Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,362 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? (52144 Views)

Big Money In Small Businesses / What Is The Price Of Small Generator??? / How Nigeria Is Making It Easier For Small Businesses To Get Funding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by loomer: 11:19pm On Nov 18, 2015
FREEEMANAN:
undecided

Smh....

When they import too much gen, Nigerians complain that the politicians deliberately deprive us of power supply so their friends and relatives who imports Gen would sell...

Now see the new malady.... Does Buhari hate Small businesses? Issapity..... No wonder these politicians will continue to zap the economy and starve the people... They know we have misplaced priorities and confusion inherent our beingness....

Still smh

Bro the truth be say, if government fit make light stable, those generator go leave nigerian markets on their own, no body go import, there will be no need for a ban.
For example now, here wey I dey, no body dey sell fan cos no body go buy. Weather is always cold from January to december.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by cjudy(m): 11:24pm On Nov 18, 2015
Goandie:
Guy how u dey reason still dey baffle mi.
Dis gen na killer gen, the fume alone can cause a lot of damage 2 pples health Especially kids that inhale d fume nd u cum dey use ur hand dey type dis yeye topic.
I need thick strong rope for dis O.p
receive sense in Jesus name. so if u on the gen, u will sit with it abi? can everyone afford the big gen? you are thinking from your anus i guess so. for all of u shouting the gen is a killer, how many have it killed? and most of u are even smoker. sori 4 dis country. no light, no water, no road, security na zero already. all they do is fighting to remove any ruling governor or senator who is not a.p.c. God will you and will the run the president life the way he runs this country

2 Likes

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Tundeiab(m): 11:33pm On Nov 18, 2015
FREEEMANAN:
undecided

Smh....

When they import too much gen, Nigerians complain that the politicians deliberately deprive us of power supply so their friends and relatives who imports Gen would sell...

Now see the new malady.... Does Buhari hate Small businesses? Issapity..... No wonder these politicians will continue to zap the economy and starve the people... They know we have misplaced priorities and confusion inherent our beingness....

Still smh
I have not seen light during the day time in my hood for close to a month now and you are there talking trash.
They only bring light in the night. Abeg na which business dey use light for night.

ODE!!!

1 Like

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by boldking(m): 11:49pm On Nov 18, 2015
i dont hate buhari but dis country is headin into disaster if we dont unite and fight together. but i doubt dat is possible because the igbo will remain big headed, the yoruba big mouthed and the hausa will keep to demselve
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Obynolee(f): 11:52pm On Nov 18, 2015
YouthsPC0:

Following the decision of the Federal government Under the leadership  General Muhammadu Buhari to restrict foreign exchange many entrepreneurs and small business have continued to see their profits plunge while others have simply suspended or closed business altogether.
To further aggravate the woes of these small business and families across Nigeria the Buhari administration has placed a blanket ban on the sale and importation of small generators otherwise know as "I PASS MY NEIGHBOUR"

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/fg-bans-importation-of-%E2%80%98i-pass-my-neighbour%E2%80%99-generators

This source of power has been the live wire of many business such as restaurants, Saloon/ barbing shops,  Small offices , student hostels, corner shops and millions of families across Africa's most populous nation owing to the inability of the government to provide constant power supply to its over 170 million population.

Before riding to power the ruling All progressive congress had promised to generate 5000 MW of electricity yearly which translates into  20,000 MW in 4 years however, six months into their first year In office the power situation appears to be getting worse, compounded by the scarcity  of petrol used to fire up this alternative source of power.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/02/well-generate-20000mw-of-electricity-in-4-years-says-buhari/

The question many Nigerians are asking is why will their government choose to ban the only source of power to millions of small businesses and families when it appears clueless as to how to provide the stable electricity it promised before the elections.

