Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,927 members, 7,814,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? (1946 Views)

North Ready For Nigeria's Break-up / North Ready For Nigeria Break Up Becos Yorubas Have Deceived Dem Again Abi? HAHA / North Ready For Nigeria’s Breakup –prof. Ango Abdullahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by ishiamu(m): 9:12am On Nov 20, 2015
I am a strong and unrepentant believer in a united and indivisible Nigeria. The strength in unity can never be over emphasized. There are many ethnic nationalities seeking the dissolution of Nigeria inwardly and outwardly. I only have pity for them. I pity them because they are misguided, opportunistic and utterly mischievous individuals without a definite roadmap to their quest as well as living in delusion that their imaginary republics will offer anything better than the present Nigeria.

I am convinced that the northern political elites have continued to provide the greatest alibi to the mischief makers in guise of ethnic liberators. They have oxygenated cravings of charlatans and allowed the discussion for national unity to relocate to motor parks, mechanic workshops, markets and palm wine joints instead of hallowed intellectual arenas. Why the northern elites?

The unity of Nigeria was anchored on political and fiscal federalism. In fact, that was the cardinal demand of Northern Nigeria before agreeing independence. When Ironsi took over government after the failed Nzeogwu coup, he abolished the existing federalism and introduced unitary government. The north revolted and cited domination by Ironsi and his Igbo tribe. The murder of Ironsi by Danjuma and others in Ibadan was politically backed by the north because he abolished federalism in Nigeria.

Upon assumption of power, the northern elites reversed themselves and consolidated unitary governance and paid lip service to federalism. From that point, the machination started. They used their military wing to damage the country and created huge, selfish and hypocritical advantage for themselves. Their machination did not directly benefit the average northerner. The major culprits were Gowon, Murtala Mohammed, Babangida and Abacha.

Gowon started the dance by creating three states in the north in other to equalize the pre 1966 status of the south. While, the actions of Gowon could be justified by the need to ensure an effective war strategy to divide the front of the rebellious Biafra, Murtala Mohhamed’s state creation set the dangerous precedence that has skewed our federalism and made it useless. He allocated 10 states to the north and 9 to the south. IBB consolidated this injustice by expanding the northern advantage from one state over the south to two states.

IBB in fact went further to reconstitute the local government structure into a semi federating unit of the republic and created more councils in the north to enable them receive federal allocations. Prior to the IBB destruction of the fiscal federalism we practiced, the federal government had no business funding local government areas. Abacha completed the damage by whimsically creating LGAs that were lopsided. The north finally dwarfed the south in resource allocation.

Meanwhile, the pre 1966 revenue sharing formula was abolished. At that time, derivation was 50%, federal government 20% and remaining 30% was shared among the federating units. This to me is where the northern elites have failed not just other parts of Nigeria but the ordinary northerner that is deprived of equity.

Finally, my position is that we must continue to push for justice, but that cannot be on the basis of dissolution of the federation. All those preaching dissolution and war are anarchists, miscreants and nation wreckers. Men and women of goodwill from all parts of the country must join in the campaign to return the country to pre 1966 status.

Last Line: you cannot be patriotic, objective, humane and desires the vomiting of our eaten yams if you support an injustice simply because it endows you with some undeserved advantages.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by ishiamu(m): 9:13am On Nov 20, 2015
Cc:
flets kenai firefire anonimi nigerianvenom Teryfik Sdindan Roob chukkiephil ChappyChase gunuvi truckpusher bomsilaga, erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Tomakint Francizy Temitemi1 Mizmycoli Hinwazaka Dumkem21 Biafranqueen Mogidi IsraeliAirforce Ambivert Rose2014 Opiaoku Engineerboat, Talktimi ahaika23 coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria Chukwudi44 kaboninc Flets Kenai Eyeview Revdesmondjuju, tonyebarcanista and all patriots. What's your thought on this article I saw on facebook?

1 Like

Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 20, 2015
Spare me bullshit....
You that is good,intelligent, brave and everything nice, what's keeping you from starting the campaign of justice...?
Or are you only fast in labelling those you didn't buy into there ideology who are tired of the system by giving them such denigratory names....
Trying to raise hope when there isn't
Trying to correct wrongs where there is no eraser.
Tryna make peace when there is no love...
Tryna be one Nigeria when there is no unity...
Tryna be indivisible when you ain't an atom...

