Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers (24044 Views)

Do We Have A Local Government Dominated By Non Indigenes In South East? / Ondo Indigenes In Lagos Organized Fund Raising Dinner For Akeredolu (pics) / Non-indigenes In Rivers Petition Buhari Over Wike’s Sack Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 20, 2015
is this how he is going to govern rivers state of all people,let him get ready for the re-run election,there will be surprises
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by Armstrong34(m): 7:48pm On Nov 20, 2015
at least it's not so in my state....okorocha ve declared free education even to unborn children grin
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by speedyGonzales: 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2015
nairaarea:

Primary to secondary education was also free for both indigenes and non indigenes during Amaechi's tenure.
The schools were of world class 340 model schools

During Amaechis tenure Rivers students were paid bursery in all tertiary institutions.
Amaechi employed 13200 teachers on merit both indigenes and non indigenes.

Those who hate Amaechi don't know him
e

ahaha! Amaechi, what year, did this Amaechi free education start? that is 2013... Akwa Ibom had free education since 2009, I have a home in Port Harcourt, visiting thing after years of amaechi the roads were more terrible than it was under Peter Odili, they was no improvement in Rivers States after years of not being in Nigeria and I visited, where as Akwa Ibom the evidence of progress was smacked in my face, from the airport to my house in the village, in Akwa Ibom, No port holes... when I left Nigeria, I started the journey from PH airport. My cousin use to school in PH but came Akwa Ibom to access free education in the state, years before Amaechi, though of offering free education. As someone who has ties to both Akwa Ibom and Rivers State, I'll say Amaechi is a joke.
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by chukel(m): 7:52pm On Nov 20, 2015
Didia has gone to kill that school as he almost killed anatomy department in UNIPORT. Most unqualified person for the office of vice chancellor. A feat he was vehemently prevented from achieving in UNIPORT. See Didia, see Ojule of UPTH. Both are products of Ikwerre agenda.
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by chukel(m): 7:56pm On Nov 20, 2015
drshrewd:

you [b]seems not to understand the cruse of the matter. the indegene and nonindegenes were paying the same amt in school fees before that good for nothing care taker of a governor came sad [/b]
are u really a doctor?
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by samopeyemi: 7:59pm On Nov 20, 2015
State uni- 18000
How much is Uniport charging as TUITION - a Federal uni
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by Abagworo(m): 8:21pm On Nov 20, 2015
speedyGonzales:

ahaha! Amaechi, what year, did this Amaechi free education start? that is 2013... Akwa Ibom had free education since 2009, I have a home in Port Harcourt, visiting thing after years of amaechi the roads were more terrible than it was under Peter Odili, they was no improvement in Rivers States after years of not being in Nigeria and I visited, where as Akwa Ibom the evidence of progress was smacked in my face, from the airport to my house in the village, in Akwa Ibom, No port holes... when I left Nigeria, I started the journey from PH airport. My cousin use to school in PH but came Akwa Ibom to access free education in the state, years before Amaechi, though of offering free education. As someone who has ties to both Akwa Ibom and Rivers State, I'll say Amaechi is a joke.

Only APC States have free education and Akwa Ibom is not APC. And don't start with the lies of no potholes in Akwa Ibom as it has far worse roads than Rivers. The case of Itu to Cross River boundary is not hidden.
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by speedyGonzales: 8:33pm On Nov 20, 2015
Abagworo:

Only APC States have free education and Akwa Ibom is not APC. And don't start with the lies of no potholes in Akwa Ibom as it has far worse roads than Rivers. The case of Itu to Cross River boundary is not hidden.

hahah! you are quite a dolt, Itu to Calabar is a FG road, the previous FG road repaired by Akpabio towards aba, port harcourt, the cost is still not refunded by the FG. however, the internal roads in Akwa Ibom are to die for, compared to Rivers State.

APC states are the only states with free education? what a dumb thing to say, Akpabio instated free education in Akwa Ibom in 2009... (i.e. his first tenure, amaechi 2013, just as he was about to leave office) yet you are here eating up all the propaganda that APC can feed you... I have seen with my eyes, and I have lived for more than 12 years in both states. I know how they use to look and how the look now!