The clear lack of policy direction by current government and a great affinity for taking decisions before thinking has ensured that the last six months was littered with policy reversals, somersault and sea of  conflicting information from 

Except our brothers from Aba come to our rescue by  producing these generators  locally these policy might signal the beginning of the end for many entrepreneurs and small businesses 

This government is very confused, why not provide steady power and watch generator business die a natural death?, why wasting time on the ban thereby increasing smuggling of the product and denying yourself of the revenue accrued to the products import?.

2 Likes

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by samofson: 12:31am On Nov 19, 2015
I have a feeling the media people of PMB will soon come out and deny this statment. If the ban is health related, they clearly didn't think this through. All the massive generators used by banks hotels Aso Rock etc cause more pollution than I better pass my neighbor.

If u ban one, you have to ban the other or esle you would be seen as elitist.

2 Likes

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by tonychristopher: 12:31am On Nov 19, 2015
Thank lord that I did not vote this gangs

1 Like

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by tonychristopher: 12:33am On Nov 19, 2015
boldking:
i dont hate buhari but dis country is headin into disaster if we dont unite and fight together. but i doubt dat is possible because the igbo will remain big headed, the yoruba big mouthed and the hausa will keep to demselve
Who will unite with you...did you see any Igbo voting in that gworo chewing clan

Face what you bargained for

1 Like

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by ODUBEZE: 12:40am On Nov 19, 2015
Good! at least now there will power stability. I hope.
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Gee15: 12:53am On Nov 19, 2015
That is the best move ever ,continue Mr president I support you ,all for the good of the country.
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by drmikeadams(m): 12:54am On Nov 19, 2015
loomer:

Bro the truth be say, if government fit make light stable, those generator go leave nigerian markets on their own, no body go import, there will be no need for a ban.
For example now, here wey I dey, no body dey sell fan cos no body go buy. Weather is always cold from January to december.
grin grin..abeg where be dis ...?
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Gee15: 12:57am On Nov 19, 2015
samofson:
I have a feeling the media people of PMB will soon come out and deny this statment. If the ban is health related, they clearly didn't think this through. All the massive generators used by banks hotels Aso Rock etc cause more pollution than I better pass my neighbor.

If u ban one, you have to ban the other or esle you would be seen as elitist.

.it's a gradual process ,you be surprised that the number of I pass my neighbour is much more than the big gens and also result to more filling station keeping their fuel to sell to I pass my neighbour than to sell to cars ,this is a way forward.
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by pikapizy(m): 1:04am On Nov 19, 2015
I see most people blinded by sentiments, because you support buhari doesn't mean you should defend him even when you know it's wrong...to all those calling the gen a killer etc... compare those numbers killed by small gen and those killed by accident as result of bad roads (if he really care about our health like he claims; how many roads has buhari improved since he came into power ?)
compare those killed by this gen since 1960 and those killed by boko haram since 2010 (if he really care: how many shelter or homes has he provided for borno victims and how many boko haram has he killed ) compare how many people killed by gen and those killed by Dangote trailers on Nigerian road why hasn't he banned these ? ,compare those killed by gen and those killed by armed robbers yearly ..how will businesses like barbing saloons etc work with big gen in country where fuel is currently 200 and above? student use this gen,small scale biz use it ..if u still defend this banning of gen...then you're a huge disappointment and insult to the human specie..
NB: I don't support any party.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Roks(m): 1:08am On Nov 19, 2015
Kimoni:
This thing should be banned, infact, commercial "okadas", "keke marwa" should all be banned in Naija or at least in every major city.

They are all pose major health risk - emitting poisonous substance into the air, inturn, causing all sort of health issues.

Weren't we surviving before these things came on board?

You should be banned as well how do u expect families to survive if something like this happen

1 Like

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Osyxcel(m): 1:10am On Nov 19, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Wicked and clueless government!

