Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder (43475 Views)

How To Work With Difficult People And Still Maintain Your Sanity. / Where Can I Work As A Motion Graphics Professional / Computer Science: Where Can I Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by jabojafa(m): 8:40am On Nov 19, 2015
dis story get k-leg o, how were u able to do IT defence, seminar presentatn n project defence using his matric numba n urs with one personality? Do u mean in d whole dept nobody else knew his matric numba? So many questns to answer. All d same forgt dt ur gf. She cant do more dan a dead rat. Even if she tell someone, its inconsequential except she expose ur thru d media/social media. If u happen to find luv again, keep dis secret of urs to ursef. But again wot did ur parents/family/siblings say abt u changing ur identity?

3 Likes

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by firstking01(m): 8:42am On Nov 19, 2015
firstking01:
Op, follow the advice of that woman above me, misspicy or werrin she call herself sef. Just call ur late friends family and explain things to them, if they are gud ppl, they'd go the extramile to defend you, cos ur even doing them a favour. And wat if u have allowed the guys education to waste nko?, ur 3rd class is nt a guarantee that u wnt get a gud job.
...can sm1 show me hw to creat a thread and send pm, any cheerful fellow as i'm new here
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 19, 2015
2dice:
bae
you know dey sleep?
yea ..I no dey sleep
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by dexcira(f): 9:33am On Nov 19, 2015
Ds one tough o. Telling d guys family is a welcomed idea. But how do u go about it? How do u mk dem not to see it dat u killed their son? Cos they might just turn everything. Am sure u must hv known d family well. Probably u should tell d father first mk sure he sees reasons with u. Dt u needed t help d family Dan d result going just like that etc.But op u too u sef effed up but I won't judge u. My opinion sha
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by lekjons(m): 9:39am On Nov 19, 2015
muheewa:
Funny You.........there are some that do keep secrets ooooo
then those must be introverts, if a woman talks to her best friends they'll certainly reveal some secrets to each other.. fact!
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by misspicy(f): 10:04am On Nov 19, 2015
firstking01:
Op, follow the advice of that woman above me, misspicy or werrin she call herself sef. Just call ur late friends family and explain things to them, if they are gud ppl, they'd go the extramile to defend you, cos ur even doing them a favour. And wat if u have allowed the guys education to waste nko?, ur 3rd class is nt a guarantee that u wnt get a gud job.
obaje undecided

misspicy abi wetin she call herself sef undecided
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 19, 2015
u revealed ur secrete to a woman...chai.
just pray nd pray.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 19, 2015
db10dtruth:
Fellows I need help.
During my early uni days I got carried away by extra activities which pretty much cost me academically and even if I am among the best in my dept my result suffered, as a result my CGPA was embarrassing to say the least.
Upon resuming 300 Level, a good friend of mine did not resume, after a few weeks I was worried as you would expect so I traveled down to his family's house to inquire since his number was not going through and was told about his sad demise. He had an accident which cost him his life. I was saddened by what had happened because he was really good and was most probably the 4 best student in the dept, strong CGPA, a 2.1, he was really good not just academically but he had pure natural talent and the way I see it was the hope of his family.
On my way back so many thoughts were running through my mind....my result is poor and there's absolutely no way I can improve on that and still graduate with a 2.1 or even a 2.2 so I made a resolution.
On getting to the hostel I reflected on the whole thing and decided not to tell anyone but our course adviser. My friend was not the type that socialize, some persons in the dept don't even know him that well. He does all his things low-key, he's a very private person so I made an arrangement with our course adviser where I managed to convince him that it will be a shame if he's hard work is allowed to go to waste and amount to nothing, as usual with financial persuasion he allowed me to write his exams, I wrote both our exams until graduation where I graduated with a 3rd class and him a 2.1.
To cut a long story short, I did a change of name and began using his result; all this without anybody's knowledge but me and our course adviser.
It was very complicated but somehow I managed to use his result and even studied abroad with it, got my masters and other professional certificate before I got a 6 figure job in Lagos and came back home.
Ever since I got back I have been doing really well for myself and I have gone as far as taking good care of his family financially as well as training his siblings in school and presently sponsoring 2 in the university. I rented an apartment and bought his dad a car, I know it will never suffice for what their son may have done but I'm only trying the little I can to compensate for their loss as well as for pretending to be their son without their knowledge
About 8 months ago I met a girl and we fell in love, we've been dating and 2 months ago I pooped the question and she accepted. We've been making our wedding arrangements but ever since I feel I have been hiding my real self from her and decided to tell her what I did many years ago. Initially there was no reaction but then this week she came to me and said she cannot get married to a fraud and gave me back the ring.
I'm scared and confuse she may ruin everything, she may reveal my secret which obviously will get me fired and most definitely a jail time. I don't know what to do, I have tried to reason with her and have done way too many explanations but she's not bulging. I don't want to go to jail and I don't want to lose my job. I'm really confuse. What can I do to change her mind or make her not to tell on me or get me fired or even worse go to jail?
Please I need help, real help please....you guys should share your wise words. I can't tell any of my friends, I can't tell anyone about my secret, this is the only place I can pour our my heart and seek advice.
I am dying inside. I have gone through a lot living this life of lie and its so hard but I cannot come clean, not now maybe not ever.

