Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended (3431 Views)

Mbe Nwaniga Compares Ojukwu's Biafra To Kanu's Biafra / The Reason Why Ojukwu Declared Biafra Republic And Declaration Speech / Ben Bruce Poses With Plane Ojukwu Left Nigeria With & Fled To Ivory Coast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by 8unit(f): 2:29pm On Nov 18, 2015
I'm not from the east or south south, i'm not even a Biafran and don't ever wish to be. But i had to read about Biafran war out of my curiousity. I also read much about wars and i discovered It is only a foolish General that will
allow himself to be captured when
there is room for escape. ojukwu did
the right thing by escaping capture
because he would have been
humiliated and killed. The rule for Generals is to escape
capture if you can but where this is not
possible, you either commit suicide or
die taking your bullets on the chest
and not your back. I think people should stop saying that man ran away. I'm a Nigerian and I know how bad Nigerian Government would have treated Biafrans if Ojukwu was caught red handed and humiliated. Had it been Ojukwu was captured, Gowon wouldn't have said "No Victor, No Vanguished". I think the only respect Igbos still have now is Ojukwus escape cos their wasn't any prosecution after the war. Nigerian army didn't win the war because Ojukwu wasn't captured. I love igbos, I'm still in love with my first love who's igbo and the little time i spent with his mum is one of the most exciting times of my life. My take

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by chocolateme(f): 2:30pm On Nov 18, 2015
Ok
Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by phi91lipin(m): 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2015
true talk, read there was a country by Chinua Achebe. Ojukwu would have waited If he gat gods
Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by 8unit(f): 2:55pm On Nov 18, 2015
phi91lipin:
true talk, read there was a country by Chinua Achebe. Ojukwu would have waited If he gat gods

how?
Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by ekesimo(m): 3:08pm On Nov 18, 2015
May God continue to bless you.
Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by Ephemmm: 3:37pm On Nov 18, 2015
8unit:
I'm not from the east or south south, i'm not even a Biafran and don't ever wish to be. But i had to read about Biafran war out of my curiousity. I also read much about wars and i discovered It is only a foolish General that will
and not your back. I think people should stop saying that man ran away. I'm a Nigerian and I know how bad Nigerian Government would have treated Biafrans if Ojukwu was caught red handed and humiliated. Had it been Ojukwu was captured, Gowon wouldn't have said "No Victor, No Vanguished". I think the only respect Igbos still have now is Ojukwus escape cos their wasn't any prosecution after the war. Nigerian army didn't win the war because Ojukwu wasn't captured. I love igbos, I'm still in love with my first love who's igbo and the little time i spent with his mum is one of the most exciting times of my life. My take

Who are you deceiving? Ojukwu is not only an improvident leader but a coward who should learn from MKO. MKO was told to either renounce his Presidency or stay in the prison for life. As Are-ona-Kakanfo, he restated his commitment to the dream he believed in and died in the process

Igbo boy! you are hereby charged for impersonation. tongue tongue tongue

11 Likes

Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by Herald47: 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2015
The worst thing that would have happened to the igbos would have been ojukwu dying in the war,if that ojukwu died in the war,who knows the conditions the igbos would have been in todays nigeria,the nigerian forces killed innocent civilians even children within 12yrs were massacred at asaba,is it ojukwu that they will spare?
Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by BiafranAvatar(m): 4:16pm On Nov 18, 2015
8unit:

Are u sure u r nt doing this thru love choridor

I'm a full blooded Biafran!!!
Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by Ballmer: 4:43pm On Nov 18, 2015
Chest beating mofos. All noise n no action except protesting in their enclave. OP how you intend to justify a cowardly act as bravery is beyond me. I won't bother disturbing my brain over that. To every man, Igbo or not his believe but the igbos should know when push come to shove cheating beating won't earn you Biafra. You can ask your fathers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by Nicheey(m): 10:30pm On Feb 09, 2017
8unit:

please what ever you are highon works perfectly fine
Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by Igboid: 11:42pm On Feb 09, 2017
Ephemmm:

Who are you deceiving? Ojukwu is not only an improvident leader but a coward who should learn from MKO. MKO was told to either renounce his Presidency or stay in the prison for life. As Are-ona-Kakanfo, he restated his commitment to the dream he believed in and died in the process

Igbo boy! you are hereby charged for impersonation. tongue tongue tongue

MKO was cornered. He thought his people will fight for him, I guess he forgot the treacherous nature of his people, only for Yoruba elders to collect bribe from BIB and cashed out on him, leaving him to die in anguish and regret, a forgotten man.

