Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes (65114 Views)

Lady Lay Hands On TerryG's Head While Praying For Him (photo) / Is This The 'Fall' Of Davido? Kemi Olunloyo Asks As She Reveals More Details / TerryG Apologizes To Nigerian DJs For Slapping A DJ At Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Oghumu1(m): 9:16am On Nov 19, 2015
I never mentioned any musician's name. No implicate me dude. Terry G has got other investments, if music refuse to sell, other ways will bring forth money to him.

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by lifenajeje(m): 9:54am On Nov 19, 2015
xtervaganza:
Bro, I not trying to discredit you. But saying you knew lil Wayne in 2001? He's been raping then but he was an also-ran 2000/2001 was when hip hop and Jamaican songs peaked and there's absolutely no way you'll listen a bullshit song from lil Wayne when you Nas, Jay z, mystikal, DMX, eve and other legends killing it. Matter of fact if those legends were still topping charts lil Wayne will never rise above the low level rapper he was then. And I think there was no cashmoney then? I think they call themselves bigtimerz then? (Not sire though) and they only had one good song which they only featured R Kelly in it

As for snoop Dogg, any rap enthusiast would know him cos he was breaking bread with the gods. He was with Tupac, Dre, Suge Kmight and the others before ge released doggystyle

No you were listening to the very popular artiste in 2000 but I was listening to everybody both popular and unpupolar...

I listened to rap mixtapes my uncle makes for his customers especially those from festac, satellite and its environs... So I was opportuned to listen to lots of artiste ....

Cash money was the group or label that had lil Wayne and juvenile and others not big timers its a pity I have forgotten the name of who had cash money at that time.
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 19, 2015
alcmene:

Bad belle.....why dont you also ask why daddy showkey and african china are no longer in the news undecided

No musician reign forever....I am not a fan of terryG but the truth is that the young man has made fortune from his weird music style

Do you know how much Harrysong is making from his latest/meaningless Reggae blues undecided

Remember 9ice konga aso.....where is 9ice today

9ice is still there oh. He might not be as popular as before but he is still there. Go and listen to Life Drama. Listen to Loke Loke on which Sean Tizzle featured him. Listen to Lord's Prayer. His songs are still on tv an radio o. Besides, 9ice made evergreen songs, he doesn't churn out rubbish garbage club songs like others. So people still listen to all his previous albums today.
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by xtervaganza(m): 11:34am On Nov 19, 2015
lifenajeje:

No you were listening to the very popular artiste in 2000 but I was listening to everybody both popular and unpupolar...

I listened to rap mixtapes my uncle makes for his customers especially those from festac, satellite and its environs... So I was opportuned to listen to lots of artiste ....

Cash money was the group or label that had lil Wayne and juvenile and others not big timers its a pity I have forgotten the name of who had cash money at that time.
i know juvenile usually with braces. he sang got it from her mama but I know birdman was part of bigtimerz
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 19, 2015
xklucvG:
I agree with you but the Wizkid and Davido you mentioned are the most whacked their songs are for Yoruba audience only they are not hip hop nor Fuji i don't know the genre their music belong to. A Wizkid that "sang halla at your boy" now sing only in Yoruba language what happened to English language that he started with? They are all same i would even rather listen to Apkako who sings in pidgin English than Davido and Wizkid who sing only in their local dialect.

They sing in their mothertongue because Yoruba language rules Naija. Greatest artistes in Naija are Yorubas. Why is Chidinma singing in Yoruba? Even Psquare sang 'E je A Jo' Biafra should respect Yorubas when it comes to music.
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by vicstar(m): 11:58am On Nov 19, 2015
Lol, I smell hate in diz ish :-XLol,dat broda used his creativity and gat d "mulla"undecidedwait when u say fall do u mean go broke? #puzzled
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by alcmene: 12:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
Jesumed:

9ice is still there oh. He might not be as popular as before but he is still there. Go and listen to Life Drama. Listen to Loke Loke on which Sean Tizzle featured him. Listen to Lord's Prayer. His songs are still on tv an radio o. Besides, 9ice made evergreen songs, he doesn't churn out rubbish garbage club songs like others. So people still listen to all his previous albums today.

And who told you people no longer listen to terryG's previous songs

I am not a fan to some of these self-acclaimed hip-hop stars that ventured into music out of frustration and as a last resort but i still enjoy terryG's FREE MADNESS because the beatz happens to be its selling point.

