Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information (7602 Views)

"Gain Access To International Blessing With 1k" Pastor Says –Daddy Freeze Reacts / Genesis 11 : 4 To 7: How Realistic Is This Part Of The Bible? / How Did Demons Come Into Existence? Who Created Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 10:01pm On Nov 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Trying to pontificate one's translation th forcefully can be deleterious to the mind . Stop wallowing in misconceptions and see the truth . The moon having its own light was never implied .

Dont get me stated with splitting of the moon wink

I'm not a Muslim.

The Bible teaches that the earth was created 6000 years ago where as a preponderance of scientific evidence as shown us that the earth was made 13.5 billion years ago. And the sun was made 4.57 million years ago.
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 10:02pm On Nov 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Trying to pontificate one's translation th forcefully can be deleterious to the mind . Stop wallowing in misconceptions and see the truth . The moon having its own light was never implied .

I'm not a Muslim.

The Bible teaches that the earth and the sun were created 6000 years ago where as a preponderance of scientific evidence as shown us that the earth was made 4.54 billion years ago. And the sun was made 4.57 million years ago.
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:03pm On Nov 19, 2015
urahara:

I'm not a Muslim.

The Bible teaches that the earth was created 6000 years ago where as a preponderance of scientific evidence as shown us that the earth was made 13.5 billion years ago. And the sun was made 4.57 million years ago.

So which are you ?

Please can you state which verse in the bible that teaches that the earth was created 6,000 years ago ?
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 10:09pm On Nov 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Trying to pontificate one's translation forcefully can be deleterious to the mind . Stop wallowing in misconceptions and see the truth . The moon having its own light was never implied .

U find it had to believe Muhammad splitted the moon but u find it easier to believe that plants were created before the sun and that light was created before the sun.
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:15pm On Nov 19, 2015
urahara:

U find it had to believe Muhammad splitted the moon but u find it easier to believe that plants were created before the sun and that light was created before the sun.

https://www.nairaland.com/2305535/dealing-misconceptions-10-things-bible

Read and tell me what you think
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by dalaman: 10:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
stanvesco:

am slipy eyed now,but i wud show u loads of scientific facts in d bible wen am wide-eyed 2moro ok.
Eg.
The bible explicitly claimed d world was round,y[b] science was saying d world was flat[/b],
science now agrees
buk of psalms/job

When will you guys stop telling lies for Jesus.

Which science claims the world was flat? Can you give us reference to the science that says the world was flat? The earth is not a circle as the bible puts it. The earth is a sphere. A sphere is not a circle. A circle is flat a sphere is not. They are not the same. The bible is wrong.

The bible says mans made frm dust,
science disprovd bt now d facts dir!!
Man may just b made truly frm dust; buk of genesis

Man like everything on earth contains different elements of star dust.

man a product of semen,coitur interuptus posibu 2 stop pregnancy ; buk of judges

d world wud /could be dstroyd by fire!
Science now agrees dat d earth has enough nitrogen in d atm,and enof heat at its core to blow up d earth; revelation

I don't know what to make of this jargon.
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by dalaman: 10:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

He doesn't need to read you own reinterpretation and spin. He will rather go with what was originally written. Your opinion and personal interpretation has nothing to do with what was originally written.
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
dalaman:

Which science claims the world was flat? Can you give us reference to the science that says the world was flat? The earth is not a circle as the bible puts it. The earth is a sphere. A sphere is not a circle. A circle is flat a sphere is not. They are not the same. The bible is wrong.

can we say the earth is round ?
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
dalaman:

He doesn't need to read you own reinterpretation and spin. He will rather go with what was originally written. Your opinion and personal interpretation has nothing to do with what was originally written.

Its not personal . I got the idea from Dake .
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 10:54pm On Nov 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Crack on moon confirms Prophet Muhammad (S) had split it ... www​.jafariyanews.com/.../22 moon_crack... Pls read and tell me what you think
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by stanvesco(m): 10:55pm On Nov 19, 2015
dalaman:

Jargons; vocabs or lingo of a specific group!
I wont discuss with u any fuda...
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by dalaman: 10:55pm On Nov 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

The bible says the earth is a circle, the earth is not a circle but a sphere. A circle is flat while a sphere is not. The bible is wrong, end of story.
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 10:58pm On Nov 19, 2015
dalaman:

He seems unaware that every scientific error in the Quran. Bhagvad. Gita etc can be explained by manipulating the verses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
dalaman:

The bible says the earth is a circle, the earth is not a circle but a sphere. A circle is flat while a sphere is not. The bible is wrong, end of story.

again , dalaman can we say the earth is round ?

