Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,231 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Questions For My Muslim Brothers And Sisters. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions For My Muslim Brothers And Sisters. (957 Views)

Dino Melaye, His Parents, Brothers And Sister In Family Photos / Ambode Joins Muslim Brothers To Celebrate Eid-el-kabir / Yusuf Buhari And Sisters Attend His Best Friend's Graduation In Dubai (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Questions For My Muslim Brothers And Sisters. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 17, 2015
If Islam as you claim is a religion of peace then why are the extremists not extremely peaceful?

Buddhist monks live their lives following the tenets of tolerance and respect for life.

Christian extremists are ready to turn the other cheek in the most provocative circumstance.

So why are the followers of the religion of peace responsible for 99% of terrorist attacks?

I await your responses.

Re: Questions For My Muslim Brothers And Sisters. by Trapnews: 2:12pm On Nov 17, 2015
OP, I hope you are ready
Re: Questions For My Muslim Brothers And Sisters. by Trapnews: 2:13pm On Nov 17, 2015
OP, I hope you are ready it is still early for you to close the thread oooo grin
Re: Questions For My Muslim Brothers And Sisters. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 17, 2015
Trapnews:
OP, I hope you are ready

Never felt more ready
Re: Questions For My Muslim Brothers And Sisters. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 17, 2015
Trapnews:
OP, I hope you are ready it is still early for you to close the thread oooo grin

Highest they can do is derail the thread into a bash fest from where Seun will be forced to shut it down.
Re: Questions For My Muslim Brothers And Sisters. by BIGERBOY1: 2:17pm On Nov 17, 2015
Trust me if the over 1 billion Muslims in the world were extremists, nothing will be left of the remaining 5 billion non Muslims. #muslimsarenoterrorist

The collective army of ISIS, BH, Al Qaeda, Taliban etc r less than 100,000, yet you use that as sample to judge over 1,000,000,000 Muslims in the world.

With majority of victims of Isis, BH being Muslims #muslimsarealsovictims

Re: Questions For My Muslim Brothers And Sisters. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 17, 2015
BIGERBOY1:
Trust me if the over 1 billion Muslims in the world were extremists, nothing will be left of the remaining 5 billion non Muslims. #muslimsarenoterrorist

Trust me if all other religions adhered strictly to their tolerance doctrine only muslims will be alive in the world today.

Re: Questions For My Muslim Brothers And Sisters. by Sharksblow(m): 2:22pm On Nov 17, 2015
many of their scholars need to address this issue, if truly it is a religion of peace... they should make sure they:
1. condemn the attacks all the time
2. join forces together with other religions in waging this war
3. accept that it is the extremists from their religion that's wrecking havoc.

But wait o, do I see an end to this? NO is the answer, how will the world come to an end? how will the anti-CHRIST emerge, how will the prophesies come to pass? It is a pity that the end is near

Re: Questions For My Muslim Brothers And Sisters. by Biodun37: 2:25pm On Nov 17, 2015
You will do yourself good if you can tell me why some misguided youth are demanding seperation from nigeria
Re: Questions For My Muslim Brothers And Sisters. by BIGERBOY1: 2:28pm On Nov 17, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Trust me if all other religions adhered strictly to their tolerance doctrine only muslims will be alive in the world today.

That's the problem, you asked the questions not seeking clarification but confirmation of your existing prejudice.

I repeat, if all Muslims were like Isis, there would be no coptic Christians in Egypt, Jews in Iran, maguzawa (idolators) in kano etc
Re: Questions For My Muslim Brothers And Sisters. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 17, 2015
BIGERBOY1:

That's the problem, you asked the questions not seeking clarification but confirmation of your existing prejudice.

I repeat, if all Muslims were like Isis, there would be no coptic Christians in Egypt, Jews in Iran, maguzawa (idolators) in kano etc

That's where you got it wrong.

Prior to the advent of Islam, all of what is now north Africa and the middle east ( excluding Saudi and gulf states) where once Christians.

Iran and Iraq where one home to Zooratism.

Native Egyptians were Christians before the Arab invasion. Now the indigenous Coptic Egyptians are less than 10%.

All over the Arab muslim world there are christian antiquities that prove that the middle east and north Africa were once christian.

The Arab invasion and jihad destroyed all that heritage and killed or forced the people to adopt their religion.

No where is this more disturbing than in modern Pakistan.

Re: Questions For My Muslim Brothers And Sisters. by BlackBaron: 2:45pm On Nov 17, 2015
Muslims need to start telling themselves the truth.
The actions of ISIS does more harm than a cartoon depicting their prophet.

Claims of not being Muslims is akin to stating BH are not Nigerians from the North East. People hold demented extreme views which gave rise to IS and the likes of BH, chant Allahu Akbar, yet they say they're not Muslims.

