Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

How to build Nigeria of our dreams - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How to build Nigeria of our dreams (1184 Views)

Join Us Build Nigeria, It Is Not Too Late – Arewa Youths Tell Nnamdi Kanu / Nnamdi Kanu Should Forget About Biafra & Join Me To Re-build Nigeria - Osinbajo / With Buhari, Our Dreams Of Nigeria May Be Coming True - Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How to build Nigeria of our dreams by ReportersNG: 12:03pm On Nov 19, 2015
Let me start by saying Nigeria is neither a country nor a nation but a name given to a bunch of states. If you disagree, check the dictionary meaning of 'nation' :
a large body of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular state or territory
. I want to urge everyone never to talk about Nigeria being a nation because this is the genesis of our problem. We act more than we think, and claim what we not. If i may ask, who are we to blame for our problems? Incase you don't know, the masses are to be blamed. A nation work as a team and follow the path of their leaders. Remember a leader without a team is no leader. Stalin remains the hero of Russia because he forced the citizens to walk and think in the same path. Leaders are not angels but common masses who took a decision and instead of supporting them we condemn and leave them to walk alone. Some people keep saying we need to trace our roots, but can someone tell me where the roots of a seed are? Lets stop deceiving ourselves, we need to plant the seed then we talk about its growing process. How can we plant this seed? First, Nigeria inhabitants have to think about who they are, what they stand for, their usefullness and find out why they got brains. This represents finding the type of seed to plant. Secondly, we need to study our environment, which 98% of Nigeria inhabitants don't bother to study. Its as bad as planting a seed on a piece of rock over-laying a rich humus. A little research and effort could bring a lifetime joy instead of lamenting. Why as why? When you can simple ask How? This two types of question separates knowledge and wisdom.
Thirdly , while growing we need spend time gathering needed resources and creating space for a sound growth. But in Nigeria, people spend time condemning those serious about their growth, and this brought about the huge gap between the rich and poor - While others are looking for resources to aid their growth, others sit back and watch - . For once have we thought about the usefulness of social media? People use it to make legit millions daily, while others use it to flaunt themselves, condemn, praise the succesful and waste time. Should it not be a medium for the common man to voice out to the world? Instead the common man uses it to condemn and we keep complaining of stunted growth. Dangote didnt create limestone and as a kid he never knew what it was but after applying the first two steps of seed planting above he was able to discover and use it to claim the position of over 500,000,000 africans. 'why' praise him when you can ask 'how' he made himself to be praised?

To be continued if y'all interested for more ............
TonyeBarcanista, airforce1, hungerbad, fromnigeria, falconey, Cutehector, tosyne2much

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by moderation2020: 12:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
the way forward iz simply to break up

1 Like

Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by ReportersNG: 12:27pm On Nov 19, 2015
moderation2020:
the way forward iz simply to break up
u cnt break a dice because it has six sides but accepting any outcome you get is the key.. Which is as a result of the way you roll. There's hope of getting a six but the uncertainty is having the six repeatedly in a row.
Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by Yujin(m): 1:01pm On Nov 19, 2015
ReportersNG:
u cnt break a dice because it has six sides but accepting any outcome you get is the key.. Which is as a result of the way you roll. There's hope of getting a six but the uncertainty is having the six repeatedly in a row.
Good figurative description but that won't help Nigeria. I've always referred to her as an empire because I know she's neither a country nor a nation. When you roll a dice and only to numbers kept appearing won't you question the source of that dice? Lol. Death to this Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by fromnigeria(m): 1:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
ReportersNG:
Let me start by saying Nigeria is neither a country nor a nation but a name given to a bunch of states. If you disagree, check the dictionary meaning of 'nation' : . I want to urge everyone never to talk about Nigeria being a nation because this is the genesis of our problem. We act more than we think, and claim what we not. If i may ask, who are we to blame for our problems? Incase you don't know, the masses are to be blamed. A nation work as a team and follow the path of their leaders. Remember a leader without a team is no leader. Stalin remains the hero of Russia because he forced the citizens to walk and think in the same path. Leaders are not angels but common masses who took a decision and instead of supporting them we condemn and leave them to walk alone. Some people keep saying we need to trace our roots, but can someone tell me where the roots of a seed are? Lets stop deceiving ourselves, we need to plant the seed then we talk about its growing process. How can we plant this seed? First, Nigeria inhabitants have to think about who they are, what they stand for, their usefullness and find out why they got brains. This represents finding the type of seed to plant. Secondly, we need to study our environment, which 98% of Nigeria inhabitants don't bother to study. Its as bad as planting a seed on a piece of rock over-laying a rich humus. A little research and effort could bring a lifetime joy instead of lamenting. Why as why? When you can simple ask How? This two types of question separates knowledge and wisdom.
Thirdly , while growing we need spend time gathering needed resources and creating space for a sound growth. But in Nigeria, people spend time condemning those serious about their growth, and this brought about the huge gap between the rich and poor - While others are looking for resources to aid their growth, others sit back and watch - . For once have we thought about the usefulness of social media? People use it to make legit millions daily, while others use it to flaunt themselves, condemn, praise the succesful and waste time. Should it not be a medium for the common man to voice out to the world? Instead the common man uses it to condemn and we keep complaining of stunted growth. Dangote didnt create limestone and as a kid he never knew what it was but after applying the first two steps of seed planting above he was able to discover and use it to claim the position of over 500,000,000 africans. 'why' praise him when you can ask 'how' he made himself to be praised?