1 Like

Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by KRILMIJAY(m): 8:47pm On Nov 20, 2015
PLANETMARS:
Dats wat u get wen u vote a thug as governor weda apc or pdp

Shatap u over grown slowpoke, D school fees structure dt d so called non-indigene students r protesting against was an inherited structure even d former V.C Prof. BB fakae under d Governance of former Gov. Amaechi used d same structure. Y didnt dey protest? Y didnt Amaechi intervene, now dt Wike z in power its now a crime for non-indigenes to be paying more than 80 thousand. Bros, stop arguing blindly or calling wike names, u people should make inquiries sometimes before commenting on Nairaland & stop being stupid all in d name of PDP & APC. res judicata.
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by djkirkoo2(m): 8:48pm On Nov 20, 2015
PLANETMARS:
Dats wat u get wen u vote a thug as governor weda apc or pdp
Meaning Fashola ur uncle is also a thug cus he increased LASU tuition fee. Stupid fool
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by KRILMIJAY(m): 8:51pm On Nov 20, 2015
bettercreature:
98 percent of people in RIVERS STATE are tribal biggot,they are the same set of people destroying Nairaland,creating meaningless thread,hating on other tribes,siding with fraudstars,calling their motherland a zoo,rename their president a dullard,supporting corrupt officials and trying to distabilize Nigeria.I'm tired of people from that state

Who is this one? who knows u?
Are u a homosapien or an alien? Keep hating, & keep drying up. now, btwn Rivers people & U, who is the tribalist?
keep making ur cretinous statements till d day u delete toothless slowpoke.
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by PLANETMARS(m): 8:54pm On Nov 20, 2015
djkirkoo2:
Meaning Fashola ur uncle is also a thug cus he increased LASU tuition fee. Stupid fool
olodo did he increase it by 300%? Use ur brain don't just type and sshit that comes to mind,u got a brain use it
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by harjayi(m): 8:56pm On Nov 20, 2015
fighal:
if you have to choose between world peace and bill gates'
money, What colour will your ferrari be?
I will rather choose world peace becus if the world is not at peace you will not be afraid of attack at any time
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by THOMPSONDAVIE: 8:58pm On Nov 20, 2015
If all states would reduce their own fee of non indegenes then I guess wike will reduce this #my sis pays 70k at NDU and we are all from Niger delta. While bayelsans pay less, we from rivers pay high. The school fee plus development fee and some charges In RSUST for the non indegenes summed up to 84k coz that's what they said and I pay 23k as an indegene. While bayelsans pay 39k in NDU. smiley
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by PLANETMARS(m): 8:59pm On Nov 20, 2015
KRILMIJAY:

Shatap u over grown slowpoke, D school fees structure dt d so called non-indigene students r protesting against was an inherited structure even d former V.C Prof. BB fakae under d Governance of former Gov. Amaechi used d same structure. Y didnt dey protest? Y didnt Amaechi intervene, now dt Wike z in power its now a crime for non-indigenes to be paying more than 80 thousand. Bros, stop arguing blindly or calling wike names, u people should make inquiries sometimes before commenting on Nairaland & stop being stupid all in d name of PDP & APC. res judicata.
ur stupidity amazes even d most stupid person alive "ur dad". If I where u I wud go for a brain transplant cause ur comment is simply out of topic and senseless.
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by HopeAtHand: 9:03pm On Nov 20, 2015
chukel:
Didia has gone to kill that school as he almost killed anatomy department in UNIPORT. Most unqualified person for the office of vice chancellor. A feat he was vehemently prevented from achieving in UNIPORT. See Didia, see Ojule of UPTH. Both are products of Ikwerre agenda.

Ikwerre agenda??

Rivers state looks good on the outside..deep down is very strong tribalism..

I love it tho, afterall, its the reality of life in Nigeria.
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by JohnFrankling(m): 9:07pm On Nov 20, 2015
bettercreature:
98 percent of people in RIVERS STATE are tribal biggot,they are the same set of people destroying Nairaland,creating meaningless thread,hating on other tribes,siding with fraudstars,calling their motherland a zoo,rename their president a dullard,supporting corrupt officials and trying to distabilize Nigeria.I'm tired of people from that state
your F.O.O.L.L.I.S.H.N.E.S.S is at its peak
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 20, 2015
harjayi:

I will rather choose world peace becus if the world is not at peace you will not be afraid of attack at any time
big big talk.. The world can't be at peace.. E dae bible
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by Abagworo(m): 9:25pm On Nov 20, 2015
speedyGonzales:

hahah! you are quite a dolt, Itu to Calabar is a FG road, the previous FG road repaired by Akpabio towards aba, port harcourt, the cost is still not refunded by the FG. however, the internal roads in Akwa Ibom are to die for, compared to Rivers State.

