Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,252 members, 7,836,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Obj Didnt Bring Gsm To Nigeria, Neither Did Gej Brought Vehicle Manufacturing To - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obj Didnt Bring Gsm To Nigeria, Neither Did Gej Brought Vehicle Manufacturing To (1257 Views)

Nigeria: Neither Buhari Nor Nnamdi Kanu / Lai Mohammed Tours Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company In Nnewi (Photos) / What Did GEJ Do Wrong That Buhari Is Doing Right? - Chief Anthony Eshemokhai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obj Didnt Bring Gsm To Nigeria, Neither Did Gej Brought Vehicle Manufacturing To by deandavid(m): 12:01pm On Nov 18, 2015
Majority of Nigerians are very poor in reasoning and exposure, even some educated ones fall into this category, i dont believe in the statement, OBJ brought telephone to Nigeria or GEJ brought manufacturing of vehicles to Nigeria, reason being that Nigeria is a country that every wise investor will want to invest in, even before GSM company came to Nigeria, its already a technology that will eventually come, irrespective of who was the president then,so OBJ who fortunately was at the helm of affairs then shouldnt be regarded as the person that brought GSM into Nigeria, its a matter of technological advancement which will eventually come, even if Adolf Hitler was to be our president then, GSM will still come, its just a matter of time, so also this car manufacturing thing shouldnt be attributed to whether GEJ or PMB, it is a business that will be profitable to the company if they have their plant here, and not because GEJ developed the technology of car manufacturing. Lets start reasoning like civilsed people. people will be laughing at our comments and be thinking we might really be an inferior specie, if we continue to reason like this.
Re: Obj Didnt Bring Gsm To Nigeria, Neither Did Gej Brought Vehicle Manufacturing To by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 18, 2015
deandavid:
Majority of Nigerians are very poor in reasoning and exposure, even some educated ones fall into this category, i dont believe in the statement, OBJ brought telephone to Nigeria or GEJ brought manufacturing of vehicles to Nigeria, reason being that Nigeria is a country that every wise investor will want to invest in, even before GSM company came to Nigeria, its already a technology that will eventually come, irrespective of who was the president then,so OBJ who fortunately was at the helm of affairs then shouldnt be regarded as the person that brought GSM into Nigeria, its a matter of technological advancement which will eventually come, even if Adolf Hitler was to be our president then, GSM will still come, its just a matter of time, so also this car manufacturing thing shouldnt be attributed to whether GEJ or PMB, it is a business that will be profitable to the company if they have their plant here, and not because GEJ developed the technology of car manufacturing. Lets start reasoning like civilsed people. people will be laughing at our comments and be thinking we might really be an inferior specie, if we continue to reason like this.
OP, which investor would ever go to a dwindling and crippling nation to invest If you can answer that correctly, then your post is just pure fernabaçe
Re: Obj Didnt Bring Gsm To Nigeria, Neither Did Gej Brought Vehicle Manufacturing To by deandavid(m): 12:41pm On Nov 18, 2015
crippling nation? well this is quite different from the subject here, but i will give u a good analysis, Nigeria has the highest growing population in the world, Nigeria has the highest number of untapped or underutilized resources in the world, Nigeria's market is so active, that anything can sell, Nigeria is a unique place, where even in the face of uncertainty, the people still look to hope and struggles for a better tomorrow, in Nigeria even if bomb is blowing up everywhere people still go and open their shop to hustle, u can never stop the spirit of a Nigeria. that is why Nigerians are the highest number of people in every country after the host citizens. now who wouldnt want to invest in Nigeria. Now back to the topic, OBJ didnt bring GSM to Nigeria
Re: Obj Didnt Bring Gsm To Nigeria, Neither Did Gej Brought Vehicle Manufacturing To by speedyGonzales: 12:45pm On Nov 18, 2015
L
Re: Obj Didnt Bring Gsm To Nigeria, Neither Did Gej Brought Vehicle Manufacturing To by pus96: 1:01pm On Nov 18, 2015
Ade musiwa is
