Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,864 members, 7,956,266 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:51 AM

Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? (52451 Views)

Big Money In Small Businesses / What Is The Price Of Small Generator??? / How Nigeria Is Making It Easier For Small Businesses To Get Funding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:43am On Nov 19, 2015
No need banning generator at all because the gene will ban itself if electricity is stable, APC na true scam ooooO. I give up

2 Likes

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by mbhs139(m): 8:49am On Nov 19, 2015
pikapizy=40177350:

I see most people blinded by sentiments, because you support buhari doesn't mean you should defend him even when you know it's wrong...to all those calling the gen a killer etc... compare those numbers killed by small gen and those killed by accident as result of bad roads (if he really care about our health like he claims; how many roads has buhari improved since he came into power ?)
compare those killed by this gen since 1960 and those killed by boko haram since 2010 (if he really care: how many shelter or homes has he provided for borno victims and how many boko haram has he killed ) compare how many people killed by gen and those killed by Dangote trailers on Nigerian road why hasn't he banned these ? ,compare those killed by gen and those killed by armed robbers yearly ..how will businesses like barbing saloons etc work with big gen in country where fuel is currently 200 and above? student use this gen,small scale biz use it ..if u still defend this banning of gen...then you're a huge disappointment and insult to the human specie..
NB: I don't support any party.
Nigeria is doomed!

You see my friend, it appears your hatred for this government has eroded your sense of reasoning. Otherwise, you wouldn't be spewing this rubbish as it were.

You see, I once thought of buying this particular gen to compliment the big one I'm presently using so that I can at least use it all night when the power issue was so terrible. But I had to reconsider it when I saw the fumes that comes out of it from my neighbours own. It was terrible.

Like one poster said here, how can petrol and engine oil pass through one chamber? This is where the problem is. But your warped sense of reasoning will not make you see the truth. Even when you see it, you can't say it. Children of hate
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by princemi(m): 8:56am On Nov 19, 2015
YouthsPC0:

Following the decision of the Federal government Under the leadership  General Muhammadu Buhari to restrict foreign exchange many entrepreneurs and small business have continued to see their profits plunge while others have simply suspended or closed business altogether.
To further aggravate the woes of these small business and families across Nigeria the Buhari administration has placed a blanket ban on the sale and importation of small generators otherwise know as "I PASS MY NEIGHBOUR"

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/fg-bans-importation-of-%E2%80%98i-pass-my-neighbour%E2%80%99-generators

This source of power has been the live wire of many business such as restaurants, Saloon/ barbing shops,  Small offices , student hostels, corner shops and millions of families across Africa's most populous nation owing to the inability of the government to provide constant power supply to its over 170 million population.

Before riding to power the ruling All progressive congress had promised to generate 5000 MW of electricity yearly which translates into  20,000 MW in 4 years however, six months into their first year In office the power situation appears to be getting worse, compounded by the scarcity  of petrol used to fire up this alternative source of power.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/02/well-generate-20000mw-of-electricity-in-4-years-says-buhari/

The question many Nigerians are asking is why will their government choose to ban the only source of power to millions of small businesses and families when it appears clueless as to how to provide the stable electricity it promised before the elections.

The clear lack of policy direction by current government and a great affinity for taking decisions before thinking has ensured that the last six months was littered with policy reversals, somersault and sea of  conflicting information from 

Except our brothers from Aba come to our rescue by  producing these generators  locally these policy might signal the beginning of the end for many entrepreneurs and small businesses 

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by princemi(m): 9:01am On Nov 19, 2015
YouthsPC0:

Following the decision of the Federal government Under the leadership  General Muhammadu Buhari to restrict foreign exchange many entrepreneurs and small business have continued to see their profits plunge while others have simply suspended or closed business altogether.
To further aggravate the woes of these small business and families across Nigeria the Buhari administration has placed a blanket ban on the sale and importation of small generators otherwise know as "I PASS MY NEIGHBOUR"

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/fg-bans-importation-of-%E2%80%98i-pass-my-neighbour%E2%80%99-generators

This source of power has been the live wire of many business such as restaurants, Saloon/ barbing shops,  Small offices , student hostels, corner shops and millions of families across Africa's most populous nation owing to the inability of the government to provide constant power supply to its over 170 million population.

