Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information (7646 Views)

"Gain Access To International Blessing With 1k" Pastor Says –Daddy Freeze Reacts / Genesis 11 : 4 To 7: How Realistic Is This Part Of The Bible? / How Did Demons Come Into Existence? Who Created Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by winner01(m): 10:44pm On Nov 18, 2015
For a/an primitive inspired writer who had no access whatsoever to basic science education or sophisticated space gadgets to give a scientifically accurate information,
For a primitive inspired submission to stand up to scientifically accurate facts,

I strongly believe Bernard Ramm was right when he quoted:
“A thousand times over, the death knell of the Bible has been sounded, the funeral procession formed, the inscription cut on the tombstone, and committal read. But somehow the corpse never stays put.”

“No other book has been so chopped, knifed, sifted, scrutinized, and vilified. What book on philosophy or religion or psychology or belles lettres of classical or modern times has been subject to such a mass attack as the Bible? With such venom and skepticism? With such thoroughness and erudition? Upon every chapter, line and tenet?”

Watch this 4 minute piece of information i stumbled upon on the net and think about how the writer of Genesis got such information:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KMd-5MVF_E

"There is abundant evidence that the Bible, though written by men, is not the product of the human mind. By countless multitudes it has always been revered as a communication to us from the Creator of the Universe".
“We must not build on the sands of an uncertain and everchanging science…but upon the rock of inspired Scriptures.”-Sir Ambrose Flemming , British electrical engineer and inventor, 1849-1945

The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever. Isaiah 40:8

God bless you as you watch the above clip.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by merzybenedict(m): 11:16pm On Nov 18, 2015
When we say The Word of God, it's not just that the authors of the books write from mere understanding... They are simply connected with the source of knowledge.. Moses wrote the first five books based on the touch and inspiration of the Holy Spirit and this brought about the whole science of a thing... Hit like if you are a proud committed Christian... Share if you aren't a believer in Christ yet so that your peeps will help you out to believe in Christ...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 18, 2015
winner01:

God bless you.
There is no science in the Bible. Not a single piece of science. Don't just say there is. SHOW there is.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 18, 2015
merzybenedict:

Moses wrote the first five books based on the touch and inspiration of the Holy Spirit and this brought about the whole science of a thing...
Moses is the father of science?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by RealAdewole(m): 11:29pm On Nov 18, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

There is no science in the Bible. Not a single piece of science. Don't just say there is. SHOW there is.
did you understands quantum physics

1 Like

Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 18, 2015
RealAdewole:
did you understands quantum physics
I do not. I am not a physicist. Does the Bible explain quantum physics? sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by CoolUsername: 11:36pm On Nov 18, 2015
Genesis tells us that there is water above sky. As in, it tells us that the sky is like a solid canopy with water above it. I don't think that your definition of science is in line with the general definition of it.
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by RealAdewole(m): 11:36pm On Nov 18, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

I shouldn't trouble myself trying to explains things to u
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by abiolasogey(m): 11:40pm On Nov 18, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

see name,,end tym homo sapien

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 18, 2015
RealAdewole:
I shouldn't trouble myself trying to explains things to u
Because you have none? I understand.
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by stanvesco(m): 3:34am On Nov 19, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

am slipy eyed now,but i wud show u loads of scientific facts in d bible wen am wide-eyed 2moro ok.
Eg.
The bible explicitly claimed d world was round,y science was saying d world was flat,
science now agrees
buk of psalms/jobs

The bible says mans made frm dust,
science disprovd bt now d facts dir!!
Man may just b made truly frm dust; buk of genesis

man a product of semen,coitur interuptus posibu 2 stop pregnancy ; buk of judges

d world wud /could be dstroyd by fire!
Science now agrees dat d earth has enough nitrogen in d atm,and enof heat at its core to blow up d earth; revelation
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by RealAdewole(m): 6:08am On Nov 19, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

bacause I cant beat sense into u. Did u know how matter look like
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by winner01(m): 6:34am On Nov 19, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Dude, I have nothing to show you. I can only tell you to use your brains, I cant show you how.
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by winner01(m): 9:55am On Nov 19, 2015
"There's far more truth in the Book of Genesis than in the quantum theory"-Malcolm Muggeridge

Prof. Edward Meyer, University of Berlin, one of the greatest living authorities on ancient history
Concerning the Bible said:
“…There is no ground at all for refusing to accept these oldest traditions as historically trustworthy in all essentials, and in their chronological ordering of history.”
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 10:30am On Nov 19, 2015
stanvesco:

am slipy eyed now,but i wud show u loads of scientific facts in d bible wen am wide-eyed 2moro ok.
Eg.
The bible explicitly claimed d world was round,y science was saying d world was flat,
science now agrees
buk of psalms/jobs

The bible says mans made frm dust,
science disprovd bt now d facts dir!!
Man may just b made truly frm dust; buk of genesis

man a product of semen,coitur interuptus posibu 2 stop pregnancy ; buk of judges

d world wud /could be dstroyd by fire!
Science now agrees dat d earth has enough nitrogen in d atm,and enof heat at its core to blow up d earth; revelation

In Isaiah 40 verse 22. The term circle of earth is used. The last time I checked a circle is flat.
The biblical view of the earth is that is a flat disk resting upon pillars that Cant be moved and with the sun revolving round it. As shown in psalm 93 verse 1 . and FYI oxygen is meant for combustion and not nitrogen. Nitrogen limits combustion because it is inert. The scientific view of the end of the world is that the sun would destroy it. And also other religions claim to have alleged scientific facts in their scriptures.