Why don't you start producing before the ban?
Mtchewwwww undecided

Why should we produce when we intend to improve power generation? undecided
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by xerxes456(m): 1:13am On Nov 19, 2015
Poverty n hunger don blind people sotey when govt dey make policy wey go beter our lives, we no get ability to c talkless of understand, na hand to mouth (even if na junk them dey feed us #GEJgovt) n belle infrastructure wey no fit stand the Test of time, people dey trip for, "I pass my neighbor" na killer from day go, imagine a gen wey u fit mix lub oil n. Fuel for the same tank!!! Abeg!! If u use that thing near my area I go call police, sue you for atempted murder. All these chicken licken running around crying the sky is falling where as na small acorn land for your head, allow generator merchants dey use you stir up unneccesary crisis because of your gullibility, go sidon make pesin hear word biko... Mu...
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by adconline(m): 1:18am On Nov 19, 2015
Always banning without providing another alternative which is, provide power!!

1 Like

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by legendsilver(m): 1:31am On Nov 19, 2015
Nashoji:
cluseless government.
that was GEJ nickname bro, i really missed it ever since he was booted out of government by we the change merchant
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Kirinwa: 2:12am On Nov 19, 2015
FREEEMANAN:
undecided

Smh....

Still smh

I think there's a collaboration between NEPA and Petroleum marketers. NEPA always takes light during crucial matches and when fuel increase periods.
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by chinchum(m): 2:34am On Nov 19, 2015
Not all SMEs use "i pass my neigbour" , infact i opine over 70% do not use "i pass my neigbour" maybe barbers and those with very little need for electric power, Tailors, hairdressers, welders, frozenfood sellers, laundry cleaners, business centres, e.t..c do not use such generators
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by samofson: 2:52am On Nov 19, 2015
Gee15:

.it's a gradual process ,you be surprised that the number of I pass my neighbour is much more than the big gens and also result to more filling station keeping their fuel to sell to I pass my neighbour than to sell to cars ,this is a way forward.

It's not the way forward . Diesel fumes are more harmful that petrol fumes. The big gens run on diesel while most IBPMN's run on petrol.

This is clearly window dressing. If this statement about the ban is true then the government has failed to tackle the elephant in the room. The big generator companies.

What should have been done is to regulate the amount of emissions from the big gens, ensure all big gens undergo emission tests and request Gen operators and owners display emission test certificates and seal up or conviscate those that dont meet the standard while concentrating on sorting out our power problem.

The ban may be associated to the high demand on PMS and not necessarily the environment, if that's the case then they should ban Okadas and Keke Napeps. Why must the poor man always be the first to suffer.why must he be punished for the iniquities of the rich who have robbed us of our commonwealth.How much money has been spent on power and yet things are still as bad if not worse .I weep I weep.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Rinzman(m): 3:56am On Nov 19, 2015
There are two sides to this and hopefully our electricity challenge...Government BANNING the importation of these small generators is a good move cos it has caused quite a huge number of deaths and poisoning. However, if government wants to meet up with the growing demand for electricity in Nigeria, they MUST(as a matter of urgency) augment present electricity production output with alternative sources such as SOLAR SYSTEM(s),WIND TURBINES,more DAMS obviously(all environmentally friendly).
Though they are long term projects(considering the present state of the economy and her purse), alternative sources for government would be to mount INDUSTRIAL generators on the streets of towns,as is obtainable in some states like Warri, Asaba, Minna, Ph, Akure et al. These generators vary in capacity as some can produce e.g 3250KVA which in my opinion(not as an electrical engr) can serve an entire area/street,such that can be alternated with PHCN whenever there is light.
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by cutestcee: 3:58am On Nov 19, 2015
haywire1:
NICE MOVE, MY NEIGHBOUR DEY ALWAYS DISTURB ME WITH HIS "I PASS MY NEIGHBOUR " GEN.. I HOPE THEY START ARRESTING THOSE USING IT SOON STARTING FROM MY NEIGHBOUR, BABA NGOZI NO VEX OOO

#
When your name is haywire, why won't u reason like a mad pyscho
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by anonimi: 4:12am On Nov 19, 2015
Csami:
Don't worry I'll stabilize power then boost it - Buhari

Applying his 1985 brain in 2015....GOODLUCK to that.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2029034_failbuhari10_jpeg11315a33f99ed88e64c2c875eabb4b78
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 4:21am On Nov 19, 2015
Kimoni:
This thing should be banned, infact, commercial "okadas", "keke marwa" should all be banned in Naija or at least in every major city.

