisa forest? angry

1 Like

Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by Khd95(m): 9:36am On Nov 16, 2015
CindyeMerAld:
whr do u live..sambisa forest? angry

yes behind ur village king's housegrin
Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by biz2get(m): 9:37am On Nov 16, 2015
Congrats!!! Yuu Killed Your Share Of Ebola shocked shocked angry angry
Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by biz2get(m): 9:38am On Nov 16, 2015
Khd95:

yes behind ur village king's housegrin

ahahahah ... i just past there now grin grin cheesy
Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by Khd95(m): 9:39am On Nov 16, 2015
edogho:

The thing fear me too when he say "I picked up my broom stick" cool

I think say he go fly follow d bat go meeting sef .. dry thread
grin
fear not,iam just a bat slayercheesy
Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by bigtt76(f): 9:41am On Nov 16, 2015
Beware of Ebola bro but please make sure you disinfect your house as the bat might have dropped excreta on the furniture and beds to avoid you or your family members coming into contact with it.

To prevent re-occurrence, make sure you use strong wire gauze to screen all openings underneath your house roof and other parts of the house open to intrusion.

All the best

1 Like

Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 16, 2015
Khd95:
I was fully awake around 5:10AM when i noticed something flew over my head, scared and alerted i
jumped up, switched on the light nd wahla, it was this monster undecided

i have heard stories of bat sucking people dry, but this failed, if that was its mission, as i traced it down to the kids's room, managed to chase it out to the sitting...i went for my broom stick, patiently waited for it to come over, the idiot was doing 360 degree over my head, i swooped at it severaly, but did get it.

This thing looks so large when flying, but when i finaly bring it down, it looked like a coin
This isn't the first time i will be killing bats in my house, but this one seems like a dragon to megringringrin

i still havent decipher how they manage to get into my house,but i never fail to slay them when ever they stray incheesycheesy

maybe ur son is destined to be BATMAN embarassed
Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 16, 2015
bigtt76:
Beware of Ebola bro but please make sure you disinfect your house as the bat might have dropped excreta on the furniture and beds to avoid you or your family members coming into contact with it.

To prevent re-occurrence, make sure you use strong wire gauze to screen all openings underneath your house roof and other parts of the house open to intrusion.

All the best

Kilode.. All because of BAT?
Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by adellam16(f): 9:53am On Nov 16, 2015
eightsin:
Don't be surprised when it makes front page.
daft nairaland with dafter mods and owner. And it made FP

1 Like

Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by hotdi(m): 9:57am On Nov 16, 2015
agarawu23:
I don't expect this trash to make FP .

You killed a bat and so fvcking what ? undecided

Maybe he never see bat b4 or grin
Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by Bishops10(m): 9:58am On Nov 16, 2015
C'mon why should this make front page #Mtcheww
Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by Khd95(m): 10:11am On Nov 16, 2015
adellam16:
eiiyaaah,i can feel ur paingrin
Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by FTBOY: 10:16am On Nov 16, 2015
this must be teasel.....i heard she's a witch
Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 16, 2015
SirJeffry:
Haba Bros, you just killed my Edo friend's grandma.lipsrsealedgrin

You no well
Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 16, 2015
adellam16:
And you're the daftest for wasting your time to comment on such a daft forum. The fact that you're still on naira land, reading and commenting on the so called daft posts makes you daft as well. I guess its true what they say...birds of a feather flock together
Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by Hallynice(m): 10:41am On Nov 16, 2015
Its ok, just take it to your village and announce everybody will congratulate even more.
Re: See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) by Nickymezor(f): 10:43am On Nov 16, 2015
Cutehector:
Cook and eat
Hmmmmm... Seems u do eat it rite?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Impregnated Twice By Her Twin Brother Insists On Marrying Him (pics) / Mother And Her Little Child Twerk In Video / An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.