Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,791 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes (65131 Views)

Lady Lay Hands On TerryG's Head While Praying For Him (photo) / Is This The 'Fall' Of Davido? Kemi Olunloyo Asks As She Reveals More Details / TerryG Apologizes To Nigerian DJs For Slapping A DJ At Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by owumzy(m): 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2015
Even in America artistes most times just come in a flash and dies off. It's not peculiar to Nigeria.
This no be news abeg!
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 18, 2015
jomoh:

Lil wayne in 2000?

Bros you can lie o.

How old is lil wayne himself.

I first heard Lil Waynez song in 2002. Maybe he made some tracks before 2000.
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by litetias(m): 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2015
jomoh:

And it was lil wayne y'all were listening to then.

9ice was already into music as far back as 2003
Wizkid was already into music as far back as 2005
Dbanj was already into music as far back as 1999
50cent was already into music as far back as 1998

Who knew about all of them before that time.

Am not disputing lil wayne being in music since 2000 cos its a fact but the OP telling us he's been listening to lil wayne since then? Tell me something else.

Lil wayne got real fame with the lollipop single in 2008 but you're telling me you've been listening to him 8 good years prior to his real fame.

Except OP wants to tell me he lived in the states during that time. If not, spare me the lies. Anyone can go online to get info about lil wayne's career but not a Nigerian living in Nigeria at that time can claim to have been listening to him back then. Just 3years after the great 2pac's death.
You claimed earlier that it was impossible that Lil Wayne was singing back then and now you are changing your tune saying its impossible for a Nigerian resident here to have been listening to him back then. Its not.
For me I was not listening to him back then nor did I know who he was after all the internet was not as commonplace as it is now and I only had access to popular demand then.
However if the OP says he was listening to Lil Wayne in 2000 then you have to factor in his age, whether he had family in the States, his social class, his music preferences and you might conclude its possible.
By the way real music lovers don't listen to people based on whether they have real fame or not but on their content. For example I'm a big fan of Skylar Grey but she does not have real fame.
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by chuggy(m): 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2015
Terry G never fall, d guy still dope. Go listen to Nonsense and Knack am feat phyno, runtown and wizkid..DOPE..Just watch out!
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2015
Rapmoney:
For years, this Nigerian artiste thrilled us with bunches and dozens of trash! Many Nigerians actually spent this time dancing to his 'beats' filled with meaningless statements as lyrics!!! wink. It became so annoying when people who know nothing about good music and the generes of music in general started referring to TerryG as a hip-hop artiste!!! What an insult to hip-hop!!! Though, that didn't disturb me much because I know a lot of Nigerians don't even know how to classify music/songs.

When TerryG started this music thing some years back, he was producing and doing RnB. According to him, he wasn't selling records; he decided to 'commercialize' not only his songs but also his life. He introduced all he could into his music...flagrant display of weed smoking, drinking, celestial church bell ringing (Akpako) and other stuffs. After that, he became popular and was riding on the wings of commercial music. For TerryG, the sky was the only limit! cool.

Today, the irrelevance of this artiste in the Nigerian music industry is very clear; in fact, it is as clear as DSTV!!! grin. The young man doesn't have anything else to talk about; his weed, drink, Mr bling bling, bell ringing and other stuffs have not been able to save him. That is what is obtainable when one commercializes his music and loses his talent in the process!!! No matter how commercial you go, always remember to keep your talent intact. I know so many Nigerian artistes that are no longer heard after a short time because they either lost their talent or lacked real talent in the first place wink I believe Wizkid, Davido and some other music folks would still be in the limelight even in years to come because they still retained elements of their talent and sanity musically! As far back as year 2000, I was nodding my head to songs by the likes of Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, etc. Today, it may interest you to know that I am still doing that...and proudly too. Why? It is because they do commercial music but still retained their talent! They do music that suit the American populace, even down to Asia and Africa!!! cheesy

Nigerian artistes should learn how to be creative to stay relevant! It is not all about dishing out beats and crazy senseless lyrics to members of the public!!! Where is D'Smart that dis that song about pikin that wanted to drink small stout? No where to be found because he lacked real talent. He was only there to pick the few Naira notes he could while the fake fame lasted!