You are a hypocrite bro

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by speedyGonzales: 9:51am On Nov 20, 2015
101 years don waka and bullsh*t one naija! don tired people!
Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:54am On Nov 20, 2015
The author would have done this article without 'northernising it'. If we are to look into this holistically, the failure would be attributed to Aguyi Ironsi and 'leaders' after him including Dr Goodluck Jonathan.

1. Aguyi Ironsi because he reversed what was working for Nigeria for his SELFISH agenda. What was the justification behind the nullification of Federalist state in 1966? Was that a problem? It even came at the height of the demand for the creation of Calabar-Ogoja-Rivers region from the then Eastern region.

2. Gowon: I won't really blame him because shortly after inheriting power, people started demanding for reversal. My concern however is that Did those people protest against the nullification of federalist state by the military administration of Aguyi Ironsi? I have my bias for Gowon because he heeded to the call for the creation of Rivers state and Cross river state.

3. Murtala/Obasanjo Regime: I won't blame them because they were ONLY interested in returning power to democratic elected government.

4. Shehu Shagari/Alex Ekweme: Shagari administration deliberately REFUSED to reverse to the pre-1966 system of governance. In fact, they wasted 4years ignoring the call for restructuring and SNC.

5. Buhari, IBB and Abacha: The trio assumed power illegitimately and also failed to convoke SNC. Abacha own was even worse because he planned to deliberately skew the demands to achieve his Presidency. Many thought his constitutional conference meant well. Also their refusal to allow the legitimate President MKO to work was a BIG shame.

6. Obasanjo and Jonathan Administrations: Both men are the biggest flops as long as this subject is concerned. My reason is based on the fact that they are from the two regions(SW and SS) that have been shouting the restructure rhetoric. Obasanjo's Constitutional Conference in 2005 was at best a talk shop and at worst a means to further his alleged third term agenda. Jonathan's 2014 Conference was nothing but an avenue to to expand his political frontiers and also a talk shop. Otherwise, hed have convoked SNC and not just Confab, and also have implemented the report/subject it to referendum and not to the NASS(that were part of the process).

The biggest culprit was Kaduna Nzeogu and his gang that staged coup and kick-start the process of this problem.

#Unbiased Opinion

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 20, 2015
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:
The author would have done this article without 'northernising it'. If we are to look into this holistically, the failure would be attributed to Aguyi Ironsi and 'leaders' after him including Dr Goodluck Jonathan.

1. Aguyi Ironsi because he reversed what was working for Nigeria for his SELFISH agenda. What was the justification behind the nullification of Federalist state in 1966? Was that a problem? It even came at the height of the demand for the creation of Calabar-Ogoja-Rivers region from the then Eastern region.

2. Gowon: I won't really blame him because shortly after inheriting power, people started demanding for reversal. My concern however is that Did those people protest against the nullification of federalist state by the military administration of Aguyi Ironsi? I have my bias for Gowon because he heeded to the call for the creation of Rivers state and Cross river state.

3. Murtala/Obasanjo Regime: I won't blame them because they were ONLY interested in returning power to democratic elected government.

4. Shehu Shagari/Alex Ekweme: Shagari administration deliberately REFUSED to reverse to the pre-1966 system of governance. In fact, they wasted 4years ignoring the call for restructuring and SNC.

5. Buhari, IBB and Abacha: The trio assumed power illegitimately and also failed to convoke SNC. Abacha own was even worse because he planned to deliberately skew the demands to achieve his Presidency. Many thought his constitutional conference meant well. Also their refusal to allow the legitimate President MKO to work was a BIG shame.

6. Obasanjo and Jonathan Administrations: Both men are the biggest flops as long as this subject is concerned. My reason is based on the fact that they are from the two regions(SW and SS) that have been shouting the restructure rhetoric. Obasanjo's Constitutional Conference in 2005 was at best a talk shop and at worst a means to further his alleged third term agenda. Jonathan's 2014 Conference was nothing but an avenue to to expand his political frontiers and also a talk shop. Otherwise, hed have convoked SNC and not just Confab, and also have implemented the report/subject it to referendum and not to the NASS(that were part of the process).

The biggest culprit was Kaduna Nzeogu and his gang that staged coup and kick-start the process of this problem.

