Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder (43473 Views)

How To Work With Difficult People And Still Maintain Your Sanity. / Where Can I Work As A Motion Graphics Professional / Computer Science: Where Can I Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by ajilay(m): 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2015
Nigga is likely me too going to graduate with third class but never the less try make enough money nd travel out of the country after u ve done all d needful tins by telling the guy parent the truth. Before doing that make sure ur visa is ready immediately u finish telling d guy parent u travel out straight

1 Like

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Enesi47: 2:45pm On Nov 19, 2015
I beg inbox that lady phone number jare, I didn't know that we still have such lady that not after only wealth in this country
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Fkforyou(m): 2:48pm On Nov 19, 2015
Lol.....are you anywhere related to Mike Ross.? Don't worry Rachel is not going anywhere......Cool Story.
NEXT.....!!!!!
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by wypavu: 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Apostleyurme(m): 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
This was i call foullislness, if u must tell are anything, that should be after d weeding, is like u dnt no lady, she will use that against u.
The only costly advise i have is end d relationship.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Aitee1: 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
This story reminds me of someone i know working with oil and gas company with a fake certificate and fake discharge certificate, he proposed and I said no cos he was careless with his documents and I got to see the difference between the signature on his discharge cert and mine, I had to run to avoid raising kids with a jobless dad tomorrow.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by okoloto: 2:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
Telling the family may be Disastrous as they may think you have a hand in his death through spiritual means to perfect your already laid plans.
You made a terrible mistake. Ask for God's forgiveness. You did well by remembering the family.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by ada2604(f): 2:52pm On Nov 19, 2015
alcuin:
Seriously, you are one smart ass brother, Kudos....but u only failed when u spilled the beans to the lady.
Don't mind those people calling u a thief....if your late friend had properties, wouldn't they be inherited by other people? Of what good is a certificate to a dead friend, anyway?....believe me, your late friend will be proud of u, wherever he is.... Just return some good to his family, if you can, but never tell them why.

Thanks.
honestly dz iz d best advice soo far, cheer!, u only owe God DAT secret, very oda human will misinterpret it meanwhile dey have their own in deir body or evil dey are capable of, bsyds! o.p ur risk nd effort is enof pay already coz ur everyday false life iz still a big risk. but again only if dz story iz real to start with coz enof doubt I have
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by missKiffy(f): 2:52pm On Nov 19, 2015
DoroMega:
Why did you stab yourself, you should have died with that secret. What she doesnt know, wont kill her.
I agree, some secrets are not meant to be shared
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Guyman02: 2:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
PureWays:
@ Op, this is a very delicate matter that should be handled with wisdom...

Nobody is perfect, to me, what you did wasn't that bad.. You made the decision out of a difficult situation..

First thing you should do is to start making plans on building your own business, so incase the truth later comes out, you will have something to fall back on...

The truth will be out one day, so the best thing I believe you can do is to buy yourself some time to gather enough capital for a nice business..

Forgive yourself and ask God for forgiveness.. Find a subtle way to tell your friend's family what you did, though the problem here is that they may take advantage of the the situation and ask you for too much (if you know what I mean), but still, I believe you owe them that...
As for the lady, she isn't worth spending the rest of your life with.. For goodness sake, a woman that is supposed to spend the rest of her life with you should be able to forgive you of that..
Let her go and pray she doesn't tell anyone that matters, cos I think she will eventually tell someone..
It's a crazy world we live in Bro, don't beat yourself much cos of this.. Stay strong, you will get over this, trust me..

Find a subtle way to tell your friend's family what you did?

I like your write up if only you will remove the above portion. The family can accuse him of killing their son and that will be a bigger wahala. He can do a change of name officially.
His late friends family still needs his help and what they dont know wont kill them.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by abbey621(m): 2:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
And you expect people to believe this? SMH! I give it to you though, you are very creative, a genius in the making.

1: You did a name change how? Legally or you just took over the name without doing it in court?

2: No one in your school recognized you or your friend, how big is your department?

3: Course adviser in a Nigerian university grin grin grin I never knew they had so much power to change your name and seal records, no need for H.O.D again grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Neplusultra(f): 2:55pm On Nov 19, 2015
Jesus Christ!
People get mind o! shocked
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by organico(m): 2:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
Hmmmm.... What will I say. Well, the best thing to do is to set the girl up. Try to know her past and get the evidence. By so doing, she will shut up her mouth. After all, each of us has one or two things we don't want others to know about. But, don't try to kill her because, that will complicate issues for you.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by dazekid(m): 3:01pm On Nov 19, 2015
db10dtruth:
[i]