Cc: Lalasticlala
In a simple sentence, you're a criminal.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by 2dice(m): 12:26pm On Nov 19, 2015
Harbosede02:
yea ..I no dey sleep
Na night job u dey do? tongue
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
2dice:
Na night job u dey do? tongue
u need cane for dah kwesion angry
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by 2dice(m): 1:02pm On Nov 19, 2015
Harbosede02:
u need cane for dah kwesion angry
I ask a simple ques
Dirty mind ..better go wash ur mind with hypo
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
Guy you need brain surgery and that ur girl needs a slap to reset her brain!
Una two just stewpid!

1 Like

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by GermanShepherds: 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
jabojafa:
dis story get k-leg o, how were u able to do IT defence, seminar presentatn n project defence using his matric numba n urs with one personality? Do u mean in d whole dept nobody else knew his matric numba? So many questns to answer. All d same forgt dt ur gf. She cant do more dan a dead rat. Even if she tell someone, its inconsequential except she expose ur thru d media/social media. If u happen to find luv again, keep dis secret of urs to ursef. But again wot did ur parents/family/siblings say abt u changing ur identity?
all these cooked up stories sef...
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by GermanShepherds: 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
DeeTus:
In a simple sentence, you're a criminal.
lol...in a somple phrase youre harsh..loooooooool
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by TruthHurts1(m): 1:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
So you "pooped" the question to your then fiancee and now potential whistle-blower? I don't feel sorry for you in any way whatsoever.
You enjoyed the privileges.So pay the f**king consequences! Now it is time to face the other side of the coin and you're shivering like a he-goat who sees his owner sharpening a knife.
Be a man and face your self-inflicted sorrows on your own.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by zeb04(f): 1:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
yomi007k:
I am surprised that Nairalanders can even support this Fraudulent Op.

Maybe wen u guys die, someone else will start using ur degrees to work.

No good woman will stick with u if they know the truth.

Your wealth is ill-gotten, it will leave at last.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by free2ryhme: 1:54pm On Nov 19, 2015
db10dtruth:
Fellows I need help.

During my early uni days I got carried away by extra activities which pretty much cost me academically and even if I am among the best in my dept my result suffered, as a result my CGPA was embarrassing to say the least.

Upon resuming 300 Level, a good friend of mine did not resume, after a few weeks I was worried as you would expect so I traveled down to his family's house to inquire since his number was not going through and was told about his sad demise. He had an accident which cost him his life. I was saddened by what had happened because he was really good and was most probably the 4 best student in the dept, strong CGPA, a 2.1, he was really good not just academically but he had pure natural talent and the way I see it was the hope of his family.

On my way back so many thoughts were running through my mind....my result is poor and there's absolutely no way I can improve on that and still graduate with a 2.1 or even a 2.2 so I made a resolution.

On getting to the hostel I reflected on the whole thing and decided not to tell anyone but our course adviser. My friend was not the type that socialize, some persons in the dept don't even know him that well. He does all his things low-key, he's a very private person so I made an arrangement with our course adviser where I managed to convince him that it will be a shame if he's hard work is allowed to go to waste and amount to nothing, as usual with financial persuasion he allowed me to write his exams, I wrote both our exams until graduation where I graduated with a 3rd class and him a 2.1.

To cut a long story short, I did a change of name and began using his result; all this without anybody's knowledge but me and our course adviser.

It was very complicated but somehow I managed to use his result and even studied abroad with it, got my masters and other professional certificate before I got a 6 figure job in Lagos and came back home.
Ever since I got back I have been doing really well for myself and I have gone as far as taking good care of his family financially as well as training his siblings in school and presently sponsoring 2 in the university. I rented an apartment and bought his dad a car, I know it will never suffice for what their son may have done but I'm only trying the little I can to compensate for their loss as well as for pretending to be their son without their knowledge.