#Unbiased Opinion
[/s]

[size=50pt]Wackest post ever!!![/size]

4 Likes

Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by lekkie073(m): 10:18am On Nov 20, 2015
this ur music no sweet for ear abeg
Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by tomakint: 10:30am On Nov 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

#Unbiased Opinion
I totally disagree with you bro on this Kaduna Nzeogwu and his group did what was best for the Country way back, the problem started with the tribalistic government of Ahmadu Bello/Tafawa Balewa cum Chief S.L Akintola.....their carelessness and gross ineptitude in power invited the Military Boys. Jonathan was a child of circumstance.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by aminho(m): 10:32am On Nov 20, 2015
if mosquito bite person na aboki mosquito if you get hit by a car that means the car and the driver are both aboki and later you will all shout that the north hates the south while its other way round

3 Likes

Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by ishiamu(m): 11:32am On Nov 20, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:
Spare me bullshit....
You that is good,intelligent, brave and everything nice, what's keeping you from starting the campaign of justice...?
Or are you only fast in labelling those you didn't buy into there ideology who are tired of the system by giving them such denigratory names....
Trying to raise hope when there isn't
Trying to correct wrongs where there is no eraser.
Tryna make peace when there is no love...
Tryna be one Nigeria when there is no unity...
Tryna be indivisible when you ain't an atom...

You are a hypocrite bro

Oboy relax e never reach to hook for neck

It ain't my post shared it to hear people's views haba
Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 20, 2015
ishiamu:

Oboy relax e never reach to hook for neck

It ain't my post shared it to hear people's views haba

Am relaxed already....
When you are done kindly take my message to the original poster that may be your boss.
Nice day.

1 Like

Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by ishiamu(m): 11:48am On Nov 20, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Am relaxed already....
When you are done kindly take my message to the original poster that may be your boss.
Nice day.

Asu anwuru
Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:40pm On Nov 20, 2015
tomakint:

I totally disagree with you bro on this Kaduna Nzeogwu and his group did what was best for the Country way back, the problem started with the tribalistic government of Ahmadu Bello/Tafawa Balewa cum Chief S.L Akintola.....their carelessness and gross ineptitude in power invited the Military Boys. Jonathan was a child of circumstance.
As much as I acknowledge your right to disagree with my position, i still maintain my earlier comment. Irrespective of the challenge facing a country, military intervention is counter-productive and only purge the country into much more crises. The excuse of Nzeogwu to topple democratic elected government, killing tribal leaders in his failed coup is LAME and cannot stand the test of time. It even created bad blood among ethnic groups in Nigeria. Nzeogu to me was a villain. His action set a template for the problems we are facing today.

As for GEJ, he may be a child of 'circumstance' or leader by accident, but the FACT is that he sought the mandate of Nigerians in 2011 to fix things. His failure to address this issue while in power makes him to share part of the blame with his predecessors. Five years was more than enough to convoke SNC that would have been subjected to referendum.

1 Like

Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by tomakint: 12:46pm On Nov 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

As much as I acknowledge your right to disagree with my position, i still maintain my earlier comment. Irrespective of the challenge facing a country, military intervention is counter-productive and only purge the country into much more crises. The excuse of Nzeogwu to topple democratic elected government, killing tribal leaders in his failed coup is LAME and cannot stand the test of time. It even created bad blood among ethnic groups in Nigeria. Nzeogu to me was a villain. His action set a template for the problems we are facing today.

As for GEJ, he may be a child of 'circumstance' or leader by accident, but the FACT is that he sought the mandate of Nigerians in 2011 to fix things. His failure to address this issue while in power makes him to share part of the blame with his predecessors. Five years was more than enough to convoke SNC that would have been subjected to referendum.
....but you are missing or should I say forgetting the FACT that Jonathan's good intentions were scuttled by the powers that be especially from the Northern axis of this Country and even at that he achieved much and history will judge him on that.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by knowledgeable: 1:17pm On Nov 20, 2015
ishiamu:
I am a strong and unrepentant believer in a united and indivisible Nigeria. The strength in unity can never be over emphasized. There are many ethnic nationalities seeking the dissolution of Nigeria inwardly and outwardly. I only have pity for them. I pity them because they are misguided, opportunistic and utterly mischievous individuals without a definite roadmap to their quest as well as living in delusion that their imaginary republics will offer anything better than the present Nigeria.