Where are the actual lawyers when you need them? I mean the brilliant ones. OP technically you have not completely broken the law yet(can't be sure unless I look at your documents). You see cases like this are all about the timing and the wording. You said you did a change of name so anything you did after that belongs to you, you were his first friend to get to know he had died, you could have changed your name to honor your friend's legacy. The fact that you were using his degree may not even matter depending on the wording, say in your CV and your University application, it's all subjective, as far as being a criminal goes, you're completely defensible, although you are quite morally wrong but you have been making up for that by taking care of his family, if they agree then my brother ignore all the negative comments. You can choose to feel guilty or not as far as your morals go but that depends on you and seeing as you don't wish to go to jail, I guess you don't feel guilty(at least not enough), the one problem for to you now is your fiancee(or should we call that ex). She may plague you with some sort of guilty conscience unless you can convince her(maybe even to sign a non-disclosure).
There are a lot of holes in your story though.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Godsonkemz(m): 3:04pm On Nov 19, 2015
Some words are better when kept secret no matter how blind a love is, it will one day regain its sight. Don't be carried away.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Konzent(m): 3:05pm On Nov 19, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]With due respect, i think nairalanders are intertwining law with morality. Both are not necessarily coterminous. An act may be unlawful but morality has nothing against it. This is one of such. If we use the clothes, houses and vehicles left behind by a dead man, i don't think anything is wrong with using his certificate. He couldn't have used it in the grave, it does him no harm that OP is using it. In fact the deceased may be happy that even in the grave, his achievement still puts food on someone's table. Go ahead op, the dead is not angry,rather happy that you are promoting his name. But don't be caught up with the law, your act is illegal.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by PureWays(m): 3:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
Guyman02:

Find a subtle way to tell your friend's family what you did?

I like your write up if only you will remove the above portion. The family can accuse him of killing their son and that will be a bigger wahala. He can do a change of name officially.
His late friends family still needs his help and what they dont know wont kill them.
For him to move on, he needs to tell the family of his late friend, and I don't see any other way to tell them other than that... I used the "subtle" word in context of him being wise with his choice of words as he explains it to them..
Nothing can't be settled if you use the right lines.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 3:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
You really want me to believe this poo
So, how were you able to do the exams in one day considering you have to sit for his & yours at the same time. Remember, just you and your course advisor knew about it. so, how was it possible for you to go through it all with the lecturers.
Pls, when's the movie coming out

1 Like

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by dazekid(m): 3:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
Aitee1:
This story reminds me of someone i know working with oil and gas company with a fake certificate and fake discharge certificate, he proposed and I said no cos he was careless with his documents and I got to see the difference between the signature on his discharge cert and mine, I had to run to avoid raising kids with a jobless dad tomorrow.

You are a smart woman, that is a completely different situation from this one. This is identity theft/impersonation, that is forgery.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by ochris03: 3:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
Teempakguy:
i can't solve this problem.

usually, the most effective way would be to just kill her and silence her forever, but, i'm thinking that's not what you really want/need to do at this point.

however, the best thing you can hope for is that she doesn't tell anyone. and that if she does tell someone, then the person is inconsequential. i mean, i don't get it. if you studied abroad with his certificate, then it means you got good at what you were pretending to be, right? i mean, it's fraud, but still . . . she should at least understand that, and it's perfectly fine if she doesn't want to live with you any more, but she should at least shut up . . .

come to think of it, why are you asking us for advice? you're literally asking us to help you break the law. we should hack your ip address and find out where you're posting this from so we can personally hand you over to the police. grin

Bros u no well to talk so. u r jus jealous n pathetic. Na u holy pass infact the guy is a genius to me. how many persons can do wat he did? even went to do msc aboard get six figure job train two persons from d dead guys family buy car nd one bitch and come the talk of reporting. U die well. Bros go to dat gals house tell her say if she lick d matter or make u to lose ur job or even go jail, no joy happiness and male child go succeed for her family even her husband. As she has gone let her go like dat cus this guy carry burden were fit give person HBP. infact tell her say the spirit of the boy said she will run mad if she destroy him and dat a covenant was also made with the dead guys family dat if him or anyone outs asunder, madness will be his/her potion. Girls were d Bleep deir ancestors go come d comont sleep for ur eyes. Guy u for don get her nude pics alot bfor u tell her dis. Know her past too. guy no fear calm dwn nd do notin it will pass ova. go on wit ur life notin d happen abi wered evident der lok
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2015
jabojafa:
dis story get k-leg o, how were u able to do IT defence, seminar presentatn n project defence using his matric numba n urs with one personality? Do u mean in d whole dept nobody else knew his matric numba? So many questns to answer. All d same forgt dt ur gf. She cant do more dan a dead rat. Even if she tell someone, its inconsequential except she expose ur thru d media/social media. If u happen to find luv again, keep dis secret of urs to ursef. But again wot did ur parents/family/siblings say abt u changing ur identity?
The story get Bow leg join sef. How's it possible
Nollywood gist
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by blazers007: 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2015
See this guy ooo
... grin U mistook yourself to be a 'Mike Ross' and ur girlfriend 'Rachel Zane' of d TV Series 'Suits'. You thought she will play along since u thought she loves u; I guess her love 4 u is 'conditional'.