Nigerian musicians and the listeners are not after the quality of the song but its beatz....otherwise 2face and few others will be the only ones smiling to the bank.
If lyrical quality should be the yardstick then wizkid and co have no business being referred to as musicians
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by xklucvG: 12:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
Jesumed:

They sing in their mothertongue because Yoruba language rules Naija. Greatest artistes in Naija are Yorubas. Why is Chidinma singing in Yoruba? Even Psquare sang 'E je A Jo' Biafra should respect Yorubas when it comes to music.
If they sing in their mother tongue then its not hip hop. Hip hop is English not yoruba. English is the generally accepted and spoken language in Nigeria. I am Edo not biafra i know biafra is your nightmare.
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 19, 2015
xklucvG:

If they sing in their mother tongue then its not hip hop. Hip hop is English not yoruba. English is the generally accepted and spoken language in Nigeria. I am Edo not biafra i know biafra is your nightmare.

Go and listen to Pon Pon Pon by Dagrin, SBM by Seriki ft Vector, Atewo Bara by Ruggedman ft 9ice and Voice of the Street by Olamide and you'd know Hip Hop could come in form of any language.
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by horlakunle25(m): 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
Rapmoney:
Lalasticlala, airmark, cheesy cool
is rapmoney OK financially like terry g....did dis luk like a "beef" write up...I think YES!! I don't jst like it wen I see things like dis against terry g, am a little bit close to him...he spit trash and he make money 4rm it!!....so if wat u think as trash don't come up again, no be say things aare bad 4 him ooo!! He is a young man who gat some investment dat brings in money to him on daaily bases!! As he usually say to people who knw him well, he will say don't call me "star" bicos dey shine @ nite aand disappear in d morning!!
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by horlakunle25(m): 3:22pm On Nov 19, 2015
vicstar:
Lol, I smell hate in diz ish :-XLol,dat broda used his creativity and gat d "mulla"undecidedwait when u say fall do u mean go broke? #puzzled
abi oooo!!! Abeg help me ask d OP ooo!! Na endtime beef be dis ooo!!
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by horlakunle25(m): 3:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
Benz4pimp:
Chai!!!you guys are either dumb or deaf,did you just say fall of terry G?guy,he has invested a lot and he can sit back now.please try and visit Iju in ifako ijaiye and u will see for yourself.please learn to visit Google b4 u type trash,terry just did a remix with wiz kid and phyno,he as more than 4 single out there(party banger),terry isn't after that big money tingy,terry is still signed to glo and he goes from one uni to another......
chai!!! brother God bless u wit dis comment!! Hardly u go see aany aabule-egbaa,iju,ishaga or agege dude daat will sit down to write dis Trash abt him!!Dis OP don high on "beef weed" 4rm jamaica!!
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by xklucvG: 12:29am On Nov 20, 2015
Jesumed:

Go and listen to Pon Pon Pon by Dagrin, SBM by Seriki ft Vector, Atewo Bara by Ruggedman ft 9ice and Voice of the Street by Olamide and you'd know Hip Hop could come in form of any language.
No way, hip hop is American not Yoruba hip hop reaches out to the entire world. These guys you ask me to listen to only sing for the Yorubas. These guys are not hip hop and i can not listen to the unorganised noise coming from them i am sorry. Please beg them to do their thing in English so they can reach out to everybody or do they have problem with the English language.

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 20, 2015
xklucvG:

No way, hip hop is American not Yoruba hip hop reaches out to the entire world. These guys you ask me to listen to only sing for the Yorubas. These guys are not hip hop and i can not listen to the unorganised noise coming from them i am sorry. Please beg them to do their thing in English so they can reach out to everybody or do they have problem with the English language.

You don't get it. They are singing trash. But I mentioned specific tracks you should listen to. Go and listen to those tracks and you will know what I'm talking about.
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by xklucvG: 4:26pm On Nov 20, 2015
Jesumed:

You don't get it. They are singing trash. But I mentioned specific tracks you should listen to. Go and listen to those tracks and you will know what I'm talking about.
Okay i will try and get to listen to the tracks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rema Finally Reunites With His Uniport Girlfriend At The Chop Life Festival - / Don Jazzy Addresses The Illuminati Story / Pretty Mike & His 6 Pregnant 'Girlfriends' Made It To Wendy Williams Show (Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.