Recently, some artistes have reared their heads from no where and have started dishing out meaningless trash to the public. Let's see if the 'Share the gala, share the cake' artistes will still be relevant in the industry in the next two years!!! cool

I must say your assertion above is borne out of hate and bad belleism. What is your own? Who knows u in Nigeria? Who told you Terry G is down and out? Just because he has not released a new album? Is that it? What will you say if he releases one tomorrow and it is a hit as usual?

Guy! Go get yourself a Job and stop this slanderous life style.
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by wristbangle: 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2015
Rapmoney:
For years, this Nigerian artiste thrilled us with bunches and dozens of trash! Many Nigerians actually spent this time dancing to his 'beats' filled with meaningless statements as lyrics!!! wink. It became so annoying when people who know nothing about good music and the generes of music in general started referring to TerryG as a hip-hop artiste!!! What an insult to hip-hop!!! Though, that didn't disturb me much because I know a lot of Nigerians don't even know how to classify music/songs.

When TerryG started this music thing some years back, he was producing and doing RnB. According to him, he wasn't selling records; he decided to 'commercialize' not only his songs but also his life. He introduced all he could into his music...flagrant display of weed smoking, drinking, celestial church bell ringing (Akpako) and other stuffs. After that, he became popular and was riding on the wings of commercial music. For TerryG, the sky was the only limit! cool.

Today, the irrelevance of this artiste in the Nigerian music industry is very clear; in fact, it is as clear as DSTV!!! grin. The young man doesn't have anything else to talk about; his weed, drink, Mr bling bling, bell ringing and other stuffs have not been able to save him. That is what is obtainable when one commercializes his music and loses his talent in the process!!! No matter how commercial you go, always remember to keep your talent intact. I know so many Nigerian artistes that are no longer heard after a short time because they either lost their talent or lacked real talent in the first place wink I believe Wizkid, Davido and some other music folks would still be in the limelight even in years to come because they still retained elements of their talent and sanity musically! As far back as year 2000, I was nodding my head to songs by the likes of Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, etc. Today, it may interest you to know that I am still doing that...and proudly too. Why? It is because they do commercial music but still retained their talent! They do music that suit the American populace, even down to Asia and Africa!!! cheesy

Nigerian artistes should learn how to be creative to stay relevant! It is not all about dishing out beats and crazy senseless lyrics to members of the public!!! Where is D'Smart that dis that song about pikin that wanted to drink small stout? No where to be found because he lacked real talent. He was only there to pick the few Naira notes he could while the fake fame lasted!

Recently, some artistes have reared their heads from no where and have started dishing out meaningless trash to the public. Let's see if the 'Share the gala, share the cake' artistes will still be relevant in the industry in the next two years!!! cool

Baba, you nailed this article in every way.

It's a pity that what we call music in Nigeria is nothing but pure noise making. I never liked TerryG music for once and his likes of akpako artistes. His fame in the music industry has lost its enigma that he has to resort into to pure water business of which his pure water brand cannot be reckon with in the market.

No matter who u are in life, always remember to be you and not someone else.

Lastly, don't please others while hurting yourself.

Nice article prof rapmoney

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by drmikeadams(m): 4:04pm On Nov 18, 2015
Terry g dey USA dey shoot em new video.
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by nigeriancuban: 4:07pm On Nov 18, 2015
the guy might be outta the spotlight but trust me he isn't yet,go to his water purification factory and see for your self....place dnt ask me the address
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by wristbangle: 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2015
lagmostkuit:

Buh your moniker says it's PLANETMARS

Babe, abeg no argue with that mentally imbalance guy o!
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by ichommy(m): 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2015
cheesy
Solidkay:
I generally term all commercial artist as Andrews liver salt cos most of them dnt last long.
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by akigbemaru: 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2015
Terry G.
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by CandyBar: 4:14pm On Nov 18, 2015
Rapmoney:
You lied! Don't think everyone is ignorant of true facts. D'Smart is nowhere! Who has invited him for a show, event or concert? What's the yardstick you use to measure artistes' relevance in the industry? Don't gospel artistes sing in Christian shows, events or gatherings? When did you see him in one?

Is that proof enough??

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Ezebinaugwu(m): 4:14pm On Nov 18, 2015
I still dey wait one noollywood moive 1st Hit coz TerryG stared in that movie. from the advert sef it seems he wall talking rubbish make the no give script read sef.