1 Like

Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by winner01(m): 2:20pm On Nov 19, 2015
urahara:

In Isaiah 40 verse 22. The term circle of earth is used. The last time I checked a circle is flat.
The biblical view of the earth is that is a flat disk resting upon pillars that Cant be moved and with the sun revolving round it.
Can people see this desperationundecided?
So when you hear the word "circle", flat comes to your mind. Okay then, Knock yourself out.
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by winner01(m): 2:21pm On Nov 19, 2015

"Even the style of the Scriptures is more than human"
The BIBLE is a telescope between man and GOD; it is the rending of a veil" - Sir Richard Steele
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 3:05pm On Nov 19, 2015
winner01:
Can people see this desperationundecided?
So when you hear the word "circle", flat comes to your mind. Okay then, Knock yourself out.

When I hear the word circle round and flat comes to my mind
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 3:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
In early Mesopotamia mythology the earth was a flat disk floating on water covered by a spherical sky.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by winner01(m): 4:57pm On Nov 19, 2015
urahara:

When I hear the word circle round and flat comes to my mind
So you have included the word "round" so as to validate your claim.
Leave desperation, Circle and flat are not the same ehn grin
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by winner01(m): 4:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
urahara:
In early Mesopotamia mythology the earth was a flat disk floating on water covered by a spherical sky.
Okay, try harder next time.
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
smiley
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
winner01:
Okay, try harder next time.

Leviticus 11 verse 6

And the hare, because it chews the cud but does not divide the hoof; it is unclean to you.

The Hare does not chew it's cud. How can an omniscient God not know this.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by oglalasioux(m): 5:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
[quote author=winner01 post=40180963][b][i]"There's far more truth in the Book of Genesis than in the quantum theory"-Malcolm Muggeridge

Sorry, quantum theory actually explains existence and reality more than the bible. Quantum mechanics in fact prove the existence of God. The bible and other religious books are simply documents that mass murderers used to cover up their atrocities. If you want to know God, look for Him in science. That's the only place He is true and the Almighty.
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2015
4 And God said, Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be signs and tokens [of God’s provident care], and [to mark] seasons, days, and years,

15 And let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light upon the earth. And it was so.

16 And God made the two great lights—the greater light (the sun) to rule the day and the lesser light (the moon) to rule the night. He also made the stars.

17 And God set them in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the earth,

Point 1 the moon has no light. It reflects light from the sun.

Point 2. The sun moon and stars are not in any sky. If they were we would be dead by now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by stanvesco(m): 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2015
urahara:

The biblical view of the earth is that is a flat disk resting upon pillars that Cant be moved and with the sun revolving round it. As shown in psalm 93 verse 1 . and FYI oxygen is meant for combustion and not nitrogen. Nitrogen limits combustion because it is inert. The scientific view of the end of the world is that the sun would destroy it. And also other religions claim to have alleged scientific facts in their scriptures.

i am supa busy now,however i wil come bak with detailed n beta facts for u ok
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by stanvesco(m): 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
winner01:
So you have included the word "round" so as to validate your claim.
Leave desperation, Circle and flat are not the same ehn grin

d earth in geographys actually spherical....bt dats nt d point now.
Dir r more mind blowing facts frm d bible
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by winner01(m): 6:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
[quote author=oglalasioux post=40195753][/quote]You might nee to tell that to malcom muggeridge.
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by oglalasioux(m): 6:23pm On Nov 19, 2015
winner01:
You might nee to tell that to malcom muggeridge.
Good to know you don't subscribe to his warped idea
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:52pm On Nov 19, 2015
urahara:
4 And God said, Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be signs and tokens [of God’s provident care], and [to mark] seasons, days, and years,

15 And let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light upon the earth. And it was so.

16 And God made the two great lights—the greater light (the sun) to rule the day and the lesser light (the moon) to rule the night. He also made the stars.

17 And God set them in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the earth,

Point 1 the moon has no light. It reflects light from the sun.

Point 2. The sun moon and stars are not in any sky. If they were we would be dead by now.

Very vacuous comment . So If I say I love the moonlight I have no idea that the moon is opaque and reflects the sun's light ? Have you wondered how the moon got its ability to reflect the sun's light ? I mean since according to you , there is no creator and everything just happened to be .

And the point2 , is just a misconception
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 7:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Very vacuous comment . So If I say I love the moonlight I have no idea that the moon is opaque and reflects the sun's light ? Have you wondered how the moon got its ability to reflect the sun's light ? I mean since according to you , there is no creator and everything just happened to be .

And the point2 , is just a misconception
pronunciation(IPA): /ˈmunlaɪt/noun (uncountable)The light reflected from the moon.(attributive) Illuminated by the light from the moon.

So yes if you talk of moonlight I know what u are talking of. But in this case what is been talked of is not moonlight. It's the moon having its own light. And FYI I am not an atheist. U Christians don't realise that Muslims can also point out that error x means y. U bend the truth so you can keep believing in your crappie book

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
urahara:

pronunciation(IPA): /ˈmunlaɪt/noun (uncountable)The light reflected from the moon.(attributive) Illuminated by the light from the moon.

So yes if you talk of moonlight I know what u are talking of. But in this case what is been talked of is not moonlight. It's the moon having its own light. And FYI I am not an atheist. U Christians don't realise that Muslims can also point out that error x means y. U bend the truth so you can keep believing in your crappie book

Trying to pontificate one's translation forcefully can be deleterious to the mind . Stop wallowing in misconceptions and see the truth . The moon having its own light was never implied .

Dont get me stated with splitting of the moon wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? / Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? / RCCG Holy Ghost Night: Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.