About 8 months ago I met a girl and we fell in love, we've been dating and 2 months ago I pooped the question and she accepted. We've been making our wedding arrangements but ever since I feel I have been hiding my real self from her and decided to tell her what I did many years ago. Initially there was no reaction but then this week she came to me and said she cannot get married to a fraud and gave me back the ring.
I'm scared and confuse she may ruin everything, she may reveal my secret which obviously will get me fired and most definitely a jail time. I don't know what to do, I have tried to reason with her and have done way too many explanations but she's not bulging. I don't want to go to jail and I don't want to lose my job. I'm really confuse. What can I do to change her mind or make her not to tell on me or get me fired or even worse go to jail?

Please I need help, real help please....you guys should share your wise words. I can't tell any of my friends, I can't tell anyone about my secret, this is the only place I can pour our my heart and seek advice.

I am dying inside. I have gone through a lot living this life of lie and its so hard but I cannot come clean, not now maybe not ever.

No matter how much pity and nice you may think you are doing with your dead friend's will never make your actions right.

You are impersonating a dead man simple
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Resilience: 1:54pm On Nov 19, 2015
Is this a movie or what? I will love to see d final episode, wake me up when it's out

4 Likes

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by einsteino(m): 1:54pm On Nov 19, 2015
wait o even after reading the bible where the strongest man met his end by telling a girl called delilah his secret, you still proceeded to. That she is going to be your wife doesn't mean shit! There are things a man takes to the grave, ask your dad he would confirm it! Afterall, if tomorrow you guys get a messy divorce which isn't uncommon these days, it is your secrets she would use in fighting you.

You shouldn't have impersonated the guy but what is done is done. Returning the certificate makes no sense to me, you would even further rubbish the image of Nigeria cos the foreign institution would henceforth be less interested in our applicants. Also you partially own his CGPA since you wrote half of his total exams, the masters is completely yours but in his name. He would be happy in his grave knowing you helped filled the vacuum he left in his family. Some friends would not have cared despite the benefits they have gotten from using his certificate.

In summary what you did isn't nice but returning the cert makes no sense... just continue with your life but if i were you i would start saving to start my own business so that i can start earning without a fraudulent certificate and as such prevent any scandal that may arise from its detection. As for your babe try and make her see reason and your plans of going into business, if she still doesn't want the marriage, plead with her to at least keep your secret since you trusted her enough to confide in. You are a guy now, you should know how to sweet talk a lady, afterall you could sweet talk the daredevil nigerian lecturer.

I once again emphasize that this does not in anyway mean I approve of what you did, neither does it mean i can do such. Am only trying to be logical here instead of playing holier than thou like a typical nigerian that may have done worse if they had the chance/intellect.

10 Likes

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Nemesis99(m): 1:54pm On Nov 19, 2015
This is why I keep saying love is fraud. She accepted to be yur wife buh doesn't wanna love you anymor cuz you had a dark past. I bet her past is worse than yours. WOMEN SHA!!! Everything about 'em na lie even when they say I LOVE YOU
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Beremx(f): 1:54pm On Nov 19, 2015
Your girlfriend is not ready To marry.

You used a dead man's result to help his family. Isn't that good enough?

Abeg, continue with your life! Simple!

1 Like

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by demarc001: 1:55pm On Nov 19, 2015
Iranu
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by confamgist237: 1:57pm On Nov 19, 2015
undecided undecided

hmmmm aiye akama ra ooo
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2015
How do u manage to live wt urself?
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by zeb04(f): 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2015
your girlfriend has integrity and that is so hard to find these days and I really applaud her for that. only a selfish, money hungry person will stay with you after that.

so if I were you, I would come clean. you need to. a clean conscience fears no accusation. how long do you want to continue this lie. pray to God,he will tell you ways to go about it.

1 Like

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Naff24(f): 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2015
babygoat:
end time foolishness angry
Your are a goat for real
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by dbaggy46(m): 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2015
END TIME Certificate
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by tunwumi: 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2015
sorry that i will be blunt, Since u have gone fo masters and u can build on the foundation that was never yours, dont be intimidated by anybody tell them to go overseas and vrified ur result. Don't be scared at all even tell her that was meant to see how faithful she can be. wise up guy u won your life. If you want to be a thief u need to be smart about it and be couragious

db10dtruth:
Fellows I need help.

Ever since I got back I have been doing really well for myself and I have gone as far as taking good care of his family financially as well as training his siblings in school and presently sponsoring 2 in the university. I rented an apartment and bought his dad a car, I know it will never suffice for what their son may have done but I'm only trying the little I can to compensate for their loss as well as for pretending to be their son without their knowledge.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mohammed Babandede Resumes Duty After Recovery From Coronavirus / 100 Excavators Worked Together To Dismantle A Bridge Overnight In China(Photos) / I Earned N10,000 Per Month For 2 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.