Don't Quote me if you never watch the movie advert els thunder wey no get relative go enter you
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by chukssnkeze: 4:16pm On Nov 18, 2015
Shameful, especially when you discover that terry is musically gifted, this dude plays the keyboard very well. But he was just not patient.
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by PLANETMARS(m): 4:19pm On Nov 18, 2015
wristbangle:

Babe, abeg no argue with that mentally imbalance guy o!
clap 4 ya self
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by emmyblackky(m): 4:20pm On Nov 18, 2015
It's not everyone who starts a career that ends well. It happens in sports, civil service, politics and not only in music. So, Terry has played his part, he cannot rule forever and that should not be seen as a crime
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by xklucvG: 4:27pm On Nov 18, 2015
I agree with you but the Wizkid and Davido you mentioned are the most whacked their songs are for Yoruba audience only they are not hip hop nor Fuji i don't know the genre their music belong to. A Wizkid that "sang halla at your boy" now sing only in Yoruba language what happened to English language that he started with? They are all same i would even rather listen to Apkako who sings in pidgin English than Davido and Wizkid who sing only in their local dialect.
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by ruffDiamond: 4:27pm On Nov 18, 2015
Rapmoney:

Today, the irrelerappersf this artiste in the Nigerian music industry is very clear; in fact, it is as clear as DSTV!!! grin. The young man doesn't have anything else to talk about; his weed, drink, Mr bling bling, bell ringing and other stuffs have not been able to save him. That is what is obtainable when one commercializes his music and loses his talent in the process!!! No matter how commercial you go, always remember to keep your talent intact. I know so many Nigerian artistes that are no longer heard after a short time because they either lost their talent or lacked real talent in the first place wink I believe Wizkid, Davido and some other music folks would still be in the limelight even in years to come because they still retained elements of their talent and sanity musically! As far back as year 2000, I was nodding my head to songs by the likes of Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, etc. Today, it may interest you to know that I am still doing that...and proudly too. Why? It is because they do commercial music but still retained their talent! They do music that suit the American populace, even down to Asia and Africa!!! cheesy

D
1million likes for this article bro that part abt jay z got me smiling really I have load of his tracks on my phone I listen to regularly some folk I must be crazy still listen to such rappers cheesy these indomie generation don't know abt good music they wanna dance to beat only If it will bring in the money then I Berra cash in too while the stupidity and trashy trend last wink yeah I'm an up coming artist but naija music currently is beyond WACK just check ouhiptv for s min and u go rush for panadol all u see hear is terrible 2step drum kick, a snare and much noise wit half clad ,cheap azz sister shaking dem hairy butt in the video damn!the theme is always abt girl, nudity, girls,lewd lyric and other lot of trash too numerous to mention those dude lack imagination abeg angry nuff said ,kudos

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by obiak4(m): 4:28pm On Nov 18, 2015
Rapmoney:

rapmoney u goof on harrysong oooo he is talented and have commercial success try and do a little dig up on the guy,he is artist extra odi......
What about the talented that r not commercially succesful eg azadus,faze, make i no name names ruggedy baba boys chinedu n co.
blessed be
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by seankay(m): 4:30pm On Nov 18, 2015
Music depends on mood. I listen to lots of genre spanning from Old school(Kayode Fashola,Fela,Obey,S.Ade...),hiphop,ocean drive,RnB,Rap,Hiphop,country,Apala......it all depends on my mood. I won't be listening to 'Bed of Stone' Album when am high and I feel like dancing,i will rather opt for Olamide,Kesh,Davido,Timaya,Terry G.....cos they are expert in that field and am dancing to the beat,tune not lyric. I'm a huge fan of Terry G but I love music with meaningful lyrics at the same time.

FYI,Terry G is one of the wisest Artistes in the industry cos he lives in his own house not a tenant in Lekki like some Artistes,he is a producer,video director, song writer,he owns a pure water business,he owns a record label,attends shows in Nigeria and outside,has a rich and hardworking baby mama....... So my question for OP is,WHAT'S YOUR DEFINATION OF DOWNFALL?
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by lumenafrica: 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2015
Watch This Hilarious Hotel Fight and make sure you share and not enjoy the fight alone.
i had to cover it for your viewing pleasure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6cx5uaNya0
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Toks2008(m): 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2015
Rapmoney:

Hasty conclusion.