Re: Obj Didnt Bring Gsm To Nigeria, Neither Did Gej Brought Vehicle Manufacturing To by mazeltov(m): 1:22pm On Nov 18, 2015
deandavid:
crippling nation? well this is quite different from the subject here, but i will give u a good analysis, Nigeria has the highest growing population in the world, Nigeria has the highest number of untapped or underutilized resources in the world, Nigeria's market is so active, that anything can sell, Nigeria is a unique place, where even in the face of uncertainty, the people still look to hope and struggles for a better tomorrow, in Nigeria even if bomb is blowing up everywhere people still go and open their shop to hustle, u can never stop the spirit of a Nigeria. that is why Nigerians are the highest number of people in every country after the host citizens. now who wouldnt want to invest in Nigeria. Now back to the topic, OBJ didnt bring GSM to Nigeria
Opening of shops in a bomb ravaged area is different from bringing high capital foreign investment into the same area!! the objectives and views of a foreign investors is quite different from that of local investors. As a foreign investor, I can't take my investment to syria or a country where there is no security of lives and property - business is not about taking risk but taking logical and safe risk!! Firstly, give credit to the goverment that provided such avenue to accommodate technological investment, that is why people are saying that they brought them to Nigeria. No matter the amount of untapped resources in North-eastern part of Nigeria or Syria, no foreign investor would go there and invest!!
Re: Obj Didnt Bring Gsm To Nigeria, Neither Did Gej Brought Vehicle Manufacturing To by sevenhundred(m): 1:31pm On Nov 18, 2015
THAT MEANS CHILD HAS NO PARENTS.. GOD CREATS THEM.
Re: Obj Didnt Bring Gsm To Nigeria, Neither Did Gej Brought Vehicle Manufacturing To by deandavid(m): 8:24am On Nov 19, 2015
mazeltov:
Opening of shops in a bomb ravaged area is different from bringing high capital foreign investment into the same area!! the objectives and views of a foreign investors is quite different from that of local investors. As a foreign investor, I can't take my investment to syria or a country where there is no security of lives and property - business is not about taking risk but taking logical and safe risk!! Firstly, give credit to the goverment that provided such avenue to accommodate technological investment, that is why people are saying that they brought them to Nigeria. No matter the amount of untapped resources in North-eastern part of Nigeria or Syria, no foreign investor would go there and invest!!
my friend, this is quite different from the syria,iraq and borno case, Nigeria wasnt in war during that period, the place was peaceful, we just re activated our democracy then, and every wise biz man would want to be the early bird, get all profits as quik as possible, that was how econet, mtn etc. came and even paid heavily to start the gsm biz in Nigeria. its just timing and again OBJ no bring GSM come Nigeria.
Re: Obj Didnt Bring Gsm To Nigeria, Neither Did Gej Brought Vehicle Manufacturing To by mazeltov(m): 10:21am On Nov 19, 2015
deandavid:

my friend, this is quite different from the syria,iraq and borno case, Nigeria wasnt in war during that period, the place was peaceful, we just re activated our democracy then, and every wise biz man would want to be the early bird, get all profits as quik as possible, that was how econet, mtn etc. came and even paid heavily to start the gsm biz in Nigeria. its just timing and again OBJ no bring GSM come Nigeria.
they saw the opportunity cus the enviroment was friendly!! More so, I need you to remember that before any investor can start a large scale business or company, they must have registered with C.A.C - and the government has the reserve power of rejecting it but which president doesn't like development? . Need I remind you that most of those international companies operating in Nigeria use to pay some kind of dues to the president/government, well don't let me say bribe!! My brother, no international company can come and start investing or operating in Nigeria without the consent of the government so appreciate the fact the government allowed those companies to operate and invest in our country and that's why people are saying that the ''then'' president brought it to nigeria

(1) (Reply)

. / Buhari Administration A Big Disappointment So Far-Bloomberg / If USA N Russia & USA Shld Go To War(Hypothetically), Who Do You Think Wld Win?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.