Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Love Or Others; What Makes A 'perfect' Marriage/relationship To You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Or Others; What Makes A 'perfect' Marriage/relationship To You (918 Views)

What Makes A Man More Attractive To Women / Things You Need To Accept In Your Relationship To Be Happy / Lady Steps On Guy Lying Flat: Is This Love Or Stupidity ? (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Or Others; What Makes A 'perfect' Marriage/relationship To You by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 17, 2015
In recent years,some arguement have been held in view of this.

Many in recent years strongly believe and say that a couple with strong LOVE and affinity for themselves are fully equiped to fight and go through all the hurdles of life but is this all that is needed for a 'perfect' married life or relationship?

Now let's take a look at other factors aside LOVE able to make or mare a
marriage or relationship.

1.TRUST: This is the belief or confidence in the reality,truth or goodness of a person. This is also a determining factor in a marriage.
Without this,any marriage would surely crumble. Unnecessary suspicions and constant problems arises without this(trust).
Any marriage that claims to stand without 'absolute' trust is pure deceit and pretence.

2. UNDERSTANDING: This saves marriages and relationships everyday.
How can a wonderful union flourish without this? This is the ability to know why your partner does what they do,act the way they do,talk how they do,e.t.c.
In a wrap,this enables partners to thoroughly 'know' themselves. By know themselves i mean his/her likes,dislikes,allergies,acts,e.t.c

3. PATIENCE: Ever taken a decision out of hurry and regret later? Ever waited for your partner to 'come around' which he/she finally did? Ever wished you had exercised a little patience? If yes,then you should know the worth of this act. Sometimes,an excercise of patience pays off more than a lottery game. Many marriages have and are still crumbling just for lack of a little patience. Why not give him or her this and see how it pays off? Sometimes,we don't see the light at the end of the tunnel before pressing the quit button.

4. UNITY: A familiar word right? But not that familiar without practice. Unity in action does a lot of things money and love can't do. A show of understanding,trust and unity sums up to love. Unity is that factor that enables you stay with him or her in sickness or in health,in bankruptcy or in abundance,e.t.c It is that factor that gives you a reason to fight for each other no matter the situation.

5. GOD FACTOR: Cut out from him,we can do nothing;This is clearly stated in the bible. Even with the presence of all the above stated and without God's presence in the marriage, relationship or whatsoever,it never or struggles to succeed. That is why fervent prayer is needed before taking any step in life.

Now,after taking a look at things needed to make a marriage,let us take a look at those that are not supposed to but still mare relationships.

1. BELIEF: By belief,I mean christian or religious beliefs. If you've not seen intending marriages,one just made me open this thread. You don't want to marry him/her simply because he/she is a catholic and you attend a pentecostal church? C'mon dear,does that count? Ain't both of you serving same God? This should not but sadly have been the deciding factor in most marriages.

2. TRIBE: I vividly remember my mom warning me and my elder sister about bringing non igbos to her for marriage;a talk which we just laughed off but does this really have to matter when choosing a partner for marriage? Nigerians are always being preached to about tribalism but do they practice it? This shouldn't be a 'major' deciding factor when planning to settle down because it is almost eating down the marrows of Nigerians.

Thanks for reading and feel free to add yours. cheesy

cc: Lalasticala cheesy
Re: Love Or Others; What Makes A 'perfect' Marriage/relationship To You by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
Don't make the mistake of categorizing Tribe and Belief in the same class, based on the context with which you are defining both.

You so called relationship "experts" always talk about compatibility as an essential catalyst for relationship growth, especially in marriages.
How will partners who share conflicting beliefs be compatible, especially in cases where one partner is muslim and the other is christian?

One of the major aims of a marital relationship is to create oneness between partners to foster bond and family. Having different beliefs defeats that purpose. It creates an emotional divide and it hampers understanding and a sense of agreement between both partners.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love Or Others; What Makes A 'perfect' Marriage/relationship To You by Omotayor123(f): 6:39pm On Nov 17, 2015
Understanding! Communication, mutual agreement!

1 Like

Re: Love Or Others; What Makes A 'perfect' Marriage/relationship To You by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 17, 2015
Decker:
Don't make the mistake of categorizing Tribe and Belief in the same class, based on the context with which you are defining both.

You relationship "experts" always talk about compatibility as an essential catalyst for relationship growth, especially in marriages.
How will partners who share conflicting beliefs be compatible, especially if it's one where one partner is muslim and the other is christian?

One of the major aims of a marital relationship is to create oneness between partners to foster bond and family. Having different beliefs defeats that purpose. It creates an emotional divide and it hampers understanding and a sense of agreement between both partners
First of all,I wrote this myself and didn't copy from no 'experts'.

Secondly,wouldn't there still be oneness when a partner accepts the faith of the other person? If this happens,who dies?
Now,why not leave your partner(if he/she practices a different faith) to continue with it even after marriage? If this happens,won't there be oneness?
Re: Love Or Others; What Makes A 'perfect' Marriage/relationship To You by awesome11(m): 6:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
Omotayor123:

I checked this thread to confirm if you would make a comment and I wasn't disappointed.