Before riding to power the ruling All progressive congress had promised to generate 5000 MW of electricity yearly which translates into  20,000 MW in 4 years however, six months into their first year In office the power situation appears to be getting worse, compounded by the scarcity  of petrol used to fire up this alternative source of power.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/02/well-generate-20000mw-of-electricity-in-4-years-says-buhari/

The question many Nigerians are asking is why will their government choose to ban the only source of power to millions of small businesses and families when it appears clueless as to how to provide the stable electricity it promised before the elections.

The clear lack of policy direction by current government and a great affinity for taking decisions before thinking has ensured that the last six months was littered with policy reversals, somersault and sea of  conflicting information from 

Except our brothers from Aba come to our rescue by  producing these generators  locally these policy might signal the beginning of the end for many entrepreneurs and small businesses 

u are a liar, n d funny tin is non of all dis bigots told u dat.
d reason d country is still backward is cos our youths r too lazy to check d authenticity of anything. They just believe wateva they r told...so so pathetic.

d FG neva banned d use of the gen. in question, they only restricted their importation. u can use n even sell if u av already but u can't import. Nw how has dis caused a shut down of 'many' SME's as u claim?? undecided
YouthsPC0:

u are a liar, n d funny tin is non of all dis bigots told u dat.
d reason d country is still backward is cos our youths r too lazy to check d authenticity of anything. They just believe wateva they r told...so so pathetic.

d FG neva banned d use of the gen. in question, they only restricted their importation. u can use n even sell if u av already but u can't import. Nw how has dis caused a shut down of 'many' SME's as u claim??
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by francizy(m): 9:04am On Nov 19, 2015
ThisMeansWars:
dead brain ...

Government banned I pass my neighbour gen ..not regular gen ..
Mumu..

Imbecilîc åsswipe, I'm in support of him banning all generator importation (be it diesel or petrol engine or even inverter generators) if he does the right thing first.

Dimwit, use you tongue to count your teeth, small generator emissions aren't the most pressing issues presently! When we have big generators and medium sized generators here and there. When we have bikes operating anyhow they like, resulting to an increased robbery and crimes generally in places like Lagos. When accidents and criminal activities are at it's all time high presently. When Nigerians are living in darkness and most importantly, can't purchase premium motor spirit at the moment.

A serious government should face the most important issue and tackle it first before rambling around irrelevances but I guess you won't see that because your brain is clogged with mucus, bigotry and unprecedented partisanship. Go cure yourself first before coming here to engage reasonable human beings..

1 Like

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Captain001(m): 9:09am On Nov 19, 2015
[quote author=FREEEMANAN post=40166203] undecided

Smh....

When they import too much gen, Nigerians complain that the politicians deliberately deprive us of power supply so their friends and relatives who imports Gen would sell...

Now see the new malady.... Does Buhari hate Small businesses? Issapity..... No wonder these politicians will continue to zap the economy and starve the people... They know we have misplaced priorities and confusion inherent our beingness....

What alternative measures are in place for the poor who are the predominant users of this small generator?
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 19, 2015
francizy:

Imbecilîc åsswipe, I'm in support of him banning all generator importation (be it diesel or petrol engine or even inverter generators) if he does the right thing first.

Dimwit, use you tongue to count your teeth, small generator emissions aren't the most pressing issues presently! When we have big generators and medium sized generators here and there. When we have bikes operating anyhow they like, resulting to an increased robbery and crimes generally in places like Lagos. When accidents and criminal activities are at it's all time high presently. When Nigerians are living in darkness and most importantly, can't purchase premium motor spirit at the moment.