To be continued if y'all interested for more ............
TonyeBarcanista, airforce1, hungerbad, fromnigeria, falconey, Cutehector, tosyne2much
Well Done. I totally agree with you. Its why some Nigerians are part of the problem of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by ReportersNG: 8:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
fromnigeria:

Well Done. I totally agree with you. Its why some Nigerians are part of the problem of Nigeria.
Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by speedyGonzales: 8:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
we, need the country to more inclusive to all groups, there neither groups has to feel like they are not well, represented i government! the lucky thing is there is a system like this already, used in switzerland that would be very sutable to Nigeria. My proposal is that the each seperate candidates be selected from the six senatoral districts of Nigeria, with a seventh member elected by the senate, to form a Ferderal Executive Council and the ministers will be divided for each of them to head, the president post is rotated among members of the FEC for a term of seven years, an No member of the council is more powerful than the rest and every major executive decision must be voted by the council, and the council must meet every week and report their progress within the ministers they head to the senate every month and answer questions.
Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by ReportersNG: 10:00pm On Nov 19, 2015
speedyGonzales:
we, need the country to more inclusive to all groups, there neither groups has to feel like they are not well, represented i government! the lucky thing is there is a system like this already, used in switzerland that would be very sutable to Nigeria. My proposal is that the each seperate candidates be selected from the six senatoral districts of Nigeria, with a seventh member elected by the senate, to form a Ferderal Executive Council and the ministers will be divided for each of them to head, the president post is rotated among members of the FEC for a term of seven years, an No member of the council is more powerful than the rest and every major executive decision must be voted by the council, and the council must meet every week and report their progress within the ministers they head to the senate every month and answer questions.
i guess yu on the side dat reform shud start from the federal govt
Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by fromnigeria(m): 10:21pm On Nov 19, 2015
I always believe that if every nigerian becomes me. Nigeria will be a better place. Not boasting.

Change starts from within, the family, to the member, to community, to the whole town, state. Before we know it, the 37 states will have more well meaning persons and them in extension Nigeria as a country will be a what we are.

Its not difficult, just that some person decided to recreate themselves after their gods created them.

Ciao

2 Likes

Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by saint047(m): 10:46pm On Nov 19, 2015
Two things I don't understand
1. Why was there no FEC Meeting yesterday? 2. Why is there official silence on this news of missing soldiers?
Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by ReportersNG: 10:47pm On Nov 19, 2015
fromnigeria:
I always believe that if every nigerian becomes me. Nigeria will be a better place. Not boasting.

Change starts from within, the family, to the member, to community, to the whole town, state. Before we know it, the 37 states will have more well meaning persons and them in extension Nigeria as a country will be a what we are.

Its not difficult, just that some person decided to recreate themselves after their gods created them.

Ciao
absolutely. Thee fact that Nigeria inhabitants decide to live life like its just a phase we have to pass through forgetting this phase doesn't exist but we have to create it remains the web shielding their ability to think.
Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by ReportersNG: 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
Yujin:

Good figurative description but that won't help Nigeria. I've always referred to her as an empire because I know she's neither a country nor a nation. When you roll a dice and only to numbers kept appearing won't you question the source of that dice? Lol. Death to this Nigeria.
lol. but do u know a quick check on the size could save you a tank load of trouble? Probably some numbers exist more than once while others don't exist. Nigeria cannot die because it hasn't lived. Sounds confusing but think of it CAN YOU BURST A BALLOON THAT HASN'T BEEN BLOWN? Yet the balloon exists.
Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 19, 2015
Yujin:

Good figurative description but that won't help Nigeria. I've always referred to her as an empire because I know she's neither a country nor a nation. When you roll a dice and only two numbers kept appearing won't you question the source of that dice? Lol. Death to this Nigeria.

