Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,402 members, 7,958,162 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:04 AM

Breastfeeding A Baby In Public! Is It Appropriate Or Indecent? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Breastfeeding A Baby In Public! Is It Appropriate Or Indecent? (1043 Views)

Pens Erection In Public Is Embarrassing: Ways To Stop An Unwanted Erection / See What This Elderly Couple Are Doing In Public - Is This Called Love? / Is This Type Of Dressing Appropriate Or Inapproriate for a girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breastfeeding A Baby In Public! Is It Appropriate Or Indecent? by funkyibodude(m): 10:32am On Nov 16, 2015
Over the weekend we had an argument about this topic, some were on the opinion that it was appropriate, some otherwise. Left to me I see it as inappropriate, In as much as I understand the bond between a mother and child, i feel that some sense of decency should be applied when breastfeeding your baby in public.

My opinion though.
Re: Breastfeeding A Baby In Public! Is It Appropriate Or Indecent? by fabulous16(m): 10:34am On Nov 16, 2015
hmmmm can't say its in descent coz situation may warrant it whereby the child will need to be breastfeed at dat moment
Re: Breastfeeding A Baby In Public! Is It Appropriate Or Indecent? by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 16, 2015
For many years, I never saw a lady breastfeed in public until last week on train. I was stunned shocked shocked it looked strange and weird
Re: Breastfeeding A Baby In Public! Is It Appropriate Or Indecent? by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 16, 2015
Breast feeding in public is OK as long the mother have something to cover herself while feeding her baby.there is an etiquette at least..
Re: Breastfeeding A Baby In Public! Is It Appropriate Or Indecent? by funkyibodude(m): 10:39am On Nov 16, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
For many years, I never saw a lady breastfeed in public until last week on train. I was stunned shocked shocked it looked strange and weird
lol what did you do grin
Re: Breastfeeding A Baby In Public! Is It Appropriate Or Indecent? by ayemerbarth: 10:39am On Nov 16, 2015
Why are u seeing it from the woman angle? See it from the child angle. It's decent cos you also eat in public places. Stomach na rascal.

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding A Baby In Public! Is It Appropriate Or Indecent? by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 16, 2015
Very Appropriate!! undecided

Who cares If A pervert sees the boob?? undecided *so, for the sake of decency, a mother should feed her baby in A Toilet simply because she's in Public?***

What matters is the Child You're providing Nutrients to.. that's All that matters!
Re: Breastfeeding A Baby In Public! Is It Appropriate Or Indecent? by Highcuerayte: 10:42am On Nov 16, 2015
Not worth quibbling over. You either satisfy on viewers by watching your baby die of hunger or your baby by feeding her.
Re: Breastfeeding A Baby In Public! Is It Appropriate Or Indecent? by funkyibodude(m): 10:46am On Nov 16, 2015
KashyBaby:
Breast feeding in public is OK as long the mother have something to cover herself while feeding her baby.there is an etiquette at least..
yeah I agree but some mothers don't even care to cover themselves, I remember one time in the bank a lady was breastfeeding her child and she didn't even care to cover herself or seclude herself. The worst is that where she was staying was an exposed place, such that public eyes couldn't miss it undecided
Re: Breastfeeding A Baby In Public! Is It Appropriate Or Indecent? by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 16, 2015
funkyibodude:
lol what did you do grin
well, I was getting off the train already when I noticed her. I just took off my eyes immediately and kept walking grin
I don't think breastfeeding publicly is nice. #MPO

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding A Baby In Public! Is It Appropriate Or Indecent? by funkyibodude(m): 10:52am On Nov 16, 2015
Estharfabian:
Very Appropriate!! undecided

Who cares If A pervert sees the boob?? undecided *so, for the sake of decency, a mother should feed her baby in A Toilet simply because she's in Public?***

What matters is the Child You're providing Nutrients to.. that's All that matters!
what about using a breast pump to store some milk in feeding bottles Then use it if you are to go in a public place with your baby? My suggestion though
Re: Breastfeeding A Baby In Public! Is It Appropriate Or Indecent? by misspicy(f): 11:15am On Nov 16, 2015
funkyibodude:
what about using a breast pump to store some milk in feeding bottles Then use it if you are to go in a public place with your baby? My suggestion though
during the time of our mother they never pumped breast milk for us,dey gave it to us direct and at every angle......if not for the moral decandence in dis generation,who looks at a breastfeeding mother's breast with lust ?
Re: Breastfeeding A Baby In Public! Is It Appropriate Or Indecent? by vkeydon(m): 11:16am On Nov 16, 2015
u can see but u cant touch grin
Re: Breastfeeding A Baby In Public! Is It Appropriate Or Indecent? by funkyibodude(m): 11:22am On Nov 16, 2015
misspicy:

during the time of our mother they never pumped breast milk for us,dey gave it to us direct and at every angle......if not for the moral decandence in dis generation,who looks at a breastfeeding mother's breast with lust ?
yeah I agree with that, during the time of our mums there was high level of decency in public, the had respect for their bodies and they can just breastfeed a baby in public without any form of seclusion cool. Something that's almost impossible to see today

(1) (Reply)

8 Sure Signs You’ve Met The Woman Of Your Dreams / 6 Weird Things Nigerian Men Do Before Valentine / Be Like Janet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.