Though it's too late to retrace ur steps now, u must b smart going 4ward.

While it's obvious dat u guys won't and shouldn't be together ever again (because she will threaten u with it at any little provocation), kindly go on ur knees to beg her to keep ur secret. But if you're sure she's hell-bent on exposing u, start looking 4 another job far away 4rm Lagos, or better still look 4 a job overseas.

And finally, go dark...disappear 4rm social media and start living under d radar.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Aitee1: 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
dazekid:

You are a smart woman, that is a completely different situation from this one. This is identity theft/impersonation, that is forgery.

Yeah, I understand!

But op allowed emotions to control him, there's a saying "not all bad things are really bad"

If you know someone knowing a particular truth will hurt the person never tell them no matter how much they love you, now the lady might feel he wasted her time and decide to revenge by handing him over to the police!
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by haftob(m): 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
db10dtruth:
Fellows I need help.

During my early uni days I got carried away by extra activities which pretty much cost me academically and even if I am among the best in my dept my result suffered, as a result my CGPA was embarrassing to say the least.

Upon resuming 300 Level, a good friend of mine did not resume, after a few weeks I was worried as you would expect so I traveled down to his family's house to inquire since his number was not going through and was told about his sad demise. He had an accident which cost him his life. I was saddened by what had happened because he was really good and was most probably the 4 best student in the dept, strong CGPA, a 2.1, he was really good not just academically but he had pure natural talent and the way I see it was the hope of his family.

On my way back so many thoughts were running through my mind....my result is poor and there's absolutely no way I can improve on that and still graduate with a 2.1 or even a 2.2 so I made a resolution.

On getting to the hostel I reflected on the whole thing and decided not to tell anyone but our course adviser. My friend was not the type that socialize, some persons in the dept don't even know him that well. He does all his things low-key, he's a very private person so I made an arrangement with our course adviser where I managed to convince him that it will be a shame if he's hard work is allowed to go to waste and amount to nothing, as usual with financial persuasion he allowed me to write his exams, I wrote both our exams until graduation where I graduated with a 3rd class and him a 2.1.

To cut a long story short, I did a change of name and began using his result; all this without anybody's knowledge but me and our course adviser.

It was very complicated but somehow I managed to use his result and even studied abroad with it, got my masters and other professional certificate before I got a 6 figure job in Lagos and came back home.
Ever since I got back I have been doing really well for myself and I have gone as far as taking good care of his family financially as well as training his siblings in school and presently sponsoring 2 in the university. I rented an apartment and bought his dad a car, I know it will never suffice for what their son may have done but I'm only trying the little I can to compensate for their loss as well as for pretending to be their son without their knowledge.

About 8 months ago I met a girl and we fell in love, we've been dating and 2 months ago I pooped the question and she accepted. We've been making our wedding arrangements but ever since I feel I have been hiding my real self from her and decided to tell her what I did many years ago. Initially there was no reaction but then this week she came to me and said she cannot get married to a fraud and gave me back the ring.
I'm scared and confuse she may ruin everything, she may reveal my secret which obviously will get me fired and most definitely a jail time. I don't know what to do, I have tried to reason with her and have done way too many explanations but she's not bulging. I don't want to go to jail and I don't want to lose my job. I'm really confuse. What can I do to change her mind or make her not to tell on me or get me fired or even worse go to jail?

Please I need help, real help please....you guys should share your wise words. I can't tell any of my friends, I can't tell anyone about my secret, this is the only place I can pour our my heart and seek advice.

I am dying inside. I have gone through a lot living this life of lie and its so hard but I cannot come clean, not now maybe not ever.

Cc: Lalasticlala
Don't be afraid and don't try to kill the lady. A similar scenario happened to my dad, someone is using his result to work and my dad is cool with it since he is nt using it and so that the result won't be a waste. So ion see anything bad in wat u did.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by sammirano: 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
"three people can keep a secret, only if two of them are dead"--Benjamin Franklin
bro you bleeped up by being blinded by love. keeping it from her was your best option.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by damocool(m): 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
Bros I hail ooooo, all of ur actions were all against the Bible and even the law of the land, you lied, sworn falsely(change of name) , using another man identity to defraud(salaries gotten from ur place of work), deceived the school you got ur master degree and so on... Given doesn't even recognizes ur efforts on ur friend's family not to talk of offerings or tithes given at the church if at all u go to church... You never God's forgiveness bro and must also restitute ur ways, open up ur deeds to the school, the parent of ur friend and ur place of work and even return ur MSc certificate back telling them what's behind it. Though before doing this u never to see ur pastor for counselling on how to go about it, hard though, but it takes the grace of God and ur personal conviction, if genuinely born again ooo. Well the choice is yours, gain the whole world FALSELY and lose your soul to hell fire, if only you're a Christian and believed in the Bible though.. May God help you. And for the lady, she's done the right thing for now, though she might probably make a u turn, if she does same punishment is also hanging on her as yours (and even to the NL advising you other wise. Romans 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.). My thoughts though... End time desperation..
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by ify84(m): 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2015
The girl has most likely told someone... It is no longer a secret. So, reveal to the family of the boy and let them know that's why u have been helping them...