The LRA is also a demented, extreme group in Uganda which professes Christianity and carries out acts which are very far from christian beliefs, however they choose to tag themselves Christians, which I cannot willfully take away. I'll also be very worried if various such groups were scattered all over the planet committing just about the same modus operandi.

However, if that was the case, I'll then have to admit generally that there was a problem with interpretation of messages or doctrines. It'll be foolish trying to deny they weren't Christians if they were committing heinous crimes the world over in the name of Christ!

Re: Questions For My Muslim Brothers And Sisters. by BIGERBOY1: 2:47pm On Nov 17, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

That's where you got it wrong.

Prior to the advent of Islam, all of what is now north Africa and the middle east ( excluding Saudi and gulf states) where once Christians.

Iran and Iraq where one home to Zooratism.

Native Egyptians were Christians before the Arab invasion. Now the indigenous Coptic Egyptians are less than 10%.

All over the Arab muslim world there are christian antiquities that prove that the middle east and north Africa were once christian.

The Arab invasion and jihad destroyed all that heritage and killed or forced the people to adopt their religion.

No where is this more disturbing than in modern Pakistan.

Reverend please get your facts right, invasion was not responsible for the presence of islam in the places you mentioned, rather trade, migration and voluntary conversion by the people there was.

Other wise, could you tell me which Arab army invaded Indonesia - the country with the largest Muslim population in the world.

Re: Questions For My Muslim Brothers And Sisters. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
BIGERBOY1:

Reverend please get your facts right, invasion was not responsible for the presence of islam in the places you mentioned, rather trade, migration and voluntary conversion by the people there was.

Other wise, could you tell me which Arab army invaded Indonesia - the country with the largest Muslim population in the world.

How did Islam get to Nigeria?

Was it through trade and migration?
Re: Questions For My Muslim Brothers And Sisters. by frankyychiji(f): 2:58pm On Nov 17, 2015
Biodun37:
You will do yourself good if you can tell me why some misguided youth are demanding seperation from nigeria
What is wrong with you Oga? Somebody is trying to find a solution to a menace that could end even your own life within the next second and you are whining about a people who say they are no longer interested in a relationship with you and want to call it quits. What is your problem Oga?

Re: Questions For My Muslim Brothers And Sisters. by BIGERBOY1: 3:22pm On Nov 17, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

How did Islam get to Nigeria?

Was it through trade and migration?

Through trade.

And incase you are thinking of the fulani empire, Islam predates the fulani wars by more than 3 centuries.

Re: Questions For My Muslim Brothers And Sisters. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 17, 2015
BIGERBOY1:

Through trade.

And incase you are thinking of the fulani empire, Islam predates the fulani wars by more than 3 centuries.

There must have been pockets of muslims in northern Nigeria prior to Uthman's jihad but they were clearly the minority.

The islamization or forced conversions to Islam is how northern Nigeria became monogously muslim.

That is to say, wherever islam is the majority religion, a dark past of jihad was responsible.
Re: Questions For My Muslim Brothers And Sisters. by BIGERBOY1: 3:45pm On Nov 17, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

There must have been pockets of muslims in northern Nigeria prior to Uthman's jihad but they were clearly the minority.

The islamization or forced conversions to Islam is how northern Nigeria became monogously muslim.

That is to say, wherever islam is the majority religion, a dark past of jihad was responsible.

Guy I give up, read up and educate yourself. I can't be responsible for given you free history lesson. But just take this last one; Muslim sarkis started ruling kano as far back as the 13th century, while muslim Mai (kings) started ruling the borno empire from the 15th century. This shows Islam had been adopted as the religion of the majority of the leading figures as far back as those periods mentioned above. The fulani jihad happened in the 19th century.

Enjoy the rest of ur day.

Re: Questions For My Muslim Brothers And Sisters. by Junior66(m): 4:19pm On Nov 17, 2015
BIGERBOY1:
Trust me if the over 1 billion Muslims in the world were extremists, nothing
With majority of victims of Isis, BH being Muslims #muslimsarealsovictims.....
Yoou fail to realise somthing. You are only counting the terrorists who decide to stage attacks. They are way more supporters of terrorist activities who refuse to pick up arms for one reason or the other. What do you call the Imam in a U.S Mosque who preaches violence but does not physically attack anybody? The Muslims who burn churches when Your prophet is criticised, what do you call them? Peacemakers? What of the Muslim man who kills his son because the converted to Islam? I put it to you that they are millions of terrorist out there. Every Muslim that partakes in a protest against Muhammed cartoons but doesn't protest when there is a terrorist attack on the adherents of other religions is a terrorist. Take it or leave it.

Sabotage, Theft Undermining Power Supply – Buhari / Photo: Sure Way To Commit Suicide..hilarious / Clarification On False Claim That Senate Passed A Bill Proposing To Jail Social