Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes (65110 Views)

Lady Lay Hands On TerryG's Head While Praying For Him (photo) / Is This The 'Fall' Of Davido? Kemi Olunloyo Asks As She Reveals More Details / TerryG Apologizes To Nigerian DJs For Slapping A DJ At Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Rapmoney(m): 9:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
For years, this Nigerian artiste thrilled us with bunches and dozens of trash! Many Nigerians actually spent this time dancing to his 'beats' filled with meaningless statements as lyrics!!! wink. It became so annoying when people who know nothing about good music and the generes of music in general started referring to TerryG as a hip-hop artiste!!! What an insult to hip-hop!!! Though, that didn't disturb me much because I know a lot of Nigerians don't even know how to classify music/songs.

When TerryG started this music thing some years back, he was producing and doing RnB. According to him, he wasn't selling records; he decided to 'commercialize' not only his songs but also his life. He introduced all he could into his music...flagrant display of weed smoking, drinking, celestial church bell ringing (Akpako) and other stuffs. After that, he became popular and was riding on the wings of commercial music. For TerryG, the sky was the only limit! cool.

Today, the irrelevance of this artiste in the Nigerian music industry is very clear; in fact, it is as clear as DSTV!!! grin. The young man doesn't have anything else to talk about; his weed, drink, Mr bling bling, bell ringing and other stuffs have not been able to save him. That is what is obtainable when one commercializes his music and loses his talent in the process!!! No matter how commercial you go, always remember to keep your talent intact. I know so many Nigerian artistes that are no longer heard after a short time because they either lost their talent or lacked real talent in the first place wink I believe Wizkid, Davido and some other music folks would still be in the limelight even in years to come because they still retained elements of their talent and sanity musically! As far back as year 2000, I was nodding my head to songs by the likes of Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, etc. Today, it may interest you to know that I am still doing that...and proudly too. Why? It is because they do commercial music but still retained their talent! They do music that suit the American populace, even down to Asia and Africa!!! cheesy

Nigerian artistes should learn how to be creative to stay relevant! It is not all about dishing out beats and crazy senseless lyrics to members of the public!!! Where is D'Smart that dis that song about pikin that wanted to drink small stout? No where to be found because he lacked real talent. He was only there to pick the few Naira notes he could while the fake fame lasted!

Recently, some artistes have reared their heads from no where and have started dishing out meaningless trash to the public. Let's see if the 'Share the gala, share the cake' artistes will still be relevant in the industry in the next two years!!! cool

183 Likes 18 Shares

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Solidkay(m): 9:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
I generally term all commercial artist as Andrews liver salt cos most of them dnt last long.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 17, 2015
When hip-hop was born she had no commercial home, and was an invention of beautiful creativity. Born from a beautiful struggle, today she is mostly a 'ratchet' bitch spitting nonsense from her love-vendor's mansion..

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by kestolove95(m): 9:59pm On Nov 17, 2015
Wia u go copy nd paste dix funny tin hia?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Rapmoney(m): 10:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
Solidkay:
I generally term all commercial artist as Andrews liver salt cos most of them dnt last long.
I dey tell u ma guy! grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 17, 2015
End time terry g

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Rapmoney(m): 10:02pm On Nov 17, 2015
kestolove95:
Wia u go copy nd paste dix funny tin hia?
I did not copy it. It is an original write-up by me!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Rapmoney(m): 10:04pm On Nov 17, 2015
viickerz:
Terry geezuz
Who dash monkey banana? grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Rapmoney(m): 10:06pm On Nov 17, 2015
viickerz:
End time terry g
grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by tartar9(m): 10:06pm On Nov 17, 2015
when last did he release any song
let him just release another meaningless trash and he's back on track.

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Rapmoney(m): 10:08pm On Nov 17, 2015
tartar9:
when last did he release any song

let him just release another meaningless trash and he's back on track.
He doesn't have any more rubbish to say. Can't you get it?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by kingzx0(m): 10:12pm On Nov 17, 2015
True talk, but I still wonder how timaya is still making wave despite his genre of music

13 Likes

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Rapmoney(m): 10:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
kingzx0:
True talk, but I still wonder how timaya is still making wave despite his genre of music
When people start getting tired of your gibberings, nothing can stop your fall!!! grin

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by PLANETMARS(m): 2:35am On Nov 18, 2015
I blame Biafra for terry G's fall

10 Likes

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Rapmoney(m): 7:03am On Nov 18, 2015
PLANETMARS:
I blame Biafra for terry G's fall
You need medication!

