Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,355 members, 7,812,009 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

FUEL SCARCITY: When Governmental Agencies Take The Adavantage To Extort People. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FUEL SCARCITY: When Governmental Agencies Take The Adavantage To Extort People. (819 Views)

Buhari Appoints Uchechi Orji And Isa Hayatu Chiroma As Heads Of Agencies / Buhari Appoints Heads Of 23 Federal Agencies [full List] / "Stop Using My Name To Extort People" - EFCC Boss, Magu Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FUEL SCARCITY: When Governmental Agencies Take The Adavantage To Extort People. by taosola(m): 12:32pm On Nov 16, 2015
I was at National Identity Management Commission on last Tuesday to register for my National ID Card. When I got to the Center at Ilorin West in Kwara State, I met with the security guard at the gate who told me that I could not register simply because there was no light. He advised me to join the crowd that were waiting outside the gate. I was disappointed and then asked if Federal Government never made any alternative for the exercise if there is power outage. Then he could not answer my question. He insisted that I should join the crowd and put down my name on a provided list, which of cause I did.

To my surprise, someone among the waiting crowd suggested that we contribute money to buy fuel for the agency so that we could be registered without wasting our precious time. I was disappointed and immediately kicked against that. But alas, more than 80% of the crowd started contributing N50.00 each for the development. By then, we were above 130 people on the list.
As some of us refused to contribute, I then learnt that it had been the usual activity of the Agency to tell people that there’s no light and no fuel to run the generator for the registration exercise. To this, they will expect people to help them with about 20ltrs of fuel or above for them to run the generator.

I think this is very ridiculous and unacceptable way of extorting. I decided to share this on Nairaland because I don’t know how I can report this kind of a thing to the appropriate authority.

It now happens on daily basis at National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), Ilorin, Kwara State.
Please share your experience if you have been a victim too.
Let me also make it clear that I was registered even though I didn’t contribute money. And I told the Agency representative who addressed the crowd that it was an unacceptable way of extorting money from people.

Re: FUEL SCARCITY: When Governmental Agencies Take The Adavantage To Extort People. by ademikefaith(m): 12:38pm On Nov 16, 2015
A
Re: FUEL SCARCITY: When Governmental Agencies Take The Adavantage To Extort People. by Firefire(m): 12:54pm On Nov 16, 2015
I no pity anybody, we told una say the CHANGE is fake, una no hear... cheesy

Please enjoy your change quietly and don't make noise about it.

1 Like

Re: FUEL SCARCITY: When Governmental Agencies Take The Adavantage To Extort People. by TunjiMsp: 1:14pm On Nov 16, 2015
Firefire:

Must you be an harse, if you have no meaningful contribution you had better keep quite.
Re: FUEL SCARCITY: When Governmental Agencies Take The Adavantage To Extort People. by mikolo80: 1:58pm On Nov 16, 2015
Firefire:

did Jona gwament not extort us for 6 yrs
Re: FUEL SCARCITY: When Governmental Agencies Take The Adavantage To Extort People. by miqos02(m): 1:59pm On Nov 16, 2015
hmmmm
Re: FUEL SCARCITY: When Governmental Agencies Take The Adavantage To Extort People. by taosola(m): 9:14am On Nov 17, 2015
Firefire:

The only thing that is constant in life, I think they say it is CHANGE. Why can't we let the CHANGE begin from you and I?
Re: FUEL SCARCITY: When Governmental Agencies Take The Adavantage To Extort People. by Firefire(m): 9:15am On Nov 17, 2015
taosola:

The only thing that is constant in life, I think they say it is CHANGE. Why can't we let the CHANGE begin from you and I?

Which kin change?

The CHANGE IS FAKE!

1 Like

Re: FUEL SCARCITY: When Governmental Agencies Take The Adavantage To Extort People. by Phame: 11:08am On Nov 17, 2015
Firefire:

it all started under gej, your god.
@topic. Report to SERVICOM in ilorin.

1 Like

Re: FUEL SCARCITY: When Governmental Agencies Take The Adavantage To Extort People. by taosola(m): 6:14am On Nov 18, 2015
Phame:
it all started under gej, your god.
@topic. Report to SERVICOM in ilorin.

I think you made a point. I will do that even today because reports has it that it still happened yesterday
Re: FUEL SCARCITY: When Governmental Agencies Take The Adavantage To Extort People. by SHOPPERS(m): 6:40am On Nov 18, 2015
Say no to Extortion!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

From Biafra Republic To Kwara Republic / biafra protest drop Oil Production by half In Akwa Ibom/ Bayelsa / Deadly Suicide Attack Rocks Northern Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.