Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,654 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. (10391 Views)

Why Did God Plant The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by NwaNimo1(m): 10:17am On Jul 09, 2017
Tree of life = DNA

Tree of knowledge = Marijuana.

The bible decoded ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by Akinz0126(m): 10:17am On Jul 09, 2017
Shabi Adam and Eve are the garden now

Then thou shall not eat the fruit @the middle of the garden that fruit No be sex ni? grin
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by IdeyFindWife: 10:58am On Jul 09, 2017
NwaNimo1:
Tree of life = DNA

Tree of knowledge = Marijuana.

The bible decoded ....

Nwa, u still dey corner dey bazz kush-leaf bah? And u nor go church sef come dey quote #ZangaVerses upandan?

Go baff come begin go o!
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:22am On Jul 09, 2017
MrPresident1:
The tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, both are allegoric terms that Moses used to describe respectively the pure righteous wisdom from God and also the impure left hand wisdom which though also from Him but not approved by Him, this impure wisdome is idolatry. God is the owner of all knowledge.

Trees are men and the works of their hands is their fruits.

Genesis 2:9
And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Exodus 34:12
Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee:

You are correct in all you say,
Unfortunately most people still believe the tree of life, tree of good and evil and serpent are not metaphors,

I keep on saying until we really understand what played out in the garden of eden, we will never understand the purpose of creation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by Apina(m): 11:22am On Jul 09, 2017
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by banmee(m): 11:23am On Jul 09, 2017
Lol. The question religious nut jobs do very well in deflecting is this; God knows what will happen before it happens abi? So why would he put the tree of life in a place he knows has easy access for the devil to tempt adam and eve? Was there no more space in heaven to plant the tree? Plus, why would you put your kids in a dangerous situation if you love them? You guys had better wake up.

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by Emperormartin(m): 11:27am On Jul 09, 2017
victorazy:

Garden of Eden is God's plan A for man where he fend for man, is not that is a garden as people portrays is but God's care for man, but Adam lost it and we are now living in plan B where u fend for ursef.

Tree of good and evil is unclothedness of human. mind you there are more undisclosed things God hidded from us there. I think fornication played a major role there.

Human is a tree who bears fruits (children) that's why it called "fruit of the womb" and the same tree can bear good and evil fruit (no be woman born Evans) grin.

Eve committed fornication from other creature or something and bear Cane, while Abel was the real son of Adam.
My brother you're completely true. But people especially women won't believe Eve had sex(fornication) with the serpent.
Fornication is as old as the creation
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MrPresident1: 12:41pm On Jul 09, 2017
banmee:
Lol. The question religious nut jobs do very well in deflecting is this; God knows what will happen before it happens abi? So why would he put the tree of life in a place he knows has easy access for the devil to tempt adam and eve? Was there no more space in heaven to plant the tree? Plus, why would you put your kids in a dangerous situation if you love them? You guys had better wake up.

Go and read the thread, the answer you seek is contained in it, and well explained too.

Test your intelligence.
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by banmee(m): 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2017
MrPresident1:

Go and read the thread, the answer you seek is contained in it, and well explained too.

Test your intelligence.

Lol. Like i said; every religious nut job is skilled in the art of deflection. They will never use their brains for what it is designed for. Smh.
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by poh10(m): 12:53pm On Jul 09, 2017
Jesus has been slain from the foundation of the world ...
revelation 13vs8
and all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the lamb slain from the foundation of the world
study that chapter 13 very well you will discover some names will not been written in the book of life
and also Jesus came to be crucify in our presence but that has been done long ago before the earth was formed
read proverb 8 where Jesus was speaking through Solomon.
Jesus him self said something like this in john 17vs 5
and now , O father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was

I believe God has program everything
I stand for any errors or correction ...you can quote me
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by shadeyinka(m): 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2017
teelaw4life:
I still dont understand the whole Adam and eve story. Like how does it relate to me? When I'm not even responsible for what my grandfather did while alive, why am i being responsible for Adam and eve's foolishness ? Religion confuses more than it assures.

There was a time in USSR when a nuclear reactor melted down and a lot of people received a large dose of radioactive fallouts which caused damage to their body cells.They gave birth to children who were deformed in several ways.

The children are suffering for events which didn't directly concern them.

Dangotes child and grandchildren to be are already billionaires just because they are related to Dangote. Micheal Jordan is a successful basketball star because he inherited the tall gene. You are black because your great-great grand parents were black.