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by PLANETMARS(m): 7:06am On Nov 18, 2015
Rapmoney:
You need medication!
I blame Biafra for not giving me my medication

57 Likes

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 18, 2015
*in terry g's voice" Make I totori u, totori totori u grin grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 18, 2015
PLANETMARS:
End time PLANETMARS

grin grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by PLANETMARS(m): 7:16am On Nov 18, 2015
lagmostkuit:
End time PLANETMARS
grin grin grin
its "panetmars" dearie

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 18, 2015
PLANETMARS:
its "panetmars" dearie
Buh your moniker says it's PLANETMARS

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by PLANETMARS(m): 7:26am On Nov 18, 2015
lagmostkuit:

Buh your moniker says it's PLANETMARS
lol u don't get it d name planetmars equals madness
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 18, 2015
PLANETMARS:
lol u don't get it d name planetmars equals madness
Okay lipsrsealed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by PLANETMARS(m): 7:30am On Nov 18, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Okay lipsrsealed
I don send u pm make we talk.as a bad sharp guy
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 18, 2015
Rapmoney:
For years, this Nigerian artiste thrilled us with bunches and dozens of trash! Many Nigerians actually spent this time dancing to his 'beats' filled with meaningless statements as lyrics!!! wink. It became so annoying when people who know nothing about good music and the generes of music in general started referring to TerryG as a hip-hop artiste!!! What an insult to hip-hop!!! Though, that didn't disturb me much because I know a lot of Nigerians don't even know how to classify music/songs.

When TerryG started this music thing some years back, he was producing and doing RnB. According to him, he wasn't selling records; he decided to 'commercialize' not only his songs but also his life. He introduced all he could into his music...flagrant display of weed smoking, drinking, celestial church bell ringing (Akpako) and other stuffs. After that, he became popular and was riding on the wings of commercial music. For TerryG, the sky was the only limit! cool.

Today, the irrelevance of this artiste in the Nigerian music industry is very clear; in fact, it is as clear as DSTV!!! grin. The young man doesn't have anything else to talk about; his weed, drink, Mr bling bling, bell ringing and other stuffs have not been able to save him. That is what is obtainable when one commercializes his music and loses his talent in the process!!! No matter how commercial you go, always remember to keep your talent intact. I know so many Nigerian artistes that are no longer heard after a short time because they either lost their talent or lacked real talent in the first place wink I believe Wizkid, Davido and some other music folks would still be in the limelight even in years to come because they still retained elements of their talent and sanity musically! As far back as year 2000, I was nodding my head to songs by the likes of Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, etc. Today, it may interest you to know that I am still doing that...and proudly too. Why? It is because they do commercial music but still retained their talent! They do music that suit the American populace, even down to Asia and Africa!!! cheesy

Nigerian artistes should learn how to be creative to stay relevant! It is not all about dishing out beats and crazy senseless lyrics to members of the public!!! Where is D'Smart that dis that song about pikin that wanted to drink small stout? No where to be found because he lacked real talent. He was only there to pick the few Naira notes he could while the fake fame lasted!

Recently, some artistes have reared their heads from no where and have started dishing out meaningless trash to the public. Let's see if the 'Share the gala, share the cake' artistes will still be relevant in the industry in the next two years!!! cool

Rapmoney, please do help me check out my song.

https://my.notjustok.com/track/47342/damilola-hard-to-get

Thank you for your time.
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Rapmoney(m): 11:26am On Nov 18, 2015
PLANETMARS:
grin
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 18, 2015
One thing am sure of is that I think he has made money,enough for him to invest.d guy huzzle pay am o....abi no be so? @op

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Rapmoney(m): 2:17pm On Nov 18, 2015
Cpiano:
One thing am sure of is that I think he has made money,enough for him to invest.d guy huzzle pay am o....abi no be so? @op
Sure he made money but if he has not invested, am sorry for him! He might end up like Majek Fashek!

2 Likes

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Rapmoney(m): 2:20pm On Nov 18, 2015
Lalasticlala, airmark, cheesy cool
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by looseweight: 2:35pm On Nov 18, 2015
Good write-up.
Same goes for bloggers who wants to make it overnight...

BTW, do you care to cut down excess fat from any part of your body, check my signature

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by oekehinde: 2:36pm On Nov 18, 2015
Woooww.....
Big lesson for the up coming artists

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:36pm On Nov 18, 2015
Still not too late for him.

He should study the market and flow with it.

https://www.nairaland.com/2097637/hidden-truths-plantain-farming-business
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 18, 2015
Nothing last forever, especially MADNESS
grin grin grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rema Finally Reunites With His Uniport Girlfriend At The Chop Life Festival - / Bobrisky Denies Being Arrested By Soldiers, Says His Cars Were Not Seized / Davido Fined ₦190m In UK Hours After His London Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.