They are all pose major health risk - emitting poisonous substance into the air, inturn, causing all sort of health issues.

Weren't we surviving before these things came on board?
. Body ordour movent ,see what we are passing queuing up to buy fuel at the rate of 200 per liter ,,,mhhh 2019 loading .

1 Like

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by ZUBY77(m): 4:30am On Nov 19, 2015
FREEEMANAN:
undecided

Smh....

Still smh

You can only stop then importation of small generators by simply supplying alternative power source.

If you give Nigerians stable light, nobody buys generator again, even the big ones.

You don't stop their source of power without giving them another solution.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by sokera: 4:46am On Nov 19, 2015
adconline:
Always banning without providing another alternative which is, provide power!!
alternative is go and buy big gen ... Very simple
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Nobody: 4:51am On Nov 19, 2015
I think the ban is in line with global regulations on pollutants emissions. Two stroke engines no just follow at all. We can't claim to be part of the global world while lagging far behind in important collective global efforts to save the planet. I-pass-my-neighbour is also banned in China where they're made, This is not about Buhari or anyone for that matter.
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by gabbytabby: 5:10am On Nov 19, 2015
YouthsPC0:

Following the decision of the Federal government Under the leadership  General Muhammadu Buhari to restrict foreign exchange many entrepreneurs and small business have continued to see their profits plunge while others have simply suspended or closed business altogether.
To further aggravate the woes of these small business and families across Nigeria the Buhari administration has placed a blanket ban on the sale and importation of small generators otherwise know as "I PASS MY NEIGHBOUR"

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/fg-bans-importation-of-%E2%80%98i-pass-my-neighbour%E2%80%99-generators
U

This source of power has been the live wire of many business such as restaurants, Saloon/ barbing shops,  Small offices , student hostels, corner shops and millions of families across Africa's most populous nation owing to the inability of the government to provide constant power supply to its over 170 million population.

Before riding to power the ruling All progressive congress had promised to generate 5000 MW of electricity yearly which translates into  20,000 MW in 4 years however, six months into their first year In office the power situation appears to be getting worse, compounded by the scarcity  of petrol used to fire up this alternative source of power.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/02/well-generate-20000mw-of-electricity-in-4-years-says-buhari/

The question many Nigerians are asking is why will their government choose to ban the only source of power to millions of small businesses and families when it appears clueless as to how to provide the stable electricity it promised before the elections.

The clear lack of policy direction by current government and a great affinity for taking decisions before thinking has ensured that the last six months was littered with policy reversals, somersault and sea of  conflicting information from 

Except our brothers from Aba come to our rescue by  producing these generators  locally these policy might signal the beginning of the end for many entrepreneurs and small businesses 

Wailers on the prowl
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Goandie: 6:04am On Nov 19, 2015
kodded:

zombies ooo

Zombies

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837478_apczombie_jpeg18e83b86a22c6378b2e3f37984ea3432

grin guy u foni I swear u, coz I told u d truth am now a zombie lol.
Wen d fume kills sum 1 u know den u will now knw how dangerous d gen can be.
Exhaust from the generating sets contains carbon monoxide, a dangerous, invisible, odourless and colourless gas. When inhaled, carbon monoxide replaces oxygen in the tissues. The tell–tale signs on the victim are dizziness, nausea, headache, even confusion, symptoms mistakenly attributed to too much alcohol or sun.
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by slimvim: 6:08am On Nov 19, 2015
ending air pollution while bomb dey rock places

1 Like

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by nicerichard05: 6:18am On Nov 19, 2015
FREEEMANAN:
undecided

Smh....

Still smh

My brother why didn't they ban MIKANNO and other heavy duty generators?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions / Stay Away From Lcredit, They Are Worst Than Sokoloan / London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.