Death to your family for wishing death to Nigeria. Only 2 numbers kept, and will keep appearing, because the useless 3rd number that should have been appearing alongside the other 2, in its greed, selfishness & lust for power, was responsible for the 1st coup d'etat that led to the annihilation of the progenitors of its neighboring numbers , hence, the result of the dice producing only 2 numbers instead of 3, and the more reason Y you cannot question the source of the dice, because every action begets a reaction grin

Do you understand or should I break it down for you in biafran language? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by Curlieweed: 10:58pm On Nov 19, 2015
Yujin:

Great insight. Actually, Nigeria is a Zombie Empire;

Definition:

an extensive group of states or countries under a single supreme authority, formerly especially an emperor or empress.
"the Roman Empire"
synonyms: kingdom, realm, domain, territory, imperium;

It is now a Zombie because the head (single supreme authority in this case Britain) has left and like any Zombie without a head, powerful wizards (or necromancers if you like) like OBJ have found a way to re-animate this carcass for their selfish ends.

1 Like

Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by speedyGonzales: 10:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
ReportersNG:
i guess yu on the side dat reform shud start from the federal govt

the governance system we operate under is a failed system... we have to make harder for Nigerians to elect horrible leaders and even less likely that one bad leader has enough power to completely destroy the whole country.
Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by ReportersNG: 11:08pm On Nov 19, 2015
speedyGonzales:

the governance system we operate under is a failed system... we have to make harder for Nigerians to elect horrible leaders and even less likely that one bad leader has enough power to completely destroy the whole country.
if u read my post yu shud know our mistake is leaving the role of leadership for a particular type of person like he/she is an angel. We don't have bad leaders but bad people. If i may ask? What would be your first mission or agenda if yu appointed to lead Nigeria for a day? Do you for once think of making Nigeria a nation ( finding the seed) before growing it?
Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by ReportersNG: 11:19pm On Nov 19, 2015
Curlieweed:

Great insight. Actually, Nigeria is a Zombie Empire;

Definition:

an extensive group of states or countries under a single supreme authority, formerly especially an emperor or empress.
"the Roman Empire"
synonyms: kingdom, realm, domain, territory, imperium;

It is now a Zombie because the head (single supreme authority in this case Britain) has left and like any Zombie without a head, powerful wizards (or necromancers if you like) like OBJ have found a way to re-animate this carcass for their selfish ends.
just like appointing a dog to lead a group of lions and elephant. It wouldn't go well buh wen dis animals realize they got almost the same attributes and the dog is just appointed to lead them through the path he studied which others never thought about, then things can go well.
Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by speedyGonzales: 11:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
ReportersNG:
if u read my post yu shud know our mistake is leaving the role of leadership for a particular type of person like he/she is an angel. We don't have bad leaders but bad people. If i may ask? What would be your first mission or agenda if yu appointed to lead Nigeria for a day? Do you for once think of making Nigeria a nation ( finding the seed) before growing it?

I think a day is not enough to accomplish stuff in Nigeria, but I really hate the fact that the security of live and property in Nigeria is a failure. I would create state police and declare and emergency in electricity in Nigeria. I would instruct state governments to focus more on encouraging agriculture in the state or face a deduction in federal allocation with the aim of feeding the whole of West Africa, i.e. that is a huge income for Nigeria and make the other countries in the region dependent on us, economically. then I would seek free and compulsory education for all Nigerian children, to secondary schools, and free malaria and typhoid treatments for all Nigeria's at the closes approved hospital, where you have to show your National I.D. Card and get access to free treatments... I think, I have good idea's just have to make up to a position and start trying out my idea's and experimenting with it.
Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by ReportersNG: 11:45pm On Nov 19, 2015
speedyGonzales:

I think a day is not enough to accomplish stuff in Nigeria, but I really hate the fact that the security of live and property in Nigeria is a failure. I would create state police and declare and emergency in electricity in Nigeria. I would instruct state governments to focus more on encouraging agriculture in the state or face a deduction in federal allocation with the aim of feeding the whole of West Africa, i.e. that is a huge income for Nigeria and make the other countries in the region dependent on us, economically. then I would seek free and compulsory education for all Nigerian children, to secondary schools, and free malaria and typhoid treatments for all Nigeria's at the closes approved hospital, where you have to show your National I.D. Card and get access to free treatments... I think, I have good idea's just have to make up to a position and start trying out my idea's and experimenting with it.
indeed you have plans for the fruits during harvest but have you gathered d seed to cultivate. You made mention of state policing, am sorry but this is trash. In an environment where the neighbors hate eachother, would you appoint someone from d environment to watch over others. It won't work. Igbo, yoruba and hausa aint the only tribes in nigeria and are regarded as major because other smaller tribes decided to fall under the groups. Many yoruba sub-tribe language can't be understood by a general yoruba man but they see themselves as one. When would all three major tribes come as one? Can you make this possible? If yes, HOW? Remember we all speak English as a general language, trade with eachother, spend the same money, and nothing as such separated us apart from our mentality. In 'NATIONS' around d globe, several festivals are held and some of d festivals belong to a lower division of the nation but everyone in tge bation celebrates it because they are united. I see no love in nigeria and there cant be unity without love.
Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by speedyGonzales: 12:02am On Nov 20, 2015
ReportersNG:
indeed you have plans for the fruits during harvest but have you gathered d seed to cultivate. You made mention of state policing, am sorry but this is trash. In an environment where the neighbors hate eachother, would you appoint someone from d environment to watch over others. It won't work. Igbo, yoruba and hausa aint the only tribes in nigeria and are regarded as major because other smaller tribes decided to fall under the groups. Many yoruba sub-tribe language can't be understood by a general yoruba man but they see themselves as one. When would all three major tribes come as one? Can you make this possible? If yes, HOW? Remember we all speak English as a general language, trade with eachother, spend the same money, and nothing as such separated us apart from our mentality. In 'NATIONS' around d globe, several festivals are held and some of d festivals belong to a lower division of the nation but everyone in tge bation celebrates it because they are united. I see no love in nigeria and there cant be unity without love.

Well, the state policing will work as it is done in america, each state is responsible for their own policing but the federal police (i.e. the FBI) will still remain but in fewer numbers to oversee federal investigations and monitor the operations of the state police for corruptions. but the burden and cost of policing each state is lifted from the FG, but states are free to employ anybody they want, doesn't have to be from that state, but the should also have volunteer police officers too, which are civilians. I think it would work better than our current system but we will have to continue tweaking it, based on observations. because at the moment they is a massive logistical problem with the police force and it hinders the effectiveness of out police force. well, there are no perfect answers but I think a more distrubuted system would work better in Nigeria, but admittedly some states would be saver than others!
Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by ReportersNG: 9:34am On Nov 21, 2015
speedyGonzales:

Well, the state policing will work as it is done in america, each state is responsible for their own policing but the federal police (i.e. the FBI) will still remain but in fewer numbers to oversee federal investigations and monitor the operations of the state police for corruptions. but the burden and cost of policing each state is lifted from the FG, but states are free to employ anybody they want, doesn't have to be from that state, but the should also have volunteer police officers too, which are civilians. I think it would work better than our current system but we will have to continue tweaking it, based on observations. because at the moment they is a massive logistical problem with the police force and it hinders the effectiveness of out police force. well, there are no perfect answers but I think a more distrubuted system would work better in Nigeria, but admittedly some states would be saver than others!
seems u feeling our priority is security and not unity
Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by speedyGonzales: 1:31pm On Nov 21, 2015
ReportersNG:
seems u feeling our priority is security and not unity

we need security and stability... the unity will follow, they come hand in hand!
Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 24, 2015
Gbam,!
Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by Ballmer: 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
Yujin:

Death to the Igbo tribe n hell to Biafra.
Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by ReportersNG: 12:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
Ballmer:
Death to the Igbo tribe n hell to Biafra.
easy..... They are fighting for their rights but without reasonings.. . . And it so sad the biafrans don't know d greatest problem they wud face is wen biafra is created and they are looking for who to rule them..... Dats wen u wud hear there are many types and sub-tribes of igbo.
Re: How to build Nigeria of our dreams by basilo101: 1:18pm On Dec 03, 2015
Stop Quota system and state of origin then can talk about uniting to build a country.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gundunbali Massacre: #BringBackOurSoldiers Dead or Alive-pics / This Better Not Be True! / This Oppression Is Enough From Igala's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.