We inherit a lot of things of which part of it was that we inherited the gene mutation from Adam which make us to like and enjoy SIN.

Hope you now understand.

2 Likes

Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MrPresident1: 1:11pm On Jul 09, 2017
banmee:

Lol. Like i said; every religious nut job is skilled in the art of deflection. They will never use their brains for what it is designed for. Smh.

Chairman read and wean yourself off the shackles of ignorance. Use the brains you are given, it was given for a reason. Read.
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by shadeyinka(m): 1:14pm On Jul 09, 2017
Akinz0126:
Shabi Adam and Eve are the garden now

Then thou shall not eat the fruit @the middle of the garden that fruit No be sex ni? grin

No Sir! It isn't sex.Sex is holy and good.
God created sex for Adam and Eve for both reproduction and mutual enjoyment.

The fruit is a symbolic Test/Exam for Adam to choose either Total Independence from God (knowledge of Everything). The Tree of life is a symbol to describe being Sealed to a Permanent State.

I believe you understand now.

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by banmee(m): 1:19pm On Jul 09, 2017
MrPresident1:

Chairman read and wean yourself off the shackles of ignorance. Use the brains you are given, it was given for a reason. Read.

Lol. I have read and also well read. You on the other hand have a lot to read. Still deflecting i see.

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by NIGHTFOX: 2:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
victorazy:

Garden of Eden is God's plan A for man where he fend for man, is not that is a garden as people portrays is but God's care for man, but Adam lost it and we are now living in plan B where u fend for ursef.

Tree of good and evil is unclothedness of human. mind you there are more undisclosed things God hidded from us there. I think fornication played a major role there.

Human is a tree who bears fruits (children) that's why it called "fruit of the womb" and the same tree can bear good and evil fruit (no be woman born Evans) grin.

Eve committed fornication from other creature or something and bear Cane, while Abel was the real son of Adam.

pls permit me to disagree with your last paragraph, gen 4:1, Now Adams knew eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, "I have acquired a man from the lord." Knew there means having sexual knowledge of her, having intercourse,
So pls keep aside that doctrine that said Cain is a child from the devil, what differnciates Cain from Abel is their decision, abel brought the best of his substance while Cain did not.
Gen 4:7 God speaking to Cain saying, if you so well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And it's desire is for you, but you should rule over it.
Apparently, Cain did not rule of sin, and sin ruled over him using him and making him a murderer.
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MrPresident1: 2:25pm On Jul 09, 2017
banmee:

Lol. I have read and also well read. You on the other hand have a lot to read. Still deflecting i see.

Have you ever pondered on the problems of the black race, and why the blackman is down?

Did you see the solution on the thread?
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by massive1019(m): 2:40pm On Jul 09, 2017
Can't be surprised with all this.....even jesus said it, "will I still meet faith in the world". Different doctrines flowing in the world here and there. God has even said it, "I will pour out my spirit to all flesh" whether you are a sinner or not.

That's my own contribution from this end
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by victorazy(m): 2:54pm On Jul 09, 2017
NIGHTFOX:

pls permit me to disagree with your last paragraph, gen 4:1, Now Adams knew eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, "I have acquired a man from the lord." Knew there means having sexual knowledge of her, having intercourse,
So pls keep aside that doctrine that said Cain is a child from the devil, what differnciates Cain from Abel is their decision, abel brought the best of his substance while Cain did not.
Gen 4:7 God speaking to Cain saying, if you so well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And it's desire is for you, but you should rule over it.
Apparently, Cain did not rule of sin, and sin ruled over him using him and making him a murderer.

Why would sin chose him and rule over him than Abel? There is seed of evil in Cain.
Ofcus Adam acknowledged the fact that God gave him son just other fathers on earth.

Remind you, they started having children outside Eden. God created them to multiply in future YES but he haven't given them go ahead order. God's first reason was to give Adam a companion because he was lonely not having children.
This is like putting a Rev sister and a father in the same room just to see how they will control their urge.

God said "go ye into the world and multiply" world means sin, iniquity where all manner of atrocities are committed while Eden is just presence of God where u shall no want, where he is ur shepherd.
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by banmee(m): 2:56pm On Jul 09, 2017
MrPresident1:

Have you ever pondered on the problems of the black race, and why the blackman is down?

Did you see the solution on the thread?