Na only this kind thread dey dey see u ni??
Re: Love Or Others; What Makes A 'perfect' Marriage/relationship To You by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 17, 2015
Omotayor123:

Can you explain more on the communication bit? Thanks
Re: Love Or Others; What Makes A 'perfect' Marriage/relationship To You by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 17, 2015
awesome11:
[b][/b]

I checked this thread to confirm if you would make a comment and I wasn't disappointed.

LMAO grin grin grin
Re: Love Or Others; What Makes A 'perfect' Marriage/relationship To You by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 17, 2015
holyFRED:

First of all,I wrote this myself and didn't copy from no 'experts'.

Secondly,wouldn't there still be oneness when a partner accepts the faith of the other person? If this happens,who dies?
Now,why not leave your partner(if he/she practices a different faith) to continue with it even after marriage? If this happens,won't there be oneness?

First of all, I was referring to you as the relationship expert. I never said that you copied it from anywhere.

In your original post you said that different beliefs shouldn't be a problem, and that's why I made my comment. You never said anything about one partner accepting the faith of another.

And even at that, this happens in rare cases, which also in most of those rare cases, lead to further marital issues because this decision goes to hunt the couple in the sense that the extended family members don't always agree with that decision.

Like I earlier opined, marriages where two partners practice different beliefs or religions don't always progress in the same rate as compared to when they share similar beliefs. There are a lot of opposing factors that counters their moving forward both as a family and as husband and wife.
I can go into each of those factors if you want.

1 Like

Re: Love Or Others; What Makes A 'perfect' Marriage/relationship To You by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 17, 2015
Decker:

First of all, I was referring to you as the relationship expert. I never said that you copied it from anywhere.

In your original post you said that different beliefs shouldn't be a problem, and that's why I made my comment. You never said anything about one partner accepting the faith of another.

And even at that, this happens in rare cases, which also in most of those rare cases, lead to further marital issues because this decision goes to hunt the couple in the sense that the extended family members don't always agree with that decision.

Like I earlier opined, marriages where two partners practice different beliefs or religions don't always progress in the same rate as compared to when they share similar beliefs. There are a lot of opposing factors that counters their moving forward both as a family and as husband and wife.
I can go into each of those factors if you want.
Go on bro....Everyone's learning cheesy
Re: Love Or Others; What Makes A 'perfect' Marriage/relationship To You by Omotayor123(f): 8:27pm On Nov 17, 2015
awesome11:
[b][/b]

shocked You dey follow me
Re: Love Or Others; What Makes A 'perfect' Marriage/relationship To You by Omotayor123(f): 8:31pm On Nov 17, 2015
Eyekandi:

Can you explain more on the communication bit? Thanks
Sure!...

Communication in a relationship is a very important factor. When you think you don't understand a particular thing about your spouse, the best Is to communicate with him or her instead of sulking.

Plus, endeavor to tell your spouse what you think he or she should know about instead of keeping it secret to avoid mis understand and strengthen your trust level.
Uwc cheesy
Re: Love Or Others; What Makes A 'perfect' Marriage/relationship To You by jonaifame22(m): 8:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
Well wat makes a perfect relationship or marriage is not really love, cos love ia a feeln or emotion, a marriage cld go loveless at times even relationships.
The principle that makes marriage or relationships perfect or stronger or last is nothing else but knowledge, jesus christ said "my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
For a marriage to be perfect u shoould know that marriage is an insititution and it is bigger than both the husband and the wife cos their marriage is one out of billions of marriages worldwide,
So if u wld not disrespect ur co worker at work when he offended u, jus for the sake of saving ur job, then u shld also learn how to love, pardon, condone,respect,honor ur partner, that's all and every other thing will follow suit

1 Like

Re: Love Or Others; What Makes A 'perfect' Marriage/relationship To You by Margauxluv(f): 8:43pm On Nov 17, 2015
M here to learn.
Re: Love Or Others; What Makes A 'perfect' Marriage/relationship To You by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 17, 2015
Omotayor123:

Sure!...

Communication in a relationship is a very important factor. When you think you don't understand a particular thing about your spouse, the best Is to communicate with him or her instead of sulking.

Plus, endeavor to tell your spouse what you think he or she should know about instead of keeping it secret to avoid mis understand and strengthen your trust level.
Uwc cheesy

I see....

How do you handle a situation where your partner is caring and a gentleman but you are more exposed than him? Is that a flaw? Do you swallow the knowledge you have about issues so you don't seem superior or sound derogatory?

Thanks again grin
Re: Love Or Others; What Makes A 'perfect' Marriage/relationship To You by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 17, 2015
Omotayor123:

Sure!...

Uwc cheesy

I see
Esé pupō smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rocking Ma 7th Month. / 8 Surprising THINGS That Makes WOMEN Want To Be LAID So Bad!! / Ladies Here, Please Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.