Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,387 members, 7,822,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? (6105 Views)

Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? / Apostle Johnson Suleman's Sex Scandal: "I Believe You Daddy!"- Lady Supports Him / The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by winner01(m): 8:56pm On Nov 18, 2015
frank317:

Yet to hug a transformer? Your God does not exist... You cannot do anything about it. If u are angry, yell him to come and prove himself.
Unfortunately, You cant stop me from hammering into your lamebrains how foolish you are.

Prove me wrong that you arnt possesed, tell us why are you so concerned with a particular "non-existent" God and religion.
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 18, 2015
winner01:
So you are just getting tired of stup1dity, you shouldnt even be here in the first place.

People are worshipping a "concept" and you are so concerned that you hardly let a day go by without showing some obsession about a "myth". Does it make you sleep betterundecided?. Crap!!!
whatever tickles ur fancy tongue
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by keenn: 8:57pm On Nov 18, 2015
Edehsman:
You are alive is because of grace of God.if not tell me when you sleep and wake up tell me where you go remember many people sleep without waking up.always thank God for the gift of life.

Religionist think its a big deal to be alive, its no big deal to me. Death simply means non existence.

What am I thanking him for anyway, I saw a teenage girl crying fir the death of her mother wish lie lifeless in a taxi... So the teenage girl should thank god for his grace that she Is alive while her mother is not.

The moment we begin to think that we are alone, everything (worlds bullshit) begings to make sense

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 18, 2015
winner01:
So you are just getting tired of stup1dity, you shouldnt even be here in the first place.

People are worshipping a "concept" and you are so concerned that you hardly let a day go by without showing some obsession about a "myth". Does it make you sleep betterundecided?. Crap!!!
go hit ur head on a stone if u re vexed..

infact even if u do that, it won't even stop me from telling u that u re living in a fantasy of a skyfairy daddy who promised the ancient jews host and wine at his pool party.

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by winner01(m): 9:19pm On Nov 18, 2015
krattoss:
go hit ur head on a stone if u re vexed..

infact even if u do that, it won't even stop me from telling u that u re living in a fantasy of a skyfairy daddy who promised the ancient jews host and wine at his pool party.
Tell your family first, im sure they need to get out of their fantasy too. Abi Na so u love us reach? undecided.

Your obsession with God-related stuff is unexplainable shey. Continue being stup1d. You go old.
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by frank317: 9:22pm On Nov 18, 2015
winner01:
Unfortunately, You cant stop me from hammering into your lamebrains how foolish you are.

Prove me wrong that you arnt possesed, tell us why are you so concerned with a particular "non-existent" God and religion.

Your God's nonexistent is making you so angry, is that why u talk too much?

I understand you... You would have talked less if the guy can just show face and prove himself.
Ndo
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by frank317: 9:26pm On Nov 18, 2015
winner01:
Tell your family first, im sure they need to get out of their fantasy too. Abi Na so u love us reach? undecided.

Your obsession with God-related stuff is unexplainable shey. Continue being stup1d. You go old.

Little thing u start calling people's family and insulting them. It is our fault that your God does not exist?
Bush man... Hope u went to church today to pay ur tithe to a man of God... Mumu.
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by frank317: 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2015
winner01:

And if u are not careful I make sure I drag u to hell with me.

Forking sinner
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by winner01(m): 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2015
frank317:

I understand you... You would have talked less if the guy can just show face and prove himself.
Ndo
Is this how often you get angry, cos you speak of anger at any slight oppourtunity, no matter what you are goin through, the world is not angry with you.
I will keep talking till you realize that you are demon possessed.

Look, ive never tried to prove anything to you and i wont. It will only make you look relevant and you arnt.
Im only concerned that you spend much time on a "non existent" Being. I know it helps you find peace and convince yourself but be moderate about your obsession. It dosent have to be obvious. try to gain control of your self.
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2015
winner01:

u see ur life?
do u even know me?

why bringing family to this?

bye for good.
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by winner01(m): 9:37pm On Nov 18, 2015
frank317:

Little thing u start calling people's family and insulting them. It is our fault that your God does not exist?
Bush man... Hope u went to church today to pay ur tithe to a man of God... Mumu.
Do you know what the word "insult" means? Dont come here to show off your half education, you already did that earlier.

You cant possibly come here to show much concern about "christians living in delusion" without showing such concern to your family first. Or do you love us more than your familyundecided?
lmao, child of hate, dont worry ehn, you'll witness love someday.
lol.
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by winner01(m): 9:39pm On Nov 18, 2015
krattoss:
u see ur life?
do u even know me?

why bringing family to this?

bye for good.
I dont know you and dont want to.
But The kain love and concern wen you dey show us for nairaland, show your family first, im sure many of them arnt atheists yet. You can do it.
Charity begins at home.
When you are done with them then come here you sneaky coward.
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by winner01(m): 9:43pm On Nov 18, 2015
frank317:

And if u are not careful I make sure I drag u to hell with me.