I am convinced that the northern political elites have continued to provide the greatest alibi to the mischief makers in guise of ethnic liberators. They have oxygenated cravings of charlatans and allowed the discussion for national unity to relocate to motor parks, mechanic workshops, markets and palm wine joints instead of hallowed intellectual arenas. Why the northern elites?

The unity of Nigeria was anchored on political and fiscal federalism. In fact, that was the cardinal demand of Northern Nigeria before agreeing independence. When Ironsi took over government after the failed Nzeogwu coup, he abolished the existing federalism and introduced unitary government. The north revolted and cited domination by Ironsi and his Igbo tribe. The murder of Ironsi by Danjuma and others in Ibadan was politically backed by the north because he abolished federalism in Nigeria.

Upon assumption of power, the northern elites reversed themselves and consolidated unitary governance and paid lip service to federalism. From that point, the machination started. They used their military wing to damage the country and created huge, selfish and hypocritical advantage for themselves. Their machination did not directly benefit the average northerner. The major culprits were Gowon, Murtala Mohammed, Babangida and Abacha.

Gowon started the dance by creating three states in the north in other to equalize the pre 1966 status of the south. While, the actions of Gowon could be justified by the need to ensure an effective war strategy to divide the front of the rebellious Biafra, Murtala Mohhamed’s state creation set the dangerous precedence that has skewed our federalism and made it useless. He allocated 10 states to the north and 9 to the south. IBB consolidated this injustice by expanding the northern advantage from one state over the south to two states.

IBB in fact went further to reconstitute the local government structure into a semi federating unit of the republic and created more councils in the north to enable them receive federal allocations. Prior to the IBB destruction of the fiscal federalism we practiced, the federal government had no business funding local government areas. Abacha completed the damage by whimsically creating LGAs that were lopsided. The north finally dwarfed the south in resource allocation.

Meanwhile, the pre 1966 revenue sharing formula was abolished. At that time, derivation was 50%, federal government 20% and remaining 30% was shared among the federating units. This to me is where the northern elites have failed not just other parts of Nigeria but the ordinary northerner that is deprived of equity.

Finally, my position is that we must continue to push for justice, but that cannot be on the basis of dissolution of the federation. All those preaching dissolution and war are anarchists, miscreants and nation wreckers. Men and women of goodwill from all parts of the country must join in the campaign to return the country to pre 1966 status.

Last Line: you cannot be patriotic, objective, humane and desires the vomiting of our eaten yams if you support an injustice simply because it endows you with some undeserved advantages.

Trash....any individual who shout unity or one Nigeria without first explaining how that can be achieved or the mechanics of it, it's an idiot to me.

Any individual, who does not see that the Igbo ethnic group is more of a Nigerian than the Yorubas and hausa/fulanis both in spirit and in physical, but have come to the conclusion that the Nigerian complex problems are in its foundational dysfunctional structure, and therefore want a restructure or they opt out....is an idiot to me.

Idiots, Nigerian complex and complicated problems, are not bad leadership, corruption and etc, but a foundational dysfunctional structure, that will never never ever see Nigeria transform into a modern progressive society. The Yorubas and hausa/fulanis are bent on defending this foundational dysfunctional structural flaws, while the best Nigerians (the Igbos) see no value in it and wants out.

Idiots, Igbos understand that, a dysfunctional lopsided political structure cannot do anything or come up with a modern solutions to the fulani herdsmen slaughtering unhindered, cutting open and spilling the brains of six months old babies, destroying farmlands at will with no consequences. The ideal of one progressive Nigeria fits into the realm of the Igbo reality, just as the reality of hellish Nigeria is completely rejected in the realm of Igbo reality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by PedroJP(m): 1:43pm On Nov 20, 2015
knowledgeable:

Trash....any individual who shout unity or one Nigeria without first explaining how that can be achieved or the mechanics of it, it's an idiot to me.

Any individual, who does not see that the Igbo ethnic group is more of a Nigerian than the Yorubas and hausa/fulanis both in spirit and in physical, but have come to the conclusion that the Nigerian complex problems are in its foundational dysfunctional structure, and therefore want a restructure or they opt out....is an idiot to me.

Idiots, Nigerian complex and complicated problems, are not bad leadership, corruption and etc, but a foundational dysfunctional structure, that will never never ever see Nigeria transform into a modern progressive society. The Yorubas and hausa/fulanis are bent on defending this foundational dysfunctional structural flaws, while the best Nigerians (the Igbos) see no value in it and wants out.