APC states are the only states with free education? what a dumb thing to say, Akpabio instated free education in Akwa Ibom in 2009... (i.e. his first tenure, amaechi 2013, just as he was about to leave office) yet you are here eating up all the propaganda that APC can feed you... I have seen with my eyes, and I have lived for more than 12 years in both states. I know how they use to look and how the look now!

Internal roads in Uyo are the worst in the East. Maybe because people don't have time to post pictures you think thet don't know. The few major roads are smooth but the internal ones are not even paved in the 1st place.
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by Bimpe29: 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2015
One of d many reasons why Wike must be voted out when opportunity comes.
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by Kalvan: 9:37pm On Nov 20, 2015
They can go and school in Biafra.
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by Kalvan: 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2015
PBundles:
Those opposing this do realize that this is the case in some western countries? Ask anyone who has lived/schooled in the US. State schools are cheaper for state residents. The idea behind it is that residents pay taxes and will/ have assisted in the up keep and wil likely do so when they have graduated. Usually one can get residence after staying for sometime any paying taxes etc. If you dont agree go to a federal school.

Why do we like to protest and use terms like marginalization/tribalism as if its in vogue. Come on lets use the grey matter God gave us.

This! If they want cheap tuition, they can go back to their home state.
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by speedyGonzales: 9:45pm On Nov 20, 2015
Abagworo:

Internal roads in Uyo are the worst in the East. Maybe because people don't have time to post pictures you think thet don't know. The few major roads are smooth but the internal ones are not even paved in the 1st place.

what do you men by worst in the east? in south east? because Akwa Ibom is a south south state, you have probably never even been to akwa ibom... haha! you are a fraud... I have not been to all state in Nigeria but I am sure of Rivers state and Akwa Ibom, because I have spend much of my life in this two states and I have see, with for myself... you are just a fraud with no real knowledge of either of this states! simple!

Also, since, I am of the opinion that you are a fraud, I have chosen to ignore future correspondence on this topic with you! goodbye fake guy!
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by Sheyboy8: 9:48pm On Nov 20, 2015
this is also happening in KWASU indegenes pay 100k while we non-indegene pays 200k.. I pray d Federal government can intervene especially dt of Kwasu its so absurd..
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by Abagworo(m): 10:01pm On Nov 20, 2015
speedyGonzales:

what do you men by worst in the east? in south east? because Akwa Ibom is a south south state, you have probably never even been to akwa ibom... haha! you are a fraud... I have not been to all state in Nigeria but I am sure of Rivers state and Akwa Ibom, because I have spend much of my life in this two states and I have see, with for myself... you are just a fraud with no real knowledge of either of this states! simple!

Also, since, I am of the opinion that you are a fraud, I have chosen to ignore future correspondence on this topic with you! goodbye fake guy!

East is Eastern Nigeria with 5 Igbo States and 3 minority States. If you like I can resurrect the Uyo thread and start posting verifiable pictures of horrible internal roads at Uyo. They are worse than Aba or Oyigbo.
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 20, 2015
chai..#18,000? And we ar payin as high as #124,900 here in esut
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by Freeko4: 10:52pm On Nov 20, 2015
braine:
;Dc

Other states should do same. Let everyone go back to their states to school. Not fight inside church. grin

U re a fool for saying dis. U re one of the few black men dat thinks backward.
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by danieldinho: 11:16pm On Nov 20, 2015
The irony of everything, the so called saint amaechi increased tuition for two sections only to revert back at the peak of election campaing, some non indigineous student who paid school fees earlier were not refunded, the problem here is politicians always outsmarting the citizens. If u ask me I would say vendetta.
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by yhemsy62(m): 11:29pm On Nov 20, 2015
Dem don forget wen wicked Wike be minister of education? ASUU nd Asup strike, dem no no anything
Re: RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers by anibi9674: 11:29pm On Nov 20, 2015
drshrewd:

you seems not to understand the cruse of the matter. the indegene and nonindegenes were paying the same amt in school fees before that good for nothing care taker of a governor came sad
The 18000 is no longer sustainable and The government of The day decide to do The needful by increasing d amount to 80000 which ist not an absurd fee and the same time decide to give subsidy to her own citizen. so what ist The problem? This act ist not just applicable to Rivers state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised / IPOB Member Handcuffed In His Community In Ebonyi. Photos / Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.