What about Awolowo, the infamous Yoruba self acclaimed sage that was caught for the second time plotting coup, was given the option of exile or jail byIBB, but the coward took the cheap way out by taking his life using Otapiapia rat poison, can it get more cowardly than that.

And don't get me started on the weeping Yoruba General that was crying like a baby for his life.

You lots are bunch of shameless people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by BlackMbakara1(m): 11:43pm On Feb 09, 2017
He was a trained soldier, so this excuse is not tenable. Before you plan a coup or go to war, you know the consequences...read about Spartans.

He who fights and run remains a coward. Was his life or was he better than those who died during the struggle?

My advice is don't start what you can't finish. A good captain is the last person to ABS...

5 Likes

Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by Igboid: 11:45pm On Feb 09, 2017
BlackMbakara1:
He was a trained soldier, so this excuse is not tenable. Before you plan a coup or go to war, you know the consequences...read about Spartans.

He who fights and run remains a coward. Was his life or was he better than those who died during the struggle?

My advice is don't start what you can't finish. A good captain is the last person to ABS...

You need your head examined. When did Ojukwu plan a coup or start a war?

Does this good captain ish apply to your self acclaimed coward sage that abandoned the ship of life using Otapiapia boat to sail over the other side when IBB had him cornered?

2 Likes

Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by darknetcom: 11:55pm On Feb 09, 2017
Herald47:
The worst thing that would have happened to the igbos would have been ojukwu dying in the war,if that ojukwu died in the war,who knows the conditions the igbos would have been in todays nigeria,the nigerian forces killed innocent civilians even children within 12yrs were massacred at asaba,is it ojukwu that they will spare?

thats why patriotic nigerians see him as a hero...

those that call him names are pissed off..
understandable...

alot of lifes were lost..not only igbo lifes...
Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by BlackMbakara1(m): 11:57pm On Feb 09, 2017
Igboid:

You need your head examined. When did Ojukwu plan a coup or start a war?

Does this good captain ish apply to your self acclaimed coward sage that abandoned the ship of life using Otapiapia boat to sail over the other side when IBB had him cornered?

To go school na one thing, another is to understand simple English. I see your fingers does the thinking, ordinarily i wouldn't have dignify you with a response but since your so myopic and not rational...i'll leave you to your folly.

If you were properly schooled, you should have lectured me with facts and not display your crass stupidity...maturity is read and waka pass.

Get the Bleep off my mention bloody idiot, who is your mate?

5 Likes

Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by Igboid: 12:02am On Feb 10, 2017
BlackMbakara1:

To go school na one thing, another is to understand simple English. I see your fingers does the thinking, ordinarily i wouldn't have dignify you with a response but since your so myopic and not rational...i'll leave you to your folly.

If you were properly schooled, you should have lectured me with facts and not display your crass stupidity...maturity is read and waka pass.

Incoherent ranting of a Yoruba muslim.
Next time, don't say what you can't defend. Now siri nsi nsi, si ebea puo, get lost!

2 Likes

Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by Nobody: 12:03am On Feb 10, 2017
BlackMbakara1:

NO you are the immature one here. Lol. So your bloody sage coward jumped the ship of life using otapiapua. Lol. That guy is bad. tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by raumdeuter: 12:06am On Feb 10, 2017
Give us examples of respected war generals who fled war front and left their followers to die

3 Likes

Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by laudate: 12:07am On Feb 10, 2017
8unit:
I'm not from the east or south south, i'm not even a Biafran and don't ever wish to be. But i had to read about Biafran war out of my curiousity. I also read much about wars and i discovered It is only a foolish General that will allow himself to be captured when there is room for escape. ojukwu did the right thing by escaping capture because he would have been humiliated and killed. The rule for Generals is to escape capture if you can but where this is not possible, you either commit suicide or die taking your bullets on the chest and not your back. I think people should stop saying that man ran away. I'm a Nigerian and I know how bad Nigerian Government would have treated Biafrans if Ojukwu was caught red handed and humiliated. Had it been Ojukwu was captured, Gowon wouldn't have said "No Victor, No Vanguished". I think the only respect Igbos still have now is Ojukwus escape cos their wasn't any prosecution after the war. Nigerian army didn't win the war because Ojukwu wasn't captured. I love igbos, I'm still in love with my first love who's igbo and the little time i spent with his mum is one of the most exciting times of my life. My take