The fact that he has not released new songs does not mean he is off the market.
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by obiak4(m): 4:43pm On Nov 18, 2015
Rapmoney:
Thanks bro. I wanted to mention that cheesy cool
bro are you hating on terry he just bought a bently last month or so, has a mansion in gbagada area of lagos, and one in his village,
a production stuio in festac tgp's production,
the guy has diverted mainly into production so what the fuzz about him falling?
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 4:44pm On Nov 18, 2015
viickerz:
End time terry g
Everything endtime!! Very soon, to piss go be end time
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by ZYZZA: 4:55pm On Nov 18, 2015
theshield:

Kcee is next.
no go make name the here the wish people bad idiot
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by jomoh: 4:56pm On Nov 18, 2015
Rapmoney:
That surely shows the age difference between us! You were too young then to listen to those songs but I was already doing that. Even as at 1997/1998, I was listening to Maze and Pdiddy! My guy, we nor be age mates na! Can't u get?

Guy this is a faceless forum so am not here to discuss age with you but by the way you just reasoned you definitely cannot be as old as lil wayne himself. That either puts you in the same age bracket as I am or even younger than I am.

As far back as 1995 when my great aunt died(killed by Abacha) I was already miming and doing lip sync to 2pac's changes, Hit'em up Busta rhymes Dangerous etc in school shows.

But by the fact that your moniker still reads Rapmoney coupled with the above reasoning you're definitely younger than I am no one in my age bracket with his right senses will still bear Rapmoney at this stage.

iyke926:

I first heard Lil Waynez song in 2002. Maybe he made some tracks before 2000.

It depends on your background bro. But for someone who lived in Nigeria and knows the genesis of the likes of Terry G, I doubt he has being listening to lil wayne as far back as 2000.
At least not the way he portrayed it as if lil wayne was in the same category with Jay Z.

litetias:

You claimed earlier that it was impossible that Lil Wayne was singing back then and now you are changing your tune saying its impossible for a Nigerian resident here to have been listening to him back then. Its not.
For me I was not listening to him back then nor did I know who he was after all the internet was not as commonplace as it is now and I only had access to popular demand then.
However if the OP says he was listening to Lil Wayne in 2000 then you have to factor in his age, whether he had family in the States, his social class, his music preferences and you might conclude its possible.
By the way real music lovers don't listen to people based on whether they have real fame or not but on their content. For example I'm a big fan of Skylar Grey but she does not have real fame.

@bold you obviously read another meaning into my assertion. In 1999/2000 the likes of Dr Dre, naughty by nature, eminem, Snoop dog, mase, P. Diddy, Jay Z, destinys child, faith evans, TLC etc were running the shows back then. I don't know which one of them is in the same age category with lil wayne.

Lil wayne cannot be compared to the likes of Lil Bow wow, lil romeo who had fame since their first album.

As at 1999/2000 the east coast west cost beef was still on in the back ground even after the death of the two major actors. Jay Z and Nas were trying to take over the scene of King of New York.

A real music lover as at 2000 won't be listening to the likes of lil wayne (his style of music then) who's age at the time cannot exceed 18years.

2 Likes

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by KelvinKelt(m): 5:05pm On Nov 18, 2015
The fall of Babylon! But why wont he fall when he was displaying nth but madness. I've never seen a disgusting & irritating artiste like terryG.
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by donodion(m): 5:07pm On Nov 18, 2015
Hmm op may be right but I still ' dey shake body' to some of his tracks like:

1. Baba sho mi
2. Idi nla
3. Akpako

And anytime I get to hear " madness" I laugh..cos na real madness ......he's got great beats to his songs and mind you..No AutoTune.
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 18, 2015
Most of the people here don't listen to hiphop ,if I ask you guys to mention hip hop artiste Una go still mention davido,wizkid,olamide and co...people just abuse the name anyhow here.what we have here is fuji,you can't survive in the Nigeria market singing true hip hop..case in point mode9
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by akingbatope: 5:10pm On Nov 18, 2015
dason4life:

When last did he performed on stage or released an Album? Bird of a feather . . . It's obvius you are equally as MAD as he is grin grin
u are notting but kwarkiskor dog,bad image
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 18, 2015
OP de dere de hate. No go fine money. Shay all d rubbish wer day happen for wizkid, kesh, olamide and d rest music no be madness abi? I advise you buy a new home theatre system, download 'bad belle' by MI Abaga, and suit yoursef...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Davido Fined ₦190m In UK Hours After His London Show / Pretty Mike & His 6 Pregnant 'Girlfriends' Made It To Wendy Williams Show (Video / Nadia Buari And Sister Flaunt Bikini Bodies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.