Forking sinner
What are you, a 3 year old?undecided smH.
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 18, 2015
@jadeus

Interesting post, good starting point for an exchange of ideas. I wish I had the time to contribute in depth. I think I would be able to give a reasonable answer on a lot of points without conflicting fides et ratio. Unfortunately, I can't afford long write ups now, besides...since I got banned one time for posting something that made sense, I got the idea that on NL posts are moderated based on mediocrity. So it discouraged me to put effort in contributing.

Keep up the search for answers on questions of life that matter, a curious rational mind is a blessing.
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by frank317: 9:48pm On Nov 18, 2015
winner01:
Is this how often you get angry, cos you speak of anger at any slight oppourtunity, no matter what you are goin through, the world is not angry with you.
I will keep talking till you realize that you are demon possessed.

Look, ive never tried to prove anything to you and i wont. It will only make you look relevant and you arnt.
Im only concerned that you spend much time on a "non existent" Being. I know it helps you find peace and convince yourself but be moderate about your obsession. It dosent have to be obvious. try to gain control of your self.

Blah blah blah blah blah.... You God still never show face? I said it, your God does not exist. You need to come out of this delusion of worshipping a mythical Jewish idea
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by frank317: 9:51pm On Nov 18, 2015
winner01:
Do you know what the word "insult" means? Dont come here to show off your half education, you already did that earlier.

You cant possibly come here to show much concern about "christians living in delusion" without showing such concern to your family first. Or do you love us more than your familyundecided?
lmao, child of hate, dont worry ehn, you'll witness love someday.
lol.

Ya right, I am hoping that when I finish with u, you go and help your family out.

Forking sinner.
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by frank317: 9:52pm On Nov 18, 2015
winner01:
What are you, a 3 year old?undecided smH.

Lol... You are going to hell
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by winner01(m): 10:06pm On Nov 18, 2015
frank317:

Blah blah blah blah blah.... You God still never show face? I said it, your God does not exist. You need to come out of this delusion of worshipping a mythical Jewish idea
Ok ive heard, but after you tell your family.
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by winner01(m): 10:09pm On Nov 18, 2015
frank317:

Ya right, I am hoping that when I finish with u, you go and help your family out.

Forking sinner.
lol, ill just open a thread on your obsession soon, seems you automatically become dullards when i mention this.

Dont help me, help your family first. If you strike gold, will you give me first before your familyundecided? Do you hate them that muchundecided?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by winner01(m): 10:12pm On Nov 18, 2015
frank317:

Lol... You are going to hell
I know you are demon posessed already, say something else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by frank317: 5:46am On Nov 19, 2015
winner01:
lol, ill just open a thread on your obsession soon, seems you automatically become dullards when i mention this.

Dont help me, help your family first. If you strike gold, will you give me first before your familyundecided? Do you hate them that muchundecided?

Your God does not exist, your talking nonsense is just a prove of his inexistence.
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by frank317: 5:47am On Nov 19, 2015
winner01:
I know you are demon posessed already, say something else.

Yes I am demon possessed and I am taking you to hell. Are u sacred?
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by winner01(m): 6:31am On Nov 19, 2015
frank317:

Yes I am demon possessed and I am taking you to hell. Are u sacred?
say something else na, abi you brain don dry finish? grin
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by winner01(m): 6:31am On Nov 19, 2015
frank317:

Your God does not exist, your talking nonsense is just a prove of his inexistence.
If he dosent exist, you wont be here.
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by frank317: 8:13am On Nov 19, 2015
winner01:
If he dosent exist, you wont be here.

OK am here... U can now go hug that transformer
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by frank317: 8:14am On Nov 19, 2015
winner01:
say something else na, abi you brain don dry finish? grin

Lol... U dont want to here this? U scared of hell? Sorry, u are going there.
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by UyiIredia(m): 8:42am On Nov 19, 2015
frank317:

Ndo

There are two ways to know God exists through Nature. Magically, when God does things not observed Nature and logically, when you use your orí (I no talk head o, na orí I talk) to reason his existence from natural world.
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by frank317: 9:16am On Nov 19, 2015
UyiIredia:

There are two ways to know God exists through Nature. Magically, when God does things not observed Nature and logically, when you use your orí (I no talk head o, na orí I talk) to reason his existence from natural world.

Lol...OK, I will keep that in mind.

Now can u look at responses to Richie and respond?
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by UyiIredia(m): 9:29am On Nov 19, 2015
frank317:

Lol...OK, I will keep that in mind.

Now can u look at responses to Richie and respond?