Idiots, Igbos understand that, a dysfunctional lopsided political structure cannot do anything or come up with a modern solutions to the fulani herdsmen slaughtering unhindered, cutting open and spilling the brains of six months old babies, destroying farmlands at will with no consequences. The ideal of one progressive Nigeria fits into the realm of the Igbo reality, just as the reality of hellish Nigeria is completely rejected in the realm of Igbo reality.

Thank you bro. Since 1960 these hope for Nigeria chanters have refused to make reasonable effort in getting Nigeria where it should be, yet they won't accept to let others try their ideas to make things work.

Ishiamu pls, what are u doing to restructure Nigeria ? What time are we getting the restructuring kicking off ? Since 1966 till date has not been enough to achieve ur restructuring ? Pls let those who want to go to go, then u can keep trying ur failed system over and over again in Nigeria.
Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by PedroJP(m): 1:44pm On Nov 20, 2015
Mind you, only a fool keeps repeating an act expecting different results.

1 Like

Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:00pm On Nov 20, 2015
tomakint:

....but you are missing or should I say forgetting the FACT that Jonathan's good intentions were scuttled by the powers that be especially from the Northern axis of this Country and even at that he achieved much and history will judge him on that.
This is called Blame Game. The fact remains that the presidential powers of this country rested with Jonathan for FiVE years. He never made any attempt, hence, he's to bear Full responsibility for the failure of his administration to restructure the country.

1 Like

Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by ishiamu(m): 3:15pm On Nov 20, 2015
Lalasticlala what do you have to say on this topic na?? We need more contribution can you help drive to a safe destination??
Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by DMerciful(m): 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2015
You are far too bright to think that even GEJ as president has the power to restructure Nigeria. Unless the Hausa-Fulani wants restructuring, any attempt, dogs and baboons will be soaked in blood. Who wants Nigeria to scatter in his tenure? Or you think the chief beneficiaries of this warped structure will just agree like that. Nigeria is not one and can never be! How do you expect oil and water to mix? cry
TonyeBarcanista:

This is called Blame Game. The fact remains that the presidential powers of this country rested with Jonathan for FiVE years. He never made any attempt, hence, he's to bear Full responsibility for the failure of his administration to restructure the country.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by tomakint: 3:43pm On Nov 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Agreed he is to be blamed for whatever happened under his administration I don't think anyone will contest that. The point is this, a particular set of individuals from a particular region of the Country are hellbent that powers belong to them as their birth right hence they threatened Jonathan to satisfy their own judgment......don't ask me if he doesn't have the power to go against them because this is Politics According to Nigeria (PAN) not even Obasanjo (a self-styled strong ex-military man) escaped their rapacious demands when he was in power.
Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by tomakint: 3:45pm On Nov 20, 2015
DMerciful:
You are far too bright to think that even GEJ as president has the power to restructure Nigeria. Unless the Hausa-Fulani wants restructuring, any attempt, dogs and baboons will be soaked in blood. Who wants Nigeria to scatter in his tenure? Or you think the chief beneficiaries of this warped structure will just agree like that. Nigeria is not one and can never be! How do you expect oil and water to mix? cry
This is the crux of the matter my friend, Tonye is missing he thought Nigeria is running a true democracy.
Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:01pm On Nov 20, 2015
DMerciful:
If I'm the President I will be hated by the elite. I will do the needful without fear of losing political allies.

In the case of Jonathan, he was more concerned about his political life(second term) and never wanted to move against the norm. It takes courageous leadership to do certain things. Convoking of SNC will not please the elite(from both regions) and will definitely pitch powerful forces against the President. But he's the President with full powers of the State. Trust me, he will beat them any day.