A serious government should face the most important issue and tackle it first before rambling around irrelevances but I guess you won't see that because your brain is clogged with mucus, bigotry and unprecedented partisanship. Go cure yourself first before coming here to engage reasonable human beings..
shithead.... Banning small generator is a start ..
When they stabilize power, they will ban the rest of the gen .. There won't even be need for gen when power stabilizes ..

Bike etc will also reduce when good mode of transportation is in place ..

i believe in the current regime, you can go and die for all i care.. After all there won't be need for I pass my neighnours gen if pdp hadnt stolen 20billion dollars meant for power in the first place.. tongue
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 19, 2015
b0rn2fuck:
No need banning generator at all because the gene will ban itself if electricity is stable, APC na true scam ooooO. I give up

Mumu, no be u dey shout Sai buhari Sai buhari b4 elections? U n your fellow foolish Nigerians must face d consequences.

2 Likes

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by francizy(m): 9:17am On Nov 19, 2015
ThisMeansWars:
shithead.... Banning small generator is a start ..
When they stabilize power, they will ban the rest of the gen .. There won't even be need for gen when power stabilizes ..

Bike etc will also reduce when good mode of transportation is in place ..

i believe in the current regime, you can go and die for all i care.. After all there won't be need for I pass my neighnours gen if pdp hadnt stolen 20billion dollars meant for power in the first place.. tongue

Brainless turd!! Look critically at the bolded and tell me the sense in banning small generators when power supply is still in its epileptic condition. It's not far fetched, you goats are known for hypocrisy and double standards and you always reason with your årse holes. If the government (both state and federal) is waiting for a good mode of transportation to be in place before banning bikes, why can't they wait for constant power generation before banning small generators.

Sycophantic element!

2 Likes

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 19, 2015
francizy:

Brainless turd!! Look critically at the bolded and tell me the sense in banning small generators when power supply is still in its epileptic condition. It's not far fetched, you goats are known for hypocrisy and double standards and you always reason with your årse holes. If the government (both state and federal) is waiting for a good mode of transportation to be in place before banning bikes, why can't they wait for constant power generation before banning small generators.

Sycophantic element!
small generators are far more dangerous to health hence the need for drastic action ..

Now cry me more river. Fhucktard grin cheesy
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by onoerime: 10:15am On Nov 19, 2015
buhari will offer nigerians another four wasted years

1 Like

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by loomer: 11:11am On Nov 19, 2015
drmikeadams:
grin grin..abeg where be dis ...?

Hmmmmmmm. Ireland. A country where summer sees rain
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by ransomed: 11:12am On Nov 19, 2015
lastpage:

You people and your horrible English sha?
angry angry

Weep: to shed tears

Whip: to turn or stir-up (sentiments)

Synonym: To 'cane' someone

Lastpage!
::-- How many Brit can write Ibo, yoruba or hausa. Remember that i was colonized to write in another man's language, dress like them and behave like them. You might point out my error today, yours is for another day. Thanks.
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by ransomed: 11:17am On Nov 19, 2015
lastpage:
You people and your horrible English sha? angry angry

Lastpage!
::- Is "sha" part of English? Lecture me more.
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by ransomed: 11:18am On Nov 19, 2015
lastpage:
You people and your horrible English sha? angry angry

Lastpage!
::- Is "sha" part of English? Lecture me more.
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by tbanty1: 11:21am On Nov 19, 2015
Priest200:
I hope say no b biafra agitation make presido put this ban..igbo guys go feel am 4 dis ban o.bt as usual na moving on tins o o..if e like mk he ban garri production we go find anoda alta
U no evn get head atall, is it biafra agitation we dey talk here? Dats y u pple re called big headed with coins memory @tyms..

1 Like

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by dollarathe(m): 11:31am On Nov 19, 2015
mbhs139:

You see my friend, it appears your hatred for this government has eroded your sense of reasoning. Otherwise, you wouldn't be spewing this rubbish as it were.