If all the soldiers that Ojukwu sent to the war front had escaped like he did, what would have happened?? Oh, he knew how to send other men to the battlefield, but he himself chose the escape route? We live and learn... it is ok. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by omenkaLives(m): 12:09am On Feb 10, 2017
laudate:

If all the soldiers that Ojukwu sent to the war front had escaped like he did, what would have happened?? Oh, he knew how to send other men to the battlefield, but he himself chose the escape route? We live and learn... it is ok. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by BlackMbakara1(m): 12:12am On Feb 10, 2017
raumdeuter:
Give us examples of respected war generals who fled war front and left their followers to die

Don't mind the cowards...they are so filled with bitterness.

1 Like

Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by BlackMbakara1(m): 12:14am On Feb 10, 2017
laudate:

Just imagine if all the soldiers decided to bail on him first...

3 Likes

Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by laudate: 12:15am On Feb 10, 2017
BlackMbakara1:
Just imagine if all the soldiers decided to bail on him first...

Na di thing wey me self just dey think ...how di whole thing for be. sad

2 Likes

Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by BlackMbakara1(m): 12:21am On Feb 10, 2017
laudate:

Na di thing wey me self just dey think ...how di whole thing for be. sad

Some misguided nincompoops believes it's his right to bail on them. You can't be shouting you want justice meanwhile you are not ready to sacrifice anything.

People are wiser now....

3 Likes

Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by Igboid: 12:36am On Feb 10, 2017
Afonja slimy one is yet again on Igbo thread spreading his rancid opinions.

By the time Ojukwu left Biafra, the war was almost over.
Ojukwu fought alongside his men in many of the battles, he was the people general.
Can Afonja slimy ones love Ndiigbo more than Ndiigbo love ourselves?
We know of their Igbophobia, why are they crying more than the bereaved here?

Ojukwu left Biafra on 9th January 1970, Biafra. under Effiong surrendered to Nigeria on 12th January 1970.
How exactly did Ojukwu send Ndiigbo to war he wasn't part of?

2 Likes

Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by Nobody: 12:40am On Feb 10, 2017
raumdeuter:

Continue deceiving yourself. That's why nobody has time to reply you. Lemme help you. Ojukwu didn't flee the 'warfront'. He wasn't at the front. He 'escaped' when the war was almost over. Most importantly. A soldier who fought for 3 years cannot be called a coward. Even the northerners don't call him a coward. Nigerians know where cowards are- in wasteland. Wasteland generals won't even fight, rhey will kneel down and cry to the enemy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by Nobody: 12:43am On Feb 10, 2017
Igboid:

Ojukwu fought alongside his men in many of the battles, he was the people general.

My brother. Me I tire for them. Their compulsion to oppose and confront the igbos betray their innate fears. May heaven help them.

1 Like

Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by Igboid: 12:44am On Feb 10, 2017
Fineman87:

My brother. Me I tire for them. Their compulsion to oppose and confront the igbos betray their innate fears. May heaven help them.

Nnaa eh, Ike gwuru.
Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by OreMI22: 12:53am On Feb 10, 2017
Funny enough, Buhari is provoking another Biafra with unnecessary bigotry
Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by Ngozi123(f): 1:06am On Feb 10, 2017
Most people don't know that had Ojukwu stayed to the very end and allowed himself to be captured then the savage Nigerian Army would have murdered him, which may have started a new rebellion from certain Easterners who would have wanted to avenge his death. Had he chosen to stay and hide, in the hope that he could start another rebellion, then hundreds of thousands of people would have died in the Nigerian army's search for him.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by Nobody: 1:37am On Feb 10, 2017
z
Re: Why Ojukwu Left Biafra Before The War Ended by obaaderemi: 3:58am On Feb 10, 2017
Igboid:

Ojukwu left Biafra on 9th January 1970, Biafra. under Effiong surrendered to Nigeria on 12th January 1970.
How exactly did Ojukwu send Ndiigbo to war he wasn't part of?
IT is okay.We have heard you.We understand.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Soldier Shares Live Video Battle Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army / Coronavirus: ‘many Men Wish Me Death’- President Muhammad Buhari(video). / Twitter User Shows How To Confirm Tinubu Cocaine And Heroine Cartel Case In USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.