1 Like

Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 11:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

So which are you ?

Please can you state which verse in the bible that teaches that the earth was created 6,000 years ago ?

There is no verse rather it is obvious from the genealogical data.
https://answersingenesis.org/ age ... earth/ ..
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/.../Ussher_
www​.godandscience.org/young
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:08pm On Nov 19, 2015
urahara:

There is no verse rather it is obvious from the genealogical data.
https://answersingenesis.org/ age ... earth/ ..
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/.../Ussher_
www​.godandscience.org/young

so which are you ? Not a christian , not a muslim , not an atheist

I know already ... but you said the bible teaches ... and that was what caught my attention
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 11:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
Will u also like to get the idea from dake about the following http://www.equip.org/article/dakes-dangerous-doctrine/
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
urahara:
Will u also like to get the idea from dake about the following http://www.equip.org/article/dakes-dangerous-doctrine/

Ive read almost every perspective of the creation story and Dake's is the most sensible . I read Dake's Annotated Bible at my leisure and it builds my knowledge of the bible . I have had it for close to 7 yrs or so but not that I totally agree with all his views .

That's why I'm sometimes embarrassed by the quality of some topics that are created and addressed in the Religion section
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:47pm On Nov 19, 2015
@urahara ... which religion do you adhere to ?
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 11:55pm On Nov 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Ive read almost every perspective of the creation story and Dake's is the most sensible . I read Dake's Annotated Bible at my leisure and it builds my knowledge of the bible . I have had it for close to 7 yrs or so but not that I totally agree with all his views .

That's why I'm sometimes embarrassed by the quality of some topics that are created and addressed in the Religion section

So Instead of facing the truth squarely u prefer to read the works of preachers who say that when God says x he actually means y.
U talked about the splitting of the moon have u read the "proof" in the link.
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 12:01am On Nov 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
@urahara ... which religion do you adhere to ?

None
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:02am On Nov 20, 2015
urahara:

So Instead of facing the truth squarely u prefer to read the works of preachers who say that when God says x he actually means y.
U talked about the splitting of the moon have u read the "proof" in the link.

I have said over a million times that I dont really care about biblical stories . However God did it , may his name be praised . And I'm not muslim so I dont know why I should see the proof such happened .
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:03am On Nov 20, 2015
urahara:

None

then you are an atheist ... right ?
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 12:06am On Nov 20, 2015
When a Christian sees errors in the bible. He searches for answers so that he won't lose his senseless faith but when a Christian sees an error in the Koran. He doesn't even bother to search for explanations and answers. Same can be said for Muslims as well
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 12:08am On Nov 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

No. Not yet anyway
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:10am On Nov 20, 2015
urahara:

No. Not yet anyway

So why is disbelief crawling in ?
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:14am On Nov 20, 2015
urahara:
When a Christian sees errors in the bible. He searches for answers so that he won't lose his senseless faith but when a Christian sees an error in the Koran. He doesn't even bother to search for explanations and answers. Same can be said for Muslims as well

Hmmmm . I always insist that the truth about God is finally witnessed through experience with Him . Most of the errors are just misconceptions and from translations .
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 12:25am On Nov 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Hmmmm . I always insist that the truth about God is finally witnessed through experience with Him . Most of the errors are just misconceptions and from translations .

Muslims also say that most of the errors are just misconceptions and from translations.
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 8:48am On Nov 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

An agnostic
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

No, the earth isn't round.

1 Like

Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Hmm. Truth about 'what i dont know' is witnesed through experience with 'what i dont know'.
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:09am On Nov 20, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

No, the earth isn't round.

The earth is not perfectly round - spherical .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oh Lord Open Your Book Of Remembrance And Remember Me For Good / The 5-F Pillars Of A Heavenly Minded Christian / How Many Of Billions Of Christians On Earth Do You Think Would Make Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.