Only a hardcore Nigerian does not know the solution to the problems in Nigeria. It is quite simple. You mentality as a people is your biggest drawback. You all think with you asses rather than with your heads. Change your mentality and you'll be seeing real miracles in your lives. Not the one your imaginary god is lying to you with.

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by redsun(m): 3:38pm On Jul 09, 2017
The tree of life is ganja. Try it and experience the eye opening yourself. Then,you won't bother with whiteman's jesus anymore or arab'so muhammad.
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by NIGHTFOX: 3:42pm On Jul 09, 2017
victorazy:

Why would sin chose him and rule over him than Abel? There is seed of evil in Cain.
Ofcus Adam acknowledged the fact that God gave him son just other fathers on earth.

Remind you, they started having children outside Eden. God created them to multiply in future YES but he haven't given them go ahead order. God's first reason was to give Adam a companion because he was lonely not having children.
This is like putting a Rev sister and a father in the same room just to see how they will control their urge.

God said "go ye into the world and multiply" world means sin, iniquity where all manner of atrocities are committed while Eden is just presence of God where u shall no want, where he is ur shepherd.
Ma, did you take time to read my post and the verses of the bible therein?
Lemme address a few things, gen4:7 if you do well, will you not be accepted?(in other words, Cain did not do well in his sacrifice) and if you did not do well, sin lies at the door( so sin did not choose between Cain or Abel, what gave sin room was Cain's action of not presenting a worthy sacrifice thus prompting sin to lie in wait) And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.
(Cain was meant to rule over sin, but the devil used jealousy as a tool to make him murder his broda. Thus sin ruled over him, what ever rules over you, you become a slave to that thing)
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by Princewell2012(m): 5:33pm On Jul 09, 2017
Weldone sir. Am following, it is an eye opener. I have to meditate on it.

God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by sonmvayina(m): 6:03pm On Jul 09, 2017
Integrityfarms:
All I know is that the ways of God are unsearchable and way ahead the intelligence of men.

Serving God is by faith and not by logic.

My people perish for lack of knowledge.....not faith..
Christianity is BS
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by DoctorGenerator: 7:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
Pls, who can enlighten me where and who did Cain married ? cos the made us to understand that God created Adam and Eve. They begot Cain n Abel. Then in Gen 4:17 he married and give birth and even build a city and named it after his son Enoch. Pls, can settlement with few people called a city . Pls, I need enlightenment.
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by shadeyinka(m): 9:26pm On Jul 10, 2017
DoctorGenerator:
Pls, who can enlighten me where and who did Cain married ? cos the made us to understand that God created Adam and Eve. They begot Cain n Abel. Then in Gen 4:17 he married and give birth and even build a city and named it after his son Enoch. Pls, can settlement with few people called a city . Pls, I need enlightenment.

Adam and Eve gave birth to several unnamed children.
Gen5:4-5
After he begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters. 5 So all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years; and he died. (NKJV)

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MrPresident1: 6:24pm On Jan 02, 2020
MrPresident1:
God neither planned nor intended for Adam and Eve to eat from the forbidden fruit, on the contrary, God actually planned for them to destroy that tree, and to ensure that only the tree of life remained in the garden of Eden.

Genesis 2:9
And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Both the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil are ideologies. The tree of life is the knowledge of God and his laws, this is the Law that God gave to Moses.

The tree of the knowledge of good and evil is the idolatrous, evil, wicked, ungodly, devilish law of Israel's neighbour; their heathenistic demonic practices.

You see, in the garden of Eden, Adam (Israel) was not the only person present there, Israel had neighbours that God commanded her to rout out completely, in routing out those neighbours, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil would be destroyed completely. And only the tree of life would be present forever.

This is where Adam (Israel) failed. Rather than completely destroying the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, Adam started partaking out of its fruit, until that tree completely corrupted him, and he died to God.

The tree of life is Jesus Christ
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MrPresident1: 10:30pm On Jan 03, 2020
Fresh hot meat
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by nlPoster: 1:35am On Jan 04, 2020
We dont have to bring that up. Different thread.
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MrPresident1: 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2020
The tree of life is Jesus, and Jesus is the personification of the Law of Moses, and when he returns we shall all be like him

The tree of the knowledge of good and evil is the devilish doctrine of the evil and wicked people of the world
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MrPresident1: 12:44pm On Apr 08, 2023
Read fa smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Kills Wife Because Of Jesus / The Demise Of Pastor David Oyedepo's Muslim Sister Ashiyat / Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.