You see, I once thought of buying this particular gen to compliment the big one I'm presently using so that I can at least use it all night when the power issue was so terrible. But I had to reconsider it when I saw the fumes that comes out of it from my neighbours own. It was terrible.

Like one poster said here, how can petrol and engine oil pass through one chamber? This is where the problem is. But your warped sense of reasoning will not make you see the truth. Even when you see it, you can't say it. Children of hate
is insult the only way to pass across information again among youths in naija, after making some salient points , you still abuse him just because his opinion is different from yours. ur insults has eroded all the points u ve made, the guy won't take ur point but also return ur abuses. hence nobody is making point

1 Like

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by 247notire(m): 1:08pm On Nov 19, 2015
It will still be smuggled in if it is banned.
Level of CO emission is the very least of the least of Nigeria's problems.
This is not a people friendly policy obviously.

1 Like

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by pikapizy(m): 1:21pm On Nov 19, 2015
mbhs139:

idiot ! don't quote me again if you can't answer my question... in addition to the questions I asked in my earlier post ...answer these questions too; is ur neighbor dead since he/she started using it? if you can't bring reliable statistics comparing those killed in Nigeria by fuel fumes and those killed by boko haram since buhari took over don't quote me because you're an idiot and a political mugu...ur cluelessness is worst than that of GEJ and ur dullness is worst than that of PMB...political fvckboy,axxlicker...

1 Like

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by alaskido(m): 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
I pass my neighbour generator is not the only gen that produces bad smoke that kill. We have smoking vehicles on our roads like the diesel ones, we also have fumes from our chemical and fertilizer companies, gas flaring, plastic companies etc. This APC change is only victimizing the traders importing these generators. This is the least of our problems. Boko Haram is killing people and all they do is to ban irrelevant items. Shame on this present government. I know they will blame this on Goodluck Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Priest200(m): 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2015
tbanty1:
U no evn get head atall.

i appreciate ur comment the head wey God dn give me the comment no fit take am...i pray dat God would increase ur understand..men ar separated from boys by their words.
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by EveryLadY(f): 2:09pm On Nov 19, 2015
I strongly agree with those calling for an alternative before a ban. If the power supply has improved considerably, the ban would have been a welcomed development. But as it stands now, it is the small businesses that will bear the burnt. May God help small businesses to survive this onslaught.

2 Likes

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by FREEEMANAN(m): 3:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
nicerichard05:

My brother why didn't they ban MIKANNO and other heavy duty generators?

Industrialization purposes
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Barcholder: 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2015
EveryLadY:
I strongly agree with those calling for an alternative before a ban. If the power supply has improved considerably, the ban would have been a welcomed development. But as it stands now, it is the small businesses that will bear the burnt. May God help small businesses to survive this onslaught.

There already is an alternative to these generators, it's called Solar Energy, and that's the reason why Buhari has banned them. There will shortly be a very big push for Solar to replace these noisy and polluting generators, on a PAYG basis.

Anybody who wants guaranteed 24 hours power as a direct replacement to running their i better pass generators should contact Solynta. We are offering Pay as You Go Solar Installations for a fixed monthly cost of N7,000 per month.

Regards

Uvie
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by pikapizy(m): 6:01am On Nov 20, 2015
Ayomivic:

there were some businesses that were created due to the bad adminisrator of government. We shouldnt have known Gen if electricity was stable and believe me Electricity can not stable if government does not ban the importation of Gens because those that are imported it and those that are selling it would never let Electricity to stable. I know nigeria is so corrupt to that extent. Its good to ban importation of Gen for now while we are stil patronize the one in the market in market for maintime the Electricity would stable
no of fence bro but did u read the post at all? Or ur blind love for buhari have robbed you off common sense of comprehension?
Not all gen was banned ! But only the poor man gen..they want only the big men to enjoy light ! And why not make the electricity stable before baning it? Btw those that import gen make more profit on big gens and listers importations like mikano etc than small tiger gen ...thank you
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by pikapizy(m): 6:11am On Nov 20, 2015
FREEEMANAN:

Industrialization purposes
so the rich people and industries can have light while poor people should stay in darkness abi? Those listers and mikanno compared to small gen which do you think is bigger pollutant? This is really government for the rich and elites ...if APC want to hit PDP they should do it in way the stupid PDP people will feel the hit from the foolish APC instead of baning gen ...because The PDP top men don't even use small gen...indeed when two elephant fights the grass surfers

1 Like

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by tonytony208(m): 8:27pm On Nov 20, 2015
miqos02:
that gen is a killer

“The smaller generators have been banned by the Federal Government because it is causing air pollution and destruction of our lungs and breathing system. That is why they have banned it but people are still interested in smuggling them in, that is why we intercepted them. “If you go to the market, you still see them because people have imported them before the ban. So it is the leftover they had before the ban that they are selling because the law did not backdate the ban and it is not an absolute prohibition. “It is prohibition by trade which means you cannot bring it in large quantity and sell to the public. That is the type of prohibition we have on this but if you buy one piece, Customs will not seize it. “We will not relent in our efforts.
http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/fg-bans-importation-of-‘i-pass-my-neighbour’-generators

So Mr the-gen-is-a-killer, are you going to be feeding those who need the gen for business or you are going to provide them with 24 hours power supply?
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by miqos02(m): 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2015
you consider health before money
tonytony208:

So Mr the-gen-is-a-killer, are you going to be feeding those who need the gen for business or you are going to provide them with 24 hours power supply?
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by tonytony208(m): 8:34pm On Nov 20, 2015
miqos02:
you consider health before money

So, they should starve along with their family? Will the starvation improve on their health? What nonsense are you promoting? Will you feed their families for the time being? Will you pay school fees for their kids? Or should they bring their business to your home and connect with your mikano generator?

1 Like

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by miqos02(m): 8:53pm On Nov 20, 2015
tonytony208:

So, they should starve along with their family? Will the starvation improve on their health? What nonsense are you promoting? Will you feed their families for the time being? Will you pay school fees for their kids? Or should they bring their business to your home and connect with your mikano generator?
hehehe, you mean people will starve if they dont use i pass my neigbour gen? u are so funny,

how many businesses really depend on that gen? its mostly used in residential environments
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by tonytony208(m): 2:11am On Nov 21, 2015
miqos02:
hehehe, you mean people will starve if they dont use i pass my neigbour gen? u are so funny,

how many businesses really depend on that gen? its mostly used in residential environments

I am a student and I use the small generator to power my personal business that pays my school fees and feeds me. And there are a million and one others like that. That is the problem with some of you who see yourself as higher than others. You have never experienced what others experience. So, you just make and support anti people rules since they Dont affect you. You are a wicked and insensitive entity. If you are one of those using that small generator, you will not be here supporting this insensitive rule. Now that you have banned the use, what is the alternative your government is providing? Or do you just ban without alternative? Good sign you are really a myopic government without any sense of belonging to those whom elected you.

And did you just say the small gens are used in residential areas? Now that you have banned it, those residential people should be sleeping in darkness from now on, abi? Or will you give them money to buy new bigger generator? Your government Dont produce consistent power supply, yet, you are here blocking hour means of helping ourselves. I see 1984-85 playing out all over again.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by miqos02(m): 10:14am On Nov 21, 2015
tonytony208:

That is the problem with some of you who see yourself as higher than others.
You have never experienced what others experience.
You are a wicked and insensitive entity. Good sign you are really a myopic government without any sense of belonging to those whom elected you.

BRAVO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jeff Bezos Becomes Richest Man In History With A Net Worth Of $211billion ( Pix) / Coronavirus: List of markets shut down by Lagos State Government / Please Suggest A Business I Can Start With Five Hundred Thousand Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.