Resign, Stop using the name, relocate to Ghana, set up a business... Go to part time school and start afresh. Then marry another. ..

In all these, give your life to Jesus Christ because a man's life does not consist of abundance of things.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 19, 2015
jabojafa:
dis story get k-leg o, how were u able to do IT defence, seminar presentatn n project defence using his matric numba n urs with one personality? Do u mean in d whole dept nobody else knew his matric numba? So many questns to answer.

My thoughts exactly. How did he pull it off?

And if his story is true, then he's a genius and thus, this issue with his galfrnd should not be a big deal for him to deal with.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by UjGina: 3:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
db10dtruth:
Fellows I need help.

During my early uni days I got carried away by extra activities which pretty much cost me academically and even if I am among the best in my dept my result suffered, as a result my CGPA was embarrassing to say the least.

Upon resuming 300 Level, a good friend of mine did not resume, after a few weeks I was worried as you would expect so I traveled down to his family's house to inquire since his number was not going through and was told about his sad demise. He had an accident which cost him his life. I was saddened by what had happened because he was really good and was most probably the 4 best student in the dept, strong CGPA, a 2.1, he was really good not just academically but he had pure natural talent and the way I see it was the hope of his family.

On my way back so many thoughts were running through my mind....my result is poor and there's absolutely no way I can improve on that and still graduate with a 2.1 or even a 2.2 so I made a resolution.

On getting to the hostel I reflected on the whole thing and decided not to tell anyone but our course adviser. My friend was not the type that socialize, some persons in the dept don't even know him that well. He does all his things low-key, he's a very private person so I made an arrangement with our course adviser where I managed to convince him that it will be a shame if he's hard work is allowed to go to waste and amount to nothing, as usual with financial persuasion he allowed me to write his exams, I wrote both our exams until graduation where I graduated with a 3rd class and him a 2.1.

To cut a long story short, I did a change of name and began using his result; all this without anybody's knowledge but me and our course adviser.

It was very complicated but somehow I managed to use his result and even studied abroad with it, got my masters and other professional certificate before I got a 6 figure job in Lagos and came back home.
Ever since I got back I have been doing really well for myself and I have gone as far as taking good care of his family financially as well as training his siblings in school and presently sponsoring 2 in the university. I rented an apartment and bought his dad a car, I know it will never suffice for what their son may have done but I'm only trying the little I can to compensate for their loss as well as for pretending to be their son without their knowledge.

About 8 months ago I met a girl and we fell in love, we've been dating and 2 months ago I pooped the question and she accepted. We've been making our wedding arrangements but ever since I feel I have been hiding my real self from her and decided to tell her what I did many years ago. Initially there was no reaction but then this week she came to me and said she cannot get married to a fraud and gave me back the ring.
I'm scared and confuse she may ruin everything, she may reveal my secret which obviously will get me fired and most definitely a jail time. I don't know what to do, I have tried to reason with her and have done way too many explanations but she's not bulging. I don't want to go to jail and I don't want to lose my job. I'm really confuse. What can I do to change her mind or make her not to tell on me or get me fired or even worse go to jail?

Please I need help, real help please....you guys should share your wise words. I can't tell any of my friends, I can't tell anyone about my secret, this is the only place I can pour our my heart and seek advice.

I am dying inside. I have gone through a lot living this life of lie and its so hard but I cannot come clean, not now maybe not ever.

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by damocool(m): 3:26pm On Nov 19, 2015
ify84:
The girl has most likely told someone... It is no longer a secret. So, reveal to the family of the boy and let them know that's why u have been helping them...

Resign, Stop using the name, relocate to Ghana, set up a business... Go to part time school and start afresh. Then marry another. ..

In all these, give your life to Jesus Christ because a man's life does not consist of abundance of things.

You're forgetting something bro, RESTITUTION..
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Nicepoker(m): 3:27pm On Nov 19, 2015
Op see ur self in jail soon.

1 Like

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by kobonaire(m): 3:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
This story na (fake) squared .....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mohammed Babandede Resumes Duty After Recovery From Coronavirus / 100 Excavators Worked Together To Dismantle A Bridge Overnight In China(Photos) / I Earned N10,000 Per Month For 2 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.