No time. I'm curious as to why you like to yab Christians and Jesus ?
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by urahara(m): 9:56am On Nov 19, 2015
jadeus:
I am an atheist that was formerly a Christian. Till today I still can't fathom how educated individuals in Nigeria can still believe in the bible despite all the impossibilities in it. During my transition into atheism, I went through this phase where everyone I met told me that I should just believe without the evidence. They said that it was my disbelief that was driving me away from God and that I should not question him. I should just keep quiet and follow him even though I'm not sure he exists. I'm sure most Christians would ask what is wrong with that but I want to ask you, if a someone of another faith tells you to convert to their faith without showing proof that their God is real, would you do it? You wouldn't. That's how I feel. If there is no scientific evidence showing the existence of God, then I cannot believe in him.

Also, one of the reasons that I started doubting Christianity is all the impossible and horrible stories it contains (I'm sure someone would use the 'God of the Gaps' argument here and say that God did it):

1) How could God create this earth in 6 days, but take only one day to create the rest of the universe? That is impossible. According to recent estimates, there are about 100 billion planets in the universe and assuming that they are all the size of the earth, it would take about 600 billion days for God to create them and that's not including the stars!!

2) God is omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent and yet, he didn't know that creating putting the tree of knowledge in the garden would lead to the destruction of his beautiful creation? Didn't he know that he would later regret his choice (Gen. 6:6)? After all he knew the end from the beginning, he would have known that creating the tree would lead to billions of people to hell, yet he still created it. How is that loving? As a parent, how many of you would create something knowing your child would suffer forever as a result of that thing? I'm sure none of you, yet you would excuse your God from doing the same thing.

3) If God is caring and compassionate and provides for the needs of the faithful if they just ask, why is Nigeria in the state it is in today? After all, we have people praying from morning to night asking for Go'd guidance and help, yet things seem to only get worse. In countries like Sweden, Denmark, Finland, they are made up of mostly atheists, yet they do not experience the amount of violence that we experience in Nigeria. They have good social safety net, low rate of unemployment, very good security, high life expectancy, low rate of corruption and are constantly said to be the happiest countries on earth (Nigeria was recently said to be the worst place to be born in).

4) How did Noah carry all the species of animals on the earth into the ark? Presently, there are about 15 million species of animals on the earth (a conservative estimate and we are losing species everyday). How did Noah put all these animals inside that ark? Also, apart from the two of every kind of animal, they had to carry extra animals for the lions, the tigers and other carnivores to eat. They also had to carry lots of hay and grass for the cows, goats, horses and sheep. How did they fit inside the boat? Why are there still fish alive today. If the flood happened, it would have messed up the salt balance of the waters and that would have killed loads of fish. Also, how come 8 unskilled people were able to build an ark of that size that lasted for about 40 days without bending, while skilled people build the Wyoming and it bent. It was not even as big as the ark.

5) Why did God punish the people in Noah's time? It was not like he had given them any commandments and there was not evidence that he talked to them.

6) Using the timelines of the bible, the earth is 6000 years old. How is that possible when there has been fossils that have been dated to around 100,000 years.

7)Why do you actually believe in God? is it because you genuinely believe that God exists or you are just using him as an insurance policy against the bad times and ultimately hell.

There are many more reasons that I doubt the existence of a God, particularly the Abrahamic God, but I can't list all of the here. I am just worried that this deep religiousity of Nigerians would not overcome our common sense and our ability to think about the world around us in a purely scientific way instead of relying on a book that was written 2000 years ago. If we just use God to answer everything in the universe, we would not advance, we would not be able to do research on things that we don't understand like HIV, homosexuality, small pox etc and try to come to reasonable conclusions not rash conclusions based on things that t were written by people who thought that blood letting worked.

Because they is so much that our finite minds do not comprehend about this vast universe. In humility I choose to believe there is a God. This God may be a he or she or it . if u are looking for evidence of God there is none. If you are looking for evidence of no God there is none.
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by plaetton: 9:59am On Nov 19, 2015
winner01:

Actually, our obsession with skyfairy related stuff is very very explainable.

You see, slowpoke, a society is the sum of the characters in it.

A society filled with very stuu.pid people will undoubtedly have stupidity engrained in all aspects of her national life.

We, the TOOTHFAIRIANS of Nairaland, see too many stuuuuupid people, beholden to kindergarten fables, ..fables that are silly, contradictory and morally ambiguous.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by plaetton: 10:02am On Nov 19, 2015
urahara:

Because they is so much that our finite minds do not comprehend about this vast universe. In humility I choose to believe there is a God. This God may be a he or she or it . if u are looking for evidence of God there is none. If you are looking for evidence of no God there is none.

Lol.

It's okay that you believe in a god for which, you admit there is No Evidence. undecided
Fine.

But isn't it silly, a grand folly, to expect another person to do same ?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mavenbox(m) Declares: I'm Actually Male, Not Female. / NASA Finds Message From God On Mars / Pastor Chris Throws More Light On Masturbation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.