See the case of TSA for instance, while GEJ's administration were pussy-footing with full implementation(despite that they conceived it), the PMB administration came and were resolute on the implementation. Why do you think some elite mobilised against subsidy removal(though GEJ would have put in palliative)?what happened to the subsidy thieves? What separate a leader from others is the will to do what is noble. Hence, GEJ's excuse of the 'North' won't pass. Leadership comes with responsibilities

Cc Tomakint

1 Like

Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by Olabestonic001(m): 4:38pm On Nov 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

#Unbiased Opinion

Thanks for your observations Tonye.
Those early guys (especially Nzeogwu et all) thought they were doing good not knowing they were progressing in error while the others from Aguiyi Ironsi to GEJ were trying to manipulate realities.
I pray as a Yoruba man that we return to Regional Autonomy or a peaceful dissolution of Nigeria.
Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:12pm On Nov 20, 2015
Olabestonic001:

Thanks for your observations Tonye.
Those early guys (especially Nzeogwu et all) thought they were doing good not knowing they were progressing in error while the others from Aguiyi Ironsi to GEJ were trying to manipulate realities.
I pray as a Yoruba man that we return to Regional Autonomy or a peaceful dissolution of Nigeria.
Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by Omenkata: 6:23pm On Nov 20, 2015
PedroJP:

Thank you bro. Since 1960 these hope for Nigeria chanters have refused to make reasonable effort in getting Nigeria where it should be, yet they won't accept to let others try their ideas to make things work.

Ishiamu pls, what are u doing to restructure Nigeria ? What time are we getting the restructuring kicking off ? Since 1966 till date has not been enough to achieve ur restructuring ? Pls let those who want to go to go, then u can keep trying ur failed system over and over again in Nigeria.

that's the problem we have today @ the bolded.

ask the one Nigeria chanters the thing that will be done to get Nigeria to be better you'll see them landing themselves in some bulshit bias talk.

again if you ask them their gains in the so called one Nigeria they'll start beating the Bush.

the fact is that this phantom unity is a charade.
Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by DMerciful(m): 6:44pm On Nov 20, 2015
Maybe I should be more clear (1) the President does not have that constitutional power to singlehandedly restructure Nigeria and because d north has more members in the national Assembly... It will not fly. 2) southerners will be killed in d north if d north is against it. Rem Denmark picture?
TonyeBarcanista:

If I'm the President I will be hated by the elite. I will do the needful without fear of losing political allies.

In the case of Jonathan, he was more concerned about his political life(second term) and never wanted to move against the norm. It takes courageous leadership to do certain things. Convoking of SNC will not please the elite(from both regions) and will definitely pitch powerful forces against the President. But he's the President with full powers of the State. Trust me, he will beat them any day.

See the case of TSA for instance, while GEJ's administration were pussy-footing with full implementation(despite that they conceived it), the PMB administration came and were resolute on the implementation. Why do you think some elite mobilised against subsidy removal(though GEJ would have put in palliative)?what happened to the subsidy thieves? What separate a leader from others is the will to do what is noble. Hence, GEJ's excuse of the 'North' won't pass. Leadership comes with responsibilities

Cc Tomakint
Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by tomakint: 6:52pm On Nov 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Cc Tomakint
I share ur sentiments on the "Leadership comes with responsibilities" and yes he was not firm enough but blaming him on your subject matter is totally out of it.
Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:33pm On Nov 20, 2015
DMerciful:
Maybe I should be more clear (1) the President does not have that constitutional power to singlehandedly restructure Nigeria and because d north has more members in the national Assembly... It will not fly. 2) southerners will be killed in d north if d north is against it. Rem Denmark picture?
1. Nobody is telling the President to 'reverse' the structure but to convoke SNC.

2. It is the President's duty to protect lives and property of citizens
Re: Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? by Ximonak: 11:49pm On Nov 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

1. Nobody is telling the President to 'reverse' the structure but to convoke SNC.

2. It is the President's duty to protect lives and property of citizens

if the same powers that be (>% N) could hold OBJ down from not exposing the oil cabals (>% N) and OBJ ran Nigeria with little opposition while the same powers (>% N) that be benefited immensely, OBJ would even have done his 3rd term if not that the international bodies supported the masses .

who is GEJ, GEJ even shot himself in the foot first by trying to stop subsidy then when the powers that be fought against it, GEJ exposed oil cabals (>% N) , immediately I knew he would not last.

why is it that nobody have gathered the will power to probed the oil cabals(>% N) that have eating our Nation nigeria and put debts that our generation unborn cannot pay/service from the first oil being drawn out till now.
Expect a president from another planet nobody in any of the parties we are seeing can invoke SNC, if not the powers that'll bring you down you don't dance to their RnB

(1) (Reply)

How Apc Chieftain, Jafaru Isa Was Given N300 Million Contract To ‘refund N100 M / Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts / MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.